Stats: 3,151,867 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (827486 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (613) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:18am On Oct 26, 2022
MusingsOfALady:
Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the help you give. I have a few questions.

1. Do you need your travel ticket to request for your PTA or just your visa?

2. If you are travelling with children, can you buy more than $4k for the trip?

3. Which banks are the best in giving PTA?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:23am On Oct 26, 2022
Jocabasa:

Thanks Giselle, Mr money n Leef2022....

I thought d Tb certificate will b presented at d UK airport my wife was asked to show her own at d airport...
Secondly most flight on WAKANOW ar Lufthansa, KLM n Airfrance which transit visa wil b required..
TOUCHDOWN n TRAVELSTART av cheaper flights n ok bt I dnt know if anyone on dis platform as book wit any of dem
If you like your life don't book with wakanow or travelstart or any third party for that matter. Better go straight to the airline website and pay. I don't think anyone with Nigerian kpali in their right senses will book those cheap flights you are seeing from KLM, Lufthansa, airfrance. grin

If you like yourself just cough up money and book either Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, turkey or Qatar
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:34am On Oct 26, 2022
Olasco001:
Good afternoon Gurus please kindly advice me on theses please

I explain everything to my boss this morning , about the outcome of my Spain tourists Visa ,But my boss have travel to Uk before and he have Gambia Residence, But according to him he said we can Look for Conference that’s holding in France or Uk during December or January then we can go together
Remember he has travel history to Uk �� without Overstay, and he have Gambia residents too

Please what is my chances if my passport included with his own

You are not even remotely related. No two applications are judged by the same metric. You need to appear for your own biometric.

You need to be abreast with the visa processes to understand what is required from you.

Go and read from page 1
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 4:23am On Oct 26, 2022
Thegamingorca:

If you like your life don't book with wakanow or travelstart or any third party for that matter. Better go straight to the airline website and pay. I don't think anyone with Nigerian kpali in their right senses will book those cheap flights you are seeing from KLM, Lufthansa, airfrance. grin

If you like yourself just cough up money and book either Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, turkey or Qatar

Nigerian passport holders with a Schengen visa, transit visa, or residency card from any of the Schengen countries may book flights on KLM, Lufthansa, or Air France.

If you have a valid visa or resident permit from Canada, the United States, or Japan in your passport, you are also good to go.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 5:03am On Oct 26, 2022
Olasco001:
Good afternoon Gurus please kindly advice me on theses please

I explain everything to my boss this morning , about the outcome of my Spain tourists Visa ,But my boss have travel to Uk before and he have Gambia Residence, But according to him he said we can Look for Conference that’s holding in France or Uk during December or January then we can go together
Remember he has travel history to Uk �� without Overstay, and he have Gambia residents too

Please what is my chances if my passport included with his own

You are showing too much desperation, which can lead to another rejection. Leave your boss out of this.

You know why your visa was refused the other time. Work on that reason.

Also, you can ask questions from successful applicants. Know the documents they submitted with their applications.

Also, be prepared to explain those large credits in your account. Those credits that are not your salary. 10 million naira in your account will not get you a visa if you can’t explain the source.

Support your application with a good cover letter.

Finally, be able to convince whoever looks at your application that your intention is genuine. Let them be convinced that you are coming back home after your vacation visit. Don’t show any desperation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by zube01(m): 7:05am On Oct 26, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Ok, if you made the application on behalf of your fiancé,

You can say something like:

To whom it may concern,

I would wish to understand the situation with the visa application I made on behalf of my fiancé.

I did make a paid mail in that regard and the response I got indicated that I would get a feedback within 5 working days. By my calendar, it has been more than 5 working days since the mail and no feedback yet.

It is actually a frustrating situation for me at this point and I would kindly like to be updated on the current situation with this application, as it is already 3 months since submission of application and biometrics.

I await your swift response in this regard.

Thank you.

Hope this helps..

Cheers!
yeah it does. Thank you very much. God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Umegoejiofor(m): 8:04am On Oct 26, 2022
Good evening, please I will like your input,I want to apply for UK visa.i import goods from UK and I have documents that prove it(bill of loading with my passport and shop address)the company that load always load my goods want to send me invitation.please which bank statement did I need to submit?my business account or saving account and which other documents I need to submit with the bank statement and bill of lading
(Modify) (Quote) (Report
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 8:34am On Oct 26, 2022
Umegoejiofor:
Good evening, please I will like your input,I want to apply for UK visa.i import goods from UK and I have documents that prove it(bill of loading with my passport and shop address)the company that load always load my goods want to send me invitation.please which bank statement did I need to submit?my business account or saving account and which other documents I need to submit with the bank statement and bill of lading
(Modify) (Quote) (Report

First of all, why is the company sending you an invitation?

