Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (834714 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:15am On Oct 11, 2022
donbabe2000:
i just recieved a refuasal mail after i waited for 2 month
i used a sponsor and i ahve travelled to 3 countries
the reason for their refusal is still not clear to me
please can someone assist to elaborate on the refusal letter as am confused

pls delete it. Your personal details are here. Blur them out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DannyBillgate: 8:46am On Oct 11, 2022
Shadybeauty:
Mine took up to 9weeks but i sent a paid mail and in 2weeks my visa was approved.

You mean after 9weeks you sent a paid mail and wait for another 2weeks? If yes, that's 11weeks. Pls let me know.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by toemie(m): 10:31am On Oct 11, 2022
donbabe2000:

REASONS FOR REFUSAL NRA v 1.0
You have applied for a visa to visit the UK.
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for
visitors (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitorrules), I have considered:
 your application
 your immigration history
The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for visitors because:
 You state that you wish to travel to the United Kingdom for 15 days for tourism.
 While I acknowledge that your sponsor proposes to bear the cost of your visit.
However, I must take into account your personal and economic circumstances in
your home country when coming to my decision.

 You state you are employed as a Customer Service Officer earning a monthly salary
of 89020.06 NGN (£184.70 at an exchange rate of £1 = 480.00 NGN as per
oanda.com on 09/10/2022). In support of your application, you have provided an
employment letter, payslips and bank statements in your name. While I am satisfied
that you are employed and receive a salary, however, the bank statements show
deposits made into the account which are in excess of your total claimed income.
You have not provided any details on your application as to the origin of these funds
and I am unable to determine this from the statement or the other evidence provided.
I am not satisfied that the funds held in your account are under your exclusive
control. I am therefore not satisfied that you have provided an accurate reflection of
your financial circumstances in Nigeria as stated on your application.
 Additionally, I note a bank balance for account number ending 5363, this shows a
balance in USD. However, as this is just a balance I cannot determine where these
funds originate. Therefore I cannot confirm that you have sufficient funds available for
your visit.
 You state that you earn 1,000,000.00 NGN (£2074.86) a year from another income.
However, with the information you have provided you have not demonstrated how or
that you are in receipt of these funds as stated on your application form. As such, I
am not satisfied that your personal circumstances are as stated by you which leads
me to doubt the credibility of the statements made in your application form and your
intentions for visiting the UK at this time.
 In light of all the above, this leads me to question this application, your intentions for
this stay and that your declared personal and economic circumstances are as you
portray in your country of residence. Consequently, I am not satisfied that only a
short visit is intended and you will leave the UK after this trip.
 From the information on your application form and the documents you have
submitted, I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the United Kingdom or that you
are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor. Your application is therefore refused
under paragraphs 4.2 (a) and (c) of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for Visitor

Hi.. Sorry for your refusal. When you are applying for visitor's visa, that part of the form where they state how much you earn on a monthly basis and how much you earn from other sources should be filled with caution. My advice to people is analyze your six-months bank statements yourself first before putting any figure in the application form. It can happen that you received a huge amount of money due to many reasons. You may sell your car, obtain a loan from your company or someone might even ask you to keep money for him/her. If you have any huge deposit, please explain it in a cover letter. Explain every single deposit above your normal income. For the USD account, i'm not sure what the visa officer said, but if i understand correctly, he just saw closing balance, there is no inflow/outflow which means no transactions for the last six months (if you provided a six month statement), this also would be queried. If you have a bank account with no transaction for the last six months eventhough there is a balance, its either you take time to explain why, or you don't include it in your application. All the best!

My advice to everyone again is what i call "work-back".. Which means work back from your bank statement to your application. Don't fill your application from your head without having enough evidence to attach. If you earn 1 million from other sources, and nothing like that adds up from your bank statement, even if its true, you should be careful.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:54am On Oct 11, 2022
simongonner:
Good day guys .. please I need your inputs on the image attached below.. a friend visa was refused . She met the UKVI test cut off mark.. please what can she do about this ?

