Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (829566 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kel235: 7:03am On Jul 12, 2022
justwise:

Did you mention your brother in your application when asked if you know anybody in the UK?
Yes I did
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kel235: 7:09am On Jul 12, 2022
justwise:

Then you can get supporting documents from him as your sponsor though you will still submit your bank statement, payslips… basically all the documents you submitted before, those documents will serve as your ties to Nigeria.

Your brother needs to send you his bank statement, evidence of accommodation, data page of his passport and invitation letter
Okay Thanks, So What is the least amount I can spend from my salary to support this trip as I do not want to spend 2 times of my disposable income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kel235: 7:18am On Jul 12, 2022
justwise:

Then you can get supporting documents from him as your sponsor though you will still submit your bank statement, payslips… basically all the documents you submitted before, those documents will serve as your ties to Nigeria.

Your brother needs to send you his bank statement, evidence of accommodation, data page of his passport and invitation letter
Thanks Justwise, Please how much from my pocket can I add to support this trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:24am On Jul 12, 2022
Preshyi:
Thanks for responding. I mean is it a bad option if she applies on her own without being invited. My sister is not financially stable to sponsor her as she just moved to the UK
if you want your mom to sponsor herself… still let your tier 2 sister invite her… meaning send her an invitation that she is coming to visit her and would be providing accommodation and feeding. Then your mom would be responsible for the the cost of trip excluding accommodation and feeding.
Your sister will provide birth certif, her brp, her passport, her tenancy agreement, family photos and a well written invitation letter.
Funds and bank statement will then be provided by your mom to support herself
I am saying this because you are there on tier 4 and your sister is on tier 2… what kind of tourism will she claim she is coming for without seeing/visiting her 2 children? Sounds strange

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 9:48am On Jul 12, 2022
tundeloveday:
It works mahn. I have been to the U.K. twice on visiting. One of them
which experience.. your plan is to deceive gullible people here and I know your tactics.
No be only agent. Any person that contacts you should get ready for ban.
Agent that is telling tht fellow to pass his sister as daughta… does the agent not know you need to prove such relationship via birth certificate… so that gullible man should go and doctor documents? or how

Travel all the way from Nigeria for open day.
someone that the visa was just denied.. next thing he will come up with is he wants to attend open day as the ECO is very foolish. grin
No be only agent and knowledge.
This thread has thrived because of less of comic ppl parading themselves to be what they re not.
Anyway continue.. your comedy is keeping us happy.
.. especially me smiley

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olalemii: 11:35am On Jul 12, 2022
tundeloveday:
It works mahn. I have been to the U.K..

I have been observing you for a while now , and I can say for sure you don’t know what you are talking about 95% of the time. I don’t know what your intentions are but kindly don’t come here with baseless information . If you don’t know, you ask or keep quiet. This is my first comment this year , I had to just comment because your comments are becoming annoying, unfortunately innocent people are being misled.

Over to you @Justwise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blumokinney: 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2022
Abeg please which sim can I use in contacting the UKVI phone number, seems my mtn is doing palapolo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
I sent a maid mail today for May 26th biometrics at TLs Vi.. it’s over 6 weeks now. No reply yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
I sent a paid mail to ukvi.. Pls what does it mean the UKvi says I can confirm your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision? Does it mean I should be positive?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blumokinney: 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2022
AbelPre:
I sent a paid mail to ukvi.. Pls what does it mean the UKvi says I can confirm your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision? Does it mean I should be positive?
Hopefully
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
Ayodelemi1:

Your enquiry is now being reviewed and we aim to respond within 5 working days. That was the message i got after i sent a paid mail to know my application status, please house, am still going to wait for another 5 working days before i gt response from them?

pls did you get the visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
Any update ??
From May 17th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Preshyi: 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2022
Thanks for this well detailed response. I appreciate the help. However, my sister on Tier 2 sent a letter of invitation to one of my sisters and her family last month but is not providing feeding or accommodation for them. Will it raise eyebrows if she invites my mum just in a space of 1 month?
giselle237:
if you want your mom to sponsor herself… still let your tier 2 sister invite her… meaning send her an invitation that she is coming to visit her and would be providing accommodation and feeding. Then your mom would be responsible for the the cost of trip excluding accommodation and feeding.
Your sister will provide birth certif, her brp, her passport, her tenancy agreement, family photos and a well written invitation letter.
Funds and bank statement will then be provided by your mom to support herself
I am saying this because you are there on tier 4 and your sister is on tier 2… what kind of tourism will she claim she is coming for without seeing/visiting her 2 children? Sounds strange
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kod161: 2:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
Larryconcept:
Ur Budget seems to be too low and not realistic again where did u choose for accommodation is it hotel or relatives house
Plz wen did u do your biometric n is ikeja,VI or abj.

