Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (831697 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 9:38am On Jul 27, 2022
ekpotek:

I don’t think you need a transit visa with a valid UK visa. You will not pass through immigration. I used KLM/Air France to UK in 2019.

He needs transit visa

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Larryconcept: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2022
June 10 any information?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Pekela: 11:06am On Jul 27, 2022
ekpotek:

Same requirement for anyone with a Nigerian passport applying from Nigeria. You must demonstrate to ECO that you will leave the UK after your trip. Read through backward for the documents you need to submit. Your US green card only permit you to also apply from the US.

But one can still apply with it from Nigeria together with a Nigerian passport, right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:23am On Jul 27, 2022
ekpotek:

I don’t think you need a transit visa with a valid UK visa. You will not pass through immigration. I used KLM/Air France to UK in 2019.

So airlines/agencies would tell you, you must have a return ticket but wont tell you, you need a transit visa for an eu memeber state? Stop all these your 2019 and pre brexit reference.. abeg u mr traveler wana tell nonsense for free...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:31am On Jul 27, 2022
JPB2:

Better remove Turkish they have cancelled the E visa (just to spite them) use Qatar, Emirates KLM France and Lufthansa all require transit visa.... its best you just apply for a visa than wastebasket money on transit only transit does not require account statements

You dont need a transit visa travelling through Turkiye so that should remain as an option to the traveler. That has nothing to do with E visa cancelled. Even when it was available Nigeria passport holders did not need one to transit through Turkiye
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by akinyemire(m): 11:40am On Jul 27, 2022
Good day everyone.

Please I need an enlightenment on which name my wife should use for renewal of her international passport . The name on all her supporting documents is her fathers' name.Now that she is married and since we will be filling all applications as couple...which name will be better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JPB2: 11:41am On Jul 27, 2022
leef2022:

You dont need a transit visa travelling through Turkiye so that should remain as an option to the traveler. That has nothing to do with E visa cancelled. Even when it was available Nigeria passport holders did not need one to transit through Turkiye

You don't require transit visa for Turkish Air and I said "just to spite them" normally with an e visa u could enter Turkey once u had a valid Uk, shenghen or US visa but now its just straight airport .... so many people transited via Turkish cus of cheaper travel and ability to enter with an E visa.

And you are still wrong about visitor visa NOT requiring a return ticket even SA will request talkless of UK even wen they have over gisted at border control they still say "can I see your return tickets?

You have to be very lucky to be skipped that question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JPB2: 11:44am On Jul 27, 2022
leef2022:

So airlines/agencies would tell you, you must have a return ticket but wont tell you, you need a transit visa for an eu memeber state? Stop all these your 2019 and pre brexit reference.. abeg u mr traveler wana tell nonsense for free...

He travelled Pre COVID and I think Pre Brexit 2019
It's a current requirement but I think Air france scrapped for People with valid US visas I don't know about Lufthansa or KLM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JPB2: 11:47am On Jul 27, 2022
leef2022:

I think once is the other Heathrow Airport not the BA one the Officer didn't request for my return ticket.... but its one of the requirements for visitors

The last time I travelled just after the Covid lock down was eased with their plenty protocols the lady had talked plenty talk and just asked for my return ticket she didn't even look thru it cus I showed her from my fone ..she just glanced... but its always better to be safe than sorry

Ignorance is not acceptable
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2022
JPB2:

I think once is the other Heathrow Airport not the BA one the Officer didn't request for my return ticket.... but its one of the requirements for visitors

The last time I travelled just after the Covid lock down was eased with their plenty protocols the lady had talked plenty talk and just asked for my return ticket she didn't even look thru it cus I showed her from my fone ..she just glanced... but its always better to be safe than sorry

Ignorance is not acceptable

You are bringing a topic that you have not shown me were on Gov.uk it is a legal requirement and yet claim I'm wrong or ignorant?
Yet you have wrongful implied that because a diplomatic post has changed its form of visa application/or acess to Nigerian passport holders, a traveler should not have them as an option?
What is it that is not safe, WHAT? What is it that the traveler would be sorry for? why always put panic or fear to someone with your "wealth" of travel and knowledge mate...like why?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Delisa1: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2022
https:///+gr5iTN43MuExNTRk

University of Bradford.
Economics and finance for development
September intake.

