Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (846066 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (624) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:52pm On Dec 27, 2022
HOW TO SEND PAID MAILS OR CALLS

Send a paid mail using the link below::

https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/home

Or call them on: +44(0)300 790 6288 or +44(0)203 875 4669

Note that you will be charged for either service.

You can read more using the link below

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/something-else/english

www.gov.uk (https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/something-else/english)
Help with your visa application or other problems - Contact UK Visas and Immigration for help - GOV.UK

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Calypso1234(m): 8:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
infosoftlife:

The denial is clear. Your brother is a student, and I wonder if he invited your mom to his graduation. I already knew he was violating his visa and working more hours.
You were playing the blame game.
You won't want to hear the truth at this point. Your brother is a student. He is not in a good position to sponsor your mom.
You should be careful with all these applications you are doing because I believe in the future, he would love to convert his student visa.
Don't let the past haunt him! Abroad have a good database.

What do you suggest we do in this situation?
My mum has about N6m in her bank account which is the monthly allowance we all send to her, she doesn’t really use it like that cus she lives in my brother’s house & he takes care of all her monthly expense. So can we reapply & make her the sponsor of her trip?
If we still have to use my brother as the sponsor, can we just use his personal account in Nigeria where he received salary from his company? Then we can mention that he is a student & relies on the salary from his Naija company to survive in UK.
I am just looking for a way to make the visa work without circumventing the procedures.
Pls I need suggestions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:59pm On Dec 27, 2022
Calypso1234:

My mum has about N6m in her bank account which is the monthly allowance we all send to her, she doesn’t really use it like that cus she lives in my brother’s house & he takes care of all her monthly expense. So can we reapply & make her the sponsor of her trip?
If we still have to use my brother as the sponsor, can we just use his personal account in Nigeria where he received salary from his company? Then we can mention that he is a student & relies on the salary from his Naija company to survive in UK.
I am just looking for a way to make the visa work without circumventing the procedures.
Pls I need suggestions.

Hello.
Please address issues as regards refusal , before profering solutions.
A student can not sponsor or invite someone over .
Infosoftlife gave a distinctive reason.
If he intends to swap his visa, these things will be glaring on his database as regards conduct likely.

The best option is for your mum to sponsor her trip(self finance) and support it with necessary documents.

A student is not in best position to sponsor or invite if it was not a major ceremony like graduation.
Please pay attention to details.

Other contributions are valid if they are not advising to do otherwise.
Ps: Do not follow the trend of re apply asap, Be guided.
Goodevening
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Calypso1234(m): 9:05pm On Dec 27, 2022
giselle237:
If you’re a student and working against the conditions of your visa… then that’s unfortunate. No wonder you were scared to come forth with this information. Same you again you said the business in Nigeria is not registered, is inside your personal account and you’re not regulated per say. I dnt know how else to help as finances must have paper trail. It’s up to you what you want to do.
If you are her sponsor you have to provide how you make your money with evidence.
Look into your wife working and maybe she can sponsor mom or you can register the Nigerian business and prove the legitimacy of the business and say it is currently been run by the mom since you are out of the country and a student. I am unable to think of anything else
P.S Dnt know if it is u or ur brother so addressed all to you to avoid more confusion

I mentioned that the company is not registered because he told me it’s not active, I thought been inactive means it’s not registered with CAC. He just told me now that the company is registered but not active on the CAC portal, so I contacted a CAC person who said my brother will have to pay some amount for annual filing & he would confirm the amount tomorrow & that once that amount is paid, the company status would change to Active on CAC portal within 24 hours.
And as you have suggested, we will mention that the company is currently being run by Mum & my brother relies on the proceeds of the company since he is only a student in UK.
He actually receives salary from the company on a monthly basis, it’s a block industry & also supplies cement & other building materials like POP & stuff.

N.B: My brother is not on a japa mission, he is a student but comes to Naija every 2 months to monitor his business, he intends coming back with his family after studies. His wife is not working in the UK, she runs the business with her husband.
I really need tour suggestion pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2022
isholex:
thanks, as this is detailed but pls the direct Airside is also on the site right? Gov.uk?

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Calypso1234(m): 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2022
hunee:

Hello.
Please address issues as regards refusal , before profering solutions.
A student can not sponsor or invite someone over .
Infosoftlife gave a distinctive reason.
If he intends to swap his visa, these things will be glaring on his database as regards conduct likely.

The best option is for your mum to sponsor her trip(self finance) and support it with necessary documents.

A student is not in best position to sponsor or invite if it was not a major ceremony like graduation.
Please pay attention to details.

