Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (836772 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Abubanty: 10:32pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hello everyone,

Pls I want to ask is nikkah certificate accepted. Wife is the main applicant for skilled worker. Heard it's accepted but want to be very sure as we don't plan on going for registry.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nanorest: 10:35pm On Aug 08, 2022
What will happen if iom tb test is positive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Khendakillz01: 10:55pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hello , please does anyone have a contact at TLS VI to help get my passport back. It’s been over 2 months. Please I really need your assistance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by desi10mi: 3:32am On Aug 09, 2022
Please how can one go about the accommodation, I am September intake. 
I learnt once the landlords hear that one is in Nigeria, they don't like to continue with the conversation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JPB2: 5:14am On Aug 09, 2022
Nanorest:
What will happen if iom tb test is positive

Ha! U will retake it or do treatment nd retake it once its negative u are good to go
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by temodent(m): 5:26am On Aug 09, 2022
kod161:
Now this is annoying.. did biometrics in VI on the 24th of May. Sent to DMC the second day and till date it is still awaiting decision.
Sent several paid mails. It’s more than 55 working days now and Last mail from them said it’s been escalated to relevant department and need to wait for another 15 business days. This is really pathetic… renewal visa taking three months

I feel your pain, I did 30th May. And it's been like the longest wait ever.

Whatever, might have been the cause of the delay it's only fair that they urgently address it, already like 9 days into their 15days escalation wait again. it has really not been funny waiting all these while.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nanorest: 8:15am On Aug 09, 2022
JPB2:

Ha! U will retake it or do treatment nd retake it once its negative u are good to go

Ok thanks and how long does the treatment take
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Babodun090: 8:34am On Aug 09, 2022
Goodday house.

I did my biometric on May 18, no collection email nothing nothing.

First timer, Vistor visa, Family application.... me, my wife and my 5 years old daughter.

Today makes it exactly 12 weeks of waiting.

Please nairalander I'm tired of waiting what can I do?

Never send a paid email before nor track my application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by temodent(m): 9:25am On Aug 09, 2022
Babodun090:
Goodday house.

First timer, Vistor visa, Family application.... me, my wife and my 5 years old daughter.

There's obviously an unexplained "glitch" in applications submitted in May/ early June. While some after a prolonged wait had received their response others are still waitinv on the line.

I'll advise you send a paid mail, because that's when they'll probably start counting your 21days or 15 business days. So the the earlier you do that the better, however, not a rule but seems to have been the pattern a observed lately.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by donald197: 10:44am On Aug 09, 2022
Thank you for your advice. I replied for her, and made the necessary corrections as advised. She did her biometrics July 5, we picked the passport yesterday. Visa approved.
giselle237:

1. I don’t know why this ECO says she did not have any salary deposits from her employer.. that’s weir as if she made up her employment
2. I think she should wait 6 months to get it right
3. Shopping is not mandatory. She does not need to provide a budget for shopping.
4. Fully sponsor her trip but she needs her account now more than ever as she was denied on claims tht money lodgement and no salary credits
5. If she agrees to wait, you all should provide an alternate source of income or allowance for her so that the money in her statemnt stays there for a while and there are not so many credits disturbing the statement.
6. If salary is 130k, you can leave 120k in it every month
7. She needs to declare on the form say 50k cash gifts from her daughter
8. Documents to attach- a very strong worded cover letter to address her ties, she has been married for years, working since 1988 is no joke, explain her finances, explain she has cars and properties, whether in her name or your dad’s name attach all
Her itinerary for the trip.
- you write a cover letter/invitation letter to the IKVI. Tie the trip to something at this point.
you need to see you mother as it has been too long, how due to work commitments, you can mention working in the health field and how challenging it is and you have not been able to avail time to travel. You need ur mom to come during her annual leave. Explain details of your sponsorship to the eco, her arrival, her departure etc
- Invitation to your mom
-her bank statement
- her payslips.. there is no government parastatal tht does not give payslips, she should ask
- the house she lives in, is it owned or rented.. show house tie
- marriage certificate and pictures with spouse
-various family photos including where u appear
- your birth certificate
- her work id and introduction letter from office - not one line, strong worded letter saying where she is going to etc, all promotion letters from time immemorial
- proofs of all the assets and property she has including pictures
- husband can write a letter, hopefully your dad will be in Nigeria during her trip and should sign tht he the spouse will be in Nigeria for her trip while she goes and comes back
- your brp, your passprt data page, pictures betwwen both of you during sensitive family functions or from when you were little as they claim there is no relationship
- 6 mnths bank sttaement, payslips, work id, mortgagae or tenancy, council tax and utility bills from u
- everything else that can help her case

