Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (836014 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by beejay1157: 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2022
Hello house, please advice me. I have started my visa application online, I got to the passport number stage, the problem is the passport no on my COS is missing and I have a new passport now. The question is which passport number should i use on my application. The one on my COS or the new one?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
temodent:
You really can't be serious. September ? That's
rather preposterous please.

Processing update is now 7 weeks up to 12 weeks.. 4 weeks make 1 month. 12 weeks make 3 months...

90% 3 weeks 97% 6 weeks 100% 12 weeks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2022
Newbiein2016:
Good day to you all,

How do I get my refund from TLS?

I have a pending refund from a booking I cancelled in May and I am yet to hear from them.

I also want to cancel the keep my passport service I booked recently because my travel date is in less than 5weeks and I am increasingly uncomfortable with this option. I have also cancelled the trip I needed the passport for so I do not require this and need to know if anyone can advice on the modalities for a refund.

What do I need to do please? Biometrics is scheduled for 27th July.

Re: last refund request for the same service, I completed the form indicating all info but I am yet to get an acknowledgement from them. Is this what they usually do?
It takes 30 days for full refund if no biometrics have been taken.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2022
Pls can I do a sponsor for a cousin of mine just to boost his chances financially as regards to getting visa (he lives outside the country). We bear the same surname.

How do I prove that we are related as a birth certificate won't work(we have different parents)

Apart from my bank statement, what other documents do I need to provide as regards to sponsorship.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by surplusbaba(m): 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2022
incognitoo:
Visa Alert!!!

First application with Keep My Passport option

Online Application: 17th May 2022
Biometrics: 25th May 2022
Application transferred to DMC: 25th May 2022
Application received by DMC: 26th May 2022
Paid Mail (awaiting decision): June 15th 2022
Follow-up Mail (decision made): July 15th 2022
Returned passport (because of KMP): July 15th 2022
Application Transferred to VAC: July 19th 2022
Application Received by VAC and collection email: July 20th 2022
Passport picked up: July 21st 2022

Thanks everyone for your contribution to this forum.
Congratulations
First Time or renewal?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
lionlee216:
Pls can I do a sponsor for a cousin of mine just to boost his chances financially as regards to getting visa (he lives outside the country). We bear the same surname.

How do I prove that we are related as a birth certificate won't work(we have different parents)

Apart from my bank statement, what other documents do I need to provide as regards to sponsorship.

Thanks
He lives outside the country and hes applying from their as a country of residence, there is no connection of whatsoever unless you are telling these forum that you live in UK and your cousin lives in Malawi..? Pls be clear about your query
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lexyp(m): 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2022
Good day house ,pls want to ask a quick question, a decision on my application was overturned and was asked to return my passport which i did going to a week now, my question is does anyone know the time frame i will be asked to come pick it up? Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2022
Lexyp:
Good day house ,pls want to ask a quick question, a decision on my application was overturned and was asked to return my passport which i did going to a week now, my question is does anyone know the time frame i will be asked to come pick it up? Thanks in advance.
State date of biometrics:
Date first decision was made:
Date decision was overturned:
Date you sent passport:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by asknaija: 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
Lexyp:

I am in the same position, visit visa overturned after 4 months. Mine is a month now since i summitted, checking my mail daily. After waiting for 4 months, i have to wait again. But im not in a hurry sha.

I requested the passport be sent via DHL, and paid through TLS.

Dont quote me ooo. I dont know whats wrong with this site. It will ban u.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lexyp(m): 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2022
MarryWhiteasap:

State date of biometrics:
Date first decision was made:
Date decision was overturned:
Date you sent passport:
Its was spouse visa ,
June,9 2021 bio
Decision January 2022 deny with decision to appel
Appel granted may 23,2022
Asked to submit passport 27,06,2022
Passport submitted ,13,07,2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2022
Lexyp:

Its was spouse visa ,
June,9 2021 bio
Decision January 2022 deny with decision to appel
Appel granted may 23,2022
Asked to submit passport 27,06,2022
Passport submitted ,13,07,2022
Hopefully you will get your passport around 3 weeks from the date you submitted your passport. It takes 5 working days to get to embassy plus holidays and another 5 working days plus holidays to return back to TLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2022
MarryWhiteasap:

He lives outside the country and hes applying from their as a country of residence, there is no connection of whatsoever unless you are telling these forum that you live in UK and your cousin lives in Malawi..? Pls be clear about your query

Hes applying from Belgium but his funds are low(I don't want to do cash lodgement), my own bank statement will be my US bank statement.

