Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (852272 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 9:55am On Apr 04, 2022
zipec:
I think I really need to share my little experience with the UKVI in order to help those having issues with INACTIVE status.

The truth is that UKVI is always looking for flimsy excuses to refuse your application. My uncle was one of the first set of applicants to be refused because of inactive status when he applied for renewal in April 2021.

I was furious when I read the refusal letter. I did a little research online to see why his business was inactive, and I found out that it was because of failing to file annual returns, which does not correlate with whether a business is trading or not, and CAC never informed the business owners or companies.

I sent a complaint email to HO blasting the ECO and accusing him/her of not being competent. Although the decision was not overturned for other stupid reason, but they accepted and noted my explanation regarding the issue of inactive. See the attached reply from the ECM.

We reapplied in September last year and we included the complaint email i sent to the HO in the application and his 5 years visa was granted.

So please, you can defend those nonsense excuses UKVI is using to refuse applications, especially those who are employed and your employer name is showing inactive.

I sense this most of the time, they would look for any little excuses to reject an application. They literally don't care, thanks for sharing this knowledge.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Uhtred(m): 12:18pm On Apr 04, 2022
Good afternoon people of God. I'm presently processing my wife's application to the Uk through the Carer Route. One of the requirements is IELTS. Does anyone know where or how I can get study materials for her please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by favoured247(m): 12:20pm On Apr 04, 2022
Please can anyone help me with tls uk visa contact number. For Victoria Island please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MSbarbieK: 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2022
Uhtred:
Good afternoon people of God. I'm presently processing my wife's application to the Uk through the Carer Route. One of the requirements is IELTS. Does anyone know where or how I can get study materials for her please?

There are apps on playstore you can practise with.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by opemipo123456: 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2022
Please I need help, I did my biometrics on the 10th Feb 2022, I got a mail on the 15th feb to send further proof of marriage cos it's a dependent visa after which I did, pictures, change of name, chats etc. It's 8weeks now, have called UKVI thrice and sent a paid mail, they said decision has been taken, I visited TLS ikeja, the said they have not receive my document, please house what can I do, alot of people that did after my date have gotten there documenta. Please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 1oak: 2:59pm On Apr 04, 2022
Hello please I got this email after sending paid mail to UKVI. I noticed people that used the keep my passport option have gone to TLS with the printed copy of the letter they got. I did keep my passport option too, so I’m wondering if I should just wait for 10 working days or just go to TLS. Has anyone been in the same situation before or has an opinion to share ? Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2022
opemipo123456:
Please I need help, I did my biometrics on the 10th Feb 2022, I got a mail on the 15th feb to send further proof of marriage cos it's a dependent visa after which I did, pictures, change of name, chats etc. It's 8weeks now, have called UKVI thrice and sent a paid mail, they said decision has been taken, I visited TLS ikeja, the said they have receive my document, please house what can I do, alot of people that did after my date have gotten there documenta. Please help

So they have reach a decision right? And what documents are you referring to? The ones that you sent or your passport?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 3:26pm On Apr 04, 2022
1oak:
Hello please I got this email after sending paid mail to UKVI. I noticed people that used the keep my passport option have gone to TLS with the printed copy of the letter they got. I did keep my passport option too, so I’m wondering if I should just wait for 10 working days or just go to TLS. Has anyone been in the same situation before or has an opinion to share ? Thanks

Yes print this off and go to TLS with your passport. Because they would need to take it off you and stamp it with your visa. Awaiting for TLS is a waste of time if you did the “Keep my passport” option. Goodluck (Forgot my O).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by awesomedeji111(m): 4:38pm On Apr 04, 2022
opemipo123456:
Please I need help, I did my biometrics on the 10th Feb 2022, I got a mail on the 15th feb to send further proof of marriage cos it's a dependent visa after which I did, pictures, change of name, chats etc. It's 8weeks now, have called UKVI thrice and sent a paid mail, they said decision has been taken, I visited TLS ikeja, the said they have receive my document, please house what can I do, alot of people that did after my date have gotten there documenta. Please help

Is it student visa ? Cus I’m having same issue . Biometrics done since 8th February
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by opemipo123456: 5:26pm On Apr 04, 2022
Dependent visa quote author=awesomedeji111 post=111644288]