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by barrchy(f): 10:49am On Aug 09, 2022
passport collected yesterday with visa
biometrics 9th June
transferred the following day
document ready for collection 5th August
collected 8th August
First time visitor 6 months visa
For supporting documents, I added my six months bank statement, my employment contract and print out of my work leave page showing my unused 20-day annual leave.
I didn't get introduction letter from work but I wrote a cover letter.
In my cover letter, I explained that the other bulk deposits were from real estate investments. my employment contract stated that I have a leave allowance so in my cover letter i mentioned that I intend to collect my leave allowance and put it towards the trip and then add some of my own personal funds. I dont have lease and I mentioned that too; that I live rent free in my family house. I explained my true situation in very simple terms because I didnt really have much supporting documents.
I didn't make any reservation (hotel or flight) but i added in my cover letter that I didnt make such reservation cos i didnt want my card to be charged since i'm not sure when they will approve the visa.
I started following this page after I had done biometrics so I didnt know I was suppose to include an Itinerary, and explain deposits in details with proof, I had already concluded that If I got denied I would be better prepared next time.
Took two months and my intended travel date have passed but I'm grateful to have received a positive response.
Please someone should link me up to scheghen visa discussion page if there is one here so I can learn more there before applying.
thanks everyone for your patient guidance, you're the reason I am dropping my own own experience so that someone else can gain from my it as I gained from yours.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Meziea: 11:28am On Aug 09, 2022
barrchy:
biometrics 9th June
collected 8th August
For supporting documents, I added my six months bank statement, my employment contract and print out of my work leave page showing my unused 20-day annual leave.
I didn't get introduction letter from work but I wrote a cover letter.
In my cover letter, I explained that the other bulk deposits were from real estate investments. my employment contract stated that I have a leave allowance so in my cover letter i mentioned that I intend to collect my leave allowance and put it towards the trip and then add some of my own personal funds. I dont have lease and I mentioned that too; that I live rent free in my family house. I explained my true situation in very simple terms because I didnt really have much supporting documents.
I didn't make any reservation (hotel or flight) but i added in my cover letter that I didnt make such reservation cos i didnt want my card to be charged since i'm not sure when they will approve the visa.
I started following this page after I had done biometrics so I didnt know I was suppose to include an Itinerary, and explain deposits in details with proof, I had already concluded that If I got denied I would be better prepared next time.
Took two months and my intended travel date have passed but I'm grateful to have received a positive response.
Please someone should link me up to scheghen visa discussion page if there is one here so I can learn more there before applying.
thanks everyone for your patient guidance, you're the reason I am dropping my own own experience so that someone else can gain from my it as I gained from yours.
Lucky you I did my biometric the sane June 9th but uptill now no news of collection
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nexton199: 11:43am On Aug 09, 2022
Hello house am trying to book appointments with tls VI but when I select prime time and premium lounge it’s seems unbearable cause I can’t click anything please help needed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Babodun090: 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2022
Thank you so much for this.

God bless you and anything that concerns you

temodent:

There's obviously an unexplained "glitch" in applications submitted in May/ early June. While some after a prolonged wait had received their response others are still waitinv on the line.

I'll advise you send a paid mail, because that's when they'll probably start counting your 21days or 15 business days. So the the earlier you do that the better, however, not a rule but seems to have been the pattern a observed lately.

All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by livewithpurpose: 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2022
temodent:

All the best

Well I've told them to cancel my application and return my passport. They are telling me I need to wait. What kind of wahala is this? Is it by force. This is getting ridiculous. How can you hold my passport for almost two months? Like I have nothing else to do with it!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by December30(f): 12:56pm On Aug 09, 2022
Hello everyone. 2 of my dependents were asked to change their time slots( we initially booked 10:15 and 11:15 unknowingly) and I had to buy assisted service for a letter date so that they would allow us go as a family.

My concern is that I had uploaded all their documents through self service and submitted but we didn’t use the assisted service yesterday.

I checked our applications today and I realised that while our upload button is showing and now idle since we have done biometrics. Theirs is not showing at all.

I hope this assisted service has not cancelled the documents I had uploaded and submitted prior. Please help. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by temodent(m): 12:58pm On Aug 09, 2022
livewithpurpose:

Well I've told them to cancel my application and return my passport. They are telling me I need to wait. What kind of wahala is this? Is it by force. This is getting ridiculous. How can you hold my passport for almost two months? Like I have nothing else to do with it!

I wished there's is another channel to report this gross anomaly.

It's really an abuse of our rights. Just try and update here, how it pans out.

