Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,540 members, 7,837,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (853000 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by akinkk(m): 10:10am On Jul 09, 2022
I got the exact same emails you highlighted here. The one you received on 30th May is the one from UKVI confirming they received your application. Nothing else until the email where they requested I submit my passport.
HelenABUO:

Congratulations.. pls did you receive any mail from UKVI that they’ve received your application I did bio on 17th may,application transfer to DMC same day. I got a mail on 21st of May which is on Saturday that my visa application has arrived and awaiting consideration and got another on 30th of May that they’ve received my application. Till now nothing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 10:19am On Jul 09, 2022
akinkk:
I got the exact same emails you highlighted here. The one you received on 30th May is the one from UKVI confirming they received your application. Nothing else until the email where they requested I submit my passport.

Okay thanks… I got so worried because they said I won’t hear from them again unless they require additional information or unable to meet their standard target service. They said the agency will notify me when my passport is ready for collection. I thought maybe it was something else

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ogodos(m): 10:50am On Jul 09, 2022
justwise:

Well.. i asked that question because your current visa application will be linked to your previous applications, so apart from meeting all the requirements you also need to declare those previous refusals and address them.

Please how will I go about this new application? Can I use an hotel reservation for our vacation? Please I want you to put me through , a lot of things has changed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:00am On Jul 09, 2022
ogodos:

Please how will I go about this new application? Can I use an hotel reservation for our vacation? Please I want you to put me through , a lot of things has changed

Yes you can use hotel reservation, not a lot have changed regarding visa application, the requirements remains the same.

A lot of info is here, even more than you will find in embassy website. Just read through them and apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ogodos(m): 11:19am On Jul 09, 2022
justwise:

Yes you can use hotel reservation, not a lot have changed regarding visa application, the requirements remains the same.

A lot of info is here, even more than you will find in embassy website. Just read through them and apply

A lot has changed . I was single , school and no house . Now I own a house , have a good job and am married . I’m the one sponsoring me and my wife trip .

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Breezzy(m): 11:44am On Jul 09, 2022
Please what's the cost of traveling to UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2022
ogodos:

A lot has changed . I was single , school and no house . Now I own a house , have a good job and am married . I’m the one sponsoring me and my wife trip .
Be proactive. Tackle all possible refusal that may occur from your family circumstances, financial state, travel budget, proof of employment, and the lord will be with you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2022
ogodos:

That can only be an advantage to your visa application, provide evidences of all those and attach them as supporting documents.

Draw a list of things you want to do while in the UK and outline your budget. there is no need to over budget even if you are earning one billion a year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 1:05pm On Jul 09, 2022
Breezzy:
Please what's the cost of traveling to UK
Depends on your income and travel budget. Everyone's case is different according to their situation. You might choose to sort the below differently.

1.Accomodation (UK Host or Hotel)
2. Flight (Direct or Stop in between)
3. Feeding+Funding Expenses while in the UK

Make sure your travel budget is much less than 2month disposable income because of Disposable Income ECO's if you don't have good travel history to convince in addition.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2022
dirolad:
Depends on your income and travel budget. Everyone's case is different according to their situation. You might choose to sort the below differently.

Make sure your travel budget is much less than 2month disposable income because of Disposable Income ECO's if you don't have good travel history to convince in addition.

2month is still fine or a little above 2month... Lets say 2.5 but try not to exceeed that. My advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2022
Vuitton007:
RENEWAL VISA ALERT!
10yrs
Biometrics 6th May
Trf to UKVI 6th May
Rcvd at DMC 11th May

Nothing ever happened again until a collection mail from TLS 5th July…
Passport picked 6th July and visa till 2032.

Profile:
Working Class, employment letter, promotion(s) letters, work introduction letter, Work ID, payslips, bank statement. Host is a family friend who sent in British passport data page, Work ID, utility/council tax bill to confirm address.

NB: my work profile has remained same for over 15yrs, except for promotions/position/salary review, while my host changes occasionally.

Congratulations!!! It not cheap to pay UK visa fee for 10years. For UKVI to investigate your profile for a month means a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by evenda: 2:38pm On Jul 09, 2022
evenda:
Can someone please help me understand and check if this is right

We are applying for 3 children to join father in the UK
We paid the IHS for the 1st child lastweek and was quoted $900
And now I’ve come to finish the rest, the other children IHS has been quoted for $1470 each
I’m wondering what changed in a week as it’s same info for parent i have put in

The father’s brp was given in Jan 2022 to end Aug 2024

So between now and Aug 2024, is abt 2yrs and 1month left

So the $900 seems more appropriate or am i wrong please

Please experts help me understand o undecided

Thank you

So we’re not lost, anyone able to help me understand?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ogodos(m): 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2022
justwise:
[/b]

That can only be an advantage to your visa application, provide evidences of all those and attach them as supporting documents.

Draw a list of things you want to do while in the UK and outline your budget. there is no need to over budget even if you are earning one billion a year.