Is it student visa ? Cus I’m having same issue . Biometrics done since 8th February [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lehinme: 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2022
Goodday all! I’m trying to book an appointment for biometrics and having difficulties. Picked a date and time for the Regular Appointment Assisted Service and it doesn’t give me the option of Proceeding to Checkout
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 6:39pm On Apr 04, 2022
karferguso:

It's work related

Then you may not necessarily need your personal bank statement as your work place is sponsoring the trip. Your work place should provide financial documents to show they are capable of footing the bills and included in any letter you would be issued that they are sponsoring the trip.
Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2022
HRprof:

No embassy have access to applicant bank account they can only confirm the authenticity of the statement of account you provided from the bank and work with the inflows shown on the statement. Is against bank rule to disclose transactions or give third party access to their customers bank account. Is only EFCC with government authority can have access to request bank statement from bank for investigation and must bring Authorized letter from government.

But it also the bank rule to honor your request, especially if done with a legal signatory, one you signed whilst openingthe account. When submitting the UKVI application forms, read carefully, you would see that by signing they have the rights to verify all documents presented(financial documents inclusive), as such they may request from your bank info beyond inflows and outflows they deem necessary for processing of your application( this does not include pins or OTP/card details). Is like you sign a withdrawal cheque to a friend and you expect your bank to decline it??
So just put forth a clean financial documents.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HRprof: 7:42pm On Apr 04, 2022
leef2022:

But it also the bank rule to honor your request, especially if done with a legal signatory, one you signed whilst openingthe account. When submitting the UKVI application forms, read carefully, you would see that by signing they have the rights to verify all documents presented(financial documents inclusive), as such they may request from your bank info beyond inflows and outflows they deem necessary for processing of your application( this does not include pins or OTP/card details). Is like you sign a withdrawal cheque to a friend and you expect your bank to decline it??
So just put forth a clean financial documents.
I said they can only confirm the authenticity of the statement of account from your bank meaning the bank will confirm if the statement is coming from them or not, bank will not disclose the available balance in your account at the time of confirmation. Get me right I’m not saying they will not know the fake one , once the bank confirm is not authentic then is 10 years ban.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2022
HRprof:

I said they can only confirm the authenticity of the statement of account from your bank meaning the bank will confirm if the statement is coming from them or not, bank will not disclose the available balance in your account at the time of confirmation. Get me right I’m not saying they will not know the fake one , once the bank confirm is not authentic then is 10 years ban.

Not sure where I got wrong in your previous post mate.
But have you by any chance read or seen a refusal where an eco states.....checks with your financial institution shows that you do not have have sufficient funds for your trip...... and this is supposedly a statement that held sufficient money at the time of printing the bank statement but maybe later the person had taken some or all of the funds out before a decision was made.... and that being a legit statement from the bank. So beyond confirming the authenticity, inflows and outflows, they could and if they want confirm other info that the bank provides and one that doesn't compromise your funds...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HRprof: 9:20pm On Apr 04, 2022
leef2022:

Not sure where I got wrong in your previous post mate.
But have you by any chance read or seen a refusal where an eco states.....checks with your financial institution shows that you do not have have sufficient funds for your trip...... and this is supposedly a statement that held sufficient money at the time of printing the bank statement but maybe later the person had taken some or all of the funds out before a decision was made.... and that being a legit statement from the bank. So beyond confirming the authenticity, inflows and outflows, they could and if they want confirm other info that the bank provides and one that doesn't compromise your funds...
I haven't seen or heard , if you have seen such refusal letter kindly drop it here, maybe they mean the money in your bank statement is insufficient for your trip not confirming from your bank if you have withdrawn some money from your account aftersubmission of bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yimi4real: 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2022
I need some help please. I am not able to get my tax clearance from my employer. Being trying to chase up with them. Has anyone applied without it and got the visit visa?. Is it mandatory to provide it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 10:13pm On Apr 04, 2022
Yimi4real:
I need some help please. I am not able to get my tax clearance from my employer. Being trying to chase up with them. Has anyone applied without it and got the visit visa?. Is it mandatory to provide it?

