Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (850915 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 6:29pm On Feb 24, 2023
My friend had his on 10th February and he's still expecting decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SarahKrm2: 6:43pm On Feb 24, 2023
Amaka1976:
Hi guys... Please who had their biometric on the 15th of February...Mine hasn’t moved from DMC yet

My brother had his own on the 14th still at DMC,
Did u do priority ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2023
SarahKrm2:

Did u do priority ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SarahKrm2: 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2023
mosesadio:

U didn’t type
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Amaka1976: 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2023
I did standard not priority...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giftedchild009: 2:30pm On Feb 25, 2023
Good afternoon famz,

I am going through alot of mental stress right now, UKVI has really dealt with me so badly without committing any crime. I applied for a student visa, priority to be precise, bio was done on 20th of January, decision was made on 23rd January and I got BRP mail on 26th of January but could you believe that since then ukvi refused to send my passport back to TLS for collection, I have been battling with this for long, I keep going to IKEJA TLS but the truth is even the so called TLS are not ready to help and now my school told me not to bother coming again even if my passport is return back to me. Right now I want to ask, can ukvi be sue and also how can I request for my IHS refund? Please house help me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by arasola2000: 3:47pm On Feb 25, 2023
Good day Nairalanders,

Please I am trying to apply for UK Visitor's Visa for a 14 year old.

Please is it the normal Standard Visitor form or is there another for Minor's because the questions, don make sense to me for a Minor.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2023
giftedchild009:
Good afternoon famz,

I am going through alot of mental stress right now, UKVI has really dealt with me so badly without committing any crime. I applied for a student visa, priority to be precise, bio was done on 20th of January, decision was made on 23rd January and I got BRP mail on 26th of January but could you believe that since then ukvi refused to send my passport back to TLS for collection, I have been battling with this for long, I keep going to IKEJA TLS but the truth is even the so called TLS are not ready to help and now my school told me not to bother coming again even if my passport is return back to me. Right now I want to ask, can ukvi be sue and also how can I request for my IHS refund? Please house help me

Village people at work o.. sometimes it’s good to conceal travel plans
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:34pm On Feb 25, 2023
arasola2000:
Good day Nairalanders,

Please I am trying to apply for UK Visitor's Visa for a 14 year old.

Please is it the normal Standard Visitor form or is there another for Minor's because the questions, don make sense to me for a Minor.

Thank you

It’s the same. Just fill in the appropriate info where necessary..

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 10:09pm On Feb 25, 2023
giftedchild009:
Good afternoon famz,

The bad part of this matter is that u may likely not get a refund of iHS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dionpholly(m): 9:02am On Feb 26, 2023
Good day, the heroes in the house, pls i want to make a move with my wife to UK, my wife is intending to school over there. I need an assistant on what it could cost me, and guidance,from scratch. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2023
dionpholly:
Good day, the heroes in the house, pls i want to make a move with my wife to UK, my wife is intending to school over there. I need an assistant on what it could cost me, and guidance,from scratch. Thank you.

Visit the thread below and read page 1. Have further questions after that you can drop your inquiry.
https://www.nairaland.com/7267459/uk-student-visa-tier-4/778

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mummywifey: 3:35pm On Feb 26, 2023
Mrmoney90:

Your aunty didn’t state the source of her funds. The ECO noted that large sums were deposited into her account within the months prior to her visa application, which was a wrong move on her end.

She should be able to total how much she gets from her kids and relatives accurately. I think getting money from her kids should be the strongest for her, not even from the relatives. The monies from her kids should be stable and substantial enough as that will be used as her source of income since she doesn’t work.

Take note of the things the ECO hammered on. Bank statement without official bank name, meaning the bank statement might be doctored according to the ECO. In her next application, if she still doesn’t work, she can explain why with concrete reasons.

She can’t reapply immediately. Her circumstance seems bad. She needs to work on that before she can reapply again. She should just be patient.

These guys watch the japa thing on social media and that is what I think they use to access applications. Every applicant to them is liable to JAPA. So application that is not straightforward, they will just shout JAPA! And refuse the visa 😂

The part that says “how much will you be spending on the trip”, she can either put £10 or the total cost of the trip. Since someone else is paying towards the trip, there is a part that asks if there is someone else paying towards this trip and how much? She can put the sponsor’s name as well as the total cost of the trip. If she puts £10, she should make sure she adds it to the total cost of trip o. The sponsor should also write a letter stating the full sponsorship and why.

Again, what ties does she have to Nigeria?

Consider these things before she reapplies again, maybe in the next 6 months to one year.

