Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,357 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (838361 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (620) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by karferguso(m): 11:00am On Apr 03, 2022
Good morning house,

I am applying for my first UK visa. I have a letter of introduction and sponsorship from my employer. But I added that I have some amount in savings; Can I use my Account statement from my investment app to prove that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 11:14am On Apr 03, 2022
karferguso:
Good morning house,

I am applying for my first UK visa. I have a letter of introduction and sponsorship from my employer. But I added that I have some amount in savings; Can I use my Account statement from my investment app to prove that?

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2022
thelma2803:
omo i did this oo even told them how they were affecting my health and all. They said they will escalate it. Finally asked for my passport while sending another paid mail cos i need it to go somewhere else and guess what ? my passport became ready for pick up after 4 days of withdrawing the application, this people have no conscience. I hope i see a visa there when i pick up on monday. Vowed never to apply to them again unless it's for work.

Good luck picking up tomorrow, I hope you get the right outcome. They literally either have no staffs or no regards for peoples mental state. You have people waiting and waiting for things that they paid lot of money for. Get more staffs in if that’s the issue, they making millions per week from applicants.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tintall(m): 2:33pm On Apr 03, 2022
Hello house. I want to reply for a UK visitor visa after being refused in 2021.
I made mistake in the application as I did not explain the inflows in my bank statement(‘cos the inflows where more than my salary for the period as I stated that I did not have any other source of income apart from my salary). This will be rectified in the next application.

I have never traveled out of Nigerian, should I be worried about the my immigration history?

I would greatly appreciate any help/advice on what to do on my next application.

Attached is the previous refusal letter.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2022
tintall:
Hello house. I want to reply for a UK visitor visa after being refused in 2021.
I made mistake in the application as I did not explain the inflows in my bank statement(‘cos the inflows where more than my salary for the period as I stated that I did not have any other source of income apart from my salary). This will be rectified in the next application.

I have never traveled out of Nigerian, should I be worried about the my immigration history?

I would greatly appreciate any help/advice on what to do on my next application.

Attached is the previous refusal letter.

Not claiming to be an expert or anything. There are a lot of posters that would probably have better answers to your question on here.

One thing I was just hoping to point out if you haven’t work it out yourself is the financial details that you put forward.

If you are earning £700 per month and your outgoings are £500 per month then you should have an average of £200 left each month in your account not £900, especially when you stated that your work is your only source of income. That is just an example of things that you might need to tidy up before reapplying… Goodluck anyways, you should have a good case by the way of this letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jobinto: 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2022
Has anyone been able to get a refund from TLS on value added services that was paid for but not delivered?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tytmed: 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2022
Are you saying i should not wait for the DHL delivery?

Ray7878:

From reading on here and research, there is no point waiting for TLS updates. Go to TLS to pick up your passport, they probably have it there, once you have picked up they would then update their tracker lol.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 4:07pm On Apr 03, 2022
tytmed:
Are you saying i should not wait for the DHL delivery?

You can if you have already paid for it, but my wife’s mate didn’t wait. She went and picked it up herself but she lived in Lagos, so it was easy for her to do so.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tintall(m): 4:49pm On Apr 03, 2022
Thank you for your input.

Do you think I should be worried about the immigration history mentioned?

Thanks.

Ray7878:

Not claiming to be an expert or anything. There are a lot of posters that would probably have better answers to your question on here.

One thing I was just hoping to point out if you haven’t work it out yourself is the financial details that you put forward.

If you are earning £700 per month and your outgoings are £500 per month then you should have an average of £200 left each month in your account not £900, especially when you stated that your work is your only source of income. That is just an example of things that you might need to tidy up before reapplying… Goodluck anyways, you should have a good case by the way of this letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2022
Africankel:

Let him file annual returns and also pay the penalty fees for defaulting (if any). Having been successful with this, send an email to spu@cac.gov.ng with the annual returns acknowledgement, requesting CAC to update his records on their portal. The whole process should take between 1 to 7 days. I believe you can reapply afterwards.

