Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (850739 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Alaskaari: 8:41pm On Jun 21, 2023
Good day house,

A friend did biometric on 1st of June at the Ikeja TLS centre and she is yet to get a decision on her application.

Who has any idea what she can do at this point?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
Alaskaari:
Good day house,

A friend did biometric on 1st of June at the Ikeja TLS centre and she is yet to get a decision on her application.

Thanks.

Nothing. Some take more time than others. Hopefully she doesn't need her passport for something else.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2023
She will get a decision tomorrow or Friday. By now the decision must have been made. The few days delay is about putting the vignette on her passport. Mark my words and remember to share the testimony here!

quote author=Alaskaari post=123951276]Good day house,

Thanks.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Atinukemi23: 1:58am On Jun 22, 2023
mosesadio:
Hi friend! Have you got a decision yet?

Not yet still keeping fingers crossed hopefully before the end of this week or latest nextweek although they are currently short staffed and there has been strike of and on about the decision of the home office deporting people to rwanda so fingers crossed.
Are you waiting too ?
When did you submit your biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Atinukemi23: 2:09am On Jun 22, 2023
Cashmadam:

Nothing. Some take more time than others. Hopefully she doesn't need her passport for something else.

Someone who submitted the same time 1st of June but in Abuja TLS got his decision earlier this week.
Mine is 7th of June Ikeja.
Fingers crossed hanging in there.
Definitely before or by end of nextweek.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Holashikemi(f): 3:55am On Jun 22, 2023
Hello Everyone
Please my pof have started recounting again[started all over after 1 week} my question is due to the current fluctuation rate, can I use my second account to back up the first one incase the fund is eventually not enough again ?
Does the 2 account 28days have to run concurrently? Can I start counting for the other account let say a week after the first one started counting. Please your response will be greatly appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 5:03am On Jun 22, 2023
Please Cash Madam bro T, and all the gurus in the house can you help a brother. It's Urgent please..

I and my wife are inviting my mum to the UK and we want to sponsor her all a through we are providing 2 months bank statements with corresponding payslips. Myself I work with agencies I get paid weekly while wifey is the sponsored babe she gets paid monthly. My question now is.

1. My weekly payslips are up to 7, I hope it is all good to send it in. And I know Wifey's own is spot on just 2 months 2 payslips.

2. I have some transactions I did where I sold some naira and got pounds up to the tune of £3000+ do I need to provide any explanation for the deposits of 1500, 500, 500 500 139 respectively in my account. This obviously made up my final balance. So how do I address this. What will be the title of the cover letter.

3. What else can we do please... this is not her first application. In her previous one we used her business account and with a flimsy judgement they gave. Where they took her yearly income as monthly income. But the issue with it, was mainly the fact that there was a mistake in her date of birth. It was different from what I filled for my own visa when I applied, with a middle name not included in her passport but was found in mine declared name for her. Example Her Passport A B while mine form when I filled was A C B

I have resolved 3 with a cover letter for the inadvertent mistake by me and a full sponsorship of her trip by us. So what else please....!!!!!..

4. Can I pull out the money and use it with a reduced balance before decision is made. Also do they go to verify UK account balances sef.

Thanks in anticipation.

God bless us all...

Good morning...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 6:12am On Jun 22, 2023
Yes. I did biometric on 5th June.

quote author=Atinukemi23 post=123954639]

Not yet still keeping fingers crossed hopefully before the end of this week or latest nextweek although they are currently short staffed and there has been strike of and on about the decision of the home office deporting people to rwanda so fingers crossed.
Are you waiting too ?
When did you submit your biometrics?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by smashinb: 7:03am On Jun 22, 2023
Alaskaari:
Good day house,

Thanks.

I am in similar situation. I did biometrics on the 2nd of June at Victoria Island TLs center. I'm still waiting for decision and my passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ezinnescarlet4: 10:21am On Jun 22, 2023
Franklin2323:
//////

I did, I submitted 31 May yet to get a decision. When did u submit?

Hello Good morning, Have you gotten any response from the UKVI yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 11:23am On Jun 22, 2023
Chudycharles:
Please Cash Madam bro T, and all the gurus in the house can you help a brother. It's Urgent please..

