Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (852040 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Umegoejiofor(m): 11:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
Thanks,I really appreciate.i will get back to you when I am ready.

First of all, why is the company sending you an invitation?

Secondly, you will have to submit your personal bank statement (six months), you can also submit your business account bank statement to show business is active. CAC documents are also needed if your business is registered, but make sure your business says active on CAC portal as a lot of people here have been refused because of that. Someone named softlife here can help you with that if you have any issues. Proof of family ties, like if you are married, your marriage certificate, family Photos, children birth certificate etc. Utility bill of your current residence, if you have any property include the documents. Cover letter to explain any irregularities of amount of money in your account, also explaining the purpose of your trip. Maybe hotel reservation since you don’t have to pay immediately. No flight booking needed. Make sure the cost of your trip should not be more than 3 times your disposable income.

Make sure your account is run very well and no depositing of lump sum in there. Should in case of any, explain it in the cover letter.

Some documents I mentioned here might seem irrelevant, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. And in all you do, just try to convince the ECO that the intention of your trip is genuine.

Hope this helps?

Goodluck [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by whiteMandingo: 11:30pm On Oct 26, 2022
PhoebeLeigh95:

What day of the week did you submit your application?

monday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sammiy: 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
ekpotek:

You have a bright chance to get the visa, if you reapply immediately. Yes state you savings as additional income and tick savings. If the source of fund in your dorm account comes from your salary, you will have to itemize these transactions by highlighting it in your salary bank statement and dorm account. I can assist you to write a cover letter if you want.

Turned out you were right.

VISA ALERT

First refusal in July 2022, major issue was that VO wasnt satisfied that my economic circumstance could accommodate my vacation.
Re-applied in August and stated clearly that VO did not consider my dorm account in arriving at a decision.
Bio-metrics: August 18th
Travel document dispatch mail: October 25th
Passport received: October 26th
6 moths visit visa granted.....first timer and no travel history.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 11:57pm On Oct 26, 2022
Congratulations.
sammiy:

Turned out you were right.

VISA ALERT

First refusal in July 2022, major issue was that VO wasnt satisfied that my economic circumstance could accommodate my vacation.
Re-applied in August and stated clearly that VO did not consider my dorm account in arriving at a decision.
Bio-metrics: August 18th
Travel document dispatch mail: October 25th
Passport received: October 26th
6 moths visit visa granted.....first timer and no travel history.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by whiteMandingo: 12:19am On Oct 27, 2022
for those who made requsets for pta, especially acces bank, which option did you choose for the pta?, as i learnt paying into the access travel card is easier and faster...but such card isnt listed on the options....

2ndly....is uba fast at processing this pta requests

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Malevonent: 12:22am On Oct 27, 2022
i booked uk visa with premium lounge option, now i want to change date..and they want me to pay another premium lounge fee, not withstanding that i had paid earlier...these people are just fleecing nigerians. i learnt one can ask for refund under cerrtain circumstances...so if i go ahead and pay for this premium lounge...am i eligible to ask and get refund of the first premuim lounge i paid for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:27am On Oct 27, 2022
How long after expiration of previous 1st UK standard Visitor visa can one reapply for another one. Intending applicant did not overstay the expired visa as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:10am On Oct 27, 2022
Malevonent:
i booked uk visa with premium lounge option, now i want to change date..and they want me to pay another premium lounge fee, not withstanding that i had paid earlier...these people are just fleecing nigerians. i learnt one can ask for refund under cerrtain circumstances...so if i go ahead and pay for this premium lounge...am i eligible to ask and get refund of the first premuim lounge i paid for?
u wont get refund… tls will drag their leg so stick to your date if you dnt want to lose your money
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Weany: 6:12am On Oct 27, 2022
Good morning

Application done
Biometrics done
Received email for passport collection.

Please what’s the possible decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 7:05am On Oct 27, 2022
Go and collect your passport. We can not know na ,congratulations�
Weany:
Good morning

Application done
Biometrics done

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 7:12am On Oct 27, 2022
Weany:
Good morning

Application done
Biometrics done

The possible decision is that you should go there and collect your passport and see the actual decision
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by earthrealm(m): 7:19am On Oct 27, 2022
Hold my passport option,
When visa is granted, and you are asked to send ur passport back for the visa to be attached, how long does it take b4 this is done and passport sent back or is ready for collection?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Auntyabbey: 7:25am On Oct 27, 2022
Good morning everyone.

Please can anyone recommend universities in the UK that accept HND for masters and what time should we look out for admission.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 8:30am On Oct 27, 2022
Weany:
Good morning

Application done
Biometrics done

If no refusal email from UKVI, then congratulations!

You probably got the visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Trancoll: 9:14am On Oct 27, 2022
Good morning everyone
Please I need help on this
My sister is inviting me for her graduation coming up in December, she is ready to submit her bank statement as a sponsor. I work with federal govt in a university and also with my husband but they are owing my husband 8months salary (ASSU) meaning He can’t submit his own bank statement as a sponsor.