Hi, how does one file annual returns at CAC?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 03, 2022
captainlondon:

When a company shows inactive this is because they have not filed their Annual Return. It is compulsory for every registered business to file their annual returns with the Corporate Affairs Commission not later than 30th of June every year. Excerpt from CAC website. This might be a difficult one. Any other person with useful information can also share
Hello.
I recently registered my business with CAC last month but the business has been going on for over a year now, I just registered it because it’s needed for the UK Visit Visa. I have been using my personal account for transactions which shows the details of each transactions going in and out of the account. My question do I have to wait till March next year before filing an annual return since I just registered the business name even though it has been running for over a year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Christabeliciou: 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2022
Hello Gurus,
I and my husband and two children of 18yrs and 20yrs we intend to apply for a visit visa to spend vacation for 10days.
My husband and children no travel history, but I have travel history. My husband is self employed and I am employed. Want to know what and what I can put in place for us to get it right and be given the visa. Thanks for your opinion and suggestions

Simran94:

Hello.
I recently registered my business with CAC last month but the business has been going on for over a year now, I just registered it because it’s needed for the UK Visit Visa. I have been using my personal account for transactions which shows the details of each transactions going in and out of the account. My question do I have to wait till March next year before filing an annual return since I just registered the business name even though it has been running for over a year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:48pm On Apr 03, 2022
Christabeliciou:
Hello Gurus,
I and my husband and two children of 18yrs and 20yrs we intend to apply for a visit visa to spend vacation for 10days.
My husband and children no travel history, but I have travel history. My husband is self employed and I am employed. Want to know what and what I can put in place for us to get it right and be given the visa. Thanks for your opinion and suggestions

For you: submit all relevant documents to prove you have a job. For your children: documents to prove what they do (student or worker). The tricky one is your husband. The visa officials seem to give self employed people a hard time. Your husband needs to prove he has a profitable business he manages. He must prove his income and the source of the income he claims he earns annually. Make sure you are intentional about your husband's application. A cover letter explaining what he does and providing more information about his source(s) of income will be helpful. I wish you success.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2022
Ray7878:

The issue is simple. Your stated income is not aligned with the money in your account. Unless you have another source of income, you cannot claim to earn N1,000 monthly (for example), you spend N800 (for example) then you still save N1,000 (for example). Summary: your figures are not adding up. Look at your figures closely next time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by karferguso(m): 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2022
Hello guys,

I have a bit of a problem with my bank statement. I made some bulk transfers from my other accounts to my salary account. How do I explain that in my cover letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 12:08am On Apr 04, 2022
karferguso:
Hello guys
I have a bit of a problem with my bank statement. I made some bulk transfers from my other accounts to my salary account. How do I explain that in my cover letter?
u can chill until ur account doesnt have those sums to avoid stories tht touch
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by karferguso(m): 5:07am On Apr 04, 2022
Oggg:
u can chill until ur account doesnt have those sums to avoid stories tht touch
This is actually not an option for me right now. I’m stated for an event next month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ayoola222: 6:39am On Apr 04, 2022
Please, how easy is it to apply as a health worker in the UK from Nigeria. Also, I want to know the requirements. Anyone?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by duchess90(f): 7:22am On Apr 04, 2022
Hello,
If this is not an option then you have to explain the source and reason for the transfer and attach evidence to back it up

Nobody can give you a reason for your transactions

Plus have you considered the 3 or 6weeks delays that could or not happen?

Cheers

karferguso:

This is actually not an option for me right now. I’m stated for an event next month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 7:43am On Apr 04, 2022
karferguso:
Good morning house,

Is this a work related trip or tourism?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mechoau(m): 7:44am On Apr 04, 2022
Farajobi:
Hi guys. My UK visit visa was refused yesterday.
My application was air tight - if I do say so myself.
However, the officers reason was that he checked my employers business registration online and it was inactive. I work for a company with over 250 employees
When I checked the registration website , realized that almost all companies register before 2020 were appearing as inactive. The website isn’t updated.
Please house, what can be done in this situation ?

Pls house, do this applicable to student visa tier-4? Where job reference letter of the company one present reads inactive. Pls house help out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 7:45am On Apr 04, 2022
Ayoola222:
Please, how easy is it to apply as a health worker in the UK from Nigeria. Also, I want to know the requirements. Anyone?
Thanks

Well quite easy as detailed on uk.gov official webpage
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mechoau(m): 7:47am On Apr 04, 2022
Ray7878:

As per their reply to you they are claiming that the company are “Inactive and NOT trading” which they interpret as how can you work at a company that isn’t active? Are this company current active and they are paying you monthly wages? Have you been able to prove this? If so maybe it is their error, because there are a lot of companies whose websites aren’t currently active, that doesn’t mean they are not currently trading.

Maybe you need a letter from the trading company to prove that they are currently active and trading, show them payslips? Monies coming into your account from the said company?

