Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,726 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (843806 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (622) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DrStrangelove: 10:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
Good day

Pls ur uncle can use the account to apply. The opening balance will be hefty to start with and that will show natural progression to the 150M.

Since he is a businessman, he should be ready to prove to the VO the kinda business he's involved in and to show some transaction evidences (probably pertaining to some heavy inflows in the bank statement).

Also company registration, company income tax returns (if that's available and genuine), any company partnerships or distributorship docs (as may apply) and also an introduction letter may suffice. He can also provide proof of investments like real estate, FGN bonds or fixed deposit/investment account.

For businessmen who doesn't have a salary based account, I will always recommend a savings/fixed deposit/investment account as opposed to just ordinary bank account statement. The VOs tend to assume on Ur behalf and not get the drift going on in Ur account.

Poster, With the above docs highlighted above and the 150M bank statement, Ur uncle is good to go.

Goodluck

JaySterling:
I’m posting this for my uncle who plans on traveling to UK next month

He has a personal savings bank account with about 150M balance

He is a business man and doesn’t receive salary, his money comes into the account everyday

Can he use the account to apply for a UK visa ? Or he has to start paying himself salary for 6 months ? Please respond
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DrStrangelove: 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2022
I also think they are worked by the same VO. Am guessing re-alignment happens at the DMC when the dockets reach there. The applications can get there in any order but once the first one gets to the VO, there's a mechanism in place that lets him/her know there is another application coming to join the first one. Either the tagging is done from the VAC when they are preparing the first application to go out or there is some flag on their system at the DMC (remember we fill the form online and it we include the people going with us) that informs the VO to pend and await the remaining co-applications which they can trace from the portal right from the appointment portal down to submission and logistics.

In my own case, I did my submission on a Thursday and it went sent to the DMC the next day Friday. My wife went to submit the following Tuesday and the package got to the DMC later in the day. We got alerts the same time that our application is being worked on and also got decision alerts same day about same time.

Now the return logistics might be screw up now though we got our return packages same day.

Goodluck

babyfaiz:

I don’t think so. I think they’re treated by the same Eco except they went for biometrics on different days. I used to think they’re being treated by different eco’s but I have first hand experiences of 3 cases. I applied with my family (5 of us). I’m the principal applicant. We did biometrics together & our checklist and passport copies were binded together. After few weeks, I started sending paid emails. The day I got decision has been made for one person was the day I got decision made for everyone. Unfortunately I got collection mail for 3 & the 2 others are yet to get theirs. What might have happened? My take here would be from dhl and vac. These passports are returned individually & there are specific days VAC’s mail out collection letters to avoid overcrowding or due to shortage of staffs. Passports are returned individually but does not necessarily mean, applications are treated the same (there is a chance though) but from my experience, my brothers & another family that I know of… I think it’s usually treated by the same Eco
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DrStrangelove: 11:01pm On Jul 07, 2022
Good day

It's fine. Get Ur six months visa and when that's over, u can apply for Ur 2 year visa.

It didn't reduce anything.

U could have applied for 2 year straight since u have done 6 months twice but as uv already put in for 6 months, don't sweat.

There should be any worries

Goodluck

livewithpurpose:
Hello House, please I have a question.

I have good travel history, I schooled in Asia and Europe and I've been to the UK twice before on a 6-month visa.

The last time I visited the UK was in 2012 and I just reapplied for a UK visa from Nigeria because I now work and live here. However, I applied for a 6-month visa and I'm thinking if I should have just applied for a 2-year visa instead. Would this have reduced my chance of getting it again? Or should I just wait and visit the UK again that's if I get this 6 months visa and then reapply for a 2-year visa once it expires?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DrStrangelove: 11:07pm On Jul 07, 2022
Good day,

Let me hazard a guess. The back to back refusals might be because of an existing ban which is still active as at the last refusal.

To be sure, if u can paste the contents of the 2 refusals here (u can redact important details u want left out of course)

With this we would be able to know what went wrong.

Or Giselle pointed out, u or Ur lawyer can request a SAR (Subject Access Request) from UKVI to shed more light on the matter.

It's better u start from here before making another visa application.