Secondly, you will have to submit your personal bank statement (six months), you can also submit your business account bank statement to show business is active. CAC documents are also needed if your business is registered, but make sure your business says active on CAC portal as a lot of people here have been refused because of that. Someone named softlife here can help you with that if you have any issues. Proof of family ties, like if you are married, your marriage certificate, family Photos, children birth certificate etc. Utility bill of your current residence, if you have any property include the documents. Cover letter to explain any irregularities of amount of money in your account, also explaining the purpose of your trip. Maybe hotel reservation since you don’t have to pay immediately. No flight booking needed. Make sure the cost of your trip should not be more than 3 times your disposable income.

Make sure your account is run very well and no depositing of lump sum in there. Should in case of any, explain it in the cover letter.

Some documents I mentioned here might seem irrelevant, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. And in all you do, just try to convince the ECO that the intention of your trip is genuine.

Hope this helps?

Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by knightingale: 9:06am On Oct 26, 2022
Good morning everyone, I want to attach my husband’s International passport info page to his consent letter but his passport has expired. Is it okay to to attach this expired passport or better to attach his another valid ID card like Driver’s License, National ID card. Please I need your input , thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:01am On Oct 26, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

Nigerian passport holders with a Schengen visa, transit visa, or residency card from any of the Schengen countries may book flights on KLM, Lufthansa, or Air France.

If you have a valid visa or resident permit from Canada, the United States, or Japan in your passport, you are also good to go.

If you have any of the above listed visa qualifications by my oga ashiri then by all means go for the European flights.

If however you don't have a Schengen visa or resident permit then flee far away
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fibonacci2526: 10:01am On Oct 26, 2022
Jocabasa:
Blessed members in dis house I greet u all....

U guys ar really doing a great job here... I mean a very gud one, giving hope to d hopeless n giving advise n directions to d lost n confused applicant on Visa n traveling matters...

I really appreciate u guys for ur support n advise wen I was going through alot on my ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW process...

Bliv me guys av bin trouble since I got a mail of successful visa application n no visa sticker on my passport... Today makes it 8working days i submit back my passport to TLS n no response frm dem....

My question is dis....My TB test certificate wil expire on d 5th November n am thinking of booking a flight for 2nd November wit d hope of getting back my passport before den because ticket is cheaper for November 2nd n to get to UK before my Tb certificate expire... Is it proper making dis decision or not?

Pls guys advise on dis wil b highly appreciated.

Go to TLS to pick up your passport, they will not call you. Don't wait.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 11:16am On Oct 26, 2022
Mrmoney90:

As for your TB certificate, you have nothing to worry about as you only needed it for visa application. So Leef and Giselle are both correct.

I have added an attachment to that regard.

Cheers and safe trip in advance

Thanks Mr money I appreciate God bless uu...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 11:22am On Oct 26, 2022
Thegamingorca:

Thegamingorca thanks i appreciate ur concern n care for me God bless uu...

I don't know if dis airlines u mention office ar around.. I mean if u know dia office address or if uv booked wit dem before...
Pls kindly send me dia address or contact...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 11:38am On Oct 26, 2022
knightingale:
Good morning everyone, I want to attach my husband’s International passport info page to his consent letter but his passport has expired. Is it okay to to attach this expired passport or better to attach his another valid ID card like Driver’s License, National ID card. Please I need your input , thank you so much

You can attach another valid ID
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by gutter: 11:49am On Oct 26, 2022
Okay
Thank you for your response
Ashirioluwa:

You can use any including school teachers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by knightingale: 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mrmoney90:

You can attach another valid ID
Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by zube01(m): 1:10pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Ok, if you made the application on behalf of your fiancé,

You can say something like:

To whom it may concern,

I would wish to understand the situation with the visa application I made on behalf of my fiancé.

I did make a paid mail in that regard and the response I got indicated that I would get a feedback within 5 working days. By my calendar, it has been more than 5 working days since the mail and no feedback yet.

It is actually a frustrating situation for me at this point and I would kindly like to be updated on the current situation with this application, as it is already 3 months since submission of application and biometrics.

