Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (834884 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 10:07am On Jun 13, 2022
izeko:
Really hoping for good news this week
When was ur bio?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Toydex4real: 11:05am On Jun 13, 2022
Good morning guys, I don’t know if anyone has ever heard about the issue of missing passport. I have applied for a partner visa since 4th Feb 2022 and still waiting to receive my passport. I’ve sent series of paid mail, calls and even complaint. Decision has been made for a while now but still waiting for my passport to arrive. I’ve been to TLS to check if my passport is there still nothing. I’m starting to think that they’ve lost my passport because it shouldn’t be this long for my passport to arrive. Also, I will like to know if I can apply for another visa while waiting for my passport to arrive. It’s been more than 4 months since I did biometric. I’m starting to lose my cool. It’s really frustrating to be sincere.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 11:08am On Jun 13, 2022
Toydex4real:
Good morning guys, I don’t know if anyone has ever heard about the issue of missing passport. I have applied for a partner visa since 4th Feb 2022 and still waiting to receive my passport. I’ve sent series of paid mail, calls and even complaint. Decision has been made for a while now but still waiting for my passport to arrive. I’ve been to TLS to check if my passport is there still nothing. I’m starting to think that they’ve lost my passport because it shouldn’t be this long for my passport to arrive. Also, I will like to know if I can apply for another visa while waiting for my passport to arrive. It’s been more than 4 months since I did biometric. I’m starting to lose my cool. It’s really frustrating to be sincere.

This is not funny at all. So sorry. Have u raised a complaint on uk website? I dont know if it can help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by izeko: 11:30am On Jun 13, 2022
6th April o
nwaogukings03:

When was ur bio?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 11:35am On Jun 13, 2022
izeko:
6th April o
Which type of visa? Visitor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 11:38am On Jun 13, 2022
djbaju:
26th May, 9 business day

So fast. Big time congrats! Pls where did u apply from?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Haiziik: 11:41am On Jun 13, 2022
My bio was February 2nd. Was called for an interview 3 weeks back. Even after interview, I sent a paid mail on Friday, still decision has not been made.

Toydex4real:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by izeko: 11:49am On Jun 13, 2022
Skilled Worker Chief
nwaogukings03:

Which type of visa? Visitor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Toydex4real: 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2022
I’ve raised complaint several times, still nothing yet. I’m just tired of the whole thing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2022
Toydex4real:
I’ve raised complaint several times, still nothing yet. I’m just tired of the whole thing.
send official compl@int via email to the compl@ints email of the home office
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelejane: 2:25pm On Jun 13, 2022
Visa alert
Mother and 2 kids
2 years visit visa

Biometric May 20
Received by DMC May 25
Email of Sheffield office May 26
Daughters collection email June 2nd
Daughters visa collected on the 3rd June
Mother and sons collection email June 10th

Visa collected June 13

Thanks to Cash Madam , Giselle and every one who responded to all my numerous questions even when they didn't make sense . It ended in priase #whatGodcannotdonotexist.

Made silly mistakes in my application, my bank even addressed the bank letter to German embassy , quoted 5 times my monthly income for the trip but with explanations and I also had good savings with clear prove of source of fund which . God proved himself and this is my evidence .

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
nwaogukings03:

So fast. Big time congrats! Pls where did u apply from?

I applied at Etiebets house, Maryland
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2022
adelejane:
Visa alert
Mother and 2 kids
2 years visit visa

Biometric May 20
Received by DMC May 25
Email of Sheffield office May 26
Daughters collection email June 2nd
Daughters visa collected on the 3rd June
Mother and sons collection email June 10th

Visa collected June 13

Thanks to Cash Madam , Giselle and every one who responded to all my numerous questions even when they didn't make sense . It ended in priase #whatGodcannotdonotexist.

Made silly mistakes in my application, my bank even addressed the bank letter to German embassy , quoted 5 times my monthly income for the trip but with explanations and I also had good savings with clear prove of source of fund which . God proved himself and this is my evidence .