A total abuse I must say.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lullu: 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
Good day all, please how do I start driving with my International driver license, the insurance I saw it almost £3000 yearly. Please can anyone point me to the right insurance company to use. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by deuoessch: 1:14pm On Aug 09, 2022
Jaybadestboy:
Visa ⏰ alarm

Skilled worker visa

Job offer -March 2nd 2022

Cos and and offer letter- June 13th 2022

Tb test- 16th July 2022

Visa application- July 19th 2022

Biometrics Tls ikeja July 23rd 2022

Transfered to DMC July 23rd 2022

Transfered to VAC 5th August 2022

Delivery by DHL. 8th August 2022

Chai! I'm going back after 7 years, thank you Jesus.By next week I go dust my slippers run from miserable country! Good luck to everyone and hopefully we'll see in the Uk kiss

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Shadybeauty: 1:54pm On Aug 09, 2022
Congratulations
deuoessch:

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Pekela: 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2022
barrchy:
biometrics 9th June
collected 8th August
I didn't get introduction letter from work but I wrote
a cover letter.

Congratulations bro
https://www.nairaland.com/1106291/securing-visa-france-applying-nigeria

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bennazy: 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2022
who is traveling to glasgow end of august so we can book serviced apartment 2 bedrooms together, it would be cheaper than hotel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by surplusbaba(m): 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2022
Bennazy:
who is traveling to glasgow end of august so we can book serviced apartment 2 bedrooms together, it would be cheaper than hotel.
How much will that cost?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DrStrangelove: 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
Bosslady25:
Hello everyone, I posted my visit visa refusal letter on this page some months back. I also asked advice concerning the student route.
I plan to apply in few weeks time for the dependent visa alongside my husband(MA) (by this, I understand he is going for a Master's in Arts program)

The issues;
1. Do I need to write an introductory letter to address the recent refusal or just let go?

( If certain issues were raised during the last refusal and those issues are still pertinent in this upcoming application, then u will need to address it. Also if it's the same visa class)

2. I mentioned my 3 kids in the last application, now we are applying with just two kids . Should, I still mention my first , though he isn’t traveling with us? Also, is my hubby supposed to mention him as his step-child in his own application?

Honesty is the best policy. Just still list the 3 kids but explain the circumstances and why he is not going with u guys and how he is to be taken care of

3. My ex submitted a settlement/dependent application for my first child, we are waiting for his passport to come out... hope it won’t be a problem to this application?

Wait till the passport comes out to know your next action(s)

4. Lastly, I’m still a stay at home mom... I hope this won’t affect my application negatively.
Please,advise accordingly.Thank you.

(U will be applying with Ur husband who I guess fends for the family, so I guess this shouldn't be a problem as long as Ur husband can support u guys well enough and prove it. It's not an offence to be a stay at home mum.)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DrStrangelove: 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2022
Dear Manydethink,

I think the VO couldn't make out the deposits in your account. The VOs prefer if u present a salary account. This way, things are pretty straightforward. It seems u also use Ur salary account for Ur side business. They would be wondering why?

So it's best u separate the accounts and decide which ones u want to use for Ur visa application. Explain any deposits that are irregular in the intro letter and u should be good providing Ur income is also good for the application.

Also there was mention of Ur use of address. Can't really pinpoint it but u will need to address this too in the letter.

Goodluck

Manydethink:
Please my huby got this refusal mail this week. Please I will really appreciate if the gurus in the house can advice us on subsequent actions to remedy it when applying next time. Find attached the refusal mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kod161: 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2022
Babodun090:
Goodday house.

I am so sorry to read this. I am in same shoe as yours just that mine was on the 24th, I hope it’s sorted soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2022
Pandaaa:
Hello

Help me b4 UKVI drives me crazy.

I was refused visa on the 14th of October.
The reason is that i didn't meet up with the financial requirements, but I did.

So I went for an Administrative review the same day. I heard nothing from this UK home office until 17th of December.

I was notified of my successful administrative review.

But till now they have not reached me on any decision made yet.

I used the paid enquiry to escalated the matter, they sent an email that a decision has been made but they can't disclose it on line( this one was happening last month) that I should wait for 15 working days, that they will reach me.

I am still waiting.oooh,

I don't know my left from my right, too much uncertainties concerning the visa application.

I disturbed thier life with the paid enquiry, they are still saying the same thing, the Home office is busy, wait for 15days your issue has been escalated.
I have waited for 15days 2 times now.

Is there any other thing i can do? Any other channel I cam use and mount pressure in them?

Any update
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2022
Awolat:
Any update? A lot of us are in the same situation.

Awolat any update on your case..?? And did they refund the 80£ you paid as promised
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2022
DFmum:
This is 8weeks after a successful administrative review, still waiting to be contacted. I have called, mailed and nothing yet. Please who has experienced this before ? What can I do next? The waiting is frustrating , what can I do to draw their attention abeg ?

Any update..??
Did they refund your 80?? If yes how long before you got a refund??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bennazy: 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Babodun090: 7:44pm On Aug 09, 2022
I'm hoping to God this week.
kod161:

I am so sorry to read this. I am in same shoe as yours just that mine was on the 24th, I hope it’s sorted soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JPB2: 8:05pm On Aug 09, 2022
advanceDNA:

Any update

Why don't u just reapply.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (619) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.