Join in.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2022
JPB2:

You don't require transit visa for Turkish Air and I said "just to spite them" normally with an e visa u could enter Turkey once u had a valid Uk, shenghen or US visa but now its just straight airport .... so many people transited via Turkish cus of cheaper travel and ability to enter with an E visa.

And you are still wrong about visitor visa NOT requiring a return ticket even SA will request talkless of UK even wen they have over gisted at border control they still say "can I see your return tickets?

I didn't skip the question, as questions are never wrong, but an answer could be wrong, and your answer was wrong mate. E visa or not, Nigerian passport holders don't need a Turkiye transit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2022
JPB2:

He[b][/b] travelled Pre COVID and I think Pre Brexit 2019
It's a current requirement but I think Air france scrapped for People with valid US visas I don't know about Lufthansa or KLM

Speak for yourself, no de HE here and there abeg...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Vitusvivi: 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2022
Pls I need a further clarification on this matter.
My wife is almost through with the whole process of get her Visa and I been her dependent is yet to meet up with all the requirements. My question now is can I still be granted visa even when she might have traveled to join her later. Her scholarship is fully funded for postgraduate study.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mimilyrics: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2022
Yes, you can apply to join her later as long as you meet the requirements.
Vitusvivi:
Pls I need a further clarification on this matter.
My wife is almost through with the whole process of get her Visa and I been her dependent is yet to meet up with all the requirements. My question now is can I still be granted visa even when she might have traveled to join her later. Her scholarship is fully funded for postgraduate study.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2022
JPB2:

And for the records as of today 27.07.22 Nigerian passport holders with a valid, Ireland, the schengen UK, USA, the eu members states, visa or residence permit are eligible for a Turkish E-visa, so don't know where you got your info from. Valid Canadian visa/residency was previously accepted.
You don't even understand or know what you are talking about. I think you are just one of this them say fellows?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JPB2: 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2022
leef2022:

And for the records as of today 27.07.22 Nigerian passport holders with a valid, Ireland, the schengen UK, USA, the eu members states, visa or residence permit are eligible for a Turkish E-visa, so don't know where you got your info from. Valid Canadian visa/residency was previously accepted.
You don't even understand or know what you are talking about. I think you are just one of this them say fellows?

I guess once I see posts from you, I would just press skip ..I doubt if u travel as much as u like reading . And funny u just read to argue not to learn.... I'm open to learn the part about the Turkish E visa and Nigeria part but for now walahi evryother thing u wrote is just j and pass ���
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JPB2: 12:57pm On Jul 27, 2022
leef2022:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 12:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
JPB2:

I guess once I see posts from you, I would just press skip ..I doubt if u travel as much as u like reading . And funny u just read to argue not to learn.... I'm open to learn the part about the Turkish E visa and Nigeria part but for now walahi evryother thing u wrote is just j and pass ���

Now na read things abi? Abeg post anywhere from Turkish website where you got your info from.. if you want to learn about Turkish E visa go an read it up or call the embassy, don't be a lazy traveller. Where I have been or not does not make wrong right or right wrong mate...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 1:10pm On Jul 27, 2022
[quote author=JPB2 post=115131648][/quote]

About Turkey e-Visa Application Form

If you are a Nigerian citizen/passport holder, you must possess the following required documents to apply for Turkey e Visa:

A passport valid for five months, at least after the date of arrival in Turkey.
A valid residence permit/visa from Schengen country, Ireland, the USA, or the UK.
A payment card, either credit or debit card, to pay the visa processing fee.
A valid and active email ID.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jbab: 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
leef2022:

If you are a Nigerian citizen/passport holder, you must possess the following required documents to apply for Turkey e Visa:

A valid residence permit/visa from Schengen country, Ireland, the USA, or the UK.

