Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (851919 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Hannover(m): 10:18am On Mar 03, 2022
rebless:

Yes Although it’s declining the payment of visitors visa fee which is not up to $200

Are you using the GTB Naira MasterCard?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 11:36am On Mar 03, 2022
rebless:

Yes Although it’s declining the payment of visitors visa fee which is not up to $200
maybe you have spent in foreign currency before in addition with the Visa fee which will exceed the stated $200 monthly limit. I was able to pay with my Naira Mastercard, after GTB confirmed the $200 limit through my mail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mikeshine(m): 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2022
Please house, my wife has a master in public health, worked with WHO.. Please, is there any chance for her to get a job in UK or what's the best way for her to relocate to UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
dirolad:
maybe you have spent in foreign currency before in addition with the Visa fee which will exceed the stated $200 monthly limit. I was able to pay with my Naira Mastercard, after GTB confirmed the $200 limit through my mail.

GTB latest international monthly spend limit is $100
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 10:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
Hannover:

Guys please stop using agents! Go to Flightscanner.com

Pls how reliable is flightscanner.com?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 12:38am On Mar 04, 2022
nwaogukings03:

GTB latest international monthly spend limit is $100

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 3:19am On Mar 04, 2022
giselle237:
no cheap tickets. You just have to keep monitoring prices but as soon as they get close to the travel date, they go up and dnt come down.
She cant use air france, klm, lufthansa, swift air without transit visa or Usa, canada or japan visa
Check qatar airways, turkish airways, egypt air, ethiopian air, virgin atlantic, british airways, emirates or monitor through skyscanner. You can keep switching country in the settings to Nigeria and UK and vice versa to be able to see available deals . Also can switch prices between usd, ngn, gbp etc.
as for qatar airways u can pay in naira, whatever u see on their site call them and they will give you the rate in nigerian naira for the day and then u can pay into their bank account and get ticket.
She can also land in Heathrow or Gatwick airports and use national express buses straight from the Terminals in these airports to Birmingham.
Any flight u are buyin tht looks cheap make sure the liggage allowance is 23 x 2 kg check in luggage at least bcus some prices are low cus its only a hand luggage flight.
U can also check wakanow and travelbeta. The downside of these two, any small changes u want to do, they turn it into profit making venture. The airlines offer free date changes on most flights but no with these travel agencies.. a friend tried to change a ticket with wakanow last week they said their cut is 104k this is minus paying flight difference. goodluck

I saw good price at Wakanow. Is it advisable to buy it online or I should get it at Wakanow office.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dommakavelli: 5:50am On Mar 04, 2022
Morning everyone,
I'm in the process of submitting a visitor visa application for my mom, brother (21 yrs), and niece (5 yrs). Background - Mom is self-employed but did not register her business. I usually use local government levy receipts as proof of business for Canada applications. My mom has visited me in Canada twice. Mom and brother recently got approved for 5 years visa to Canada but they have never traveled together. My brother has been to Dubai, Kenya, and Ghana. My niece does not have a Canada visa but she has traveled to Dubai with her parents. I will be their sponsor. My brother is currently serving NYSC, so unemployed.

Documents I plan to submit
Affidavit of sponsorship from me and My statement of account. (Naija/Canada and job letter)
Mom's statement of account. (I plan to transfer 3m to the account from my account)
My brother's statement of account (he has some activity from buying and selling things but no official job).
Letter from my niece's parents stating they approve the trip.
Birth certificates for proof of relationship
My questions are am I missing anything?
And how do I submit a family application? Do I submit a separate application for each of them or does my mom's application cover everyone? I already included in my mom's application that she will be accompanied by my brother and niece.
Thanks for your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Towotowo: 7:45am On Mar 04, 2022
Good morning guys, my sis visa application has been received by VAC since yesterday but no email yet for collection. is it advisable to go there and show them evidence its there already or wait till she gets the mail. its Friday already and Monday will be like 2 years in her eye. She did standard visa for dependant at ikeja. Biometrics last week monday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:07am On Mar 04, 2022
Ashirioluwa:
I saw good price at Wakanow. Is it advisable to buy it online or I should get it at Wakanow office.
u can buy online. As long as u have a working email, you’ll get the tickets. Also chat them on whatsapp when u pay to hurry up ticket confirmation/purchasePls b certain of d dates and route.. anything that resembles changes, get ready to regret.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:17am On Mar 04, 2022
dommakavelli:
Morning everyone,
I'm in the process of submitting a visitor visa application for my mom, brother (21 yrs), and niece (5 yrs). Background - Mom is self-employed but did not register her business. I usually use local government levy receipts as proof of business for Canada applications. My mom has visited me in Canada twice. Mom and brother recently got approved for 5 years visa to Canada but they have never traveled together. My brother has been to Dubai, Kenya, and Ghana. My niece does not have a Canada visa but she has traveled to Dubai with her parents. I will be their sponsor. My brother is currently serving NYSC, so unemployed.

