Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (832196 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (616) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adenikeO: 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2022
Visa Alert!!!
6 months standard visitor visa
TLS Ikeja

Travel history-Tanzania, South Africa, Kenya, Rwanda, Ghana, Togo & Benin Republic.
Biometrics date-May 31st, 2022.
Transfer to DMC-May 31st, 2022.
Received by DMC- June 6th, 2022.
Collection mail-August 3rd, 2022.
Collected-August 5th, 2022.

I applied for the UK visa because when I wanted to visit Egypt earlier this year, I was told by the agents I was applying through that having a UK, US or Schengen visa or visa history will give me a better chance of getting my Egypt visa approved.

Anyway after much deliberation I decided to apply for the UK visa instead & contacted a friend that applied in the past and he put me through the whole process. To be honest the documents seemed like a lot but my friend kept saying its better to give them more information than they require.

These were the documents I submitted below;

Parents details & Home ownership
1. Document of right of occupancy/ residency, COO proof of payment, Utility bill, Building plan.
2. International passport, National Identity of parents, Work ID of parents.
3. Letter from my parents stating that I'll be coming back to Nigeria & will be supported financially in the UK if need be.

Employment
1. Work ID card.
2. Letter of employment & Promotion letter from inception till date.
3. 6 months pay slip.
4. Embassy introduction letter from my organization stating leave date.
5. Employee Equity Benefit Trust Scheme.
6. CV.

Finances
1. 6 months bank statements from Zenith(Salary account), FCMB(Domiciliary account) & Stanbic IBTC(Mutual funds).
2. Detailed explanation of Finance from all banks-linked all finances together.

Others
1. Cover letter- breakdown of trip/itinerary summing up to the amount I am willing to spend, job description, I also stated that I am entitled to leave allowance from my organization & I have shares too.
2. Accommodation from booking.com in London.
3. Printed passport data page & expatiated travel history with picture evidence.
4. NYSC certificate with picture evidence.
5. National Identity slip.

I was going to apply for a paid mail after the 12th week but got my collection email last week.

Thank you to everyone that provided useful information, this thread was very helpful & I am certain that for subsequent visa application I'll come here first.

9 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Darmiegr8: 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2022
flowbjones:
Dear Customer,
Your document is ready for collection. Please bring Original Checklist, ID (Original+Copy).
Check our Website for opening days/times.
TLScontact

I got this mail yesterday from TLS. I got the 4th and 5th tick yesterday too.

Please when was your biometrics
And I hope it’s a student visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by flowbjones(m): 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2022
Darmiegr8:

Please when was your biometrics
And I hope it’s a student visa

Skilled Worker Visa.

July 7,2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Darmiegr8: 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2022
Please I know of someone who decided not to declare an initial Canada student visa denial while applying for Uk student visa. Is this dangerous?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JPB2: 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2022
Pekela:
Hello house

Is it possible for someone with 2 years visit visa to apply for skilled work dependant visa to her spouse?

Skilled worker is another class of visa and sure you can
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Pekela: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2022
JPB2:

Skilled worker is another class of visa and sure you can

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2022
geolan:

For my application, I used the GTB Naira card and I’m sure barter virtual cards work. Only difference is that the exchange rate equivalent for virtual cards are higher

Barter by flutterwave still operate virtual dollar cards?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2022
Thegamingorca:

Barter by flutterwave still operate virtual dollar cards?

Sadly they stopped the virtual card thing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Vitusvivi: 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2022
Pls i need your opinion on this matter
My proof of fund started on the 25th july, and now i have picked 23rd August for my Biometrics, and intend to print and submit my statement of account on the 22nd August night before attending the appointment for my biometrics. From 25th july to 22nd August, is my statement of account due for submission, Advice pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JennyBay: 6:00pm On Aug 06, 2022
Vitusvivi:
My proof of fund started on the 25th july, and now i have picked 23rd August for my Biometrics, and intend to print and submit my statement of account on the 22nd August night before attending the appointment for my biometrics. From 25th july to 22nd August, is my statement of account due for submission, Advice pls.

That's exactly 28days which is still the minimum requirement days. The risk is that the ECO would probably have second thought on you POF. These ECOs have discovered the borrowing POF for one months at some fees, try to postpone your Biometric date by at least a week. Do not risk both of your chance and visa fees. Exactly 28 days tends to cause some miss calculation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Vitusvivi: 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2022
JennyBay:

That's exactly 28days which is still the minimum requirement days. The risk is that the ECO would probably have second thought on you POF. These ECOs have discovered the borrowing POF for one months at some fees, try to postpone your Biometric date by at least a week. Do not risk both of your chance and visa fees. Exactly 28 days tends to cause some miss calculation.
thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 6:39pm On Aug 06, 2022
Vitusvivi:

It's risky to do this for proof of funds. How will the ECO weigh your monthly income and disposable income from just a month?
If you are an intending first time traveller, I'm afraid your application will need the touch of the grace of God in it's journey.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Fazfunms: 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2022
It’s a student visa not visiting.

Thegamingorca:

It's risky to do this for proof of funds. How will the ECO weigh your monthly income and disposable income from just a month?
If you are an intending first time traveller, I'm afraid your application will need the touch of the grace of God in it's journey.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2022
Fazfunms:
It’s a student visa not visiting.