Other contributions are valid if they are not advising to do otherwise.
Ps: Do not follow the trend of re apply asap, Be guided.
Goodevening

Thank you very much for your suggestion & idea, it’s highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2022
infosoftlife:

I don't know why you quoting me asking this rhetorical question but be rest assured I don't have time to go back and forth with you. Go and read between the lines where he mentioned the agent he used asked him not to include his bank statement in the UK

There's nothing rhetorical about the question. An agent asking you not to supply a document doesn't mean you playing a system, it may just be from a point of ignorance or incompetence of the agent on the said thing..
it is unfair to make the op look like a demon when that may not be the case. Stop judging books by just few lines!!!
Read and read all lines before becoming a judge...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2022
Calypso1234:

Pls I need suggestions.
To activate the company status, we can discuss that via DM, or you can check my post where I referred to it here.
Don't rush the next application, as Hunee has suggested to you. Make use of this holiday period and snap enough pic of mama in Nigeria with the rest children.
You need to understand they see everyone as an intending immigrant. Traveling history is important, they prefer you come over to spend your money as a tourist and go back home
Your brother is a student with dependents to take care of over there. Still not the best option to be referencing him as the sponsor here. Your mom can self-sponsor her trip.
When you transfer money to her ensure on that little description box on the bank app you write the purpose of such transaction.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 11:10pm On Dec 27, 2022
Send a paid mail using the link below::

https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/home

Or call them on: +44(0)300 790 6288 or +44(0)203 875 4669

Note that you will be charged for either service.

You can read more using the link below

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/something-else/english
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 11:18pm On Dec 27, 2022
leef2022:

There's nothing rhetorical about the question. An agent asking you not to supply a document doesn't mean you playing a system, it may just be from a point of ignorance or incompetence of the agent on the said thing..
it is unfair to make the op look like a demon when that may not be the case. Stop judging books by just few lines!!!
Read and read all lines before becoming a judge...
I have dealt with Nigerians and know emotional blackmail when I see one.
I believe the OP has been a guest and follows this thread. The OP knows what y'all think of an agent.
Most people on Nairaland claim brother, sister, cousin, aunty, or use another moniker.
The lines make them predictable.
HONESTY is a very expensive gift.
FYI That's the same way this ECO sees our applications now...Who cares if your company was active on the CAC registry in the past?!

PS: I understand this a thing of yours, and I am not in the trading of words business!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 11:31pm On Dec 27, 2022
infosoftlife:

I believe the OP has been a guest and follows this thread. The OP knows what y'all think of an agent.
Most people on Nairaland claim brother, sister, cousin, aunty, or use another moniker.
FYI That's the same way this ECO sees our applications now...Who cares if your company was active on the CAC registry in the past?!

PS: I understand this a thing of yours, and I am not in the trading of words business!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Samvicky: 12:12am On Dec 28, 2022
Hello Gurus, please I need advice with my mum's visiting application. She is 65 years old of age and not working.

I have been in the UK for 8 Years, I have 3 kids. I & my husband has our indefinite leave to remain in the UK but all our kids are British citizens.

I am not working due to the circumstances that surrounded my last child's Birth. I am presently a student and i am receiving student finance but my husband is working and earn more than £2,500 months. My husband want to sponsor her trip.

I have not visited Nigeria since I came into UK and I'm not ready to because of my child health issues. This time we re submitting her statement of account, to support her application as she received monthly feeding allowance from us.

Please I need guide and advice on how to go about my mum's application as she was refused 3years ago because we did not submit her statement of account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 3:50am On Dec 28, 2022
Calypso1234:

Pls I need suggestions.

Your brother has a business you claim and 15m to his name and earns salaries.
Mum has 6m, which are gifts from offspring.
Brother visit naija every 2months to monitor his business.
You have always put in successful UK applications i don't see why this is difficult you.

Given the above claims.
Why does your brother need to work more than 20hrs?, To me the profile you have painted won't be working in the UK as should have some sort of financial stability, yet, not to mention a care role which is draining.
How does he meet up with studies attendance and commitment given overtime work, travel to Nigeria and spending time with family in the UK.
I think other OPs are being too nice to lead you, I don't know if they eventually help enough that you are able to indeed circumvent the decision on your next application.
But then all best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 4:03am On Dec 28, 2022
infosoftlife:

I believe the OP has been a guest and follows this thread. The OP knows what y'all think of an agent[b][/b].

AND YOU; WHAT DO YOU THINK OF AGENTS?
If you wanted to sell your services to the op, should have done so, not going about claiming to know something you don't.
come here and be claiming UK HMRC Nostrademus.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 4:52am On Dec 28, 2022
Samvicky:
Hello Gurus, please I need advice with my mum's visiting application. She is 65 years old of age and not working.

I have been in the UK for 8 Years, I have 3 kids. I & my husband has our indefinite leave to remain in the UK but all our kids are British citizens.

