Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (835697 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jojoarmani101: 9:30am On Dec 26, 2022
leef2022:

Visit gov.uk
Read on about standard Visitor Visa (6months)
thanks so much please where can i pay for the visa fee is it online or through a bank
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 9:40am On Dec 26, 2022
Jojoarmani101:
thanks so much please where can i pay for the visa fee is it online or through a bank[b][/b]

You do it on gov.uk, after you fill and submit your application.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chrisomila: 10:56am On Dec 26, 2022
Please how can i get a sponsorship letter from company in UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lilyflow: 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2022
Can someone help please. If I am applying for priority visa, do I pay separately for the visa application and separately for the priority fee or does the £250 cover for all. I did pay separately and I am wondering if I need to ask for a refund of the visa fee.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tobatele(m): 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2022
Good afternoon House. Please, I need your help on processing of visitor visa. I and my wife are already in Uk via student route, we have processed visa for the 2children and we are expecting the decision from ukvi latest this week Friday. We are now thinking of processing visa for my mother's in-law to bring the children as school and work schedules might not allow us to pick the children from Nigeria. Kindly help me with the following questions:

1. How much must the applicant has in her account?
2. The applicant is self employed, how much must be declared as monthly income?
3. Is it possible for someone who is into business to sponsor the applicant?
4. What documents must the applicant present?
I will also appreciate if you can be of help with other necessary information. My email is atobs01@gmail.com in case there is any need for it.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by isholex: 7:15pm On Dec 26, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

Your question is not clear.

Which of the visas are you applying for? UK Visit visa or UK Transit visa.

Which country is your final destination?
thanks @ Ashirioluwa my final destination is Dominica Republic please I need a guide line pls pls pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
isholex:
thanks @ Ashirioluwa my final destination is Dominica Republic please I need a guide line pls pls pls

UK transit visas are of two types.

- Direct Airside Transit Visa: Apply for this if you are not going through UK border control.

- Visitor in Transit visa: Apply for this if you’ll be going through UK border control but leaving the UK within 48 hours. If you are staying in the U.K. for more than 48 hours, you will need a Standard Visitor's Visa.

Requirements:

- Valid visa: You will need evidence of a valid visa for your final destination. In case your final destination is a visa-free country, you will need to write a letter explaining why you are visiting the country.

- Flight ticket: You need to show your flight ticket to your final destination. They required a confirmed ticket, but I don’t think this is advisable unless the ticket is refundable.

- Financial statement: It will help your application to I show your financial status. They use this to determine that you have the fund to continue your journey to your final destination.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Calypso1234(m): 12:32am On Dec 27, 2022
Good evening everyone,
I intend applying for my mum to visit my brother who is studying in the UK.
Pls I need your help on the below items:
1. Is Priority visa application available at TLScontact in Nigeria?
2. My brother builds houses & sell them on the island & he also buys & sells cars but does not have a registered company, he is currently a student in Uk & would be sponsoring my Mum’s trip. Given his current status, what documents is he expected to provide in other to show he is financially capable of sponsoring the trip?
3. My Mum’s application was refused in July this year because my brother didn’t mention his UK source of income.
He actually does a care job in UK but his main source of income is the business in Naija, what do you suggest we add to the application for my brother as the sponsor?
He has about £4,000 in his UK acct & has about N15m in his Naija account.
Pls help me my people.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MamaGiovanni: 3:03am On Dec 27, 2022
Pls experts in the house @justwise and Co.

If I have my biometrics on 4th January, can I submit bank statements from 30th November (bank statements are printed at the end of the month) on my self service portal?

Or is it better to wait for my December bank statement to be released to make for the 31 day rule for bank statements?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 3:24am On Dec 27, 2022
MamaGiovanni:
Pls experts in the house @justwise and Co.

If I have my biometrics on 4th January, can I submit bank statements from 30th November (bank statements are printed at the end of the month) on my self service portal?

Or is it better to wait for my December bank statement to be released to make for the 31 day rule for bank statements?

It's better you go to your bank and print 3 to 6 months worth of bank statement on A4 paper. (Highest 3 pages) Showing inflow and outflow. With bank stamp and signature.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by misterkelly: 3:51am On Dec 27, 2022
Hello guys.
Compliment of the season.

Please is it advisable to book for a flight via Ethiopian airlines app?
Or which is the better way to book for flight tickets.
VERY URGENT
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 6:35am On Dec 27, 2022
misterkelly:
Hello guys.
Compliment of the season.

