Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,389 members, 7,836,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (852519 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by falilatu: 3:57pm On Apr 01, 2022
AbbeyBidemi:

Victoria island
so sorry about the refusal.It will end in praise.Those people can be very annoying .once its a group application and one person especially the principal is rejected every other person too get rejected.

what date did you do your biometric?

biko my Nairaland family.
my cousins had their biometric on the 3rd of march and uptil now no mail from tls or ukvi

Although we are aware of the 6weeks average time for decision now but they are worried because alot had their decision within 2-3weeks recently.

please is it too early yo do a mail?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by captainlondon(m): 3:59pm On Apr 01, 2022
Juice191968:

This is not school related. I am applying for a work visa. I just do not understand the phrase as I have to either click yes or no there

You can prove knowledge of english by either taking the UKVI IELTS English test or by having a degree that was taught in english. it's one or the other . Since your degree was taught in english you can use that. Also for you to be applying for a Work visa, this means you have a job offer and the company is willing to sponsor you. Usually they would work closely with you throughout this process
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by captainlondon(m): 4:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
falilatu:

so sorry about the refusal.It will end in praise.Those people can be very annoying .once its a group application and one person especially the principal is rejected every other person too get rejected.

what date did you do your biometric?

biko my Nairaland family.
my cousins had their biometric on the 3rd of march and uptil now no mail from tls or ukvi

Although we are aware of the 6weeks average time for decision now but they are worried because alot had their decision within 2-3weeks recently.

please is it too early yo do a mail?

It's not too early. You can either send them a mail or Call their phone number to get the status on the decision
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AbbeyBidemi: 4:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
Farajobi:
Hi guys. My UK visit visa was refused yesterday.
My application was air tight - if I do say so myself.
However, the officers reason was that he checked my employers business registration online and it was inactive. I work for a company with over 250 employees
When I checked the registration website , realized that almost all companies register before 2020 were appearing as inactive. The website isn’t updated.
Please house, what can be done in this situation ?
Hello! I’m in the same predicament. Please how did you go about it?? I and my husband were rejected for inactive company. Have you reapplied?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by captainlondon(m): 4:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
AbbeyBidemi:

Hello! I’m in the same predicament. Please how did you go about it?? I and my husband were rejected for inactive company. Have you reapplied?

When a company shows inactive this is because they have not filed their Annual Return. It is compulsory for every registered business to file their annual returns with the Corporate Affairs Commission not later than 30th of June every year. Excerpt from CAC website. This might be a difficult one. Any other person with useful information can also share
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Josy18ng: 4:37pm On Apr 01, 2022
Good evening everyone in d the house , pls am having little difficulty in my wife and kids UK application, I have been able to filled the application form and inputted my two children informations as dependent on my wife, but when it got to payment of visa fees , it was only my wife visa fee that popped up to be paid and I was confused cos I was expecting to pay for the 3appicant which is my wife and my 2kids. But my wife was d only one that came up for me to pay. Pls how can I pay for the kids visa fee Guru in house, Pls come to my rescue. Thank you..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2022
Josy18ng:
Good evening everyone in d the house , pls am having little difficulty in my wife and kids UK application, I have been able to filled the application form and inputted my two children informations as dependent on my wife, but when it got to payment of visa fees , it was only my wife visa fee that popped up to be paid and I was confused cos I was expecting to pay for the 3appicant which is my wife and my 2kids. But my wife was d only one that came up for me to pay. Pls how can I pay for the kids visa fee Guru in house, Pls come to my rescue. Thank you..
every one must have their own application form and pay their own visa fee even 2 day old baby.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kennyliza: 6:45pm On Apr 01, 2022
Good day my people, I am here to give back for I have learnt a lot from here.
I and my husband applied for UK Visit Visa and here is our timeline below;

--March 11th, 2022- Biometrics appointment, I did self-service by uploading all our documents online a day before.
--Hubby dropped his passport while I opt for "Keep my passport" option.
--- Hubby got a mail to pickup his passport on March 25th, 2022 while I got no message.
---March 29th,2022- I went with hubby to TLS V.I to lay a complain in respect of my Visa and the lady told me to send a Paid mail to UKVI if a decision has been made in respect of mine. I sent the mail that Morning, got a response by 1pm same day that a decision has been made, printed it out and fortunately for me, my passport was with me hence proceeded to drop both email and my passport at TLS V.I before they close by 3pm that day.
-- March 31st- I received an email to pick up by passport grin grin grin

Help me Praise God my people as we were issued VIsa... cheesy cheesy

Lesson Learned
1) Don't opt for "Keep my passport option" unless it is absolutely necessary and if you do, please and please be proactive to send email by 2nd-3rd week after Biometrics to find out if a decision has been made, use that email to drop your passport at the TLS center.