I and my wife are inviting my mum to the UK and we want to sponsor her all a through we are providing 2 months bank statements with corresponding payslips. Myself I work with agencies I get paid weekly while wifey is the sponsored babe she gets paid monthly. My question now is.

1. My weekly payslips are up to 7, I hope it is all good to send it in. And I know Wifey's own is spot on just 2 months 2 payslips.

2. I have some transactions I did where I sold some naira and got pounds up to the tune of £3000+ do I need to provide any explanation for the deposits of 1500, 500, 500 500 139 respectively in my account. This obviously made up my final balance. So how do I address this. What will be the title of the cover letter.

3. What else can we do please... this is not her first application. In her previous one we used her business account and with a flimsy judgement they gave. Where they took her yearly income as monthly income. But the issue with it, was mainly the fact that there was a mistake in her date of birth. It was different from what I filled for my own visa when I applied, with a middle name not included in her passport but was found in mine declared name for her. Example Her Passport A B while mine form when I filled was A C B

I have resolved 3 with a cover letter for the inadvertent mistake by me and a full sponsorship of her trip by us. So what else please....!!!!!..

4. Can I pull out the money and use it with a reduced balance before decision is made. Also do they go to verify UK account balances sef.

Thanks in anticipation.

God bless us all...

Good morning...

Please anyone to help me... Please...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Atinukemi23: 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2023
Chudycharles:

If you are both sponsoring the trip why can’t your wife single handedly do that since she’s paid monthly ? She is her MLW.
And why 2 months statements ? I know they say 2 or 3 months is fine but that is if you are applying from Nigeria but in this case both of you are already in the U.K. so I will say minimum of 4months if not 6months. ( I might be wrong ).

If you write a letter to address it to the British high commission and the heading should state letter of Invitation and whomever is sponsoring will states they are sponsoring the trip from flight tickets to feeding and if she is going to be staying at yours your tenancy agreement and council tax or Thames’s water bill should be included.

You see those funds that came into your account would require some explanation and the question is if you write an epistle explaining that in the cover letter how sure are you the ECO will read it a lot of them are lazy, when some are refused you will see that one or more reasons for the refusal was well detailed and explained by the applicants but they don’t care tbh.

For the correction of names I think an affidavit can resolve that to show she is the bearer of ABC and BCA as long it is Not ADE as D and E is not among ABC.

Hence why your madam should invite her perhaps wait a little longer for few months more to print statements not covering those above stated transactions and jointly invite her.

Lastly they verify bank statements here and abroad.

An Uncle of mine who is one of the branch manager in Fidelity bank, the ECO send over 10 students bank statements to their head office for verification of the funds in those accounts and believe it or not all the accounts were FAKE in-fact one had just 20thousand naira in closing balance but submitted a closed statement of 10m ( isn’t that a miracle ?).
You rather wait and do the right thing and get it right or rush and get spanked.

Views expressed is mine alone, weigh others opinion’s too.
All the best.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Atinukemi23: 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2023
Chudycharles:

If they can verify Nigerian bank accounts why not the building society accounts in their country it takes just one EMAIL.
When you tick that declaration box you have accepted to have a background check carried out on you from third parties and who are third the parties ?)
You are number 1
Home office number 2
Third parties and not limited to banks, criminal record even village people lol.

Take it easy bro!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2023
Holashikemi:
Hello Everyone
Please my pof have started recounting again[started all over after 1 week} my question is due to the current fluctuation rate, can I use my second account to back up the first one incase the fund is eventually not enough again ?
Does the 2 account 28days have to run concurrently? Can I start counting for the other account let say a week after the first one started counting. Please your response will be greatly appreciated

You can use two accounts. To avoid confusion, ensure the 28 days count from the same day. Should not matter but it is just to avoid confusion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2023
Chudycharles:

Thanks in anticipation.

God bless us all...

Good morning...

Hmmm. It took me a while to fully understand the situation.

Keep things simple. Use two accounts if that is what you have. Ensure your Mum also has money in her account.

Include a cover letter if that makes you feel better.