I want to know if there will be other documents I'll need to submit al9ngside my bank statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Enimase: 5:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
[quote author=giselle237
I am asking on behalf of a friend (i applied for uk visa but i have two refusal in the past 2011 and 2012 but i declare only 2012 refusal,will it be a problem not declaring the 2011 refusal?)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olalemii: 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
Enimase:
[quote author=giselle237
I am asking on behalf of a friend (i applied for uk visa but i have two refusal in the past 2011 and 2012 but i declare only 2012 refusal,will it be a problem not declaring the 2011 refusal?)

Declare all previous refusals or you’ll be banned for 10 years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nchabuomo: 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2022
lionlee216:

Hes applying from Belgium but his funds are low(I don't want to do cash lodgement), my own bank statement will be my US bank statement.

I want to know if there will be other documents I'll need to submit al9ngside my bank statement

Is he coming to visit you? How low are his funds, and what does he do in Belgium? If he has at least 2k quid or thereabout in his account and, for example, is a student in Belgium, I would recommend he applies with his profile. Let him not do a financial breakdown.

You can still sponsor his trip if he is not coming to visit you. Just say it is a gift for something (You have to explain what the something is, it could be academic performance, birthday gift etc). You can state the truth that he is your cousin.

You will need to also do a cover letter. In my case when I sponsored someone as a gift (I did a letter stating where I work, how much I earn, my relationship with the person and how much I would send the person for the trip once their visa is approved.) I also added my bank statement.

Either way your cousin should also attach their bank statement

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2022
Nchabuomo:

Is he coming to visit you? How low are his funds, and what does he do in Belgium? If he has at least 2k quid or thereabout in his account and, for example, is a student in Belgium, I would recommend he applies with his profile. Let him not do a financial breakdown.

You can still sponsor his trip if he is not coming to visit you. Just say it is a gift for something (You have to explain what the something is, it could be academic performance, birthday gift etc). You can state the truth that he is your cousin.

You will need to also do a cover letter. In my case when I sponsored someone as a gift (I did a letter stating where I work, how much I earn, my relationship with the person and how much I would send the person for the trip once their visa is approved.) I also added my bank statement.

Either way your cousin should also attach their bank statement

He has 2k euro in his account, the tri0 will cost him arround 900euros. He's just going for vacation in UK(tourist) and return to his base. He's not coming to visit me. I'm just scared the visa officer won't think it's unreasonable as a student to spend 900 euros out of 2000euros for vacation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 25, 2022
lionlee216:

does he have residence permit statues in Belgium? What kind of job does he do and reason for migrating to the UK, whilst his funds are low you can't sponsor him in anyway even if you send gift cards or transfer, so many circumstances. Less you opt for different means to fund him... if it's through work permit I feel this is not the right section.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Enimase: 6:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
[quote author=olalemii post=115079583][/quote]
He said ,he declare the last recent one which was 2012 but didn’t declare 2011 that he’s not aware all past refusals should be declare.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Drawer: 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2022
Biometrics- 3rd June
Renewal 6months
Paid mail- 15th July(Still awaiting decision)
Passport Resubmission Request- 19th July
I did keep my passport
Collection mail- 22nd July
Passport picked up by me- 25th July

I wish you all the best. Just be patient

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nchabuomo: 6:28pm On Jul 25, 2022
lionlee216:

He has 2k euro in his account, the tri0 will cost him arround 900euros. He's just going for vacation in UK(tourist) and return to his base. He's not coming to visit me. I'm just scared the visa officer won't think it's unreasonable as a student to spend 900 euros out of 2000euros for vacation

Okay, his profile is fine. Let him add proof that he is a student. Let him not add a financial break down as it is not a requirement. The trip can cost way less than €900.
1. He can reduce the duration of stay
2. He can book a hostel

These things will considerable make the trip cheaper.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nchabuomo: 6:29pm On Jul 25, 2022
Enimase:

He said ,he declare the last recent one which was 2012 but didn’t declare 2011 that he’s not aware all past refusals should be declare.