No it is not mandatory.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tytmed: 10:29pm On Apr 04, 2022
Hello House, just a quick update. i went to TLS today where i did the application. i told them i was there for collection so they let me in. i got to the collection stand gave them my document and they said my the passport was not with them. i then told them that i spoke to UKVi last week and was told a decision has been made. they then said yes a decision had been made but the passport is not with them that its with the high commission. So i wanted to ask does the passport really go to the high commission before going to the TLS center? i sent ask the security guy and he said yes its true.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yimi4real: 6:42am On Apr 05, 2022
Thank you
leef2022:

No it is not mandatory.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mimilyrics: 8:08am On Apr 05, 2022
TLS is just the middleman and they do not decide your visas. They only collect your passport, docs and biometrics and transfer this to UKVI. Your passport goes to BHC where your visa vignette is printed and stuck on once a decision is made by the DMC (eg. Sheffield, SA etc.)
tytmed:
Hello House, just a quick update. i went to TLS today where i did the application. i told them i was there for collection so they let me in. i got to the collection stand gave them my document and they said my the passport was not with them. i then told them that i spoke to UKVi last week and was told a decision has been made. they then said yes a decision had been made but the passport is not with them that its with the high commission. So i wanted to ask does the passport really go to the high commission before going to the TLS center? i sent ask the security guy and he said yes its true.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lehinme: 8:22am On Apr 05, 2022
Pls can someone advice on how to book an appointment? Seems only expensive assisted services are available.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ellasdelight: 9:17am On Apr 05, 2022
mechoau:

How true it is that British high commission or ukvi have access to applicant’s bank account as I was told over the years and from what have read on this platform that ukvi have no right to applicant’s account during the visa processing. This is my first time of hearing this claim

I do not need to argue with you or anyone about this. Go to your bank and you would confirm that all Nigerian banks provide the service for embassies (not only the British High Commission) to be able to access applicant's bank statements through a password that you would submit with your application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by falilatu: 10:39am On Apr 05, 2022
ellasdelight:

I do not need to argue with you or anyone about this. Go to your bank and you would confirm that all Nigerian banks provide the service for embassies (not only the British High Commission) to be able to access applicant's bank statements through a password that you would submit with your application.

to the best of my knowledge about embassy confirmation.The embassy sends the statement via email to the compliance unit and the complaince unit forwards to the issuing branch or the operations manager of the issuing branch for confirmation.

please note that part of the things confirmed is but to limited to balances alone and alteration.

the embassy does not directly confirm what the balance on the account is.The confirmation is at the descretion of the officer handling the case and how meticulous the officer is and how much attention to the details the officer pays.
but once such is recieved the person handling it checks to see if the balance as at the time statement was printed correlates ,with was is on the system,if they statement has been tampered with (they randomly search for credit or debit entries noted in the sent statement against what is on the system.bla bla bla

but in 2022 who alters of uses oluwole bank statement again.?

About direct access to statement with pin .

This is given to the embassy by the applicant ,which means you agree to allow the embassy access you bank details hence this indemify the bank from issues whatsoever that might arise from disclosure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tytmed: 11:37am On Apr 05, 2022
Ok thank you. So in a situation where a decision was made since last week and the passport has not been given to TLS what can I do please? Travel date is tomorrow .

mimilyrics:
TLS is just the middleman and they do not decide your visas. They only collect your passport, docs and biometrics and transfer this to UKVI. Your passport goes to BHC where your visa vignette is printed and stuck on once a decision is made by the DMC (eg. Sheffield, SA etc.)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tamp2017: 11:44am On Apr 05, 2022
opemipo123456:
Please I need help, I did my biometrics on the 10th Feb 2022, I got a mail on the 15th feb to send further proof of marriage cos it's a dependent visa after which I did, pictures, change of name, chats etc. It's 8weeks now, have called UKVI thrice and sent a paid mail, they said decision has been taken, I visited TLS ikeja, the said they have not receive my document, please house what can I do, alot of people that did after my date have gotten there documenta. Please help

Same thing is happening to me! I am thinking of going to the embassy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tamp2017: 11:48am On Apr 05, 2022
tytmed:

When did u do ur biometrics, mine is since feb 13! I m thinking of going to the British embassy but don’t want to go alone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tamp2017: 11:50am On Apr 05, 2022
tytmed:
Please house still expecting a response.

If we can go in group, mayb something will be done
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Theacefarm(m): 12:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hello guys,,, I got this mail after 4weeks of waiting after I did my biometric… I sent a paid message to know the status and got the following.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. We understand how frustrating these delays are and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.

What dues this means pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by motunrayoo(f): 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
tytmed:

Ok thank you. So in a situation where a decision was made since last week and the passport has not been given to TLS what can I do please? Travel date is tomorrow .

You have to wait or did you book a ticket without having your passport handy?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.