Her employer's sponsorship status was revoked. In summary, she cannot get a visa on the basis of having a job in the UK

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 10:55am On Oct 11, 2022
Aniaino2341:

@softlifec please help I have got no cac documents tho my lawyer said it will be out next week but still I have my business going on...should I just get photocopies of transaction receipts and my business logo and my savings account with Lans documents..then I submit? Please help o
Be patient and get an airtight application to avoid denial.
If it is a fresh CAC registration, you can get approval within this week if there is no query.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:58am On Oct 11, 2022
Kiki25:
Hi guys. So I've been following this thread for a while because i want to apply for a UK visit visa. I'll be visiting a friend who will be providing accommodation and also fully sponsor the trip.
I've actually started my application but I just need some advice regarding proof of fund. I know I'll submit my sponsors SOA, and that I'll have to submit mine as well. But the thing is that the closing balance on my salary account is very low...less than 20k sef. But I have other source of income going into another bank like money from friends and family and some freelance jobs I do. So in the application, should I select that I have other source of income and provide my bank statement to prove it? If yes, does it mean I'll be providing 3 banks statement( my sponsor's, my salary account and my other other)?

Also, I selected that I having savings as well, I use piggyvest for my savings, do I need to provide SOA for it as well?

Please help guys ��

yes, please provide your statement of account and other documents to prove you are not a flight risk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:12am On Oct 11, 2022
Cutiefred06:
I have a visiting visa which will expire this month 21st and I intend to travel by December. Do I have to wait for the visa to expire before I apply for a new one

No
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kelyzo1: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2022
Hello house,

Please I will need ur advise on this, my parents are planning to visit my brother in the UK and my dad will be sponsoring the trip. He is self-employed and owns a company.

My question is
1. Do my mum have to upload her personal statement
2. Is it a must that company name be active on CAC portal. Bearing in mind they age (63 & 60) and have properties and investment to prove they are going to return back to nigeria.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aggirl55: 11:39am On Oct 11, 2022
Greetings everyone
Please I am in a dilemma on my uk visa.
I applied as a depedent under my father student visa.
I did my bio in Aug 5,2022
In Sept 6 , additional information of my parents visa application was requested stated as follows

"Paragraph ST 34.2 States - Child applicant’s parents must each be either applying at the same time as the applicant or have permission to be in the UK (other than as a visitor) unless the parent with permission as a Student is the sole surviving parent or has Sole Responsibility for the child’s upbringing
• Please provide Details of your parents Visa application to travel with you to the UK or proof in the form of an official court document to evidence that the parent that you are travelling with has Sole Legal Responsibility, however this must not be only in the form of an affadavit.

My mum did not apply with me because of her Job and my kid sister who needs to write waec next year may/june and my father doesn't want to claim Sole Responsibility and we saw the following rules in home office website:

Exceptional circumstances - serious and compelling circumstances
While you should normally be satisfied that a child is either joining both parents, or
the work or study migrant is the sole surviving parent, or has and has had sole
responsibility, there may be exceptional cases where it is appropriate to issue entry
clearance.
The following list is not exhaustive, but are examples of scenarios where it may be
judged that there are serious and compelling reasons to grant the child entry
clearance or permission to stay with the parent with permission:
• due to employment or study commitments, one parent is delaying their entry to
the UK
• one parent is travelling to a territory for reasonable purposes which makes it
impossible to care for the child or children for example the father/mother is
travelling to a country where it would not be safe for the child or children to join
them
• one parent is travelling to a territory for reasonable purposes on a short-term
basis such that it would be unreasonable to expect care/schooling
arrangements to be made for the short length of the trip
• one parent is receiving medical treatment abroad and plans to join the family

We sent a letter and affidavit explaining why my mother cannot join me and did not apply with me.
On Oct 6, I was sent a refusal mail because my mother does not hold a valid uk visa and has not applied for a uk visa.
It was also stated that I can apply for administrative review.