My questions is this; How do I bring my husband into the picture so uk vi won’t think I’m running away?
My husband also transferred 1.5m into my account as uk travel expenses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:50am On Oct 27, 2022
Trancoll:
Good morning everyone
Please I need help on this
My sister is inviting me for her graduation coming up in December, she is ready to submit her bank statement as a sponsor. I work with federal govt in a university and also with my husband but they are owing my husband 8months salary (ASSU) meaning He can’t submit his own bank statement as a sponsor.

My questions is this; How do I bring my husband into the picture so uk vi won’t think I’m running away?
My husband also transferred 1.5m into my account as uk travel expenses.

I think something like this was discussed here before. Your sister can submit her bank statement since She Is Sponsoring.

But my concern is that your husband already gave you 1.5 million as travel expenses, so Would there really be any need for your sister sponsoring?

Maybe Your sister can only write you a letter of invitation. However, if she will be paying for part of the trip, then it can be stated on your application form and why. In that case, she can submit her account statement to show she can pay for part of the trip as stated.

Now I would believe the 1.5 million isn’t for account boosting? If not, that’s a no no. But if it’s for travel expenses like you said, then your husband can also write a letter declaring he gave you the 1.5 million and why. I think he will need to show his bank statement to prove he earns so much to give you that amount as travel expenses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stenvee: 10:27am On Oct 27, 2022
Hello house
I want to apply for a visiting visa for my mum and I need guidance on the documents to submit and how much I should have in my UK account as the sponsor.

Anyone who has successfully invited someone should please put me through embarassed
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sWrights2012: 11:14am On Oct 27, 2022
You may consider University of South Wales and University of Bedfordshire (Though relevant/cognate work experience (5years above) and strong SOP are significant factors).
My partner was considered for MSc. directly into these universities with her HND.

I wish you luck.

Auntyabbey:
Good morning everyone.

Please can anyone recommend universities in the UK that accept HND for masters and what time should we look out for admission.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Trancoll: 11:18am On Oct 27, 2022
Mrmoney90:

I think something like this was discussed here before. Your sister can submit her bank statement since She Is Sponsoring.

But my concern is that your husband already gave you 1.5 million as travel expenses, so Would there really be any need for your sister sponsoring?

Maybe Your sister can only write you a letter of invitation. However, if she will be paying for part of the trip, then it can be stated on your application form and why. In that case, she can submit her account statement to show she can pay for part of the trip as stated.

Now I would believe the 1.5 million isn’t for account boosting? If not, that’s a no no. But if it’s for travel expenses like you said, then your husband can also write a letter declaring he gave you the 1.5 million and why. I think he will need to show his bank statement to prove he earns so much to give you that amount as travel expenses.

Thank you for your response
God bless
The 1.5 was transferred into my personal savings account which already has abt 600k as my savings since January, My salary account has about 200k in it,will only the salary acc be enough to show along side my sisters account statement ?
“Kindly advise how much should be in my account for poof of fund or account boosting for the purpose of visit because it isn't stated on the uk govt website, unlike student visa that is clearly stated”
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stenvee: 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2022
yemology:
Hello house please iam trying to apply visiting visa for mum though am on maternity leave will be resuming back soon working with NHS and my balance statement is 4k)pounds. Please did I need to include my mum statement BC iam the one the one sponsoring her. Please is there any information I need to include in the application.
Also my mom is retired am trying to include her retirement document plus her land properties and she has 550k in her account too . Please I need advice

Hello, please how did your application go?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stenvee: 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2022
yemology:
Visa alert
My mum biometrics 17th march
I got a call about her application on 25 th of April
Picked up visa today.
More testimony today.

Can I dm you please?
I need some guidance as I'm about applying for my mum too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Weany: 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2022
Weany:
Good morning

Application done
Biometrics done

Thanks Guys. Your suggestions were spot on. Just got my passport with the VISA

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 1:14pm On Oct 27, 2022
Congratulations.
Weany:

Thanks Guys. Your suggestions were spot on. Just got my passport with the VISA
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2022
Thegamingorca:
How long after expiration of previous 1st UK standard Visitor visa can one reapply for another one. Intending applicant did not overstay the expired visa as well.

You can apply before or after your visa expires.

It all depends on your travel date. Applicants can apply for a visa 90 days before their intended travel date.

Since your visa has expired, you can apply for a new one immediately, at least 90 days before your travel date.

Because of slow visa application processing, some applicants apply way over 3 months before their intended travel dates.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2022
Trancoll:

Thank you for your response
God bless
The 1.5 was transferred into my personal savings account which already has abt 600k as my savings since January, My salary account has about 200k in it,will only the salary acc be enough to show along side my sisters account statement ?
“Kindly advise how much should be in my account for poof of fund or account boosting for the purpose of visit because it isn't stated on the uk govt website, unlike student visa that is clearly stated”

I will advise that you shouldn’t make the mistake of boosting your account for visit visa purpose. That’s a dead end for a refusal. The ECO is not interested in how much bank balance you have but by how well your account is run and how it affects your application, both inflow and outflow. So you have to be very careful.

