Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,396 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (830596 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeyemi007: 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2023
You'd be sad already if you had received any emaik from the Home Office. Your Visa is issued, provided you didn't receive anything in your inbox/spam
Great090:
Hi everyone
I applied for a 6 month visit visa jun 7th and paid for courier service return.
I just got an sms from DHL this morning that my passport is on its way to my house.

I am worried because I did not get any email from ukvi about the outcome of my aplication.

Anyone experienced this before?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by uniquepb(f): 1:30pm On Jun 26, 2023
giselle237:
family visa? And work visa dont go in same circumstance

What he meant is dependants visa alongside main applicant.

My concern in his case is, the decision of his dependants shouldn't affect his Visa because he did priority.

We did the same day and am yet to receive mine too.
So definitely something is wrong with our application of 6th of June(noon)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adedotun123: 1:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
[quote author=giselle237 post=124044779] family visa? And work visa dont go in same circumstance[/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ssgi4in1(m): 2:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
wify and I wanted to spend our honeymoon in the UK when we wedded in 2019 but I was denied. WE later went to Dubai. I applied to Australia and got a 1 year visa and I just came back from Australia after visiting for 2 weeks.

When I applied to UK, though my company was registered it wasn't operational then and I declared I was earning a monthly income of 500,000. But since then my personal and company account is not bad.

I need advice how to go about re-applying for a visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by BRAINNY(m): 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2023
Guys, standard visa for Tier 4 (Study visa) has been pending since May 22nd. Pls anyone with a similar experience? This is taking too long. angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:23pm On Jun 26, 2023
ssgi4in1:
wify and I wanted to spend our honeymoon in the UK when we wedded in 2019 but I was denied. WE later went to Dubai. I applied to Australia and got a 1 year visa and I just came back from Australia after visiting for 2 weeks.

When I applied to UK, though my company was registered it wasn't operational then and I declared I was earning a monthly income of 500,000. But since then my personal and company account is not bad.

I need advice how to go about re-applying for a visiting visa

Use a new updated salary that can be proven in light of current realities and oanda exchange rates.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ufemia26: 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hi everyone, I am currently in the UK on a student visa with my husband. However, I recently put to bed and regarding that i wish to sponsor my mom on a 3 months visit to the Uk. I and my hubby will cover her expenses to the UK. I want to know the list of documents they expect my mom to present. Secondly, how much pounds is the minimum amount of POF are we expected to show in our Uk accounts?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vozkini(m): 8:35pm On Jun 26, 2023
Atinukemi23:

It was hers.
They are well traveled, valid USA visa Valid Canada Visa Valid Schengen visa.
She is into Poultry and Fish pond Business
Savings accounts, business accounts, domiciliary accounts, registration of business, CAC, tax clearance, hotel booking, cover letter, copy of my passport, utility bill, invoices, evidence of children in full time education, landed properties, assets and so much more bla bla bla.

But the ECO wasn’t satisfied.
Like I said earlier you can submit all you have and still get spanked and you can make a big mistake and still get granted.
Game of Luck do play important role.
I told them they can continue to enjoy their visas and leave U.K. alone for now.
Hope this helps.
You are absolutely right. Travel to UK alone before and wanted to renew my visa and included my family. They denied us on a flimsy excuse. Most of them just Dey there Dey deny visa on any flimsy excuses.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nadnad: 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
Good Evening Peeps,
I need help, will I be able to change unto priority services after submission and appointment booking.

Or can I pay for Priority when I go for biometrics
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by BRAINNY(m): 6:20am On Jun 27, 2023
Hi all, I am awaiting responses. Capturing was done in Ikeja on the 22nd of May, it's getting tiring waiting with no response whatsoever. Standard service for a student visa; it's been more than a month already.

BRAINNY:
Guys, standard visa for Tier 4 (Study visa) has been pending since May 22nd. Pls anyone with a similar experience? This is taking too long. angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NSE19: 7:52am On Jun 27, 2023
Good morning,

Please is it advisable to apply directly for the six months UK tourist visa after a US student visa rejection in April this year.

