Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,179 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (833055 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (617) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 6:33pm On Oct 03, 2022
Ceocards:

How would he put money in the dollar card

What you mean? Buy from any of these;
Blackmarket, airport xe., aboki, the banks would gladly collect and pay into the card for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ICFinvestor1: 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2022
please i need urgent help, i got a uk visiting visa last month, to leave this october, i was robbed last week and my passport was stolen.please what do I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 9:16pm On Oct 03, 2022
ICFinvestor1:
please i need urgent help, i got a uk visiting visa last month, to leave this october, i was robbed last week and my passport was stolen.please what do I do?

Get a police report of stolen items, get a new passport and visit the bhc with all evidence. You should have the visa transfered to the new passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2022
Very unfortunate. Please do as advised below
ICFinvestor1:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 10:35pm On Oct 03, 2022
waleshadow:

Hi, I pray it is a positive result. Could you confirm if you were sending reminders via paid mail? or through the original administrative review email?

Thanks.

Gud evnin n thanks wale,
D reminder mail I sent was through d original AR email address on d site so is free,
However I got a mail yesterday dat my Visa appreciate is successful,

* Biometric on 09 may 2022
* Application refused on 22 June 2022
* Applied Administrative review on 15 July 2022
* Sent reminder mail on 07 Sept 2022
* Successful Administrative review on 20 Sept 2022
* Successful visa application on 02 Oct 2022

Thank u guys for ur comments n advise.. all to dos wo is still expecting dias ur application wil b successful by God's grace...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:42pm On Oct 03, 2022
Jocabasa:

Gud evnin n thanks wale,
D reminder mail I sent was through d original AR email address on d site so is free,

Thank u guys for ur comments n advise.. all to dos wo is still expecting dias ur application wil b successful by God's grace...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2022
Jocabasa:

Gud evnin n thanks wale,

Congrats man...ur administrative review timeline broke record....

When did they refund your 80£

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 10:49pm On Oct 03, 2022
waleshadow:

Hi, I pray it is a positive result. Could you confirm if you were sending reminders via paid mail? or through the original administrative review email?

Thanks.

Wale how far....hope u won ur AR second time??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 11:34pm On Oct 03, 2022
advanceDNA:

Congrats man...ur administrative review timeline broke record....

When did they refund your 80£

Thanks.... yes oo Jesus d protocol breaker broke d protocols n delays
I never expect it dis quick bt I told Jesus d protocol n delay breaker to make it quick n sharp sharp...
I dnt know if dey av send back d 80£ i wil call my immgrt lawyer she made d payment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 11:46pm On Oct 03, 2022
Jocabasa:

Thanks.... yes oo Jesus d protocol breaker broke d protocols n delays
I never expect it dis quick bt I told Jesus d protocol n delay breaker to make it quick n sharp sharp...
I dnt know if dey av send back d 80£ i wil call my immgrt lawyer she made d payment

Oh...nice..u involved lawyers....u took an RPG to a gun fight.... na wetin fit UKVI be that... no wonder they let u go quick

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pancaro(m): 2:41am On Oct 04, 2022
Femcitabine:
Good evening
I got my dependent Visa together with my daughter but there was no letter with the Visas for BRP pick up. How do we go about this.
Anyone with info on what to do should help us out. Though, while filling the forms, I wrote we would love to collect the brps at the post office.

Hi sir. Please how long did your process take?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:14am On Oct 04, 2022
Castalia:
Hello House, Thanks for all you do

Please I want to apply for a Visitor Visa with my family.

1. Is it possible to include/link their application to mine so that we go for Biometrics together? if so, how is it done?

thanks

Pick the same date and time for your biometric. That's how my family has always done it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:15am On Oct 04, 2022
Manlikethomas:
Hello good day house,please I will like to acknowledge the advise I received here before applying for my mom's visit visa to uk in 2019 and was granted. I'm here again to seek advise, I will like to apply for 2years or 5years uk visit visa for my mom and I will like to know how much balance should be ok as proof of funds.

Whoever is sponsoring the trip should have like 1,200 - 1,500 Pounds and extra funds of the same amount
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:17am On Oct 04, 2022
hunee:
Very insightful. Thanks alot , you are appreciated. Yes, she is self employed. Any additions, i have passed this across. Can you advise for bank account balance- the minimum. Thanks Thanks alot

Self employed applicants face more scrutiny.

I suggest she has the Naira equivalent of about 1,500 Pounds (if accomodation is free) and extra of the same amount
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by YankeeJJC(m): 8:05am On Oct 04, 2022
Please when a refusal gets overturned. Does it get registered in court? Does it pass through Court process before visa stamping?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by haaryobhami: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2022
Good morning house ,tomorrow is my biometrics
I uploaded d following documents
CAS document
10m POF
CV
Recommendation letter (though I actually haven’t worked since finishing my nysc in 2019 but I got a recommendation letter from my uncle company as an hr)
Waec
Tuberculosis result
Passport
Nysc certificate
I paid £6300 tution deposit

Note :
I didn’t upload my transcript because it’s kind off blurry and I wasn’t asked to upload it in my cas .

Also the bank account I used for my all my transaction,and I did over 1.3m debit transaction last week to pay for my ihs and visa fee,though d 10m wasn’t touched .
I want to ask the gurus in d house if am set and good to go or do I need to make any adjustment before tomorrow?

Thanks for all the assistant so far
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by rab4sure: 8:18am On Oct 04, 2022
Please, to those already in the UK. I'll like to know if it's better to get a new phone here in Nigeria or I should wait till I get to the UK because I need to change phone. Your candid response will be greatly appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by belovedtianah: 8:19am On Oct 04, 2022
Hello All,

Please I need advice on how to challenge UKVI for my mum’s visa. She has applied since 9th of June and she’s yet to get a decision. My dad applied a week after her, but got his visa early September.