My advice to those still waiting for email from TLS is that the process does not take that long(this is subject to complete documentation please )as mine and husband took just about 2 weeks. You can send an email (paid of course) to UKVI to know your status of your application.

Bon Voyage and all the best my fellow Nairalanders...

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Josy18ng: 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2022
What r the documents submitted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
HRprof:

I just check my company on CAC suprised is showing inactive and I called someone I know in CAC office and the person said I need to pay for annual returns after that I will still need to pay to reactive it to show active online with 25k does paying only annual returns solve this

You DO NOT have to pay any other fees as long as your annual returns is up to date. Once your payment has been acknowledged send an email as I have earlier stated, your account will be updated to become ACTIVE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mattycoke: 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
Congratulations, i did biometric on March 9th and it's still showing application received by DMC, It's tiring to wait.
kennyliza:
Good day my people, I am here to give back for I have learnt a lot from here.
I and my husband applied for UK Visit Visa and here is our timeline below;

--March 11th, 2022- Biometrics appointment, I did self-service by uploading all our documents online a day before.
--Hubby dropped his passport while I opt for "Keep my passport" option.
--- Hubby got a mail to pickup his passport on March 25th, 2022 while I got no message.
---March 29th,2022- I went with hubby to TLS V.I to lay a complain in respect of my Visa and the lady told me to send a Paid mail to UKVI if a decision has been made in respect of mine. I sent the mail that Morning, got a response by 1pm same day that a decision has been made, printed it out and fortunately for me, my passport was with me hence proceeded to drop both email and my passport at TLS V.I before they close by 3pm that day.
-- March 31st- I received an email to pick up by passport grin grin grin

Help me Praise God my people as we were issued VIsa... cheesy cheesy

Lesson Learned
1) Don't opt for "Keep my passport option" unless it is absolutely necessary and if you do, please and please be proactive to send email by 2nd-3rd week after Biometrics to find out if a decision has been made, use that email to drop your passport at the TLS center.

My advice to those still waiting for email from TLS is that the process does not take that long(this is subject to complete documentation please )as mine and husband took just about 2 weeks. You can send an email (paid of course) to UKVI to know your status of your application.

Bon Voyage and all the best my fellow Nairalanders...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sojimomomo: 7:57pm On Apr 01, 2022
Visa alert!!!

Biometric date - February 17th
Collection email from TLS - March 31st
Center - Ikeja

Glory be to God!

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HRprof: 9:17pm On Apr 01, 2022
Africankel:

You DO NOT have to pay any other fees as long as your annual returns is up to date. Once your payment has been acknowledged send an email as I have earlier stated, your account will be updated to become ACTIVE.
Thanks I will do just that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 11:16pm On Apr 01, 2022
Mattycoke:
Congratulations, i did biometric on March 9th and it's still showing application received by DMC, It's tiring to wait.

Forget the tracking update from TLS. It’s unless, they probably have your passport waiting for you there now. Send a paid email to UKVI as encourage by the poster. And they would tell you whether a decision has been made on your application or not. If a decision has been made just turn up at TLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mattycoke: 11:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
Thanks, can i have a link to send the paid email?
Ray7878:

Forget the tracking update from TLS. It’s unless, they probably have your passport waiting for you there now. Send a paid email to UKVI as encourage by the poster. And they would tell you whether a decision has been made on your application or not. If a decision has been made just turn up at TLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ultrafast123(m): 11:39pm On Apr 01, 2022
Good evening everyone
Pls I applied for work visa and have done biometric on the 4th of March. But I haven’t gotten any reply about the outcome of the visa. I’m confuse and worried
Pls wen should I be expecting it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 8:04am On Apr 02, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mattycoke: 8:07am On Apr 02, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by motunrayoo(f): 8:14am On Apr 02, 2022
My sister inlaw contacted ukvi again for a biometric done on the 3rd March below is their response

Please what does this mean.
She has not received any mail so far for rejection or approval.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 10:42am On Apr 02, 2022
motunrayoo:
My sister inlaw contacted ukvi again for a biometric done on the 3rd March below is their response

Please what does this mean.
She has not received any mail so far for rejection or approval.