I am not working due to the circumstances that surrounded my last child's Birth. I am presently a student and i am receiving student finance but my husband is working and earn more than £2,500 months. My husband want to sponsor her trip.

I have not visited Nigeria since I came into UK and I'm not ready to because of my child health issues This time we re submitting her statement of account, to support her application as she received monthly feeding allowance from us.

Please I need guide and advice on how to go about my mum's application as she was refused 3years ago because we did not submit her statement of account.

Stick to the truth and state @ bolded for her visit to the UK to see her grandchildren because you can't travel with the kids.
Take advantage of this festive period and attach pictures of her with other grandchildren/family members in Nigeria, if there are any.
Attach sufficient documents to back your claims.
You will be fine!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:27am On Dec 28, 2022
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cmr2w7hvcuv/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Possible reasons for frequency of refusals.
Watch and share your views
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Teedol: 8:44am On Dec 28, 2022
*Hi, just to be 'reassured' I would like to know if UK accepts a passport with less than 6months validity, will be processing as a dependant of tier2 sponsorship visa.(settlement and dependant)*

Nchabuomo:

The UK does not require this though, i.e. you do not need a 6-month passport validity to apply for a UK visa. Just make sure that your passport is on the day you enter as your departure from the UK while making the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lastborn14(m): 12:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
Applied for tier2 visa since 2nd december till now no decision yet. Some people whom we did bio together (student visa) some have gotten brp,others collection mail while mine, no decision yet. Did a paid call still said no decision yet. Am i the only one in this ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chicadedieu: 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
Hi My People,
How are yo guys doing tickets now?
For a family of 4, the prices that are available are from 4.9M naira....
Dates are anything between now and January 9.
Minimum 10 days trip.
Any way around?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
Chicadedieu:
Hi My People,
How are yo guys doing tickets now?
For a family of 4, the prices that are available are from 4.9M naira....
Dates are anything between now and January 9.
Minimum 10 days trip.
Any way around?
Thanks

Try a later date in Jan.
Also, it may interest you sometime around midnight 02:00am and early mornings 05:00-06:00 try wakanow for some reasons they drop their ticket prices at such time. But you must be sure to fill in correct info and be fast as the prices are flash and wasted time the price would go back high....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oma6090: 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2022
Calypso1234:

Pls I need suggestions.

I will advice your brothers wife, resumes work so she can sponsor her or, you guys will gradually build her account monthly. Also your bro and the wife can jointly sponsor her..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oma6090: 1:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
Does anyone know howlong it takes to get a pickup mail for passport after a decision has been transferred to VAC. Though it is yet to show received by VAC. Biometrics was done on the 13th of December.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
Teedol:
*Hi, just to be 'reassured' I would like to know if UK accepts a passport with less than 6months validity, will be processing as a dependant of tier2 sponsorship visa.(settlement and dependant)*
yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
Calypso1234:

My mum has about N6m in her bank account which is the monthly allowance we all send to her, she doesn’t really use it like that cus she lives in my brother’s house & he takes care of all her monthly expense. .
6 million how? Accrued how?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 27autumn: 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2022
Please I need some enlightenment.

My husband is a student in the UK. I would like to go visit him in February and I have the funds to fully sponsor myself.
Since I would be staying at his place, does he need to invite me and state he is supporting with accommodation? Or do I just mention I would be staying at his place and show his tenancy agreement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ponmsi: 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2022
Good evening everyone,

Thank you to everyone who has been doing well in giving insights and answers to different questions posted here. It's greatly appreciated.

I will like to ask if anyone knows if the UKVI checks on if a company that gives recommendation letter to a staff who is applying for student Visa is active on CAC site or not?

The applicant did a priority application and has done biometrics a week ago, though it was just yesterday he got to know his employer's company is inactive on CAC.

Hope it will not lead to a refusal?
Kindly help by giving insights into the question, thank you so much...Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mallamkettle: 6:48pm On Dec 28, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:49pm On Dec 28, 2022
Ponmsi:
Hope it will not lead to a refusal?
Kindly help by giving insights into the question, thank you so much...Cheers
no
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 8:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
27autumn:
Please I need some enlightenment.

My husband is a student in the UK. I would like to go visit him in February and I have the funds to fully sponsor myself.
Since I would be staying at his place, does he need to invite me and state he is supporting with accommodation? Or do I just mention I would be staying at his place and show his tenancy agreement?

Why u no apply for dependent visa even if u dont want to stay there??
Those pple are just refusing visit visa for any small reason....ECOs are usually triggered by visitors that have people with legal stay that they easily overstay...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Samvicky: 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
@infosoftlife, thanks for your advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ancestor20199: 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
Any UK student group
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ancestor20199: 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
Telegram, WhatsApp any one pls..
ancestor20199:
Any UK student group

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (624) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.