Pls sir, do this applicable to student visa tier-4? Where job reference letter of the company one present reads inactive. Pls house help out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by duchess90(f): 8:03am On Apr 04, 2022
Hello

No

Student visa is point based. You will get more information on the students visa thread

Cheers

mechoau:

Pls sir, do this applicable to student visa tier-4? Where job reference letter of the company one present reads inactive. Pls house help out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mechoau(m): 8:06am On Apr 04, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

No

Student visa is point based. You will get more information on the students visa thread

Cheers

Thanks sir, I have been worried. May God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Christabeliciou: 8:33am On Apr 04, 2022
Thanks for the response Cashmadam, I like this your name o, cashmadam is a matter of cash.
I already have a 2yrs visa, how do I apply with them. Is it that we will pay for 3 people and apply,how do I come in now. I don't know again o.
And for my husband source of income, does he need to submit both his salary and company SOA, or only salary account.
Please any opinion. Thanks

Cashmadam:

For you: submit all relevant documents to prove you have a job. For your children: documents to prove what they do (student or worker). The tricky one is your husband. The visa officials seem to give self employed people a hard time. Your husband needs to prove he has a profitable business he manages. He must prove his income and the source of the income he claims he earns annually. Make sure you are intentional about your husband's application. A cover letter explaining what he does and providing more information about his source(s) of income will be helpful. I wish you success.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by zipec: 8:44am On Apr 04, 2022
I think I really need to share my little experience with the UKVI in order to help those having issues with INACTIVE status.

The truth is that UKVI is always looking for flimsy excuses to refuse your application. My uncle was one of the first set of applicants to be refused because of inactive status when he applied for renewal in April 2021.

I was furious when I read the refusal letter. I did a little research online to see why his business was inactive, and I found out that it was because of failing to file annual returns, which does not correlate with whether a business is trading or not, and CAC never informed the business owners or companies.

I sent a complaint email to HO blasting the ECO and accusing him/her of not being competent. Although the decision was not overturned for other stupid reason, but they accepted and noted my explanation regarding the issue of inactive. See the attached reply from the ECM.

We reapplied in September last year and we included the complaint email i sent to the HO in the application and his 5 years visa was granted.

So please, you can defend those nonsense excuses UKVI is using to refuse applications, especially those who are employed and your employer name is showing inactive.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by karferguso(m): 9:03am On Apr 04, 2022
duchess90:
Hello,
If this is not an option then you have to explain the source and reason for the transfer and attach evidence to back it up

Nobody can give you a reason for your transactions

Plus have you considered the 3 or 6weeks delays that could or not happen?

Cheers

Yes, I'm hoping the visa comes out before then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by karferguso(m): 9:03am On Apr 04, 2022
leef2022:

Is this a work related trip or tourism?

It's work related
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:08am On Apr 04, 2022
Christabeliciou:
Thanks for the response Cashmadam, I like this your name o, cashmadam is a matter of cash.
I already have a 2yrs visa, how do I apply with them. Is it that we will pay for 3 people and apply,how do I come in now. I don't know again o.
And for my husband source of income, does he need to submit both his salary and company SOA, or only salary account.
Please any opinion. Thanks

Good morning. It's a matter of cash! You have a visa so you don't apply with them. Make a copy of the visa you have and other visas you got in the past and add the photocopies to the documents your husband and children will submit. For your husband, let him submit his Company statement of account and his personal statement of account. They will normally focus on his personal statement of account so he should ensure he explains major inflows into the account. His company statement of account is just to prove that he actually runs his own business and the business is an ongoing and thriving one. If he has evidence of tax paid, he should include it. If he doesn't have, he should pray they don't pick on that. It helps if he can submit documents to prove the business he does - e.g invoices etc

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Christabeliciou: 9:11am On Apr 04, 2022
Thanks Cashmadam it's a matter of cash. I appreciate your contribution. Cheers

Cashmadam:

Good morning. It's a matter of cash! You have a visa so you don't apply with them. Make a copy of the visa you have and other visas you got in the past and add the photocopies to the documents your husband and children will submit. For your husband, let him submit his Company statement of account and his personal statement of account. They will normally focus on his personal statement of account so he should ensure he explains major inflows into the account. His company statement of account is just to prove that he actually runs his own business and the business is an ongoing and thriving one. If he has evidence of tax paid, he should include it. If he doesn't have, he should pray they don't pick on that. It helps if he can submit documents to prove the business he does - e.g invoices etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (620) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.