Goodluck

Phummy2984:
I had a son who is British citizen for a British partner but the father is not responsible for him. He only got him a British passport. I left the uk when he was 6months back to Nigeria. I applied to go to uk a year after but was refused a uk visa on d ground that I did not pay NHS bill when I had my baby. I contacted NHS and they set up a payment plan for me and I have not defaulted in payment. I pay every month. I applied for a uk visa this year and was still refused and my son is 8 years he wishes to return back to uk. Does it mean that my chances of ever goin to d uk is over what can I do. I even got NHS to write me a letter to the embassy still they refused me . Am thinking of reapplying
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by livewithpurpose: 3:18am On Jul 08, 2022
Oggg:

brosss… u’ve good chances of getting it as long as u didnt flout or violate the terms of ur last visas… also yess u cud have gone for 2 yrs but no p.. nothin spoil… Can alwaiz plan for that against ur next application.
Ok thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by livewithpurpose: 3:18am On Jul 08, 2022
DrStrangelove:
Good day

It's fine. Get Ur six months visa and when that's over, u can apply for Ur 2 year visa.

It didn't reduce anything.

U could have applied for 2 year straight since u have done 6 months twice but as uv already put in for 6 months, don't sweat.

There should be any worries

Goodluck

Thank you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by KaceeDcontrol(m): 5:33am On Jul 08, 2022
mimilyrics:
Not necessary. Deed polls are not required for name changes due to marriage and updated BRPs have to be requested within 3 months of the name change (in this case, when the passport is updated to reflect the new details) in order to avoid paying a £1,000 fine.
Just to confirm, when do the three months start counting, is it the marriage date or date passport is changed? The information on their website seems to suggest that it is marriage date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by KaceeDcontrol(m): 5:34am On Jul 08, 2022
mimilyrics:
Deed poll not required for name changes due to marriage. Request for updated name on BRP must be made within 3 months of changing the name on your passport.
Passport needs to be renewed first as the only name that can go on your BRP is the one on your passport.
If you want to change immediately,
1. apply for a new passport in the name you want to use.
2. Apply for a new BRP and follow instructions here: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/biometric-residence-permit-replacement-service

If you want to wait till when it is time to renew/extend your visa/BRP,
1. Apply for your passport in your new name few months before BRP expiration.
2. Make an application to extend/renew your visa, fill out the form with the new name on your passport, give details of your previous name, passports visas and whatever has changed.
3. Submit your marriage certificate + new passport to support the change in details.
4. Register your biometrics and wait for your BRP in your new name.
Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Phummy2984: 7:16am On Jul 08, 2022
Refusal letter attached

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Phummy2984: 7:19am On Jul 08, 2022
Letter of refusal

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blumokinney: 8:26am On Jul 08, 2022
Phummy2984:
Letter of refusal
Excuse me please, when was the day you had the biometrics and when did you get this refusal letter ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:43am On Jul 08, 2022
Phummy2984:
Letter of refusal
I guess the whole thing is overwhelming but truly they have explained all the problems of your application. This case worker did not gloss over and just refuse you. Have a look at all the points raised and start solving all beginning with the debt.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 9:02am On Jul 08, 2022
Phummy2984:
Letter of refusal
I'm not an expert or know much. But you are having outstanding of almost £500 yet to be cleared. Clear it first. Your solicitor letter said you have an agreed payment plan, you didn't submit documents available to backup that claim.

You said you are self-employed, the business registration document submitted was only demonstrating your husband self-employment not you. So if your bank statement is having other deposit asides salary, you have automatically failed to show that it's from your self-employment or you are truly self-employed. The Business registration document is for a company and you are not part of the partners asides your husband.

And the income derived from the company too is not available for your husband alone, if you think you will submit the company statement of account. He's not the sole proprietor of the company.

There's no how you can use your husband company account statement, asides using his personal bank statement reflecting income from the company account showing the company name. Then he can demonstrate that they are available to him for his personal use. And please asides the Company Business registration, there are other documents to demonstrate that the business is active and trading to the point of application. E.g business trade Invoice, income Payment Receipts etc.