Documents I plan to submit
Affidavit of sponsorship from me and My statement of account. (Naija/Canada and job letter)
Mom's statement of account. (I plan to transfer 3m to the account from my account)
My brother's statement of account (he has some activity from buying and selling things but no official job).
Letter from my niece's parents stating they approve the trip.
Birth certificates for proof of relationship
My questions are am I missing anything?
And how do I submit a family application? Do I submit a separate application for each of them or does my mom's application cover everyone? I already included in my mom's application that she will be accompanied by my brother and niece.
Thanks for your help.
they all get to fill different visa forms and pay fees each. When asked mention who is travelling on each person’s form. Your mum has d strongest application.
It would have been better if ur brother has made his Canadian trip, returned to Nigeria thereby showing proof of reliability/home ties. Plus he is unemployed for now. Very shaky app . Can swing anywhere. Your niece’s application is lacking. U have not really explained anything, why should the visa be approved? U need more documentation.
Plus it is not enough to say they re travelling
All must address reason for uk trip
What they would be doing each and everyday of the trip
What is the reason niece must travel now? No school? Why one parent not going? Verifiable reason why? the list is endless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Busayomi30: 11:23am On Mar 04, 2022
Hi, I’m in the process of applying for a spouse visa for my partner. While submitting document for UK NARIC/Ecctis, can he submit a student copy transcript (student copy not official copy boldly written on it) or it has to be an official transcript as Unilag is taking forever to upload the official transcript
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by deuoessch: 12:12pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hello everyone. When filling in the amount of money to be spent, does it include flight tickets to and fro?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kizonero(m): 12:48pm On Mar 04, 2022
deuoessch:
Hello everyone. When filling in the amount of money to be spent, does it include flight tickets to and fro?

From what I have read so far, and i stand to be corrected too. if it's visit visa, the amount to be spent for the trip, includes the flight to and fro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by deuoessch: 12:54pm On Mar 04, 2022
kizonero:

From what I have read so far, and i stand to be corrected too. if it's visit visa, the amount to be spent for the trip, includes the flight to and fro.

Thank you very much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by princetx(m): 1:31pm On Mar 04, 2022
Good afternoon all.
I have finished filling UK visit visa form online. On the payment platform, I entered everything correctly, but I'm getting this error message.
Is there any other way to make the payment for visa fee?
What else should I do?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 1:49pm On Mar 04, 2022
princetx:
Good afternoon all.
I have finished filling UK visit visa form online. On the payment platform, I entered everything correctly, but I'm getting this error message.
Is there any other way to make the payment for visa fee?
What else should I do?
check ur bank card limit for foreign transactions. Call ur bank and ask. If ur limit is 100usd per month, a paymnt of 132usd will not go.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adexxxx: 2:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
I am flying to the UK soon via Royal Air Maroc. I checked for covid19 requirements and I found this:

For passengers, over 18 years old:
- The vaccination pass,
- The negative result of a PCR test less than 48H (interval between sampling and check-in),
- The passenger health form printed, duly filled and signed; the form can be downloaded online at: https://www.onda.ma/form.php"

I am fully vaccinated, do I still need to do a PCR test?
If you have flown RAM recently or know anyone that has, kindly respond.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dommakavelli: 2:57pm On Mar 04, 2022
giselle237:
they all get to fill different visa forms and pay fees each. When asked mention who is travelling on each person’s form. Your mum has d strongest application.
It would have been better if ur brother has made his Canadian trip, returned to Nigeria thereby showing proof of reliability/home ties. Plus he is unemployed for now. Very shaky app . Can swing anywhere. Your niece’s application is lacking. U have not really explained anything, why should the visa be approved? U need more documentation.
Plus it is not enough to say they re travelling
All must address reason for uk trip
What they would be doing each and everyday of the trip
What is the reason niece must travel now? No school? Why one parent not going? Verifiable reason why? the list is endless

Thanks for your response. I will add a letter explaining the purpose of the trip, school is on holiday, niece always spends summer holidays with grandma, parents are working and all that.
My other question is after paying for each of them, would they submit their documents together to VAC or it will be submitted individually?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mattycoke: 4:35pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hello guys, pls I need a clarification i opted for Appointment self service but to my surprise it shows Grand total of zero Naira when i received confirmation.

Do i have to pay at the TLS Ikeja or i won't be paying?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by deuoessch: 4:37pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hello, everyone. If you're well grounded in these processes, please send me an email. I would like to ask some questions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adexxxx: 5:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
You won't be paying anything.

Mattycoke:
Hello guys, pls I need a clarification i opted for Appointment self service but to my surprise it shows Grand total of zero Naira when i received confirmation.

Do i have to pay at the TLS Ikeja or i won't be paying?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mattycoke: 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2022
adexxxx:
You won't be paying anything.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AbimbolaMa: 3:04am On Mar 05, 2022
Please someone should help me here.... I filled UK standard visitor visa for my husband online
and we are asked to provide Invite... Please how can we get invite
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by deuoessch: 8:50am On Mar 05, 2022
Hello. My relative and I are filling application forms for visit visa. Should we put the same date of travel or use different dates?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:04am On Mar 05, 2022
AbimbolaMa:
Please someone should help me here.... I filled UK standard visitor visa for my husband online
and we are asked to provide Invite... Please how can we get invite

Who asked you to provide an IV?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:05am On Mar 05, 2022
deuoessch:
Hello. My relative and I are filling application forms for visit visa. Should we put the same date of travel or use different dates?

The same if you are travelling the same day
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by deuoessch: 9:15am On Mar 05, 2022
justwise:

The same if you are travelling the same day

And it won't affect the process, would it? I mean, if we are going together, then would the HC combine the amount of money we filled in, or they would pass it off as two people sharing the same amount of money?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.