Thanks!!!We gave it a short again and she waa approved. It was not a fake bank statement, it was given to her in the bank but thjs time we used the one gotten online instead of getting from the branch ( wema banks statement online looks more authentic than the one given in the branch), its strange i know

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hels(f): 4:23pm On Feb 26, 2023
Hi guys... Please who had their biometric on the 15th of February...Mine hasn’t moved from DMC yet

I did mine on 14th and I have collected my Visa and got BRP mail on 21st
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2023
hels:

I did mine on 14th and I have collected my Visa and got BRP mail on 21st

Mine was on 13th Feb, standard visitor. Still at DMC. This period most skilled work visa take 2weeks to come out while visitor visa appears to take longer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olayinka1433: 9:28pm On Feb 26, 2023
Anyone travelling via Ethiopian Airline on March 8th, let's linkup
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by LaraPeter: 10:39pm On Feb 26, 2023
Although I find travel to be always interesting, lately I have been very busy with job and business travel. I choose https://voyagu.com/destinations/business-class-flights-to-asia-cambodia/ in order to travel more conveniently and spend less money getting there. I enjoy flying business class since it offers a lot of opportunities, especially for more accessible access to the city. I advise using their services.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 1:19am On Feb 27, 2023
LaraPeter:
Although I find travel to be always interesting, lately I have been very busy with job and business travel. I choose https://voyagu.com/destinations/business-class-flights-to-asia-cambodia/ in order to travel more conveniently and spend less money getting there. I enjoy flying business class since it offers a lot of opportunities, especially for more accessible access to the city. I advise using their services.

No one wants to go to Cambodia mate. Take your scam phisng link and outta of here.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 1:20am On Feb 27, 2023
Olayinka1433:
Anyone travelling via Ethiopian Airline on March 8th, let's linkup

Why request to link up?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olayinka1433: 7:45am On Feb 27, 2023
Travel companion

leef2022:

Why request to link up?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 7:51am On Feb 27, 2023
Good morning, my piece of advice, apply as tourist, I saw a reject on 20th Feb 2023, application was refused cos she didn’t proof relationship with claimed uncle, though the main reason for refusal was cos they couldn’t get to the employer to confirm her employment.

But if you can prove the relationship with conversations, you can give it a try.

jeslom:
Please my cousin is inviting me to the UK, now in the Uk visa application for Family who lives in the Uk, I put that I have a family which is my cousin. but there is no space for cousin when i was asked to explain the relationship. can i say he is my brother. or claim i dont have a family

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 7:58am On Feb 27, 2023
I understand una fear, but be calm just give it 14-17 days after biometrics, if you don’t get a collection mail you then av reason to be scared, for now don’t stress calculate ur 2wks + 4 days max you should get ur mail

SarahKrm2:

Did u do priority ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by eniola1010(m): 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2023
Please how much needs to be in one's account to do visiting visa and for how long will the money have to be in the account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 5:28pm On Feb 27, 2023
Mummywifey:

Thanks!!!We gave it a short again and she waa approved. It was not a fake bank statement, it was given to her in the bank but thjs time we used the one gotten online instead of getting from the branch ( wema banks statement online looks more authentic than the one given in the branch), its strange i know

Congratulations!🍾🎉🎊🎈
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 5:28pm On Feb 27, 2023
eniola1010:
Please how much needs to be in one's account to do visiting visa and for how long will the money have to be in the account

How much do you earn per month?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by eniola1010(m): 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2023
Mrmoney90:

How much do you earn per month?

150k naira
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SarahKrm2: 6:26pm On Feb 27, 2023
eniola1010:

150k naira

Are you being sponsored?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by eniola1010(m): 6:35pm On Feb 27, 2023
SarahKrm2:

Are you being sponsored?

Yes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:41pm On Feb 27, 2023
eniola1010:

Yes.
what is the reason for the trip, why are you being sponsored and who is sponsoring?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by damrmd02(f): 12:19am On Feb 28, 2023
Pls gurus in the house help me out on this, I make sure all transactions was well detail, I explained it included all necessary receipt in each transaction, which was from my side buisness include CAC certificate. Pls what can I do now. [quote author=giselle237 below is the refusal letter

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by damrmd02(f): 1:13am On Feb 28, 2023
Pls was it the same closing bank statement you use, and did you apply immediately your aunty was denied?
Mummywifey:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ToyinOA: 3:24am On Feb 28, 2023
Hello house,

I’m trying to apply for a UK visa for my mum.
Here is my situation -
1. I live in Canada and would be sponsoring the trip. She has previously been denied a Canadian visa however, we have reapplied.
2. My sister travelled to UK last December with a tier 2 visa and would not be sponsoring as her account isn’t too buoyant
3. My mum is retired (she used to run a personal business) and now lives off her rent for her property and her biweekly stipends from me.
4. She has about 3.5+million in her bank account. I would be covering the cost of her flight ticket and accommodation
5. She has had several UK visas before now but her last visa expired almost 10 years ago
6. The purpose of her travel was usually to visit her sister who is a UK citizen so I’m thinking of putting purpose of visit as to see her sister who has hasn’t seen in about 3 years (her sister came to Naija 3 years ago) and to also see her daughter.
Would this fly?
What documents would I need to support this application?
I’m also considering buying a flight ticket and paying for Airbnb. Would this fly?

Thank you so much guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: stiles009(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.