God bless you giselle237
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:13am On Jul 08, 2022
The debt is actually £3428.
The £500 mentioned is the immigration law under which they will be standing on… debt of at least 500 for overseas visitor

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Carim19(m): 9:42am On Jul 08, 2022
I received the refusal mail yesterday evening

I will reapply next year,my plan this year is filled already we mueeveee

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 9:55am On Jul 08, 2022
Carim19:

Please When was your bio So that I will know my stand…I’m shaking� my bio was 17th May.. on 21May I got a mail from Ukvisit enquires that my application has arrived and awaiting consideration. Then another email from UKVI Sheffield on 30th May that they’ve received my application that I won’t hear from them anymore unless they require additional information and that the agency will inform me when my passport is ready for collection. Till now nothing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ifysoma: 10:33am On Jul 08, 2022
Please am asking for a friend. if she applies for a 6 months visa and then stays for 5months then come back. Will it affect her get a two years visa when the current 6 months expires? she is 54 years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 08, 2022
No
ifysoma:
Please am asking for a friend. if she applies for a 6 months visa and then stays for 5months then come back. Will it affect her get a two years visa when the current 6 months expires? she is 54 years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mimilyrics: 10:45am On Jul 08, 2022
3 months from when the name on your passport is changed. Even though the standard is that your name changed when you got married, until you officially change it on your passport, you will still be officially addressed by your maiden name. This is because many people decide to go by their maiden names after marriage so the name change isn't automatic. Your employer/bank will not change this except if it changes on your visa and for you to change it on your visa/BRP, you need to change it on your passport. Your passport/BRP and marriage certificate will be the common denominator in your name change.
KaceeDcontrol:

Just to confirm, when do the three months start counting, is it the marriage date or date passport is changed? The information on their website seems to suggest that it is marriage date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 10:56am On Jul 08, 2022
@tundeloveday
Any update
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Babysoldier(m): 11:22am On Jul 08, 2022
Babysoldier:
type of visa and are the 3 renewal?
have u received the 3rd yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 08, 2022
You don’t need to worry. Yours is coming out with VISA . Quote me......smiles...
HelenABUO:
@tundeloveday
Any update
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kod161: 11:43am On Jul 08, 2022
Hi Fam,
Applied for visiting visa for my mum from the uK.
She has been in the uK before and has good travel history including canada, USA and SA etc
Issue is that she did biometrics on 24th May, and the application is more than 6 weeks now.
Sent a paid mail 10 days ago but was told that her application is being considered and awaiting decision.
After 10days, We are yet to get any response.

Is it okay to send a reminder to follow up on their last response to the paid mail or 10days gap is too small.
She wants to come for my siblings graduation in July and I fear that time May pass wit the way they are handling the application.
Can this also affect them not granting her bearing in mind that the graduation might have passed by the time they make their decision even when she applied early enough.

Thanks in advance for your supportive advise and suggestion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:45am On Jul 08, 2022
ifysoma:
better she does this if she gets the 2 yrs visa.. not starting on 1st visit and doing 5 months. .. no work? no employment? nothing to return to? She should feel free to do this if initially she was granted on the premise that she declared such a long stay or got caught up by sickness(with proof) or other exceptional circumstances
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 11:58am On Jul 08, 2022
tundeloveday:
You don’t need to worry. Yours is coming out with VISA . Quote me......smiles...

Amen☺️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Preshmere: 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2022
Please how long does it take for a standard visit visa to be processed ??
That is before you get a response
Please if you have an idea kindly let me know.

I heard 6 weeks and I also heard 3 weeks
Please I need to be sure
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Preshmere: 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2022
Secondly,
Can an appointment date be moved to an earlier date?
I went for walk-in today and I was told they are not processing walk-ins any longer.

Please help me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2022
Carim19:

This is what happens when you use black market rate for UK visa. If you had used Oanda rate for your estimation from the begining ... your expenses may not have been that high... Moreso, You mistakenly submitted payslips of the month salary didnt drop in ur account... You should have explained that your company had a technical error at the account department so all employees were issued cheques. ... Nonetheless, You may reduce ur expenses to £1400 and reapply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 12:35pm On Jul 08, 2022
8-9 weeks including TLS delays.

Preshmere:
Please how long does it take for a standard visit visa to be processed ??
That is before you get a response
Please if you have an idea kindly let me know.

I heard 6 weeks and I also heard 3 weeks
Please I need to be sure
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thepandaau: 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2022
Thepandaau:
18th May - Visitors visa
Tls Abuja
Previous uk study visa holder
Sent a paid email but got a response saying my application is still being considered.
please what else can I do?

18th May - Biometrics
22nd May - transferred to DMC
8th July - received TLS collection email but yet to receive decision email from UKVI.

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (622) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: Dradephoenix(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.