Always be informed about latest development, don't always assume because you can easily Google stuff on the internet , every other information isn't right. Nigeria is among other africa countries that were omitted from the turkish e-visa application process about a month ago . The chairman of Nigeria -Turkey
business council addressed this some weeks back due to the difficulties the Nigeria business community will encounter and it was in the news media. It might be a temporary measure , the decision may be rescind by the turkish government in a short time, but as at today that is the fact. It was believed to be a precaution motives due to the recent unrest in the country which I am not sure of.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ifax(f): 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2022
leef2022:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Edithbako: 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2022
Please any June 10th biometric response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 2:51pm On Jul 27, 2022
leef2022:

I don't need to respond to your insults. If my post dey pain you go huge a transformer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2022
JPB2:

He travelled Pre COVID and I think Pre Brexit 2019

I am surprised you have his time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TiffanyDavies(f): 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
Ok, thank you.
quote author=giselle237 post=115107443]@tiffanydavies.
You or the applicant is already a Canadian PR holder which is a plus plus.
Avoid too much shalaye and apply as tourist/standard visitor visa since you dnt have so many documents to back up an official visit.
You won’t be getting less than 6 months.
So u can apply for 7 day visit and submit all the necessary documents .
When you are in town, you attend your personal conference for 2 days thts all .[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TiffanyDavies(f): 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
Ok, thank you.
ekpotek:

My last application for 5 years visa took 12 days from submission of biometrics on 10/03/2022 to collection of passport on 25/03/2022 for an academic conference. If the conference is your primary reason. Select business
For Host: provide the name of the contact/organizer, email and telephone number and address. You will also need an invitation letter from the conference organizer. There will an opportunity for elaborate and give more detail on the main reason for your visit and other activities you will do after the conference. If you decide to go the way of a tourist then you do not need provide the above information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by temodent(m): 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2022
Someone once mentioned here that sending a paid mail more or less put more pressure on the UKVI towards an expedited action on your application and that quite agrees with what I thought from reading from others here, though some here believed it's a waste of resources

My application is in it's 9th week and I decided to send a paid mail yesterday, I got a response few minutes ago that my application is yet to be decided with a request for me to forward some listed details for escalation, I wished I had sent the mail after 6 weeks of waiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by maestro03: 4:47pm On Jul 27, 2022
i also believe it's a waste of resources. They're just setup for enquiries and complaints management. If you're making paid enquiries to find out the reasons for the delay, they just take your money then escalate your enquiry. It's not likely going to change how quickly the decision is arrived at. Anxiety can be a b**tch but you just have to be patient and stop wasting your money. I remember last year when i applied for 6months after the expiration of my 5yr visa. My younger brother also applied, about 3 days after me. He got his decision 3 weeks later. How about mine? i sent multiple paid enquiries till i got tired. It came out when it came out (7weeks later). Its not the paid enquiries that expedited it.

temodent:
Someone once mentioned here that sending a paid mail more or less put more pressure on the UKVI towards an expedited action on your application and that quite agrees with what I thought from reading from others here, though some here believed it's a waste of resources

My application is in it's 9th week and I decided to send a paid mail yesterday, I got a response few minutes ago that my application is yet to be decided with a request for me to forward some listed details for escalation, I wished I had sent the mail after 6 weeks of waiting.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mimilyrics: 5:43pm On Jul 27, 2022
Doesn't matter. Name change after getting married isn't compulsory. She can maintain her maiden name; if she wants to change the name on her passport, her marriage certificate is sufficient proof of name change for UKVI.
akinyemire:
Good day everyone.

Please I need an enlightenment on which name my wife should use for renewal of her international passport . The name on all her supporting documents is her fathers' name.Now that she is married and since we will be filling all applications as couple...which name will be better.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 27, 2022
applications are cued up and shelve accordingly there are applications that require more information perhaps that's why your application was delayed. Nevertheless the reason for paid mail is to initiate rapid query about your application once escalated as mentioned in your quote. No one is ruling it off .. 3 weeks 90%, 6 weeks 96%, 12 weeks 100%
temodent:

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.