Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (834588 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ibagbea: 5:54pm On Oct 24, 2022
Mjolnir:

author=ibagbea post=117833353]Please can anyone here confirm if travelwings is legit to book flight from?

Are they cheaper than wakanow?
Not sure
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ibagbea: 5:54pm On Oct 24, 2022
Does Emirates airlines require transit Visa? And hope there won't be problem with this new visa ban on Nigeria in Dubai? If anyone could answer this,I don't want problem for myself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:03pm On Oct 24, 2022
Malevonent:
Do american citizens/kids born in the usa need visa to travel to UK?

EDIT: Yes they have american passports
visit visa - no, work/student visa dependents- yes

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by karferguso(m): 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2022
VISA ALERT!!
6 months Visit Visa

Biometric- Thursday, 20th
Pick up email- Monday, 24th
Collection- Monday, 24th

Declared one UK visit refusal

Super Priority

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
ibagbea:
Does Emirates airlines require transit Visa? And hope there won't be problem with this new visa ban on Nigeria in Dubai? If anyone could answer this,I don't want problem for myself.

Yes they do. Try Ethiopia Airlines or Rwanda Air. Or if you have the money, try Virgin or British Airways as they are both direct flights to Uk

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
karferguso:
VISA ALERT!!
6 months Visit Visa

Biometric- Thursday, 20th
Pick up email- Monday, 24th
Collection- Monday, 24th

Declared one UK visit refusal

Super Priority

Congratulations! How much was the cost of the super priority?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olasco001: 7:52pm On Oct 24, 2022
Congratulations

What are the list documents submitted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Teslas: 11:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
Teslas:
Dear Guru in the house,

Please, I submitted an application in August on behalf of my sister, I didn't send a paid mail and didn't do anything but wait. So, I received a message from TLS now that the document and passport are ready for collection.

I have read in the thread that some people receive refusal mail.

My question is does it mean that the visa has been granted as there was no refusal mail?

Does that proof automatic that the visa has been granted?

Thanks in advance

On this, the Visa was granted.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by GraysonDJ: 1:41am On Oct 25, 2022
Teslas:

please what did you do? My mom just received a collection mail and nothing fromUKVI.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NanaOne1: 1:46am On Oct 25, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Depends on the category of your visa. What type of visa did you apply for?

Standard visitor. I read somewhere here where a complaint was made and the refusal decision was reviewed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:56am On Oct 25, 2022
ibagbea:

I dnt get why you see an airline has issues with govt/visa ban on Nigerians and so many back and forths and you still want to purchase a ticket from them… you dnt like your money or how?
Once it looks like stress, you people should save your mental health and check elsewhere

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 8:22am On Oct 25, 2022
ibagbea:

Transit visa not required. I don’t think you will have problem since you are only connecting from their country to another country.

Also, visa ban and entry ban are two different things. People with visas can still go in but they should expect more screening than before.

The best thing is for you to check with the airlines.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 8:37am On Oct 25, 2022
Malevonent:
Do american citizens/kids born in the usa need visa to travel to UK?

EDIT: Yes they have american passports

American passport holder doesn’t need visa to travel to UK

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by zube01(m): 8:54am On Oct 25, 2022
Hello guys. I need advice and help. So I made a visiting visa application to.the uk for my fiancée since the 12th of September. Its almost 3 months now. I have sent paid mails. And exacalated the issue. But no concrete response. The paid mail I didn't get a response. And when I call they say they can only excalate further. Pls any advice on how to go about this issue or how to deal with this pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:23am On Oct 25, 2022
Teslas:

I told you it will be granted. A big congratulations to your sister.

Safe trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:24am On Oct 25, 2022
GraysonDJ:
please what did you do? My mom just received a collection mail and nothing fromUKVI.

Congratulations too to your mom.. start checking for flights for her.

Safe trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:25am On Oct 25, 2022
NanaOne1:

Standard visitor. I read somewhere here where a complaint was made and the refusal decision was reviewed

Although there is no right to appeal to visit visas, but you can try sending a paid mail to them. They will respond accordingly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2022
zube01:
Hello guys. I need advice and help. So I made a visiting visa application to.the uk for my fiancée since the 12th of September. Its almost 3 months now. I have sent paid mails. And exacalated the issue. But no concrete response. The paid mail I didn't get a response. And when I call they say they can only excalate further. Pls any advice on how to go about this issue or how to deal with this pls?

What was the response on the paid mail, if any? Because I doubt they won’t respond to a paid mail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by zube01(m): 10:26am On Oct 25, 2022
Mrmoney90:

What was the response on the paid mail, if any? Because I doubt they won’t respond to a paid mail.
no response yet. Today makes it six days since the paid mail. Only response was the mail has been received and that they would aim to respond within 5 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Malevonent: 10:47am On Oct 25, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Congratulations! How much was the cost of the super priority?