Good thing for you that you have a sponsor. Since your sister is going to cover full sponsorship for your trip, then she will have to show proof that she has sufficient funds to cover for your trip as well as her own personal circumstances there in the Uk. She will provide you with a letter as well, stating she is inviting you and why she will be paying towards your trip.

Question: How does she survive in the uk? What type of job does she do and how much does she earn? All these are factors that would be looked into when considering your application. Maybe if she has 5000 pounds balance, that could suffice for the account.

More so, since your sister is sponsoring, there is no problem with your salary account balance as you are not the one paying for the trip. All the ECO wants is to see that your salary inflow is regular and constant as that is how your personal circumstance here in Nigeria will be judged.

You also need to include your savings account statement. There is a portion on the form that says if you have any savings, you can say yes there.

You will need a letter of absence from work (leave), and also another one stating your job contract as well as how much you earn.

Your sister will attach her ID or passport. If you will be staying with her, she will also provide her utility bill. She can also provide you with pay slips if she has any

For your personal circumstances, do you have children? How long have you been married? You can include these details as well as documentation to prove them, such as marriage certificate, your children’s birth certificate etc.

As for the money your husband gave to you, that can be a red flag, as the ECO would assume it’s for account boosting. So I would suggest you say the money your husband sent is the money he wants to either use to purchase goods or maybe pay rent and he only sent it to your account to avoid using it for something else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Scandinavian: 2:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
Hello Everyone, I've been trying to book flight on British Airways now and cannot make the payment with my dollar MasterCard. How do one pay for flights on British Airways site, or is there a trick to it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmadeusCho: 2:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
Hey folks has anyone successfully switch from student visa to spouse visa? And how lond did it take to make the switch. Did mine since July and biometric august still haven’t heard from home office
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Trancoll: 3:03pm On Oct 27, 2022
Mrmoney90:

I will advise that you shouldn’t make the mistake of boosting your account for visit visa purpose. That’s a dead end for a refusal. The ECO is not interested in how much bank balance you have but by how well your account is run and how it affects your application, both inflow and outflow. So you have to be very careful.

Good thing for you that you have a sponsor. Since your sister is going to cover full sponsorship for your trip, then she will have to show proof that she has sufficient funds to cover for your trip as well as her own personal circumstances there in the Uk. She will provide you with a letter as well, stating she is inviting you and why she will be paying towards your trip.

Question: How does she survive in the uk? What type of job does she do and how much does she earn? All these are factors that would be looked into when considering your application. Maybe if she has 5000 pounds balance, that could suffice for the account.

More so, since your sister is sponsoring, there is no problem with your salary account balance as you are not the one paying for the trip. All the ECO wants is to see that your salary inflow is regular and constant as that is how your personal circumstance here in Nigeria will be judged.

You also need to include your savings account statement. There is a portion on the form that says if you have any savings, you can say yes there.

You will need a letter of absence from work (leave), and also another one stating your job contract as well as how much you earn.

Your sister will attach her ID or passport. If you will be staying with her, she will also provide her utility bill. She can also provide you with pay slips if she has any

For your personal circumstances, do you have children? How long have you been married? You can include these details as well as documentation to prove them, such as marriage certificate, your children’s birth certificate etc.

As for the money your husband gave to you, that can be a red flag, as the ECO would assume it’s for account boosting. So I would suggest you say the money your husband sent is the money he wants to either use to purchase goods or maybe pay rent and he only sent it to your account to avoid using it for something else.

God bless you sir
I really appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

You can apply before or after your visa expires.

It all depends on your travel date. Applicants can apply for a visa 90 days before their intended travel date.

Since your visa has expired, you can apply for a new one immediately, at least 90 days before your travel date.

Because of slow visa application processing, some applicants apply way over 3 months before their intended travel dates.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 9:15pm On Oct 27, 2022
Gud evening guys...

Am thinking of going to d TLS for my passport collection tomorrow but I didn't receive a mail collection...
Today makes d 10th working days i submitted my passport for Visa stamp after a successful administrative review email..

Wats my chances of getting my passport tomorrow?...
Pls ur advise guys...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Apostlelong(m): 9:25pm On Oct 27, 2022
Good evening house. Please I got my collection mail today and I used dhl, is it possible I get it delivered tomorrow and also I will not be at home tomorrow can it be received by any of my family member
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by xterra2(m): 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2022
whiteMandingo:
for those who made requsets for pta, especially acces bank, which option did you choose for the pta?, as i learnt paying into the access travel card is easier and faster...but such card isnt listed on the options....

2ndly....is uba fast at processing this pta requests

The option i go for is Cash, this asks how would you like to collect the PTA ?

Please note even if you select cash, as of May 2022 when i applied, UBA gives $500 cash and then load the remaining $3,500 on a prepaid dollar card which you can use to withdraw the remaining $3,500 in atms abroad (assuming you applied for $4,000)

Banks are having low forex with many people waiting on the list so it would take time, find someone to ASSIST you so you get yours on time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.