Please like how much should I budget for my travel plans ? Ticket , hotel , and other stuff
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Breezzy(m): 3:40pm On Jul 09, 2022
dirolad:

Thanks bro but can you please throw more light, what it will cost
1. Accommodation (hotel)
2. Flight (any of the above you mentioned) the one that is advisable
3. Should my budget be above 2.5 or 3m?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 4:10pm On Jul 09, 2022
Breezzy:

Thanks bro but can you please throw more light, what it will cost
1. Accommodation (hotel)
2. Flight (any of the above you mentioned) the one that is advisable
3. Should my budget be above 2.5 or 3m?
it all varies depending on the duration of your visit.

Accomodation: visit third party booking sites that accepts free cancelation and check prices for your travel dates. Book down the duration you intend spending. You have to book this down as proof of accomodation and it will be verified by the Decision Making Team. Preferably on free cancelation to be on safer side.

Flight: also visit third party booking sites and select your travel dates. It ranges from 300k-700k depending on your selected travel dates and available flights. It's not compulsory you book this down. But have clear rough budget idea on it.

Feeding....

At the end you will have a total idea of how much it will cost you. With that you might decide to adjust your travel dates and duration to suit your pocket. Know your travel expense before submitting your application as you can't amend anything after submitting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by venabili: 5:09pm On Jul 09, 2022
I am planning on visiting the dubai/UK with my wife, a sister and my kid. We plan on visiting dubai for a week(staying in hotel), then moving to UK for another week where we will be staying with a friend before returning back home.

How easy will it be to get required visas(my wife retained her dad's name though we have a registry issued marriage cert) and i work with an IOC. I have bank statements, statement for shares, payslips, employment letters etc. Our host in UK is also willing to share neccesary docs to proof his adress.

Which of the Visa should we apply for first?
My fear is for my wife and sister who i will be paying for as they do not have their own income stream.

Secondly how much is this likely to cost(first time traveller)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2022
Sounds you already got the visa. Depends on the document accuracy of what u listed. You can’t sponsor your sister with ur statement of account though

venabili:
I am planning on visiting the dubai/UK with my wife, a sister and my kid. We plan on visiting dubai for a week(staying in hotel), then moving to UK for another week where we will be staying with a friend before returning back home.

How easy will it be to get required visas(my wife retained her dad's name though we have a registry issued marriage cert) and i work with an IOC. I have bank statements, statement for shares, payslips, employment letters etc. Our host in UK is also willing to share neccesary docs to proof his adress.

Which of the Visa should we apply for first?
My fear is for my wife and sister who i will be paying for as they do not have their own income stream.

Secondly how much is this likely to cost(first time traveller)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ademidedavid(f): 6:57pm On Jul 09, 2022
giselle237:
it’s like 10 yrs ban is hungrying you. pls declare all refusals.

How do I go about it please because I have done my biometrics
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 09, 2022
If 10 years ban is food, I guess you have eaten it haha... I really believe if you are truthful with ur previous refusal, any refusal from this application will not be based on not stating other refusals...... if u made the student application right, you will get the visa .......
ademidedavid:

How do I go about it please because I have done my biometrics
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ademidedavid(f): 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2022
tundeloveday:
If 10 years ban is food, I guess you have eaten it haha... I really believe if you are truthful with ur previous refusal, any refusal from this application will not be based on not stating other refusals...... if u made the student application right, you will get the visa .......

Can anything be done please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 09, 2022
Omoh, na to wait and see o. Everybody dey learn from successive applications. Your own is another case in point
ademidedavid:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2022
ademidedavid:

if decision hasn't been made yet, you might decide to withdraw your application before it's too late. My advise. Your immigration history is part of what they consider. Declaring it won't harm you, they have access to it and will check your change in circumstances with your new application. If you can forgo the application fee and put in new one. Please do that quickly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ademidedavid(f): 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2022
dirolad:
if decision hasn't been made yet, you might decide to withdraw your application before it's too late. My advise. Your immigration history is part of what they consider. Declaring it won't harm you, they have access to it and will check your change in circumstances with your new application. If you can forgo the application fee and put in new one. Please do that quickly

Okay, thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:27pm On Jul 09, 2022
ademidedavid:
Okay, thanks a lot
what country did you get the 2 refusals from? pls answer urgently
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ademidedavid(f): 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2022
giselle237:
what countries did you get the 2 refusals from? pls answer urgently

Uk visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2022
ademidedavid:

Uk visiting visa
withdraw the application . Why did you do that? haba.For the same country too? This is fire. Withdraw it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ademidedavid(f): 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2022
giselle237:
withdraw the application . Why did you do that? haba.For the same country too? This is fire. Withdraw it.

I didn’t do it intentionally, I swear to God

I thought I only have to declare the most recent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2022
ademidedavid:

I didn’t do it intentionally, I swear to God. I thought I only have to declare the most recent
but the question is have you been denied visa and not what is your most recent uk visa denial .. it is a straight question… and both were this year.. withdraw. withdraw. withdraw

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: chidirobert(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.