Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (852583 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babyfaiz: 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2022
Babysoldier:
have u received the 3rd yet?
Have you received collection mail?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 08, 2022
You don’t receive decision email when it’s positive. Just go and collect your passport mate
Thepandaau:

18th May - Biometrics
22nd May - transferred to DMC
8th July - received TLS collection email but yet to receive decision email from UKVI.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2022
tundeloveday:
You don’t receive decision email when it’s positive. Just go and collect your passport mate
What??
You do make a lot of false assertions .. i pray ppl are sensitive not to follow alll the fake/wrong info you put out

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 08, 2022
Haha.... nobody will send u mail that ur visa is successful before they say it’s up for collection.�� No cap

I stand to be corrected ......at least until 2019 before brexit lol

Oggg:

What??
You do make a lot of false assertions .. i pray ppl are sensitive not to follow alll the fake/wrong info you put out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2022
tundeloveday:
Haha.... nobody will send u mail that ur visa is successful before they say it’s up for collection.�� No cap
Did the person say he or she was waiting for visa is successful mail?? .. nothing like that and that’s not what was asked.. dnt twist it now .. too much fake info
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kod161: 1:58pm On Jul 08, 2022
tundeloveday:

Bro, I don’t think you are correct. In some cases, (few) applicants do not receive decision mail which I feel it’s due to error from the VO or DMC.
But in most cases, applicants receive decision mail. Though the decision mail will not tell you that your visa application was successful or refused. It will just come with your application number and to notify you that a decision had been made on your application. However, if a refusal mail does not follow the decision email, it’s 90% certain that your visa application is successful (this is one way people prepare for their travels even before collection mails). But if it’s not, just few minutes after decision mail, you will get the refusal email as well.
I hope this is clear.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2022
I need to look over my shoulder for you in this forum haha..... that’s exactly what decision email means except u knw what else it means tell us
Oggg:
Did the person say he or she was waiting for visa is successful mail .. nothing like that and that’s not what was asked.. dnt twist it now .. too much fake info

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JPB2: 2:03pm On Jul 08, 2022
tundeloveday:

This mail is funny o... I thought they just ask for you to pick ur passport

I don't know about this yet to receive decision mail style
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JPB2: 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2022
tundeloveday:

This much be a strange new style

I thought it was collection mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2022
Is this decision email?
kod161:

Bro, I don’t think you are correct. In some cases, (few) applicants do not receive decision mail which I feel it’s due to error from the VO or DMC.
But in most cases, applicants receive decision mail. Though the decision mail will not tell you that your visa application was successful or refused. It will just come with your application number and to notify you that a decision had been made on your application. However, if a refusal mail does not follow the decision email, it’s 90% certain that your visa application is successful (this is one way people prepare for their travels even before collection mails). But if it’s not, just few minutes after decision mail, you will get the refusal email as well.
I hope this is clear.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by akinkk(m): 2:09pm On Jul 08, 2022
VISA ALERT!
6months, standard visitor visa

2nd-time applicant. First application was rejected in 2018 due to lack of enough ties and finances (didn't appeal or reapply).

Docs supplied: Introduction letter from employer stating details of employment and remuneration, bank statements, marriage certificate, child's birth certificate. Also, (BRP, passport biodata page and, invitation letter) from UK host. Most importantly, a cover letter explaining different major inflows different from my salary, my 2018 rejection and the change in my personal circumstances.

Keep my passport option
Biometrics: May 13, Ikeja
Arrived DMC: May 19
Passport submission request: Jun 15
Submitted passport: 4th July
Collection email: 7th July
Passport collected: 8th July

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2022
akinkk:
VISA ALERT!
6months, standard visitor visa

2nd-time applicant. First application was rejected in 2018 due to lack of enough ties and finances (didn't appeal or reapply).

Docs supplied: Introduction letter from employer stating details of employment and remuneration, bank statements, marriage certificate, child's birth certificate. Also, (BRP, passport biodata page and, invitation letter) from UK host. Most importantly, a cover letter explaining different major inflows different from my salary, my 2018 rejection and the change in my personal circumstances.

Keep my passport option
Biometrics: May 13, Ikeja
Arrived DMC: May 19
Passport submission request: Jun 15
Submitted passport: 4th July
Collection email: 7th July
Passport collected: 8th July

Congratulations.. pls did you receive any mail from UKVI that they’ve received your application I did bio on 17th may,application transfer to DMC same day. I got a mail on 21st of May which is on Saturday that my visa application has arrived and awaiting consideration and got another on 30th of May that they’ve received my application. Till now nothing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2022
You are owing me 1000£ if ur visa comes out positive
HelenABUO:

Congratulations.. pls did you receive any mail from UKVI that they’ve received your application I did bio on 17th may,application transfer to DMC same day. I got a mail on 21st of May which is on Saturday that my visa application has arrived and awaiting consideration and got another on 30th of May that they’ve received my application. Till now nothing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2022
tundeloveday:
You are owing me 1000£ if ur visa comes out positive

Okay lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kod161: 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2022
tundeloveday:
Is this decision email?
Bro, I am in the UK and I have families (siblings) in the UK too. I can as well post my decision Mail and that of my siblings. Please see below:

Dear Xxxxxx,

REF: GWFXXXXXXX4

Please be advised that a decision was made on your visa application today. Your documents and visa decision will now be returned by commercial courier to the visa application centre where you applied (unless you paid for the courier fee in which case it will be returned directly to you). This can take a few days and be subject to unforeseen delays so please wait for the visa application centre to advise you when your documents and decision are ready for collection.

