Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (834565 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2022
advanceDNA:

Ohhhhh.....you be dependant

Your visa should end the same time with your wife.....if not.... na mistake....Two things are involved....

.you can aplly to ukvi to correct it to match the same ending date as your wife...dont know how long correction will take ....

U can bone since you guys will apply for post study visa anyways and get fresh two years...

Thanks alot AdvanceDNA i appreciate... U made my day am so grateful n thanks to all u commenting n giving advise on dis platform God wil grant u all ur heart desires....

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by belovedtianah: 1:36pm On Oct 04, 2022
kayspark27:
Please any idea on how to send a paid mail?.

This was the link I used

https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by RowenaR: 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2022
Visa Alert!

- Biometrics date: 20th July, TLS Abuja
- First timer
- Visa duration: 2 years visit visa

I applied for a 6 month visit visa in November last year and was rejected, due to unexplained large deposits from my employer in my salary account.

Decided to just go for 2 years when reapplying. Wrote a very detailed cover letter and resubmitted the salary account statement from the rejected application, explaining every single deposit in it, amongst other things.

I also submitted a new more recent 6 months salary account statement for the new application.

I have been a silent reader. Thanks everyone for all the tips! Was a bit worried when I saw some people saying first time applicants don’t get 2 year visas, but I decided to just go for it anyway and was granted a 2 year visa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2022
congrat
RowenaR:
Visa Alert!

- Biometrics date: 20th July, TLS Abuja
- First timer
- Visa duration: 2 years visit visa

I applied for a 6 month visit visa in November last year and was rejected, due to unexplained large deposits from my employer in my salary account.

Decided to just go for 2 years when reapplying. Wrote a very detailed cover letter and resubmitted the salary account statement from the rejected application, explaining every single deposit in it, amongst other things.

I also submitted a new more recent 6 months salary account statement for the new application.

I have been a silent reader. Thanks everyone for all the tips! Was a bit worried when I saw some people saying first time applicants don’t get 2 year visas, but I decided to just go for it anyway and was granted a 2 year visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Memeregoncall: 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by karferguso(m): 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hello guys

Does TLS still offer Priority/Super Priority services?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 4:19pm On Oct 04, 2022
karferguso:
Hello guys

Does TLS still offer Priority/Super Priority services?

Yes subject to availability
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 4:19pm On Oct 04, 2022
Memeregoncall:
HELP

Hello Everyone please i need some help. Applied for Standard Visitor Visa and Did my Bio on 1/08/22 at Abuja TLS
I have an exams on the 10th of this month and I’m yet to receive my visa despite sending 2 paid mails and a paid call. Today I received the following mail:

Please note that your application is still under consideration and is not yet finalised.

UKVI is experiencing high levels of demand across all visa routes globally and as such only extremely compassionate or compelling circumstances (for example, a medical emergency) will be considered before expediting specific cases. Each request will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.

If you require your passport back immediately for travel or an emergency, you can temporarily withdraw your application by going to the VISA application centre and asking to retrospectively pay for the Keep My Passport service.

To permanently withdraw your application use this link Cancel your visa, immigration or citizenship application - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) .

Please note that if once you have submitted biometrics you are not entitled to a VISA fee refund.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

Thank you for your patience while we complete your application.

Kind Regards

UK Visas and Immigration
DMC - UKVS

Please what are my options[b][/b] and what does this mean. I’m really worried and I don’t want to miss my exams
TIA

Wait ✋

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ICFinvestor1: 5:00pm On Oct 04, 2022
Thank You and God bless u, but pls how long will it take for them to transfer it to a new passport?
My Visa is for 6 months but the program I am going for will start Wednesdays next week, a three days program. If I don't meet up for the program, will I be allowed to enter the UK after the program?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ujay342(f): 5:36pm On Oct 04, 2022
Good afternoon all.

Please someone intends travelling to another city in the UK, contrary to the information she provided during her visa application. Would this pose a problem at the POE?

The initial city was Londonderry in Northern Ireland but now she wants to travel to London cos her contact in Derry disappointed her. �

Please I need your input. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2022
Ujay342:
Good afternoon all.

Please someone intends travelling to another city in the UK, contrary to the information she provided during her visa application. Would this pose a problem at the POE?
[b][/b]
The initial city was Londonderry in Northern Ireland but now she wants to travel to London cos her contact in Derry disappointed her. �

No it shouldn't be.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JPB2: 6:19pm On Oct 04, 2022
Ujay342:
Good afternoon all.