I recall now. Wonderful! Big congrats.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by obehilicious: 2:53pm On Jun 13, 2022
Asking again please, anyone did their biometrics on the 16th of May here?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Primetouch1: 3:23pm On Jun 13, 2022
obehilicious:

10th May nothing yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by goldenedem: 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hello fam , please I really need your help and input on this .
Please my name is golden .
Am 21 years old .
Married to a 43 year old.
Am a 4th year medical student in Poland .
got married May 15th 2022
But I and my husband have a 3 year old son together,
Before we officially got married .

We want to apply for a Uk tourist visa for
Me , my husband, my 3 year old son and my 2 junior brothers (13 and 7 year old respectively).

Also, I still bear my fathers name .
I haven’t changed my surname in my passport to my husbands name yet.
My husband is the sponsor
For the trip too .
Please the following are the documents I intend to attach to our visa application .

Please is there any other documents you advise me to add?
And since am going with my junior brothers , does this affect the visa chances ?

And also, since am not bearing my husbands name yet (we have marriage certificate)
Please does this reduce our visa chances too?

1. Passport photograph of me, hubby , my brothers and my son

2. Copy of our Dubai residency, and landing stamps of Dubai

3. 6 months Bank statement of hubby with closing balance of 19m

4. Marriage certificate

5. Landed documents

6. My husbands 6 months payslip’s

7. My husbands letter of employment, introduction letter and work ID card .

8. My introduction letter from My university (I am a 4th year medical student in Poland )

9. My school student card

10. My brother and my son school introduction letter and school ID card .

11. Birth certificates of my brothers and my son

12. Notarized Consent letter written by my dad and mom to permit the boys travel with us

13. Notarized letter from the court that permits me and hubby to travel with my brother ,

14. Affadavit of marriage between I and my husband

15. Pictures of our one big family

16. Our international passport

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2022
RwandaAir, Egypt air, or Ethiopian airways. Which will you suggest to a first time traveller to Britain
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iamleye(m): 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2022
My brother Biometric - May 5. Sent a paid email June 11 and the response was ''Waiting Decision"
obehilicious:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 6:04pm On Jun 13, 2022
It will take 6weeks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
@goldenedem where do you people reside, where do your brothers reside and with whom, what brings dubai into the picture as you mention residency, since your husband will be sponsoring 5 people does he have a good salary, not about closing statement of acct, when is the proposed trip since you and your brothers are students- it can not be during school term, where are you people going to in the uk, have you sorted out accommodation, have you written down a day to day itinerary for what you will be done everyday, cover letter or in additional information why you all want to undertake this trip at this time etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:13pm On Jun 13, 2022
Thegamingorca:
RwandaAir, Egypt air, or Ethiopian airways. Which will you suggest to a first time traveller to Britain

1st line- british airways, virgin air
2nd line(a)- klm, air france, swiss air(all need transit visas)
2nd line(b)- qatar air, turkish airways
3rd line- all that you have mentioned.. no major difference between them.. choose that with the shortest total flight duration as it will save your body unecessary stress

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aliyu40: 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2022
Thegamingorca:

British Airways
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by goldenedem: 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2022
giselle237:
@goldenedem where do you people reside, where do your brothers reside and with whom, what brings dubai into the picture as you mention residency, since your husband will be sponsoring 5 people does he have a good salary, not about closing statement of acct, when is the proposed trip since you and your brothers are students- it can not be during school term, where are you people going to in the uk, have you sorted out accommodation, have you written down a day to day itinerary for what you will be done everyday, cover letter or in additional information why you all want to undertake this trip at this time etc