Yes, UK accounts can be checked.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2023
Atinukemi23:

If you are both sponsoring the trip why can’t your wife single handedly do that since she’s paid monthly ? She is her MLW.
And why 2 months statements ? I know they say 2 or 3 months is fine but that is if you are applying from Nigeria but in this case both of you are already in the U.K. so I will say minimum of 4months if not 6months. ( I might be wrong ).

If you write a letter to address it to the British high commission and the heading should state letter of Invitation and whomever is sponsoring will states they are sponsoring the trip from flight tickets to feeding and if she is going to be staying at yours your tenancy agreement and council tax or Thames’s water bill should be included.

You see those funds that came into your account would require some explanation and the question is if you write an epistle explaining that in the cover letter how sure are you the ECO will read it a lot of them are lazy, when some are refused you will see that one or more reasons for the refusal was well detailed and explained by the applicants but they don’t care tbh.

For the correction of names I think an affidavit can resolve that to show she is the bearer of ABC and BCA as long it is Not ADE as D and E is not among ABC.

Hence why your madam should invite her perhaps wait a little longer for few months more to print statements not covering those above stated transactions and jointly invite her.

An Uncle of mine who is one of the branch manager in Fidelity bank, the ECO send over 10 students bank statements to their head office for verification of the funds in those accounts and believe it or not all the accounts were FAKE in-fact one had just 20thousand naira in closing balance but submitted a closed statement of 10m ( isn’t that a miracle ?).
You rather wait and do the right thing and get it right or rush and get spanked.

All the best.

Well said. It is better to get it right than get a refusal. It is even worse to get the 10 year ban. I know someone who was accused of using a fake document (she insists it was not fake), was banned for 10 years and has been refused FOUR times after her ban. They find it hard to forgive after a ban. Thank you for your very detailed write up. I hope others found it useful

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2023
smashinb:

I am in similar situation. I did biometrics on the 2nd of June at Victoria Island TLs center. I'm still waiting for decision and my passport

They are getting very busy. This is peak time for student visa applications.

I'm sure you will hear from them soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Teeteeperry: 2:08pm On Jun 22, 2023
I have an enquiry to make and I will be so grateful if I’m given a response by anyone please. I and my partner applied for Uk visa, I’m the main applicant, we did our biometric together on April 26th and I’ve gotten my stamped Uk visa passport back but he didn’t get his until I sent a mail to TLS to ask what’s going on and they sent his refusal mail to me on the basis that he didn’t send additional information to back up his claims that we are partners of which he did on that same day he got the mail to send additional information. We want to file for administrative review but we don’t know how to go about it and he’s still yet to get his passport back from TLS. Your response will be appreciated, thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2023
Teeteeperry:
I have an enquiry to make and I will be so grateful if I’m given a response by anyone please. I and my partner applied for Uk visa, I’m the main applicant, we did our biometric together on April 26th and I’ve gotten my stamped Uk visa passport back but he didn’t get his until I sent a mail to TLS to ask what’s going on and they sent his refusal mail to me on the basis that he didn’t send additional information to back up his claims that we are partners of which he did on that same day he got the mail to send additional information. We want to file for administrative review but we don’t know how to go about it and he’s still yet to get his passport back from TLS. Your response will be appreciated, thank you so much.

Why doesn't he just reapply and ensure he submits all the required documents?

I don't know a lot about admin review but reapplying sounds more straightforward to me.

Perharps others can help.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Agent765: 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2023
Please I want to ask a question? If I’m a ist time applicant for uk visa and I have been rejected twice, ist cause my travel expenses was much compared to my salary cause they were using OANDA calculation and also I didn’t have enough proof that my invitee was my uncle since he is from my dad’s maternal side and we don’t bear same surname. The second refusal was my expenses was so much in the last 6months so I didn’t save much even if I had sufficient money in my account before the 6months, my acc didn’t show enough money for my trip, even tho I said my expenses was way less than what I was spending. Please after wait for 6months and arranging my account do I still apply a 3rd time for same uk visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 5:58pm On Jun 22, 2023
Atinukemi23:

All the best.
Thanks a lot.. I appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2023
Cashmadam:

Hmmm. It took me a while to fully understand the situation.

Keep things simple. Use two accounts if that is what you have. Ensure your Mum also has money in her account.

