Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (826460 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (612) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2022
sammiy:
Did biometric on 18th May in Ikeja, Got refusal on 7th July, so confirming that post on if you did biometric earlier with no response yet then most likely you have good news coming.

Professionals please what is your counsel on this refusal, provided dorm account statement with about $5k and stated in cover letter that the dorm account is my savings. Access statement & payslips showed other allowance i get aside salary but it appears the ECO didnt take time to assess application

How were you able to save it overtime? Did you explain it?

Did you State you are also Self-employed or receive additional income from anything or why did you feel that dorm statement was wrongly Ommitted or why should they take it into consideration with your paid employment? Company Customer money? Because there's a hint of no believe. You only said you are employed and that's why only your salary was traced and only your salary account was being considered. You probably Ommitted something on your application that requires them reviewing the dorm account. If it's truely your personal account and you got it rightly, you can do better.

God bless you Giselle237 for your inputs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talantolo: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2022
the graduation is this friday, considering the time, i also want to do omugo for his wife. who is my sister but i did not indicate it in my application because her due date was august 1St but she's had her baby now.
MarryWhiteasap:
It was stated apply 3 months ahead but considering your biometric timing 25th May. You should be expecting a response from them this week or latest next week. I will also advise you send a paid mail to ascertain this. Its also advisable you get your bags ready because if the suppose date elapse, you need to find a concrete lie to tell the Immigration office at port of entry. Gudluck

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by beejay1157: 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2022
Hello house, help me look at this, my COS has been ready since April, I lost my old passport in May ending. I got my new passport today. My concern is, i hope there won’t be an issue of slight difference of Data page on my Cos, tb test certificate and my new passport( date of issue, expiry date)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
ace101:
Hello all, please how do I track an application on TLS? Thanks.
1. Log on to your application at visas-immigration UK site using your password
2.Click on "Provide documents and biometrics"
3. Click on "Continue" (You must wait until the next page opens)
4. Click on "Track"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rogundipe2000: 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2022
oak202:
May 17 biometric
Application transfered to VAC when it was track yesterday.
Same status with June 8 biometric for my frieñds

My Bio was June 8th as well. Fingers crossed Now and good luck to you both.. �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2022
sammiy:
Did biometric on 18th May in Ikeja, Got refusal on 7th July, so confirming that post on if you did biometric earlier with no response yet then most likely you have good news coming.

Professionals please what is your counsel on this refusal, provided dorm account statement with about $5k and stated in cover letter that the dorm account is my savings. Access statement & payslips showed other allowance i get aside salary but it appears the ECO didnt take time to assess application

Sorry for the refusal. The ECO is justified as you did not enough disposal income for the trip. If you did not tick additional income options in the application form, the ECO is right not to consider the $5K in your dorm account. However, this can be rectified if you reapply and provide documents to back up funds in your dorm account as legitimate. Most importantly let the ECO knows you have additional income sources in a cover letter. Itemise each $ deposit and explain the sources. In my last application I also submitted my dorm account statement and back it up with documents on how the funds were earn.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bombieicon01: 6:00pm On Jul 13, 2022
[Mine was june 6th quote author=Rogundipe2000 post=114701311]

My Bio was June 8th as well. Fingers crossed Now and good luck to you both.. �[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sammiy: 6:28pm On Jul 13, 2022
giselle237:

I am not a professional.. simply my opinion
did you provide proof of how the money in the dorm account came about and how the funds are accessible to you?
Eco quoted a savings / ?account with 6k pounds… is this same account been referred to?

Yes, the bank statement was in my name and clearly accessible to me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sammiy: 6:31pm On Jul 13, 2022
ekpotek:

Sorry for the refusal. The ECO is justified as you did not enough disposal income for the trip. If you did not tick additional income options in the application form, the ECO is right not to consider the $5K in your dorm account. However, this can be rectified if you reapply and provide documents to back up funds in your dorm account as legitimate. Most importantly let the ECO knows you have additional income sources in a cover letter. Itemise each $ deposit and explain the sources. In my last application I also submitted my dorm account statement and back it up with documents on how the funds were earn.

Alright, thanks.

But the dorm account balance is savings from my salary, should i have declared it as additional income?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sammiy: 6:35pm On Jul 13, 2022
Yes, i explained that i do my savings in dollars and that the dorm account was my savings.
someone suggested i should have ticked additional income but the savings is also from my salary.

dirolad:

How were you able to save it overtime? Did you explain it?

Did you State you are also Self-employed or receive additional income from anything or why did you feel that dorm statement was wrongly Ommitted or why should they take it into consideration with your paid employment? Company Customer money? Because there's a hint of no believe. You only said you are employed and that's why only your salary was traced and only your salary account was being considered. You probably Ommitted something on your application that requires them reviewing the dorm account. If it's truely your personal account and you got it rightly, you can do better.