I applied for a foundation year programme earlier this year in a uk University and got accepted but it was withdrawn last month because I have not uploaded my visa.I have again applied for another uni and I am awaiting decision.

If I apply for administrative review and show them that I need to start school,will it be compelling enough for me to be granted a visa..

Thank you all ,please I need advice urgently
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:55am On Oct 11, 2022
Which is "flight risk" kwa? Is the op a terrorist, declared one, been determined to have done so aboard a local or international flight or have a medical condition that pose such threat..... or this na on-top SOA?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:59am On Oct 11, 2022
Aggirl55:
Greetings everyone
Please I am in a dilemma on my uk visa.
I applied as a depedent under my father student visa.
I did my bio in Aug 5,2022
In Sept 6 , additional information of my parents visa application was requested stated as follows

"Paragraph ST 34.2 States - Child applicant’s parents must each be either applying at the same time as the applicant or have permission to be in the UK (other than as a visitor) unless the parent with permission as a Student is the sole surviving parent or has Sole Responsibility for the child’s upbringing
• Please provide Details of your parents Visa application to travel with you to the UK or proof in the form of an official court document to evidence that the parent that you are travelling with has Sole Legal Responsibility, however this must not be only in the form of an affadavit.

My mum did not apply with me because of her Job and my kid sister who needs to write waec next year may/june and my father doesn't want to claim Sole Responsibility and we saw the following rules in home office website:

Exceptional circumstances - serious and compelling circumstances
While you should normally be satisfied that a child is either joining both parents, or
the work or study migrant is the sole surviving parent, or has and has had sole
responsibility, there may be exceptional cases where it is appropriate to issue entry
clearance.
The following list is not exhaustive, but are examples of scenarios where it may be
judged that there are serious and compelling reasons to grant the child entry
clearance or permission to stay with the parent with permission:
• due to employment or study commitments, one parent is delaying their entry to
the UK
• one parent is travelling to a territory for reasonable purposes which makes it
impossible to care for the child or children for example the father/mother is
travelling to a country where it would not be safe for the child or children to join
them
• one parent is travelling to a territory for reasonable purposes on a short-term
basis such that it would be unreasonable to expect care/schooling
arrangements to be made for the short length of the trip
• one parent is receiving medical treatment abroad and plans to join the family

We sent a letter and affidavit explaining why my mother cannot join me and did not apply with me.
On Oct 6, I was sent a refusal mail because my mother does not hold a valid uk visa and has not applied for a uk visa.
It was also stated that I can apply for administrative review.

I applied for a foundation year programme earlier this year in a uk University and got accepted but it was withdrawn last month because I have not uploaded my visa.I have again applied for another uni and I am awaiting decision.

If I apply for administrative review and show them that I need to start school,will it be compelling enough for me to be granted a visa..

Thank you all ,please I need advice urgently

Where does your query(ies) actually end?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aggirl55: 12:16pm On Oct 11, 2022
Thanks for responding
Please i don't understand, what query are you referring to
quote author=leef2022 post=117465574]

Where does your query(ies) actually end?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aggirl55: 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
Thanks for responding
Please i don't understand, what query are you referring to
leef2022:

Where does your query(ies) actually end?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Shadybeauty: 1:23pm On Oct 11, 2022
I waited for 7weeks before sending the paid mail.
DannyBillgate:

You mean after 9weeks you sent a paid mail and wait for another 2weeks? If yes, that's 11weeks. Pls let me know.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
Iffffffy:
which route please?

I don't understand wat u mean by which route... If u asking of where I submit my application is TLS Ikeja..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TruthCorp: 2:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
donbabe2000:

REASONS FOR REFUSAL NRA v 1.0
You have applied for a visa to visit the UK.
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for
visitors (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitorrules), I have considered:
 your application
 your immigration history
The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for visitors because:
 You state that you wish to travel to the United Kingdom for 15 days for tourism.
 While I acknowledge that your sponsor proposes to bear the cost of your visit.
However, I must take into account your personal and economic circumstances in
your home country when coming to my decision.