Oh okay, I have no idea about student visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ashekmoney: 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2022
Hello house please I need urgent help on my child application was refuse on dependent visa and mine was approved on student visa and we apply together. Please I don't know what next to do now.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:23pm On Aug 06, 2022
Vitusvivi:
Hold up. Your funds should have been held for 28 days before filling the application and submitting online. that’s the rule. . After 28 days then you can now fill your application and submit online and book biometrics. .. Hopefully you meet an ECO that closes his eyes to what you have done.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:23pm On Aug 06, 2022
ashekmoney:
Hello house please I need urgent help on my child application was refuse on dependent visa and mine was approved on student visa and we apply together. Please I don't know what next to do now.
Did the father apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by flowbjones(m): 8:24pm On Aug 06, 2022
ashekmoney:

So sorry about this.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE REFUSAL was sent to you via email?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:05pm On Aug 06, 2022
ashekmoney:

They are saying the situation would have been different if your husband was not around to take care of him

smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ashekmoney: 11:13pm On Aug 06, 2022
giselle237:

Did the father apply?

No. Only me and my kid
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ashekmoney: 11:15pm On Aug 06, 2022
flowbjones:

So sorry about this.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE REFUSAL was sent to you via email?

I receive the refuser letter by email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ashekmoney: 11:16pm On Aug 06, 2022
Thegamingorca:

They are saying the situation would have been different if your husband was not around to take care of him

smiley

What should I do now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ifax(f): 11:41pm On Aug 06, 2022
Maybe get a consent letter from the dad?

ashekmoney:

What should I do now

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2022
ashekmoney:

No. Only me and my kid
where is the father?
If dad is not applying you should provide death certificate stating whether you are the sole surviving parent of the child or if you are the parent with sole responsibility you should show court documents or compelling reasons why the father will not be applying at this time and why the child will be solely cared for by you in the UK.
Without any legal documents, it wont work.
You should also provide evidence to show arrangements of how the child will be cared for and supported 24/7 while in the UK with you alone.
Anything short of the above, your child can not get an approved visa.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ashekmoney: 12:24am On Aug 07, 2022
giselle237:
where is the father?
If dad is not applying you should provide death certificate stating whether you are the sole surviving parent of the child or if you are the parent with sole responsibility you should show court documents or compelling reasons why the father will not be applying at this time and why the child will be solely cared for by you in the UK.
You should also provide evidence to show arrangements of how the child will be cared for and supported 24/7 while in the UK with you alone.

Thanks so much for your response I really appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by isialo(f): 2:44am On Aug 07, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:46am On Aug 07, 2022
isialo:
Ur child was refused because you are not going with the other parent and no sole custody court order or death certificate of the other spouse( if that's the case) was attached with your application.

She has an idea on what to do now I suppose grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by temodent(m): 4:54am On Aug 07, 2022
ashekmoney:

Sorry about that, unfortunately you haven't been following threads in this space otherwise, you would have done differently before applying, considering your circumstances before applying from reading threads here it was an expected outcome. Good enough you've been properly advised on what can be done to remedy the situation.

I wish you the very best as to your next step, you may wish to read the thread on Students Visa, where this kind of situation had been addressed so you will be properly guided. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by abuhusna1: 5:18am On Aug 07, 2022
Vitusvivi:
thanks so much
Post this in students visa section and you will be told the mistake you have made. You may be lucky to get away with it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JPB2: 5:48am On Aug 07, 2022
giselle237:
where is the father?

This is a question please... supposing the Qoman is a single mother and never married what happens and the father is irresponsible enough not to sign a consent letter what would the parents do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JoyZion: 6:18am On Aug 07, 2022
@Adenikeo Please I sent you a PM
adenikeO:
Visa Alert!!!
6 months standard visitor visa
TLS Ikeja

Travel history-Tanzania, South Africa, Kenya, Rwanda, Ghana, Togo & Benin Republic.
Biometrics date-May 31st, 2022.
Transfer to DMC-May 31st, 2022.
Received by DMC- June 6th, 2022.
Collection mail-August 3rd, 2022.
Collected-August 5th, 2022.

I applied for the UK visa because when I wanted to visit Egypt earlier this year, I was told by the agents I was applying through that having a UK, US or Schengen visa or visa history will give me a better chance of getting my Egypt visa approved.

Anyway after much deliberation I decided to apply for the UK visa instead & contacted a friend that applied in the past and he put me through the whole process. To be honest the documents seemed like a lot but my friend kept saying its better to give them more information than they require.

These were the documents I submitted below;

Parents details & Home ownership
1. Document of right of occupancy/ residency, COO proof of payment, Utility bill, Building plan.
2. International passport, National Identity of parents, Work ID of parents.
3. Letter from my parents stating that I'll be coming back to Nigeria & will be supported financially in the UK if need be.

Employment
1. Work ID card.
2. Letter of employment & Promotion letter from inception till date.
3. 6 months pay slip.
4. Embassy introduction letter from my organization stating leave date.
5. Employee Equity Benefit Trust Scheme.
6. CV.

Finances
1. 6 months bank statements from Zenith(Salary account), FCMB(Domiciliary account) & Stanbic IBTC(Mutual funds).
2. Detailed explanation of Finance from all banks-linked all finances together.

Others
1. Cover letter- breakdown of trip/itinerary summing up to the amount I am willing to spend, job description, I also stated that I am entitled to leave allowance from my organization & I have shares too.
2. Accommodation from booking.com in London.
3. Printed passport data page & expatiated travel history with picture evidence.
4. NYSC certificate with picture evidence.
5. National Identity slip.

I was going to apply for a paid mail after the 12th week but got my collection email last week.

Thank you to everyone that provided useful information, this thread was very helpful & I am certain that for subsequent visa application I'll come here first.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Genlit33: 6:21am On Aug 07, 2022
I believe it's error from their system. Or have u been able to get date?

Josy18ng:
Hello everyone, happy weekend. Pls house am really finding it difficult to book UK biometric appointment on TLS. There is no date available. As anyone experience such ? I need una response plsssssassssss. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (616) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: donteebalo(m), America001 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.