If the person has already applied, why bother the house?

Let them hope for the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2022
Enimase:

Enimase:

I have a friend that’s about to apply but was denied August 2011 and February 2012 but want to declare only 2012 is that an issue,but I told him to declare both but he was arguing with me that the 2011 is past 10years he doesn’t need to declare it, he will declare only 2012. I’m asking cos I’m not sure of this,is he right thanks I will appreciate your answer sir
Why are you disturbing these kind people keeping this thread alive?
You planned this all along as few weeks ago you asked and everyone said you should declare both refusals. You planned to declare one UK refusal as you love fire so please stop disturbing people.
Even after all the counsel you went ahead to do what you want and are back here again with this nauseating question.
Just for visit visa and you can not display just a little integrity… that’s your wahala but pls it is okay.
People are doing this for free and are not to be toyed with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 6:49pm On Jul 25, 2022
Nchabuomo:

Okay, his profile is fine. Let him add proof that he is a student. Let him not add a financial break down as it is not a requirement. The trip can cost way less than €900.
1. He can reduce the duration of stay
2. He can book a hostel

These things will considerable make the trip cheaper.

Thank you for your time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TiffanyDavies(f): 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2022
Hello everyone. Please, can someone point us in the right direction to apply for a UK standard visa to attend an academic conference? Someone has probably answered it in the thread, but we have spent hours reviewing the thread to no avail. The application is for a Canadian PR, and we don't know which of the options to choose in the below photo.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
MarryWhiteasap:

It takes 30 days for full refund if no biometrics have been taken.

It's been 61days now. How do I reach TLS?

Kindly advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Enimase: 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2022
giselle237:

Why are you disturbing these kind people keeping this thread alive?
You planned this all along as few weeks ago you asked and everyone said you should declare both refusals. You planned to declare one UK refusal as you love fire so please stop disturbing people.
Even after all the counsel you went ahead to do what you want and are back here again with this nauseating question.
Just for visit visa and you can not display just a little integrity… that’s your wahala but pls it is okay.
People are doing this for free and are not to be toyed with.

Does this warrant you using insulting word(Nauseating) be calming down and The first you screenshot was asked for different person and this I asked was for another case scenario and they aren’t for me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:43pm On Jul 25, 2022
Enimase:

Does this warrant you using insulting word(Nauseating) be calming down and The first you screenshot was asked for different person and this I asked was for another case scenario and they aren’t for me.

You can hold on to the fake stories.
So two different people so happen to be denied same years (2011 and 2012) and you the kind friend is the one doing all the asking for them… also you already received response for friend A but no you need to ask for friend B?? Same questions. Same friends that want to declare only 2012 and not 2011. Make it make sense.
I brought your old post and today’s post together as you try to act oblivious and as though ppl are foolish.
Do not toy with people because they are helping , if deception is okay for you, feel free but do not act innocent. And today’s report is that they applied- whether na A or B but they did not declare it.. after all the counsel.
Different persons indeed.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 25, 2022
Newbiein2016:

It's been 61days now. How do I reach TLS?

Kindly advise.
Kindly visit the website using Google search TLS ABUJA/VI/IkEJA/. Make sure the link is marked green before you visit..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 7:54pm On Jul 25, 2022
Enimase:

Sorry. Don't be offended. But the outcome of the application might not be far from this.

https://www.nairaland.com/6969367/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/176#114959583

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (619) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.