Include a cover letter if that makes you feel better.

Yes, UK accounts can be checked.

Thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Atinukemi23: 6:40pm On Jun 22, 2023
Agent765:
Please I want to ask a question? If I’m a ist time applicant for uk visa and I have been rejected twice, ist cause my travel expenses was much compared to my salary cause they were using OANDA calculation and also I didn’t have enough proof that my invitee was my uncle since he is from my dad’s maternal side and we don’t bear same surname. The second refusal was my expenses was so much in the last 6months so I didn’t save much even if I had sufficient money in my account before the 6months, my acc didn’t show enough money for my trip, even tho I said my expenses was way less than what I was spending. Please after wait for 6months and arranging my account do I still apply a 3rd time for same uk visa?

Basically you are refused mainly on financial grounds which is very common.
Invitation letter or no invitation letter, if the prince of England invites you and he is not sponsoring your trip you will still be refused based on your personal financial circumstances.

Now third time in the same visa category will now be classified as desperate.
Simple arithmetic.
You Earn 50k monthly.
Your monthly expenditure is 20k ( you are left with 30k)
Let’s assume you are saving that 30k monthly so in 3 months you have (90k savings to do whatever you want ).
Now you apply for U.K. visa

Your flight is 70k
Your feeding for a week or 2weeks cost 15k
Transportation cost 5k
Shopping/ sightseeing cost 10k
In total we have 100k.

You don’t even earn over 100k monthly that is the total cost of your travelling.
Let’s assume you have savings of 90k yet that can’t cover your all trip you have minus 10k
Please who will cover that ? It may seems as not much difference but it means you have nothing left you are basically destitute.?
That is where your sponsor comes in or your employer to assist but when you have none it means you can’t afford that trip based on your monthly wages.
Not until your circumstances changes let’s say you can now earn 150-200k monthly
After your regular expenditure you are still left with a substantial of money so in 3-6months you have up to 500k it means you can afford 100k vacation and still come back with some change without going to borrow to survive before your next salary.
Hope that makes sense.
Forget re applying for now, visit other African countries that are visa free and work on your finances and expenditure and you may re apply without an invitation letter ( I don’t really think they carry much weight like in the past).
When was your last refusal ?
When did you do your biometrics ?
Thanks.
Views expressed is mine alone.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Alaskaari: 8:16pm On Jun 22, 2023
Cashmadam:

Thanks a lot for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Alaskaari: 8:17pm On Jun 22, 2023
mosesadio:
She will get a decision tomorrow or Friday. By now the decision must have been made. The few days delay is about putting the vignette on her passport. Mark my words and remember to share the testimony here!

quote author=Alaskaari post=123951276]Good day house,

Thanks.

Amen to your prayers.

Thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Alaskaari: 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2023
smashinb:

God go favour you brother.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Agent765: 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2023
Atinukemi23:

Basically you are refused mainly on financial grounds which is very common.
Invitation letter or no invitation letter, if the prince of England invites you and he is not sponsoring your trip you will still be refused based on your personal financial circumstances.

Now third time in the same visa category will now be classified as desperate.
Simple arithmetic.
You Earn 50k monthly.
Your monthly expenditure is 20k ( you are left with 30k)
Let’s assume you are saving that 30k monthly so in 3 months you have (90k savings to do whatever you want ).
Now you apply for U.K. visa

Your flight is 70k
Your feeding for a week or 2weeks cost 15k
Transportation cost 5k
Shopping/ sightseeing cost 10k
In total we have 100k.