Regards,
UKVI Pretoria

After this comes a collection mail:

Dear Applicant,

Reference: GWFXXXXXXXXX
[b][/b]
Your passport is now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre. You can collect your documents in person or by a representative.

Collection in person

Please provide following:

Your Application Checklist;
Your Original Photographic ID;
Copy of Your Photographic ID;
Copy of birth certificate (if collecting for a minor)*.

So if the first email is not a decision mail, please what is it called?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Debo54: 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2022
Good day guys! I did apply for a 6 months tourist 2 on the 19th of may and got a collection email below today does this means the visa was approved or denied ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2022
Go and collect ur passport with joy in ur heart
Debo54:
Good day guys! I did apply for a 6 months tourist 2 on the 19th of may and got a collection email below today does this means the visa was approved or denied ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Babysoldier(m): 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2022
babyfaiz:

Have you received collection mail?
not yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Abiodunnn(f): 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hello people,
My brother applied for 6 months visa with his family in V.I and he kept his passport with him because he works in Liberia. Now he has gotten a mail to submit his passport. My question now is:
Does he have to submit his passport to the TLS in Lagos and does he have to do so in person or can he send his passport through courier?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jesuisroya: 12:28am On Jul 09, 2022
Greetings All.

Just to give you my own experience.

I live in Paris. My mum came to visit me from Nigeria so she had Schenghen visa on her Nigerian passport.
I decided to apply for a UK visa for me and for her from Paris TLS.
I submitted my documents as sponsor for myself and for my mum.
I applied on June 6 and we got our visas on July 4.

Best regards to all.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jesuisroya: 12:32am On Jul 09, 2022
I kept my mum's passport and when she got the message, I went with her and submitted it.
From my observation, it didn't matter if it was her or me that came with the passport because, it's only to drop the passport.
Your brother will receive another email informing him that his passport is ready (probably the next working day).
However, he'll have to go collect it himself or send someone (with letter of authority + ID Card; the form will be in the email sent).
But if he paid for courrier, then I believe they'll just post it to him.

Abiodunnn:
Hello people,
My brother applied for 6 months visa with his family in V.I and he kept his passport with him because he works in Liberia. Now he has gotten a mail to submit his passport. My question now is:
Does he have to submit his passport to the TLS in Lagos and does he have to do so in person or can he send his passport through courier?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ogodos(m): 5:06am On Jul 09, 2022
I’ve been denied I’m visting visa twice 2014 and 2015 then I was single . Now I want to reply with my wife I got married early this year . I want us to travel to UK for vacation . Please what the best ideal to get it done . I have a good job , I own a house as well . Please put me through
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:42am On Jul 09, 2022
ogodos:
I’ve been denied I’m visting visa twice 2014 and 2015 then I was single . Now I want to reply with my wife I got married early this year . I want us to travel to UK for vacation . Please what the best ideal to get it done . I have a good job , I own a house as well . Please put me through

Can you remember why you were refused in 2014 and 15?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ogodos(m): 8:26am On Jul 09, 2022
justwise:

Can you remember why you were refused in 2014 and 15?

To be honest . I used my mom bank statement but the bank statement copy isn’t clear . I made a mistake of that . I swear it not a fake bank statement .

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Vuitton007: 8:48am On Jul 09, 2022
RENEWAL VISA ALERT!
10yrs
Biometrics 6th May
Trf to UKVI 6th May
Rcvd at DMC 11th May

Nothing ever happened again until a collection mail from TLS 5th July…
Passport picked 6th July and visa till 2032.

Profile:
Working Class, employment letter, promotion(s) letters, work introduction letter, Work ID, payslips, bank statement. Host is a family friend who sent in British passport data page, Work ID, utility/council tax bill to confirm address.

NB: my work profile has remained same for over 15yrs, except for promotions/position/salary review, while my host changes occasionally.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babyfaiz: 8:52am On Jul 09, 2022
Vuitton007:
RENEWAL VISA ALERT!
10yrs
Biometrics 6th May
Trf to UKVI 6th May
Rcvd at DMC 11th May

Nothing ever happened again until a collection mail from TLS 5th July…
Passport picked 6th July and visa till 2032.

Profile:
Working Class, employment letter, promotion(s) letters, work introduction letter, Work ID, payslips, bank statement. Host is a family friend who sent in British passport data page, Work ID, utility/council tax bill to confirm address.

NB: my work profile has remained same for over 15yrs, except for promotions/position/salary review, while my host changes occasionally.
That’s over 8 weeks. Which TLS was this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Vuitton007: 9:06am On Jul 09, 2022
babyfaiz:

That’s over 8 weeks. Which TLS was this?

VI, self upload.
It was really there headache, hence my not sending a paid mail or anything, there was no reason to renew a 10yrs visa for 2months, but we cant complain�‍♀️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:06am On Jul 09, 2022
ogodos:

To be honest . I used my mom bank statement but the bank statement copy isn’t clear . I made a mistake of that . I swear it not a fake bank statement .

Well.. i asked that question because your current visa application will be linked to your previous applications, so apart from meeting all the requirements you also need to declare those previous refusals and address them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by evenda: 9:53am On Jul 09, 2022
Can someone please help me understand and check if this is right

We are applying for 3 children to join father in the UK
We paid the IHS for the 1st child lastweek and was quoted $900
And now I’ve come to finish the rest, the other children IHS has been quoted for $1470 each
I’m wondering what changed in a week as it’s same info for parent i have put in

The father’s brp was given in Jan 2022 to end Aug 2024
So between now and Aug 2024, is abt 2yrs and 1month left

So the $900 seems more appropriate or am i wrong please

Please experts help me understand o undecided

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: maziemeka2024, mikeayus(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.