Please is it advisable to book for a flight via Ethiopian airlines app?
Or which is the better way to book for flight tickets.
VERY URGENT

You can use the app, having in mind issues bothering networks.
Ensure you carefully enter your details correctly.

Betterstill, You visit their Victoria Island or Airport office to get it done .
Simple.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by misterkelly: 11:11am On Dec 27, 2022
Thanks bro.
I will follow suit
hunee:

You can use the app, having in mind issues bothering networks.
Ensure you carefully enter your details correctly.

Betterstill, You visit their Victoria Island or Airport office to get it done .
Simple.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2022
Good morning everyone, please i would like to ask these questions as i will be applying for a Spouse visa by January.

1. How do i scan my marriage certificate to be in A4 size?
2. Do i need police clearance for my application?
3. How long does it take to get a decision after biometric appointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:21pm On Dec 27, 2022
pls guys stop. It is not better. They are equal to each other. Your statement does not need to be stamped. UKVI is clear on this. downloaded one from bank app is fine. That’s what is used in the UK so they will not demand otherwise from any applicant.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2022
jemmyjae:
Good morning everyone, please i would like to ask these questions as i will be applying for a Spouse visa by January.
1. How do i scan my marriage certificate to be in A4 size?
2. Do i need police clearance for my application?
3. How long does it take to get a decision after biometric appointment
spouse visa or dependent visa? What visa is your spouse on?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2022
Calypso1234:
Good evening everyone,
2. My brother builds houses & sell them on the island & he also buys & sells cars but does not have a registered company, he is currently a student in Uk & would be sponsoring my Mum’s trip. Given his current status, what documents is he expected to provide in other to show he is financially capable of sponsoring the trip?
3. My Mum’s application was refused in July this year because my brother didn’t mention his UK source of income.
He actually does a care job in UK but his main source of income is the business in Naija, what do you suggest we add to the application for my brother as the sponsor?
Pls help me my people.
what is the source of the 4k pounds in his account and why did he refuse to mention his source of UK funds?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by missade(f): 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2022
Hello good ppl of God! Please does anyone have experience with the global talent visa application? The digital tech route?

We did bio on the 8th; hubby (MA), me and two kids but we’re yet to get any update. Saw that we can track it on the tls portal which we’ve done but still showing that it’s at DMC.

No mail whatsoever, pls help with the timeline for the decision or is it still same as 3 wks(15 working days)?
Thank you in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2022
giselle237:
pls guys stop. It is not better. They are equal to each other. Your statement does not need to be stamped. UKVI is clear on this. downloaded one from bank app is fine. That’s what is used in the UK so they will not demand otherwise from any applicant.

Okay then. Anything you say boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Calypso1234(m): 3:55pm On Dec 27, 2022
giselle237:
what is the source of the 4k pounds in his account and why did he refuse to mention his source of UK funds?

The 4K pounds is a combination of Naira that he converted to Pounds from Naija plus the wages for the care job he does over there in UK as a student.

It was an agent that helped him apply & the agent said there was no need to add his UK acct since the Naija account was well funded as at that time.
@giselle237 pls help me, I don’t want him to give it to an agent again that’s why I had to take it up myself because I have read it here several times that agents always put people in trouble & I have always done my own UK visa applications by myself without any refusal at all. Pls guide me Giselle.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2022
Calypso1234:

The 4K pounds is a combination of Naira that he converted to Pounds from Naija plus the wages for the care job he does over there in UK as a student.

It was an agent that helped him apply & the agent said there was no need to add his UK acct since the Naija account was well funded as at that time.
@giselle237 pls help me, I don’t want him to give it to an agent again that’s why I had to take it up myself because I have read it here several times that agents always put people in trouble & I have always done my own UK visa applications by myself without any refusal at all. Pls guide me Giselle.
Hello.
What does your mom do to earn a living and then blur out details from last refusal letter and post it here so u can get as much input as possible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 4:03pm On Dec 27, 2022
Calypso1234:
Good evening everyone,
3. My Mum’s application was refused in July this year because my brother didn’t mention his UK source of income
Pls help me my people.