I work in an organization with a presence all over the world,
My only travel history is to Ghana for two days; my passport was stamped.
I have about 3m in POF.

Do I apply to the UK right away for holiday in December or visit another African country for holiday before applying.

Please your feedback would be greatly appreciated as I have to be in the UK in December but I do not want to risk another rejection. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:56am On Jun 27, 2023
NSE19:
Good morning,
Please is it advisable to apply directly for the six months UK tourist visa after a US student visa rejection in April this year.
I work in an organization with a presence all over the world,
My only travel history is to Ghana for two days; my passport was stamped.
I have about 3m in POF.
Do I apply to the UK right away for holiday in December or visit another African country for holiday before applying.
Please your feedback would be greatly appreciated as I have to be in the UK in December but I do not want to risk another rejection. Thank you.
UK visa is basically about your personal circumstances and how convinced they are that u would go back to Nigeria if given the visa . Read about home ties and how to locate your strengths and convince them to see these ties as a reason why you would return to Nigeria. African countries visas do not hold much water as travel history. Also they do not care if you have 10 million dollars in your account. How was the 10 million dollars acquired and do you have funds readily available or a means of sustenance readily available.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:58am On Jun 27, 2023
Ufemia26:
Hi everyone, I am currently in the UK on a student visa with my husband. However, I recently put to bed and regarding that i wish to sponsor my mom on a 3 months visit to the Uk. I and my hubby will cover her expenses to the UK. I want to know the list of documents they expect my mom to present. Secondly, how much pounds is the minimum amount of POF are we expected to show in our Uk accounts?
it depends on her personal circumstances in Nigeria and how to convince them that she would be returning. Stick to a shorter duration say 1 month. If she is successful you can then do your 3 months. 4 to 5k pounds is not bad and there has to be a clear source of income and proof to show that even if u sponsor this trip you are still able to to sustain the family financially. Delve into her personal circumstances and see what ties you can prove that she has to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwauwa(m): 11:36am On Jun 27, 2023
are priority servicies being hoarded in VI center or its all truly sold out? no priority date till 17th July? shocked
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ekwuemma(m): 12:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
Good afternoon house, please I want to know what I will need for my visa application. I have admission already & I need help on how to go with my visa application for me and my wife
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:47pm On Jun 27, 2023
Lightheightsltd:

You can re-apply with your old documents but you need to review and improve on them.
To explore this further and receive personalized guidance based on your specific situation, we recommend scheduling a consultation with our expert consultants. They will provide you with comprehensive assistance and help navigate the visa application process effectively.
Click the link in our bio to book a consultation with our team of professionals today. Let us guide you towards a successful visa application and a smooth journey to your desired destination.
We look forward to assisting you on your journey!
expert isonu! Please rest.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ekwuemma:
Good afternoon house, please I want to know what I will need for my visa application. I have admission already & I need help on how to go with my visa application for me and my wife
student visa? Check the uk tier 4 student visa thread
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwauwa(m): 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
giselle237:
expert isonu! Please rest.
grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cbn4main: 11:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
giselle237:
get the visa first. I will be happy to give you examples of what’s worked for others then. On expiration of 6 months visa then u can get 2 yrs or 5 yrs or 10 yrs as some mentioned

Thank you for the response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mrflow1: 11:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
Good day,

A friend's appointment at TLS ikeja is tomorrow. Wondering how they will open on a public holiday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Momoftwins: 1:14am On Jun 28, 2023
hi, Giselle
i sent you an email please
giselle237:
it depends on her personal circumstances in Nigeria and how to convince them that she would be returning. Stick to a shorter duration say 1 month. If she is successful you can then do your 3 months. 4 to 5k pounds is not bad and there has to be a clear source of income and proof to show that even if u sponsor this trip you are still able to to sustain the family financially. Delve into her personal circumstances and see what ties you can prove that she has to Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:53am On Jun 28, 2023
Momoftwins:
hi, Giselle
i sent you an email please
unable to view the email. Mention me on a dead thread

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ajalalomo: 11:47am On Jun 28, 2023
Please I need advice concerning my junior brother application.