We all reside in Nigeria ,
My brothers live with my husband , my mom and
Dad in nigeria . We all
Stay together.
We are going for a holiday ,
We intend to stay in Airbnb apartments
And it’s a summer holiday for me , and the kids are on holidays during July/Aug too , that’s why we want to undertake this trip now .
For the Dubai residency (maybe it’s not necessary as part of documents , i and my husband did it so we could go into Dubai anytime we wanted .
Also , my husband earns 1m monthly but during December,January, March , he earns up to 22m naira in each of those
Months . He works with an international oil company
And , I wasn’t aware of writing down a day to day itinerary.I will put down a day to day itinerary .
Thank you so much for the reply .
Please any other thing to add , I will be very grateful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Pinkybarbie001(f): 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pinkybarbie001:
Kindly help me pls!! How do i pay for the paid email to track my visa as nigeria card is not going through. Pls help
Someone should help pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 6:52pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pinkybarbie001:

Someone should help pls
find someone with Uba master card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:55pm On Jun 13, 2022
goldenedem:
We all reside in Nigeria ,
My brothers live with my husband , my mom and
Dad in nigeria . We all
Stay together.
We are going for a holiday ,
We intend to stay in Airbnb apartments
And it’s a summer holiday for me , and the kids are on holidays during July/Aug too , that’s why we want to undertake this trip now .
For the Dubai residency (maybe it’s not necessary as part of documents , i and my husband did it so we could go into Dubai anytime we wanted .
Also , my husband earns 1m monthly but during December,January, March , he earns up to 22m naira in each of those
Months . He works with an international oil company
And , I wasn’t aware of writing down a day to day itinerary.I will put down a day to day itinerary .
Thank you so much for the reply .
Please any other thing to add , I will be very grateful.

Unpaid air bnb will not count- each form must have an address filled. U need to get something free incase visa doesn't come out, you dont lose funds. Check booking.com and book a hotel with free cancellation.
Gather all documents from your university, intro letter and school id is not enough, show progression, school results, school payments to show you can not abandon school with few years left. Same for the other students ie your brothers
You can add the dubai residency abi stamp.
U need to add whatever is your residency status in poland
Also you are tourists.. it is expected that genuine tourists should have an idea of what they plan to do on a trip.. so you need a day to day itinerary of what you will be doing on each day
Add proofs of genuine and subsisting relationship between you and your spouse. As marriage certificate is less than 4 weeks. Add pictures, pregnancy photos etc since you have/had a child before now between you two. Everyone’s birth cert is needed to show proof of relationship to each other.. pls no late registration of birth.. if you or anyone of the travellers has this situation pls look for letter from Deputy Registrar of NPC to account for this.
Husband should add all promotion letters if applicable
Write cover letters if there’s anything u dnt want the visa officers to misconstrue as you won’t be there to speak.
In your brothers’ consent letters from parents let it be stated that they will be returning home and tie the holiday to something.. like they excelled in the last session and you/husband promised that if they did well in their studies they will earn an all expenses paid holiday to the uk. They have done well hence the trip/sponsorship. This is important if this is their 1st trip outside Nigeria. Eco might say why the UK. So state that u specifically mentioned UK as it is your choice holiday destination and have longed to visit
Add identification of your dad and mum to their docs eg intl passport of parents, nin etc
Anything else that proves each person’s tie to their home country or current place of residency is a a must
If you require any addtnal info, pls see my secretary smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Babysoldier(m): 7:25pm On Jun 13, 2022
adelejane:

yes May 20th did our biometric .....renewal for 3 people got one passport back yesterday with Visa ...hoping we receive the rest next week....fingers crossed
have u gotten. The rest yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by obehilicious: 7:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
Primetouch1:

10th May nothing yet

Skilled worker?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelejane: 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
yes got them today

Babysoldier:
have u gotten. The rest yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Primetouch1: 8:24pm On Jun 13, 2022
obehilicious:

Skilled worker?
Tourist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jennyhumphrey(f): 8:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
Two years
babyfaiz:
please, was this 2, 5 or 10 years visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jennyhumphrey(f): 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
I just responded
Febisola007:

Hi Jenny,

I'm trying to send you a mail. Please can you check?

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (618) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.