This delay is really concerning . Both were meant to come for my graduation in July. At this point , I just want them to make a decision and release her passport as I’m due to give birth soon and I want her to come for a while . Even if it means applying for another visitor’s visa.

I sent a mail on her behalf and was meant to be contacted within 20 working days , still nothing .

Please what else can we do ? Any advise will be appreciated.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:28am On Oct 04, 2022
Correct. You are too much @cashmadam. Lastly, i want to ask before i release you grin will 5month or 3month statement of account be ok or the miniumum is 6months. Please advise
Cashmadam:

Self employed applicants face more scrutiny.

I suggest she has the Naira equivalent of about 1,500 Pounds (if accomodation is free) and extra of the same amount
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by keneryhark(m): 8:41am On Oct 04, 2022
Pls anyone with an accomodation or link to any accommodation in Southampton should pls reach out to me. A self contain or a room and palour apartment will be suitable as we are couples without children yet.
Budget is between 500 pounds to 800 pounds monthly rent.
We are currently in the UK, London precisely and need to move to Southampton where my wife's job is located.
Kindly reach me on 07867286466. Available on WhatsApp. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:15am On Oct 04, 2022
belovedtianah:

Please I need advice on how to challenge UKVI for my mum’s visa. She has applied since 9th of June and she’s yet to get a decision. My dad applied a week after her, but got his visa early September.
This delay is really concerning . Both were meant to come for my graduation in July. At this point , I just want them to make a decision and release her passport as I’m due to give birth soon and I want her to come for a while . Even if it means applying for another visitor’s visa.
I sent a mail on her behalf and was meant to be contacted within 20 working days , still nothing .
send a paid mail. If a decision has not been made, there’s nothing you can do.. if you not able to wait then fill the withdrawal application and withdraw it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:16am On Oct 04, 2022
keneryhark:
Pls anyone with an accomodation or link to any accommodation in Southampton should pls reach out to me. A self contain or a room and palour apartment will be suitable as we are couples without children yet.
Budget is between 500 pounds to 800 pounds monthly rent.
We are currently in the UK, London precisely and need to move to Southampton where my wife's job is located.
since you are in the UK then check zoopla, openrent, prime location
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by belovedtianah: 10:51am On Oct 04, 2022
giselle237:
send a paid mail. If a decision has not been made, there’s nothing you can do.. if you not able to wait then fill the withdrawal application and withdraw it

Thank you so much for your response. I just did , and this is the feedback I received.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by keneryhark(m): 11:23am On Oct 04, 2022
giselle237:
since you are in the UK then check zoopla, openrent, prime location

Been checking with no success.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 11:41am On Oct 04, 2022
advanceDNA:

Oh...nice..u involved lawyers....u took an RPG to a gun fight.... na wetin fit UKVI be that... no wonder they let u go quick

Hahhahaaa funny uu AdvanceDNA....
It was one immigration base Nigeria lawyer oo...
She was just how dey talkd abt her... always successful in all immigration case brought to her table i thank God oo..

AdvanceDNA pls I was giving 1year visa on my Student dependent visa, d funny tin is d visa was backdated from 22nd June till 31st may 2023..
Is it normal abi dem dey vex for me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 11:51am On Oct 04, 2022
giselle237:

I dnt withdrawal of application is d best tin to do now,. Looking at dis mata ur dad applied after ur mum n ur dat has gotten his own... My sister make u no vex for dis my own opinion on dis..
I think ur mum needs fasting n prayer on dis mata oo
My own Tb test certificate disappeared frm all d documents I submit even I resent it twice wen I got a mail to resend it n dey still couldn't find it so my application was refused..
I found it strange n I jakpaa to Jesus wit fasting n prayer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 11:52am On Oct 04, 2022
Jocabasa:

Hahhahaaa funny uu AdvanceDNA....
It was one immigration base Nigeria lawyer oo...
She was just how dey talkd abt her... always successful in all immigration case brought to her table i thank God oo..

AdvanceDNA pls I was giving 1year visa on my Student dependent visa, d funny tin is d visa was backdated from 22nd June till 31st may 2023..
Is it normal abi dem dey vex for me?

Nigerian lawyer??..thats not bad..

Ur student visa suppose cover your study period....anything from that na mistake??
When are u supoosed to resume??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kayspark27(m): 11:55am On Oct 04, 2022
Please any idea on how to send a paid mail?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 11:57am On Oct 04, 2022
advanceDNA:

Nigerian lawyer??..thats not bad..

Ur student visa suppose cover your study period....anything from that na mistake??
When are u supoosed to resume??

Am the dependent nt d applicant... N my wife has been in d UK studying since October 2021... I jst wonder wy dey backdated it.. abeg AdvanceDNA advise on wat to do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2022
Jocabasa:

Am the dependent nt d applicant... N my wife has been in d UK studying since October 2021... I jst wonder wy dey backdated it.. abeg AdvanceDNA advise on wat to do.

Ohhhhh.....you be dependant

Your visa should end the same time with your wife.....if not.... na mistake....Two things are involved....

.you can aplly to ukvi to correct it to match the same ending date as your wife...dont know how long correction will take ....

U can bone since you guys will apply for post study visa anyways and get fresh two years...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DannyBillgate: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2022
kayspark27:
Please any idea on how to send a paid mail?.

Hi bro!
Why do you want to do a paid mail? I thought you said decision has been made on your visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (617) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.