Stats: 3,156,283 members, 7,829,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (845037 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (623) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chicadedieu: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2022
Compliments of the season everyone.

I would like to know if one must have a hotel reservation on arrival at the UK.
During visa application, my sister and her family submitted a hotel reservation. The visa came after the expected date so they cancelled the reservation (as advised on this forum).
However, my other sister and her family live in the UK and they have a big enough house.
Do they still have to do a hotel reservation even though they intend staying in my sister's place?
Does my younger sister have to give them any letter to take along in case they are being questioned on arrival at the airport?
PLEASE HELP cos it's different in France where I live.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 9:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
Chicadedieu:

During visa application, my sister and her family submitted a hotel reservation. The visa came after the expected date so they cancelled the reservation (as advised on this forum).
However, my other sister and her family live in the UK and they have a big enough house.
Do they still have to do a hotel reservation even though they intend staying in my sister's place?
Does my younger sister have to give them any letter to take along in case they are being questioned on arrival at the airport?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

You can cancel the reservation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chicadedieu: 9:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
Hello ALL,
Still me.
A question about stopovers.
Can a Nigerian passport take KLM flight from Lagos with stopover at SCHIPOL with just a UK Visa (no Schenghen transit visa)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2022
Chicadedieu:
Hello ALL,
Still me.
Can a Nigerian passport take KLM flight from Lagos with stopover at SCHIPOL with just a UK Visa (no Schenghen transit visa)?
american, japanese, canadian visas? - yes
If not available then no
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2022
giselle237:
american, japanese, canadian visas? - yes
If not available then no

No u can't, u need a transit visa to fly KLM to UK... I advise u try other airlines if is nt KLM, Airfrance n Lufthansa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 11:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
Chicadedieu:
Hello ALL,
Still me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 27autumn: 3:37am On Dec 29, 2022
advanceDNA:

Why u no apply for dependent visa even if u dont want to stay there??
Those pple are just refusing visit visa for any small reason....ECOs are usually triggered by visitors that have people with legal stay that they easily overstay...

He's still doing his BSc so can't join him on that visa. I'm hoping to use my job and parents as tie back home since their dependence on me reflects heavily in my statement of account as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 4:32am On Dec 29, 2022
27autumn:

He's still doing his BSc so can't join him on that visa. I'm hoping to use my job and parents as tie back home since their dependence on me reflects heavily in my statement of account as well.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Slawormirr: 7:24am On Dec 29, 2022

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OptimisticK: 7:52am On Dec 29, 2022
Same as me, mine was dec 5th.

Slawormirr:
I’m a Dependent, did my biometric on the 9th of Dec and since then, no single mail! No NSF, nothing and the wait is actually draining!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwaloniglory7: 7:57am On Dec 29, 2022
Is it my gross or net salary my employer will stated on my No objection letter ? Although I have my pay slip that stated my gross and net salary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ceeybee: 8:58am On Dec 29, 2022
Slawormirr:
I’m a Dependent, did my biometric on the 9th of Dec and since then, no single mail! No NSF, nothing and the wait is actually draining!

Same here I did mine on dec 2nd and till now no mail whatsoever. The waiting is really exhausting because two people I know that did theirs in November got a decision and collection mail within 10 working days. I don’t even know what to think again but it can very exhausting Abeg.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babylawyr(f): 11:05am On Dec 29, 2022
Anyone interested in booking Priority services... its now available in VI.
For biometrics, the earliest date is 11th Jan 2023 as at this morning.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wisdom7400(m): 11:05am On Dec 29, 2022
Pgift:

Please how do I go about applying for transit visa to pass through Amsterdam if I intend to fly Klm or Airfrance to UK, as I don't hv a valid US,Scheghen ..... visa...
I need information as to applying for the transit visa.
hello! did you get the transit visa? If yes, How did u do it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lexycool01(m): 11:06am On Dec 29, 2022
My brother is about to apply for student visa this January in the UK but I want to accompany him on a short visit visa. I don't know how to apply so that we can get the visa the same time and travel the same time. The plan is to assist him till he settles down since he his a first time Traveller.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nchabuomo: 11:48am On Dec 29, 2022
Teedol:
*Hi, just to be 'reassured' I would like to know if UK accepts a passport with less than 6months validity, will be processing as a dependant of tier2 sponsorship visa.(settlement and dependant)*