 You state you are employed as a Customer Service Officer earning a monthly salary
of 89020.06 NGN (£184.70 at an exchange rate of £1 = 480.00 NGN as per
oanda.com on 09/10/2022). In support of your application, you have provided an
employment letter, payslips and bank statements in your name. While I am satisfied
that you are employed and receive a salary, however, the bank statements show
deposits made into the account which are in excess of your total claimed income.
You have not provided any details on your application as to the origin of these funds
and I am unable to determine this from the statement or the other evidence provided.
I am not satisfied that the funds held in your account are under your exclusive
control. I am therefore not satisfied that you have provided an accurate reflection of
your financial circumstances in Nigeria as stated on your application.
 Additionally, I note a bank balance for account number ending 5363, this shows a
balance in USD. However, as this is just a balance I cannot determine where these
funds originate. Therefore I cannot confirm that you have sufficient funds available for
your visit.
 You state that you earn 1,000,000.00 NGN (£2074.86) a year from another income.
However, with the information you have provided you have not demonstrated how or
that you are in receipt of these funds as stated on your application form. As such, I
am not satisfied that your personal circumstances are as stated by you which leads
me to doubt the credibility of the statements made in your application form and your
intentions for visiting the UK at this time.
 In light of all the above, this leads me to question this application, your intentions for
this stay and that your declared personal and economic circumstances are as you
portray in your country of residence. Consequently, I am not satisfied that only a
short visit is intended and you will leave the UK after this trip.
 From the information on your application form and the documents you have
submitted, I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the United Kingdom or that you
are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor. Your application is therefore refused

Sorry about this.
Please what date did you do your biometrics? And TLS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2022
donbabe2000:

Your application is therefore refused

The reason: Economic ties

The officer who reviewed your application doesn’t believe your reported personal and economic circumstances. He or she thinks you lied about who you are in your application.

Your claim of additional income is disputed because you failed to provide any supporting documentation.

However, why did you use a sponsor for a vacation trip when you are employed and had a secondary source of income of 1 million naira?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by donbabe2000: 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

The reason: Economic ties

The officer who reviewed your application doesn’t believe your reported personal and economic circumstances. He or she thinks you lied about who you are in your application.

Your claim of additional income is disputed because you failed to provide any supporting documentation.

However, why did you use a sponsor for a vacation trip when you are employed and had a secondary source of income of 1 million naira?

i didnt lie,everything i presented was true
i have a registered business but i decieded not to present the CAC because i use my personal account for my transactions,transactions has been consistent on the account and it has a balance of about 2.8 and usd balance of 5,363dollar for the past 6months.i have been working for the past 9yrs which my employer stated on my reference letter, are they now telling me that i could not have saved upto that amount in my account,i have been travelling to turkey to buy goodsand sell whenever an on leave

my brother was the one to sponsor my trip and he wrote a letter of sponsorship, and i submitted all the necessary document needed from him,i even submitted family picture and land document as home ties
i only attach my statement to prove that even if they doubt that my sponsor couldnt sponsor me that i can pay for my trip. because i have seen someone they rejected because she used a sponsor and did not present her personal statement.

for me the reason for the denial is just uncalled for.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kiki25: 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2022
Cashmadam:

yes, please provide your statement of account and other documents to prove you are not a flight risk

