Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (831036 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by karferguso(m): 1:21pm On Oct 06, 2022
Good afternoon guys,

Please, is it possible to do your biometrics without your original passport? I intend to opt for "Keep my passport"

My passport is stuck in another embassy and I need to apply for a British visa using Priority
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
karferguso:
Good afternoon guys,

Please, is it possible to do your biometrics[b] without your original passport[/b][b][/b]? I intend to opt for "Keep my passport"

My passport is stuck in another embassy and I need to apply for a British visa using Priority

Nope @ bolded.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by karferguso(m): 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2022
leef2022:

Nope @ bolded.

Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iykedare(m): 2:53pm On Oct 06, 2022
Guys, I need your help o.

Gtb has frozen my 2.1m for £4100 form A application. Is the rate that high or do they freeze more than necessary to be safe the process goes through?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by haaryobhami: 2:56pm On Oct 06, 2022
iykedare:

Gtb has frozen my 2.1m for £4100 form A application. Is the rate that high or do they freeze more than necessary to be safe the process goes through?

i think it means they are about to disburse d money
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 5:21pm On Oct 06, 2022
iykedare:

Thats around 510 naira to a pound....black market is 830 naira......u cant get a significantly better deal else where...besides tey will charge you extra to process the transaction..dont know how much but it can be less than 10-20k

..this is bank rate for crying out loud...u should be glad.....some people had to buy black market rate because banks had shortage of foreign currency when they applied and tgey were in a hurry to meet up with resumption
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Millalorinzzz: 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2022
Hello good day everyone
I’m in the Uk and will like to fully sponsor my mum to visit for approximately 4months
Can we use my uk account dated 2months back at 4000 pounds and my naira account dated 3months back at 2million plus
Is this enough for her stay?? and is it possible to fully sponsor??
Hope it won’t raise concerns since it’s just few months back and is the money sufficient for 4months visit??
She’s got approximately 1million in her account
Can we use that too?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:42pm On Oct 06, 2022
Millalorinzzz:
Hello good day everyone
I’m in the Uk and will like to fully sponsor my mum to visit for approximately 4months
Can we use my uk account dated 2months back at 4000 pounds and my naira account dated 3months back at 2million plus
Is this enough for her stay?? and is it possible to fully sponsor??
Hope it won’t raise concerns since it’s just few months back and is the money sufficient for 4months visit??
She’s got approximately 1million in her account
Can we use that too?
1. If your mom gets the visa and somehow decides to stay that long then it’s fine. My own advice is dnt go writing in her form or any where in the application that she is visiting to stay for 4 months. It is risky to say that and attracts more scrutiny and ultimately refusal
2. If your mom has some money in her account and you also want to sponsor, do not provide old bank statement. Like she is applying in October and u decide to bring bank statement ending in August. If that’s what you mean by dated 2 months back .. pls do not

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Millalorinzzz: 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2022
giselle237:

1. If your mom gets the visa and somehow decides to stay that long then it’s fine. My own advice is dnt go writing in her form or any where in the application that she is visiting to stay for 4 months. It is risky to say that and attracts more scrutiny and ultimately refusal
2. If your mom has some money in her account and you also want to sponsor, do not provide old bank statement. Like she is applying in October and u decide to bring bank statement ending in August. If that’s what you mean by dated 2 months back .. pls do not

Oh thank you
I actually thought there is a place where one inputs how long one plans to stay
Dated 2 months back I meant is 2months to application date
Also is the money enough??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2022
Millalorinzzz:
Oh thank you
I actually thought there is a place where one inputs how long one plans to stay
Dated 2 months back I meant is 2months to application date
there is a place u must fill how long u want to stay. I am saying do not document 4 months there. That’s a long time. You need to reduce the length of the trip drastically as you dnt want the visa officer thinking she has nothing to do in Nigeria.. This equals no or few ties = refusal
I would provide a longer bank statement or longer payslips as a sponsor. That’s just me

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Millalorinzzz: 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2022
giselle237:
there is a place u must fill how long u want to stay. I am saying do not document 4 months there. That’s a long time. You need to reduce the length of the trip drastically as you dnt want the visa officer thinking she has nothing to do in Nigeria.. This equals no or few ties = refusal
I would provide a longer bank statement or longer payslips as a sponsor. That’s just me

Thank you for your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by KINGKONG(m): 6:36pm On Oct 06, 2022
I have been reading all the comments and suggestions here and I'm really happy that such thread exist here on this forum

Here is my own issue now

I would love to visit the UK next year for a short course programme (1month program) and I will be fully responsible for all the expenses

What type of visa should I go for? What are the requirements, minimum money needed in my account.. etc

Any pointers or links would be appreciated

Note: This would be my first time of travelling out of the country
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2022
[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
KINGKONG:
I have been reading all the comments and suggestions here and I'm really happy that such thread exist here on this forum

Here is my own issue now

I would love to visit the UK next year for a short course programme (1month program) and I will be fully responsible for all the expenses

What type of visa should I go for? What are the requirements, minimum money needed in my account.. etc

Any pointers or links would be appreciated

Note: This would be my first time of travelling out of the country

You can visit the UK as a Standard Visitor for tourism, business, study (courses up to 6 months) and other permitted activities.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2022
Good evening house...