I await your swift response in this regard.

Thank you.

Hope this helps..

Cheers!
so I replied them with this and this was the response I got back

Dear

please provide the following details:

Full Name:
Date of Birth:
GWF number:
IHS number:
Passport number:
Place of submission:
Type of Visa applied for:
Date of biometrics:
Nationality:
E-mail address used on application:

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

I have responded to the mail with the necessary requirements. What do u think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 1:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
zube01:
so I replied them with this and this was the response I got back

Dear

please provide the following details:

Full Name:
Date of Birth:
GWF number:
IHS number:
Passport number:
Place of submission:
Type of Visa applied for:
Date of biometrics:
Nationality:
E-mail address used on application:

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

I have responded to the mail with the necessary requirements. What do u think?

That’s a good one. Expect a feedback from them soonest, and I’m sure it will be a positive outcome.

Goodluck and safe trip in advance

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
If you are applied for school or work the duration of your visa would be on your BRP that you will go and collect at the post office when you arrive UK, while the date written on your visa is your validity date you have to travel to Uk.

Mrmoney90:

If your flight is refundable, you can cancel it, because that correction can take a few days to a week or more for it to be made.

Good luck and cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by GraysonDJ: 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Congratulations too to your mom.. start checking for flights for her.

Safe trip
thank you she was issued her visa.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by GraysonDJ: 2:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
Teslas:

Please, tell her to go to the TLS office for her passport and only then she will know the outcome.
thank you she did and she got the visa.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
GraysonDJ:
thank you she was issued her visa.

I told you.

Safe trip to your mom!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
fibonacci2526:

Go to TLS to pick up your passport, they will not call you. Don't wait.

Thanks Fibonacci.... Experience is d best teacher dey sed... I will try jst as u advised
Pls if anyone here knw d office address of any of dis airlines...
* EGYPTAIR
* ROYAL AIR MAROC
* QATAR AIR
* KENYA AIR
*TURKISH AIR

Thanks ur feed back wil b highly appreciated...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2022
Jocabasa:

Thanks Fibonacci.... Experience is d best teacher dey sed... I will try jst as u advised
Pls if anyone here knw d office address of any of dis airlines...
* EGYPTAIR
* ROYAL AIR MAROC
* QATAR AIR
* KENYA AIR
*TURKISH AIR

Thanks ur feed back wil b highly appreciated...

You can book Turkish online directly from their website. Return tickets are currently at a thousand plus via Turkish.

You have no problem booking in their website since it’s direct from them.

But nevertheless, I have included an attachment of their offline addresses. You can visit anyone.

Goodluck

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mrmoney90:

You can book Turkish online directly from their website. Return tickets are currently at a thousand plus via Turkish.

You have no problem booking in their website since it’s direct from them.

But nevertheless, I have included an attachment of their offline addresses. You can visit anyone.

Goodluck

Thanks i appreciate....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by procky(f): 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2022
Please what letter can I write for my mum.. she has money for her visit visa and doesn't require sponsorship bus since she has two children in Uk.. what kind of letter do we write to confirm we are aware she is visiting and will visit us, though she won't be staying at our apartment. She will book a hotel. Do we need to write any support letter if yes, please which type
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2022
procky:
Please what letter can I write for my mum.. she has money for her visit visa and doesn't require sponsorship bus since she has two children in Uk.. what kind of letter do we write to confirm we are aware she is visiting and will visit us, though she won't be staying at our apartment. She will book a hotel. Do we need to write any support letter if yes, please which type

If you guys are inviting her, then a letter of invitation would suffice. Ensure to state she will be paying all cost towards her trip and that she will also be staying at a hotel throughout her trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
Jocabasa:

Thegamingorca thanks i appreciate ur concern n care for me God bless uu...

I don't know if dis airlines u mention office ar around.. I mean if u know dia office address or if uv booked wit dem before...
Pls kindly send me dia address or contact...

They have website. They have application you can download that accept naira transaction
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PhoebeLeigh95: 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2022
I am applying for a visit visa and have been looking for priority appointment since Friday last week but it isn’t coming up. What can I do please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PhoebeLeigh95: 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
Sugher:

What day of the week and time did you book yours

Hi, have you been able to find the priority option to apply for your visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2022
Does TLS still accept walk in appointments?

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (613) (Reply)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: agabusta, Josy18ng, Pebble25 and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60