Plans can change so not a problem

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by LondyC(f): 6:27pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hello Everyone,
How does someone who runs her petty business in Nigeria but does not have CAC documents or tax clearance apply for visiting visa to the UK?
She is married with 4 children and her husband is in paid employment. She is being invited to the UK by family.
Cab her husband act as her sponsor instead since she can't provide documents to prove she is self employed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Zammuell: 6:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hi everyone! I'm looking for a shared room or student halls, preferably close to the Manchester Metropolitan university or anywhere around Manchester
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by carsonchuks(m): 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2022
VISA ALERT!
6 MONTHS
BIOMETRICS DATE ; 28TH JULY 2022
TRANSFERRED DATE TO DMC :28TH JULY 2022
RECEIVED BY DMC: 1ST AUGUST 2022
DECISION DATE :29TH SEPTEMBER
TRANSFERRED TO VAC :30TH SEPTEMBER 2022
RECEIVED BY VAC :30TH SEPTEMBER 2022
COLLECTED FROM DHL :4TH OCTOBER 2022
STANDARD VISITOR VISA TLS ABUJA

Special thanks to alert20 and other wonderful people who kept on giving me tips and when to expect it. I guess it takes average of 9 weeks plus for most people now. One love..l

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by haaryobhami: 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2022
Good morning house ,tomorrow is my biometrics
I uploaded d following documents
CAS document
10m POF
CV
Recommendation letter (though I actually haven’t worked since finishing my nysc in 2019 but I got a recommendation letter from my uncle company as an hr)
Waec
Tuberculosis result
Passport
Nysc certificate
I paid £6300 tution deposit

Note :
I didn’t upload my transcript because it’s kind off blurry and I wasn’t asked to upload it in my cas .

Also the bank account I used for my all my transaction,and I did over 1.3m debit transaction last week to pay for my ihs and visa fee,though d 10m wasn’t touched .
I want to ask the gurus in d house if am set and good to go or do I need to make any adjustment before tomorrow?

Thanks for all the assistant so far..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by opezi: 8:26pm On Oct 04, 2022
Good evening... I have been trying to self upload some documents for my application. Was able to upload some successfully but I'm getting this error for the last two... any ideas on the cause or solution will be appreciated.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2022
opezi:
Good evening... I have been trying to self upload some documents for my application. Was able to upload some successfully but I'm getting this error for the last two... any ideas on the cause or solution will be appreciated.

Try a different browser to the current, if possible try Firefox
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by opezi: 9:34am On Oct 05, 2022
Done that.. still the same error cry cry
leef2022:

Try a different browser to the current, if possible try Firefox
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by enesty(m): 11:05am On Oct 05, 2022
Good morning all
Please how do I address a reference going for visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Naffyfera: 11:10am On Oct 05, 2022
Good morning all,

Please does anybody know how best to pay for a flight on the Ethiopian airlines website. I have tried so many cards and it keeps saying the payment didn’t go through. Quite exhausting
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 11:32am On Oct 05, 2022
You need to file your annual returns with CAC and activate your business status; send a DM.
I will go live with you and show you details of your company with CAC, including your name, sharing capital, and lots more detail to confirm credibility.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ladylco: 1:02pm On Oct 05, 2022
Please I need guidance. I am trying to renew my parents visa, I already started the application, Do I need to complete their application separately on different profile because I already completed my dad's and it is taking me to make payment. I thought its supposed to take me to complete my mum's application then proceed to where I will make joint payment and not paying separately. Please you swift advise is needed here. Its been long I processed uk visa for them. I need advise on how to complete a group visa application for my parents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by toemie(m): 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2022
ladylco:
Please I need guidance. I am trying to renew my parents visa, I already started the application, Do I need to complete their application separately on different profile because I already completed my dad's and it is taking me to make payment. I thought its supposed to take me to complete my mum's application then proceed to where I will make joint payment and not paying separately. Please you swift advise is needed here. Its been long I processed uk visa for them. I need advise on how to complete a group visa application for my parents

Hello. You are to complete separate visa application and pay separately. When booking for biometric appointment, you will try to choose same date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ladylco: 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2022
toemie:

Hello. You are to complete separate visa application and pay separately. When booking for biometric appointment, you will try to choose same date.

Oh okay. Thanks. But how do I differentiate the principal application (my dad) and the dependents (my mum and nephew)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 6:11pm On Oct 05, 2022
carsonchuks:
VISA ALERT!
6 MONTHS
BIOMETRICS DATE ; 28TH JULY 2022
TRANSFERRED DATE TO DMC :28TH JULY 2022
RECEIVED BY DMC: 1ST AUGUST 2022
DECISION DATE :29TH SEPTEMBER
TRANSFERRED TO VAC :30TH SEPTEMBER 2022
RECEIVED BY VAC :30TH SEPTEMBER 2022
COLLECTED FROM DHL :4TH OCTOBER 2022
STANDARD VISITOR VISA TLS ABUJA

Special thanks to alert20 and other wonderful people who kept on giving me tips and when to expect it. I guess it takes average of 9 weeks plus for most people now. One love..l

Congrats boss ✌️✌️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 6:14pm On Oct 05, 2022
opezi:
Done that.. still the same error cry cry

Use Google Chrome, and change your mobile network ie: if u are using Glo before change it to MTN or Airtel ✌️✌️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Pappyyanky1: 11:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hello good day, if i did not reveal Visa refusal to school to get CAS but reveal it to UKVI is there a problem with that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Youngquay(m): 1:38am On Oct 06, 2022
Please house how do I pay for ihs and visa fee? Is it through normal master card? Or form A or black market
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2022
opezi:

Try scanning the document afresh and re-uploading, It should go through. I had similar issues and I did exactly what I just told you and it worked for me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 8:37am On Oct 06, 2022
Youngquay:
Please house how do I pay for ihs and visa fee? Is it through normal master card? Or form A or black market

Nigeriam Dorm account or someone pay for you from abroad

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (618) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: davodyguy, tuco02 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.