Seems a decision already has been made. Goodluck, she would need to contact TLS to pick up her passport now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tytmed: 12:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
Hello House, just a quick update. I had my friend in the UK call UKVI for me. they said a decision was made on the passport on thursday but till now no update on the tracking site. I really hope we can get the passport before wednesday coz that is the actual travel date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by captainlondon(m): 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ultrafast123:
Good evening everyone
Pls I applied for work visa and have done biometric on the 4th of March. But I haven’t gotten any reply about the outcome of the visa. I’m confuse and worried
Pls wen should I be expecting it?

Hi. Send them a paid email or put a call across to them. If the response is a decision has been made, dash off to TLS office.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aaapp: 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2022
Africankel:

How do you pay for the annual returns their site is complicated must one walk into their office to pay

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 5:31pm On Apr 02, 2022
tytmed:
Hello House, just a quick update. I had my friend in the UK call UKVI for me. they said a decision was made on the passport on thursday but till now no update on the tracking site. I really hope we can get the passport before wednesday coz that is the actual travel date.

From reading on here and research, there is no point waiting for TLS updates. Go to TLS to pick up your passport, they probably have it there, once you have picked up they would then update their tracker lol.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ultrafast123(m): 5:38pm On Apr 02, 2022
captainlondon:

Hi. Send them a paid email or put a call across to them. If the response is a decision has been made, dash off to TLS office.

I have sent them message and also gotten a reply. But I’m confuse with their reply.
A decision has been made but i don’t if they have returned my passport to TLS.
You will see the reply below

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ultrafast123(m): 5:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
I also paid for DHL service since I’m not staying in abj. I don’t know if I should still enter abj or wait?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 5:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
Aaapp:

How do you pay for the annual returns their site is complicated must one walk into their office to pay

CAC no longer attend to people at their office for certain transactions.

On their website, download Form CAC-MISC 03 - Application for creation of entity electronic account, 1. Fill, 2. Sign, 3. Scan and email it with an application letter on your letter head, requesting for the creation of an account to carry out Post-Incorporation activities. Having done this, bombard their customer care lines with daily reminder calls.

You can also get a CAC accredited lawyer or accountant to file on your behalf, this comes at a cost.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by captainlondon(m): 6:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ultrafast123:

I have sent them message and also gotten a reply. But I’m confuse with their reply.

The understanding from the email is that there's a delay in sending documents back to TLS and you need to wait for the confirmation email before you go. You could decide to take a risk and go to TLS without the confirmation but I'm not sure if they will ask you to produce the confirmation mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ultrafast123(m): 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
captainlondon:

The understanding from the email is that there's a delay in sending documents back to TLS and you need to wait for the confirmation email before you go. You could decide to take a risk and go to TLS without the confirmation but I'm not sure if they will ask you to produce the confirmation mail

Ok. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tommby: 8:29pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ultrafast123:

When did you send them this email?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ultrafast123(m): 11:07pm On Apr 02, 2022
tommby:

When did you send them this email?

This morning around 8am and got reply by 11am.
I thought it takes 5 working days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by thelma2803(f): 10:04am On Apr 03, 2022
omo i did this oo even told them how they were affecting my health and all. They said they will escalate it. Finally asked for my passport while sending another paid mail cos i need it to go somewhere else and guess what ? my passport became ready for pick up after 4 days of withdrawing the application, this people have no conscience. I hope i see a visa there when i pick up on monday. Vowed never to apply to them again unless it's for work.
sparkleoke:
Go to UKVI website and look for how you can send a complaint. Fill the complaint form and make sure you give details from when you applied and timeline of the paid mails sent with their responses to your paid mails. Make sure you highlight how long since you did your biometrics.
Be polite yet firm stating you paid for a service and still haven't gotten value for the service after ...working days for a visa that should take 6 weeks.
This was what I did and I got collection mail in 24 hours with my visa having being issued 2 months prior.
Going to TLS didn't help even when UKVI asked me to go check my passport there with TLS claiming they haven't received it yet. But the complaint mail worked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: jarrot(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.