God bless you Giselle237 for your inputs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sammiy: 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2022
askari01:

First ... Your budget was too high... (U must have used black market rate for ur calculations). Ur budget should be between £1300-1500 for a 9days trip even if ur a billionaire. Did you explain how you were able to save $5k? Do u get paid in dollars or are you into forex trade ? Since when have you had the £.5k in ur savings? Moreso ur naira account balance must have been so low in the past months so they realized you couldnt afford to finance the proposed trip. Let me ask you this, Have you ever had more than 1.5m or atleast 1milla in ur account in the past 6 months?... Cos the ECO is more concerned with your naira account

Yes, i have had such amount in my account in the last 6months, i dont do forex trade but i do my savings in fx. my total budget was less than 1mio naira, is that budget too high?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rogundipe2000: 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2022
Bombieicon01:
[Mine was june 6th quote author=Rogundipe2000 post=114701311]

Any news on your side ?….
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2022
sammiy:
Yes, i explained that i do my savings in dollars and that the dorm account was my savings.
someone suggested i should have ticked additional income but the savings is also from my salary.

if it's still from your salary only, that's not additional income. And If you are addressing the previous refusal, it's the ECO Ommission, because you are still reapplying under same capacity of income and circumstances. You must have been paying in your name? There's still explanations to that. If you are converting your left over disposable income into foreign currency. You can still explain better. How you achieve it needs explanations.

Let me let you know something on checkmate, Incase you aren't telling it all. If the Inflow in a month on your dorm account is above your salary disposable income conversion. You are still not telling the whole truth on the dorm account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2022
@sammiy seek Reconsideration now since there's Ommission. Your expense vs your disposable income might still be questioned in the next application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 7:48pm On Jul 13, 2022
sammiy:

Yes, i have had such amount in my account in the last 6months, i dont do forex trade but i do my savings in fx. my total budget was less than 1mio naira, is that budget too high?

You should have left the millions in ur account when you knew you would be applying for a visa. best thing is for you to take ur time. Wait for like 6 month to perfect ur naira account and reduce ur cost of trip. Pls sweep ur dollar account u der the carpet if need be . pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oak202: 8:52pm On Jul 13, 2022
Rogundipe2000:

Collection mail has dropped this evening for the 3 of us. Good news IJN

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Confidantfunds(f): 8:55pm On Jul 13, 2022
oak202:

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by eddykisses1(m): 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2022
Please, which bank is the best for Form A currently.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cycloe: 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2022
oak202:

Congrats .
Was it visitor visa ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oak202: 9:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
Cycloe:

Congrats .
Was it visitor visa ?
yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Babysoldier(m): 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2022
beejay1157:
Hello house, help me look at this, my COS has been ready since April, I lost my old passport in May ending. I got my new passport today. My concern is, i hope there won’t be an issue of slight difference of Data page on my Cos, tb test certificate and my new passport( date of issue, expiry date)?
please guide me on how to get a COS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cycloe: 10:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
oak202:

yes
Still waiting June 3rd. The wait is endless .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Haiziik: 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2022
It's your employer from UK, an A rated sponsors that will give you a COS Certificate of Sponsorship. So you must have undergone an interview process and offered a job, this also comes with your employment letter and a letter to the British embassy introducing you and informing them of your new job offer.

Babysoldier:
please guide me on how to get a COS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ace101: 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2022
Thanks a lot.

mosesadio:

1. Log on to your application at visas-immigration UK site using your password
2.Click on "Provide documents and biometrics"
3. Click on "Continue" (You must wait until the next page opens)
4. Click on "Track"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kenny4lag: 11:21pm On Jul 13, 2022
Thanks

roqrules04:

Thanks for the insight
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bombieicon01: 11:47pm On Jul 13, 2022
Me too oo june 6th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olalemii: 11:55pm On Jul 13, 2022
June 18th for biometrics

Anybody?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Zimzi: 1:14am On Jul 14, 2022
Any June 15 biometrics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Zika123: 5:00am On Jul 14, 2022
Good morning everyone please help a sister, I want a valid information on schools in UK that accept degrees from Benin republic. Or anyone know someone who is doing master in UK with Benin republic degree
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rogundipe2000: 6:35am On Jul 14, 2022
oak202:

yes

Are you a first timer and what DMC, mine is Croydon DMC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 14, 2022
I know a friend but it was Student, But you can check your calendar is not up to six weeks

Zimzi:
Any June 15 biometrics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olalemii: 8:11am On Jul 14, 2022
MarryWhiteasap:
I know a friend but it was Student, But you can check your calendar is not up to six weeks

Yh IKR, that seems like the average processing time now

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (612) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.