Please how long will I get my passport from TLS.. I got a mail on 2nd Sunday Oct. frm DMC dat my Visa is successful and will be send to TLS for collection, Since then til now no message from TLS Ikeja,
Please is it taking dat long ... I intend to travel on 16th... Abeg make una help me reason
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:12pm On Oct 06, 2022
Bro, BIg Congratulations. how long did this process take? When did you apply?
Jocabasa:
Good evening house...

Please how long will I get my passport from TLS.. I got a mail on 2nd Sunday Oct. frm DMC dat my Visa is successful and will be send to TLS for collection, Since then til now no message from TLS Ikeja,
Please is it taking dat long ... I intend to travel on 16th... Abeg make una help me reason

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2022
hunee:
Bro, BIg Congratulations. how long did this process take? When did you apply?

* Biometric on 09 may 2022
* Application refused on 22 June 2022
* Applied Administrative review on 15 July 2022
* Sent reminder mail on 07 Sept 2022
* Successful Administrative review on 20 Sept 2022
* Successful visa application on 02 Oct 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:38pm On Oct 06, 2022
Abeg, take yourself out and have a cold bottle of heineken. Since May? You try abeg grin
Jocabasa:

* Biometric on 09 may 2022
* Application refused on 22 June 2022
* Applied Administrative review on 15 July 2022
* Sent reminder mail on 07 Sept 2022
* Successful Administrative review on 20 Sept 2022
* Successful visa application on 02 Oct 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 10:09pm On Oct 06, 2022
hunee:
Abeg, take yourself out and have a cold bottle of heineken. Since May? You try abeg grin

Hahhahaaa funny uu... E no easy oo especially wen my visa was refused is jst like am watching zeeworld...
Na prayer I take succeed is God I table my matter to
AR usually takes up to 6months bt mine took 2months... Am still waiting for my passport pickup n av nt bin called pls.. someone advise on wat to do..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Femcitabine: 10:15pm On Oct 06, 2022
leef2022:

Not all categories of visas. General visitor visas don't come with BRP
Ours is skilled workers visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Femcitabine: 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2022
pancaro:

Hi sir. Please how long did your process take?
2 weeks from biometrics
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 10:44pm On Oct 06, 2022
Femcitabine:

Ours is skilled workers visa

Check your mail folders � if nothing write them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 11:53pm On Oct 06, 2022
I am happy for you. Visa refusal is something everyone tries to avoid. All the best
Jocabasa:

Hahhahaaa funny uu... E no easy oo especially wen my visa was refused is jst like am watching zeeworld...
AR usually takes up to 6months bt mine took 2months... Am still waiting for my passport pickup n av nt bin called pls.. someone advise on wat to do..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 1:36am On Oct 07, 2022
Jocabasa:

it takes within 10 working days. if it has passed, then you can recontact them for follow-up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Trader22(m): 8:14am On Oct 07, 2022
I want to reapply for visa, i got a tourist visa in 2020 but couldn't travel because of the lockdown till visa expired. I haven't reapplied ever since, i want to reapply now but is there any guarantee i will be granted again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:48am On Oct 07, 2022
Trader22:
I want to reapply for visa, i got a tourist visa in 2020 but couldn't travel because of the lockdown till visa expired. I haven't reapplied ever since, i want to reapply now but is there any guarantee[b][/b] i will be granted again?

No to the text highlighted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 10:01am On Oct 07, 2022
dirolad:
it takes within 10 working days. if it has passed, then you can recontact them for follow-up.

Thanks Dirolad I appreciate... Today makes it 4 working days Independent holiday excluded..
Dis week is gone wil b hoping for next week
God help me n help all u still waiting for visa decision,
Na gud news una go hear oo...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Femcitabine: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
leef2022:

Check your mail folders � if nothing write them.

Do you know email address I will send my complaint to?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 1:29pm On Oct 07, 2022
Trader22:
I want to reapply for visa, i got a tourist visa in 2020 but couldn't travel because of the lockdown till visa expired. I haven't reapplied ever since, i want to reapply now but is there any guarantee i will be granted again?

There is no guarantee, but if they believe you meet the requirements, they will approve your visa application.

You have a better chance of getting it than a novice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oscalowi: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2022
Truly, this visa thing takes 9weeks ish...biometrics on August 2nd, Passport collection mail on 06/10/2022.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by haaryobhami: 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2022
Good day house
I did my biometrics at abuja tls on Wednesday,since then am yet to get any mail from them since that day when they sent a mail that it has been moved to decision making center .
Is it normal or should I pressure them?

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Drphade, donteebalo(m), tuco02

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.