Last I am aware they do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lilyflow: 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
babylawyr:

I have been on it but can't get a date. I am also trying to book a flexi appointment. Could that be the reason I am not getting a date? Please help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mallamkettle: 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2022
Please house...when submitting my documents should I upload them one after the other or should I put them in one pdf and about pictures should they be in a PDF or upload them one after the other as jpeg file..thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tyllapia: 2:26pm On Dec 29, 2022
babylawyr:

I did mine yesterday and got 6th of January. Vi
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Finestboy10: 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2022
Good day everyone. Please can anyone recommend a cheap flight to the UK for a family of 3. Husband, wife and an infant.

Traveling second week of january next year

Molue flights inclusive abeg
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tyllapia: 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
babylawyr:

How long should I wait after my bio on the 6th of January, priority VI
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2022
infosoftlife:

Stick to the truth and state @ bolded for her visit to the UK to see her grandchildren because you can't travel with the kids.
Take advantage of this festive period and attach pictures of her with other grandchildren/family members in Nigeria, if there are any.
Attach sufficient documents to back your claims.
You will be fine!

Well done.. this suggestion was apt!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
Calypso1234:
Good evening everyone,
I intend applying for my mum to visit my brother who is studying in the UK.
Pls I need your help on the below items:
1. Is Priority visa application available at TLScontact in Nigeria?
2. My brother builds houses & sell them on the island & he also buys & sells cars but does not have a registered company, he is currently a student in Uk & would be sponsoring my Mum’s trip. Given his current status, what documents is he expected to provide in other to show he is financially capable of sponsoring the trip?
3. My Mum’s application was refused in July this year because my brother didn’t mention his UK source of income.
He actually does a care job in UK but his main source of income is the business in Naija, what do you suggest we add to the application for my brother as the sponsor?
He has about £4,000 in his UK acct & has about N15m in his Naija account.
Pls help me my people.

It will be very difficult for a student to sponsor. Make your brother first get legal job for UK after graduation, then he can invite her. Uk no Dey run. Your mother should be patient
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2022
Thegamingorca:

It's better you go to your bank and print 3 to 6 months worth of bank statement on A4 paper. (Highest 3 pages) Showing inflow and outflow. With bank stamp and signature.

They do accept e-bank statements at the embassy. I used an e-bank statement whilst applying

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
Chicadedieu:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

You can explain to them where you would be staying because they will most likely ask. Also, have her details off hand or keep it somewhere plus inform her and let her know when you’re coming just incase they want to call her to confirm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babylawyr(f): 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
lilyflow:

I have been on it but can't get a date. I am also trying to book a flexi appointment. Could that be the reason I am not getting a date? Please help.

Hi, it's very likely flexi appointment could be the reason you are not getting dates. Flexi appointment means that you can come at anytime during opening hours and they are limited slots, perhaps all the slots are taken.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babylawyr(f): 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
tyllapia:

I did mine yesterday and got 6th of January. Vi

Really, lucky you. Because there was no earlier date when i checked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babylawyr(f): 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
tyllapia:

How long should I wait after my bio on the 6th of January, priority VI

3- 5 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 5:58pm On Dec 29, 2022
Chicadedieu:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

If you declared in your application that you know no one in the UK, it is advised to make hotel reservations.

However, if you mentioned in your application that you have friends or family in the UK, you may use their residence.

Some of the immigration officers at the entry point don't really care as long as you have a valid visa. They will stamp your passport and welcome you in, however some officers will interrogate you. These immigration officers can interrogate you about your visa application because they have access to all visa applications. Any false information may result into something else, such as deportation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tobidipity(m): 6:09pm On Dec 29, 2022
Wow
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Enuguguy: 6:32pm On Dec 29, 2022
Slawormirr:

People get their results earlier if they apply their dependent visa with the person who is applying for tier2 or student visa
Otherwise dependent visa can take 24 weeks now..I did biometric on 26th October and got a message from dmc on 15th November but till now I haven't received any decision
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tyllapia: 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2022
babylawyr:

Really, luck you. Because there was no earlier date when i checked.

What date were you given at the long run? And also which university abi you are already in UK?

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (623) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: tuco02, Ticha and 2 guest(s)