You don’t even earn over 100k monthly that is the total cost of your travelling.
Let’s assume you have savings of 90k yet that can’t cover your all trip you have minus 10k
Please who will cover that ? It may seems as not much difference but it means you have nothing left you are basically destitute.?
That is where your sponsor comes in or your employer to assist but when you have none it means you can’t afford that trip based on your monthly wages.
Not until your circumstances changes let’s say you can now earn 150-200k monthly
After your regular expenditure you are still left with a substantial of money so in 3-6months you have up to 500k it means you can afford 100k vacation and still come back with some change without going to borrow to survive before your next salary.
Hope that makes sense.
Forget re applying for now, visit other African countries that are visa free and work on your finances and expenditure and you may re apply without an invitation letter ( I don’t really think they carry much weight like in the past).
When was your last refusal ?
When did you do your biometrics ?
Thanks.
Views expressed is mine alone.
I earn over 800k o. I think maybe I need to post the rejections for you to get the story. So it’s not like I didn’t have money. The first time I didn’t know that disposable income story and I was earning 600k plus then so I was thinking since I have saved money so I put about 2,200,000 to travel so they used oanda rate at 400+ to calculate so imagine it in pounds and my monthly spend was 250k they said why will I want to spend half of my savings to travel. I had over 4m in my account then. The second rejection in January I was earning 800k plus, used an agent so I had over 6m in my acc but the last 6months I was spending a lot, I didn’t think they will focus on my outflow. I used an agent so she said they only look at inflow. I was spending like 400-500k monthly and cause issues were coming up and I put 170k as my monthly spend. So even though my opening balance was over 6m, at the end of 6months my balance only grew by 1m or so. So they didn’t believe I had money to travel. So I moved some money out of my acc and kept my monthly spend at minimum of 170k range for 6months now so wondering If i should try a 3rd time?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Atinukemi23: 12:45am On Jun 23, 2023
Agent765:
I earn over 800k o. I think maybe I need to post the rejections for you to get the story. So it’s not like I didn’t have money. The first time I didn’t know that disposable income story and I was earning 600k plus then so I was thinking since I have saved money so I put about 2,200,000 to travel so they used oanda rate at 400+ to calculate so imagine it in pounds and my monthly spend was 250k they said why will I want to spend half of my savings to travel. I had over 4m in my account then. The second rejection in January I was earning 800k plus, used an agent so I had over 6m in my acc but the last 6months I was spending a lot, I didn’t think they will focus on my outflow. I used an agent so she said they only look at inflow. I was spending like 400-500k monthly and cause issues were coming up and I put 170k as my monthly spend. So even though my opening balance was over 6m, at the end of 6months my balance only grew by 1m or so. So they didn’t believe I had money to travel. So I moved some money out of my acc and kept my monthly spend at minimum of 170k range for 6months now so wondering If i should try a 3rd time?

I just feel you should wait a little bit longer before re applying and work on your monthly expenditure but before re applying it will be good if you can go travel to somewhere in Africa.

They definitely look at inflow and outflow, the illustration I used if your outgoing is half or over half of your monthly income you definitely won’t be able to afford the trip to them even though you submitted a decent bank account.

When was your recent refusal ?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jenniferade: 6:09am On Jun 23, 2023
Good morning,

Pls I want to apply for a visit visa for my parents to come for my wedding in Uk from Nigeria. I am on Post graduate visa in Uk and my husband is a Canadian

I don’t know what documents would be needed for their application and how long it will take.

Someone should help me Abeg
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Agent765: 6:39am On Jun 23, 2023
Atinukemi23:

I just feel you should wait a little bit longer before re applying and work on your monthly expenditure but before re applying it will be good if you can go travel to somewhere in Africa.

They definitely look at inflow and outflow, the illustration I used if your outgoing is half or over half of your monthly income you definitely won’t be able to afford the trip to them even though you submitted a decent bank account.

When was your recent refusal ?
it was in January. Since Feb I have not spent more than 170k on that account so the account will be ready by end of July. That’s why I’m asking when the account is ready do I try the Uk for the 3rd time or do shenghen visa or i don’t know?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Atinukemi23: 7:15am On Jun 23, 2023
Agent765:
it was in January. Since Feb I have not spent more than 170k on that account so the account will be ready by end of July. That’s why I’m asking when the account is ready do I try the Uk for the 3rd time or do shenghen visa or i don’t know?

Do Schengen if you can and travel, then re apply and keep the account rhythmic and you can gallantly include the past travel history in your fresh application, your third time should be really prepared for.
If you re apply again now they wonder if it is only U.K. is in the world why not else where and to them you are very desperate and that desperation means you are not genuinely seeking to come as a visitor you have other agenda it is that simple.
But you know we humans have coconut head, if you feel you want to try again now please do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: jejeman and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.