This is just speculative.
Attach the refusal letter and blur out personal information.
I refuse to believe the ECO stated the bolded was the reason for the denial.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Calypso1234(m): 4:36pm On Dec 27, 2022
infosoftlife:

This is just speculative.
Attach the refusal letter and blur out personal information.
I refuse to believe the ECO stated the bolded was the reason for the denial.

Here is the refusal letter, my brother said he didn’t attach his UK account because at some point, he did more than 20 hrs per week approved for students to work in UK.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Calypso1234(m): 4:41pm On Dec 27, 2022
giselle237:

Hello.
What does your mom do to earn a living and then blur out details from last refusal letter and post it here so u can get as much input as possible

My mum does not do anything for a living, she lives in my brother’s house & all her living expenses are taken care of by my brother.
Even as my brother is in UK right now with his wife & kids, my Mum still lives in his house in Lagos.
See the refusal letter here.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:48pm On Dec 27, 2022
Calypso1234:
Here is the refusal letter, my brother said he didn’t attach his UK account because at some point, he did more than 20 hrs per week approved for students to work in UK.
If you’re a student and working against the conditions of your visa… then that’s unfortunate. No wonder you were scared to come forth with this information. Same you again you said the business in Nigeria is not registered, is inside your personal account and you’re not regulated per say. I dnt know how else to help as finances must have paper trail. It’s up to you what you want to do.
If you are her sponsor you have to provide how you make your money with evidence.
Look into your wife working and maybe she can sponsor mom or you can register the Nigerian business and prove the legitimacy of the business and say it is currently been run by the mom since you are out of the country and a student. I am unable to think of anything else
P.S Dnt know if it is u or ur brother so addressed all to you to avoid more confusion
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2022
Calypso1234:

The denial is clear. Your brother is a student, and I wonder if he invited your mom to his graduation. I already knew he was violating his visa and working more hours.
You were playing the blame game.
You won't want to hear the truth at this point. Your brother is a student. He is not in a good position to sponsor your mom.
You should be careful with all these applications you are doing because I believe in the future, he would love to convert his student visa.
Don't let the past haunt him! Abroad have a good database.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 6:47pm On Dec 27, 2022
infosoftlife:

The denial is clear. Your brother is a student, and I wonder if he invited your mom to his graduation. I already knew he was violating his visa and working more hours.[b][/b]
You were playing the blame game.
You won't want to hear the truth at this point. Your brother is a student. He is not in a good position to sponsor your mom.
You should be careful with all these applications you are doing because I believe in the future, he would love to convert his student visa.
Don't let the past haunt him! Abroad have a good database.

How did you know before hand, are you the sponsor or did you help fill the form?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 6:50pm On Dec 27, 2022
Calypso1234:

@giselle237 pls help me, I don’t want him to give it to an agent again [b][/b]that’s why I had to take it up myself because I have read it here several times that agents always put people in trouble & I have always done my own UK visa applications by myself without any refusal at all. Pls guide me Giselle.

You don't mean it, na agent do him student visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 7:21pm On Dec 27, 2022
leef2022:

How did you know before hand, are you the sponsor or did you help fill the form?

I don't know why you quoting me asking this rhetorical question but be rest assured I don't have time to go back and forth with you. Go and read between the lines where he mentioned the agent he used asked him not to include his bank statement in the UK

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2022
infosoftlife:

I don't know why you quoting me asking this rhetorical question but be rest assured I don't have time to go back and forth with you. Go and read between the lines where he mentioned the agent he used asked him not to include his bank statement in the UK

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:35pm On Dec 27, 2022
misterkelly:
Thanks bro.
I will follow suit

My Pleasure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by isholex: 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

UK transit visas are of two types.

- Direct Airside Transit Visa: Apply for this if you are not going through UK border control.

- Visitor in Transit visa: Apply for this if you’ll be going through UK border control but leaving the UK within 48 hours. If you are staying in the U.K. for more than 48 hours, you will need a Standard Visitor's Visa.

Requirements:

- Valid visa: You will need evidence of a valid visa for your final destination. In case your final destination is a visa-free country, you will need to write a letter explaining why you are visiting the country.

- Flight ticket: You need to show your flight ticket to your final destination. They required a confirmed ticket, but I don’t think this is advisable unless the ticket is refundable.

- Financial statement: It will help your application to I show your financial status. They use this to determine that you have the fund to continue your journey to your final destination.

thanks, as this is detailed but pls the direct Airside is also on the site right? Gov.uk?

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (619) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: ddre330 and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55