Elders I surrender kindly assists
This is a bit funny. You have sufficient funds o.
I feel they do not believe that you’ll be here for a visit and you won’t see your own siblings, they really feel you are not being honest. You could have just said you’ll visit your siblings though you won’t be staying there. It makes more sense.

Also, they believe you are spending more than your financial status. Yes you have the money, but they don’t think anyone who is wise would want to spend such money on just 7 days travel. And to cap it all, you do not have travel history, in certain if you had travel history, they might believe it is what you have always done and allow you in. Just apply again, let them know you’ll be staying at your brothers’, also get a letter from him and it will reduce your expenses and makes the visa application reasonable.
You do not need to say you had issues… they will treat each application as a new one, as if none ever existed but please, declare the refusal while applying again… My opinion……
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:27pm On Jul 12, 2022
kod161:

they will treat each application as a new one, as if none ever existed but please, declare the refusal while applying again… My opinion……
That’s what they like to say.. but in reality they always go back to see your immigration history.. and if any with them, they do take it into account… even some refusal letters, the opening statement will be ‘I note you have been refused visit visas twice prior to this application’.. from there just know they have taken those ones into account

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mufasa123: 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
Good day everyone, please my passport gots 4 names i.e Surname, first name and two middle names but my supporting documents only has 3 of these names I.e surname , first name and one of the middle name. Hope there won’t be any issue going forward or do I have to do an affidavits stating I’m the same person? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2022
Preshyi:
Thanks for this well detailed response. I appreciate the help. However, my sister on Tier 2 sent a letter of invitation to one of my sisters and her family last month but is not providing feeding or accommodation for them. Will it raise eyebrows if she invites my mum just in a space of 1 month?
unfortunately I can not say.. if all are worried.. then delay the application

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by deuoessch: 4:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
Hello. Please who knows what username and password we are to use on the self-upload portal of TLS ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2022
deuoessch:
Hello. Please who knows what username and password we are to use on the self-upload portal of TLS ?
it's an automated session site. You have to go through your UKVI application to access.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tolatolaeva(m): 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
pls I'm thinking of applying for my visa in the 1st week of August, is it possible to get my biometrics done that same week?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by deuoessch: 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2022
dirolad:
it's an automated session site. You have to go through your UKVI application to access.

You are right, I have just gone through it again. Thank you very much for you input.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talantolo: 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2022
please i have a question. If i apply for a visa to attend my brother's in-law graduation on the 15th, if they don't approve my visa before 15th is it still possible i get a positive response after 15th of july?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Larryconcept: 6:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
talantolo:
please i have a question. If i apply for a visa to attend my brother's in-law graduation on the 15th, if they don't approve my visa before 15th is it still possible i get a positive response after 15th of july?
Date u did ur biometric?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 7:04pm On Jul 12, 2022
talantolo:
yes

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 7:31pm On Jul 12, 2022
Blumokinney:
Abeg please which sim can I use in contacting the UKVI phone number, seems my mtn is doing palapolo

+44 (0)203 875 4669

GLO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mufasa123: 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
mufasa123:
Good day everyone, please my passport gots 4 names i.e Surname, first name and two middle names but my supporting documents only has 3 of these names I.e surname , first name and one of the middle name. Hope there won’t be any issue going forward or do I have to do an affidavits stating I’m the same person? Thanks.

Please someone should reply me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2022
mufasa123:
list all of them as your other names on your application. As long as Your passport wasn't fraudulently obtained and you don't have contradicting immigration history, you should be fine. That's if you are saying the truth ooo because they have to be genuine and not third party arrangements due to verification sake
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talantolo: 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2022
25th of May
Larryconcept:

Date u did ur biometric?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mufasa123: 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2022
dirolad:
list all of them as your other names on your application. As long as Your passport wasn't fraudulently obtained and you don't have contradicting immigration history, you should be fine. That's if you are saying the truth ooo because they have to be genuine and not third party arrangements due to verification sake
The passport is genuine, also this is the first time I’m applying for visa for any country. The four names are there because I used my birth certificate when I wanted to get the passport. So they included all the names on my birth certificate. But my documents I only use one of the middle names because they can only input one middle name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ubby26: 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2022
Please has anyone tried booking a biometric date for UK visa? I have not been able to book a date since on the 6th. i have paid IHS and Visa fees but none of the dates are clickable.

Please i'll appreciate your responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blumokinney: 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
ubby26:
Please has anyone tried booking a biometric date for UK visa? I have not been able to book a date since on the 6th. i have paid IHS and Visa fees but none of the dates are clickable.

Please i'll appreciate your responses.
Check other dates line 21st of july

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: EngrBlack(m), stKorea and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.