He is working making around 250k as Telecom tower/mast installer, saving account showing around 5 million. Not married but has a child. Never traveled before.

With this new exchange rate, do you think he has a chance?

His baby mama said she can help him get an employee plane ticket for around £300. She works with BA, and she included my brother on her travel benefits

@giselle237 and other gurus in the house, please I need your input.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2023
Ajalalomo:
Please I need advice concerning my junior brother application.
He is working making around 250k as Telecom tower/mast installer, saving account showing around 5 million. Not married but has a child. Never traveled before.
With this new exchange rate, do you think he has a chance?
His baby mama said she can help him get an employee plane ticket for around £300. She works with BA, and she included my brother on her travel benefits
@giselle237 and other gurus in the house, please I need your input.
250k and when they remove monthly expenses its left with how much? This salary alone before they have removed their monthly expenses wont cut it. But that’s my own opinion.
5 million acquired how?? ECO will gladly deny once origin of funds can not be proved on paper
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ajalalomo: 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2023
giselle237:
250k and when they remove monthly expenses its left with how much? This salary alone before they have removed their monthly expenses wont cut it. But that’s my own opinion.
5 million acquired how?? ECO will gladly deny once origin of funds can not be proved on paper

He acquired the savings through his job. Apart from his salary, he gets pay bonuses biannually. His first bonus for the year supposed to be at end of this month, the money is about 500k but not paid yet. To be paid with July salary, but he received the notice 2 days ago.

Also, him and his baby mama footing the household expenses.

I just need your honest advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2023
Ajalalomo:

He acquired the savings through his job. Apart from his salary, he gets pay bonuses biannually. His first bonus for the year supposed to be at end of this month, the money is about 500k but not paid yet. To be paid with July salary, but he received the notice 2 days ago.
Also, him and his baby mama footing the household expenses.I just need your honest advice.
then let his job give him a properly structured letter stating all these acquisitions. Look at it this way, the visa officers feel there are 195 other countries you can go to, you don’t have to come to the UK, so why should they give you the visa? Work on his circumstances if it is workable
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ajalalomo: 9:25pm On Jun 28, 2023
giselle237:
then let his job give him a properly structured letter stating all these acquisitions. Look at it this way, the visa officers feel there are 195 other countries you can go to, you don’t have to come to the UK, so why should they give you the visa? Work on his circumstances if it is workable

Ok, thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ajalalomo: 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2023
Thegamingorca:

No hope, in light of oanda exchange rates he needs to change his job to one that will offer him atleast 400k per month. I'm not saying he should quit his current job oh, I'm saying create ghost work for visa purpose

Since he has 5million he can painstakingly look for where he can draft employment letter with letterheaded of a company with atleast registeration on CAC (any company will do) and state therein that he will be earning 400k per month basic salary with annual salary of 4.8million for whatever job post as long as it tallies with whatever he graduated with in school here cos he will also need his degree and associated post grad certs if any when applying grin.

He will need a new bank account to go with this that the company can be paying into on a particular day of every month and run it for 4months.

He can grow the money from 300thousand opening account in his new account for the company to be paying into and strictly spend not more than 50k every month with that his 5million that he already has.

If the money reach 1.8m or more after the 4 months, he is home and dry to apply. grin

If he does this the only thing he will need to prove when applying are letters of casual leave from this fictitious workplace on a week visit to the UK reinforced by cover letter ofcourse grin

Ok, thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Momoftwins: 12:16am On Jun 29, 2023
i dont know to do this please, i mean the dead thread thingy

can you guide me please

giselle237:
unable to view the email. Mention me on a dead thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Arise01 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.