I use piggyvest for my savings. And I stated that I have savings. Will they accept piggyvest statement of account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 5:36pm On Oct 11, 2022
donbabe2000:

i didnt lie,everything i presented was true
i have a registered business but i decieded not to present the CAC because i use my personal account for my transactions,transactions has been consistent on the account and it has a balance of about 2.8 and usd balance of 5,363dollar for the past 6months.i have been working for the past 9yrs which my employer stated on my reference letter, are they now telling me that i could not have saved upto that amount in my account,i have been travelling to turkey to buy goodsand sell whenever an on leave

my brother was the one to sponsor my trip and he wrote a letter of sponsorship, and i submitted all the necessary document needed from him,i even submitted family picture and land document as home ties
i only attach my statement to prove that even if they doubt that my sponsor couldnt sponsor me that i can pay for my trip. because i have seen someone they rejected because she used a sponsor and did not present her personal statement.

for me the reason for the denial is just uncalled for.

Because of the poor packaging of your application, the majority of visa officers won't believe your story.

You should have included all the necessary documentation to support your claim, as well as the source of your supplementary income.

With these balances in your bank statements, I don’t think you need a sponsor. All you need is packaging.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by rab4sure: 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2022
I did not go to the office, I called the customer care number and that was what the pers told me, that's the reason I decided not to waste time going to the office

hunee:
@rab4sure Come and answer. I think he can get this resolved at the head office of access bank. Should not be an issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Enitan105: 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2022
I have a male friend in UK, he didn't write his fiancee as his dependent while filling his visa application form, now he wants her to join him on his Visa. Is it possible?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Merxi: 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2022
Good evening everyone
I need your help with this question guys
If I declare my father as the one sponsoring my Tuition fees during my Precas interview. Is it compulsory I use his account for the POF to get my CAS or can I also make use of mine ? Because the money is in my account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by BrosMayowa(m): 10:16pm On Oct 11, 2022
Curious question: why do they ask us to look into the camera, say our name and DOB??

To what end? Just curious.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bellakay: 10:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
Has anyone use their Nigerian card to pay for visa application and it went through. They keep rejecting my payment. Please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Josy18ng: 11:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
Hello,
I need your advice about this. I applied for a UK visit visa around 8th of August 2022, and i was refused 10th of October 2022 due to d fact that the visa officer feels that my monthly expenses is too low to what I declared. But my point is that, I just got a better job around that same august after my biometric and I wish you reapply again after 6months, hope it won't complicate my chances cos I had a different job in my previous application that was refused but I move on for a better job I got around august. Pls advice . Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 11:34pm On Oct 11, 2022
Josy18ng:
Hello,
I need your advice about this. I applied for a UK visit visa around 8th of August 2022, and i was refused 10th of October 2022 due to d fact that the visa officer feels that my monthly expenses is too low to what I declared. But my point is that, I just got a better job around that same august after my biometric and I wish you reapply again after 6months, hope it won't complicate my chances cos I had a different job in my previous application that was refused but I move on for a better job I got around august. Pls advice . Thank you.

You can explain all that in your application

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Josy18ng: 11:38pm On Oct 11, 2022
Okay I understand but when do you think it's d best time to reapply??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 11:47pm On Oct 11, 2022
bellakay:
Has anyone use their Nigerian card to pay for visa application and it went through. They keep rejecting my payment. Please help

I believe you will need to use dollar funded card (like UBA dollar prepaid card).

The problem about this card is that you will need to source or buy dollars from black market then take it to the bank to load into your prepaid card before you can use it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 12:05am On Oct 12, 2022
Josy18ng:
Okay I understand but when do you think it's d best time to reapply??

You don't have to wait six months or 1 year. You are free to reapply whenever you feel that your circumstances have changed and that you can address the reasons your previous application was refused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pheranmie(m): 12:08am On Oct 12, 2022
Hi everyone
Myself and my wife just go to the uk
We are finding it’s difficult to get any apartment here.Airbnb has drained us. Please does anyone here has a contact or WhatsApp group where we can get houses

My WhatsApp number

Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Akpuoru: 1:30am On Oct 12, 2022
hunee:
Is it up to six weeks? Calculate
. I just calculated it to be exactly 5wks now

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (618) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Blessedsteph

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72