SUPERPRIORITY IS 950 GBP --- THEY SAID VISA WOULD BE PROCESSED WITHIN 24HRS, IF YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS

PRIORITY VISA IS 250 POUNDS...VISA IS OUT IN 5 WORKING DAYS.

Note the above costs are just for the appointment, your visa fee is separate based on how many years you applied for
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sWrights2012: 11:05am On Oct 25, 2022
Greetings friends,

I was notified through a paid call to UKVI yesterday (24/10/22) that a decision has been made on my visa application. The representative said I should be expecting a collection email from TLS.

Tracker is still at DMC..

Please from experience, how long does it take to get a collection mail after decision has been made.

Biometrics: Septermber 2

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PhoebeLeigh95: 11:06am On Oct 25, 2022
whiteMandingo:

Thanks, so while booking for mine, i was able to get priority visa, but when i finished and attempted to book same for my spouse, it was no longer available. does anybody know if the priority option will become available again this wk?.

also, anybody has an idea of the current processing times for normal visa applications?

What day of the week did you submit your application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jagbasneh(m): 11:09am On Oct 25, 2022
Good morning guru in the house quick one please, main applicate has is visa and still in Nigeria waiting for his dependant baby visa to out and travel with the baby together. the main applicate vignette will going to expire on December 12th. Hope there would be any issues at the port of entry with the vignette if the main applicate travel middle of November
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 11:39am On Oct 25, 2022
zube01:
no response yet. Today makes it six days since the paid mail. Only response was the mail has been received and that they would aim to respond within 5 days.

5 business days. Saturday, Sunday and UK public holiday are not included
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 11:55am On Oct 25, 2022
Malevonent:

SUPERPRIORITY IS 950 GBP --- THEY SAID VISA WOULD BE PROCESSED WITHIN 24HRS, IF YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS

PRIORITY VISA IS 250 POUNDS...VISA IS OUT IN 5 WORKING DAYS.

Note the above costs are just for the appointment, your visa fee is separate based on how many years you applied for

Nice you took the risk and got lucky. I couldn’t take that risk o because I have lost so much already this period that I couldn’t afford another loss.. Anyways, congratulations once again..

Cheers and do have a safe and pleasant trip!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:57am On Oct 25, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Nice you took the risk and got lucky. I couldn’t take that risk o because I have lost so much already this period that I couldn’t afford another loss.. Anyways, congratulations once again..

Cheers and do have a safe and pleasant trip!

Onye your moniker? Mr.........90?[
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 11:59am On Oct 25, 2022
zube01:

Send another paid mail. This time around, let them know you have made previous enquiries with no response from them till date.

Remind them of the enquiry you made and how they failed to get back to you within the stated 5 working days timeframe. I’m sure you will get a response.

Make sure the content of your email is fierce, though not too fierce, because you only want to let them know of your disappointment towards their service and not to create further problems for yourself.

Goodluck with that in advance.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2022
sWrights2012:
Greetings friends,

I was notified through a paid call to UKVI yesterday (24/10/22) that a decision has been made on my visa application. The representative said I should be expecting a collection email from TLS.

Tracker is still at DMC..

Please from experience, how long does it take to get a collection mail after decision has been made.

Biometrics: Septermber 2

Thank you.

10 working days. If no mail, then you contact them.

And if you didn’t get any refusal mail from UKVI, congratulations in advance as well.

Goodluck and cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 12:02pm On Oct 25, 2022
jagbasneh:
Good morning guru in the house quick one please, main applicate has is visa and still in Nigeria waiting for his dependant baby visa to out and travel with the baby together. the main applicate vignette will going to expire on December 12th. Hope there would be any issues at the port of entry with the vignette if the main applicate travel middle of November

As long as it hasn’t expired before main applicant’s trip, he/she is good to go.

Regards

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 12:04pm On Oct 25, 2022
leef2022:

Lol, what do you mean precisely because I don’t understand.

Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2022
leef2022:

I just read again in Igbo to understand you. LMAO, you’re not ok. So my mission should be throwing away money?

LOL �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 12:16pm On Oct 25, 2022
Mrmoney90:

I just read again in Igbo to understand you. LMAO, you’re not ok. So my mission should be throwing away money?
[b][/b]
LOL �

Na why u no suppose deh do paid mails/calls after tourist/standard visa refusal, if not na mission excuted you deh do so.

Best you do is send complaint msg in such scenario(free of charge and e no go purge ur belle) if you feel u have been wrongly refused or jeje correct mistake and reapply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (618) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: dimejalex(m), hunee and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.