Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (830304 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2023
[

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2023
Ufemia26:
I am shattered šŸ˜­.
My mom's visit visa application was refused today. I got the refusal mail this night. I submitted my payslip and husband's payslip, our account statements showing close to 11k pounds, my mom's account statement showing 1.5m, infact enough documentation from my end. Her reason for visit is to come see her first grand child as I put to bed 2 months ago.

So sorry for the refusal.

I don't want to repeat what others have already pointed out as I know it will only aggravate your disappointment.

I think the two months she stated for her visit might have been an issue. I say "might" as sometimes, one never really know the exact reason for a refusal...

From my perspective, if you are really busy in Nigeria, why would you want to spend two months in the UK? In my entire life, I have never spent more than four weeks in the UK. Or any other Country for that matter. And I have an extensive travel history. I have UK and SA visas I never used. Please note that I'm not trying to brag. I'm only trying to illustrate a point. My point is: Caseworkers like it when you appear almost "disinterested". In summary, when you don't appear too eager or desperate.

Your Mum needs to show that she has a busy life in Nigeria and cannot afford to stay in the UK for a long time. Focus on your Mum's financial status. Reduce the duration of her visit.

The question is - Can your Mum afford to travel based solely on her savings and/or income (without a sponsor)?

Once you can answer that question and prove it, she will get the visa by God's grace.

My suggestion: She should build her savings for the rest of the year and apply sometime in Q1 2024.

And don't compare two applications. No two applications are identical. Each person's circumstance is unique to that person. The caseworkers are different.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by milliki: 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
Hello everyone. Please I have some questions.

1. I initiated payment for IHS on Wednesday but my payment was declined and account debited. How long do I have to wait for refund?

2. Do I need a transit visa if layover is in Doha Qatar?

Please help me answer these questions. Thank you ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2023
milliki:

1. I initiated payment for IHS on Wednesday but my payment was declined and account debited. How long do I have to wait for refund?

2. Do I need a transit visa if layover is in Doha Qatar? No

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ufemia26: 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
Atinukemi23:
l

We challenged the ECO decision last month for reconsideration, like I said previously it is not all the ECO that knows what he or she is doing, some roasted me for that statement, I have seen so many refusals that made absolute no sense, they are humans, they have hormones too we have the bad eggs among them who just refuse you based on flimsy excuse(s).
I didnā€™t take the second refusal likely, as there was no difference between the previous refusal which was last year, and the this recent one and it is based on financial grounds( enough sufficient funds with proof). (Looked more like a copy and paste to me ) Pre action protocol (PAP) was sent to the home office giving them 14days to reconsider before taking it further to court for JR.
They responded on the 14th day and yes a senior caseworker in his/ her right senses looked at the evidence submitted and he/she did agreed it was sufficient enough to grant the entry clearance visiting visa in the first place.
If we had accepted fate and re - apply the third time it MAY be refused again and that is too much dent, although they claim every new application(s) is decided based on its merit but I do not want to believe they do not look at your past history with them in concluding.
So fingers crossed on when my aunt and her children will be asked to bring their passports, it shouldnā€™t take up to 3months sha.
Sometimes you just have to push some buttons.
Donā€™t let the refusal bring you down, but first, do the right thing.
And good luck to everyone.

Hello.
How do I challenge my mother's own. On the refusal letter they said I can't appeal or request for administrative review.
This was the reason for refusal

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Instablog9ja: 3:14pm On Aug 13, 2023
Ufemia26:

Hello.
How do I challenge my mother's own. On the refusal letter they said I can't appeal or request for administrative review.
This was the reason for refusal
you can only challenge it through judicial review. And before legal proceedings, you must inform the other party(home office) so Pre-action Protocol must be sent either by the claimant or legal representative, so the home office has 14days to respond if they will give you a relief/alternative (mostly re-review of the decision for a specific timeframe {3months}) or they respond saying the decision was right and you can go to court.

Get your grounds and facts right first.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/pre-action-protocol-for-judicial-review
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by milliki: 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2023
Any WhatsApp group for students going to UK this September? And anyone going to City University of London? Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2023
tobounty:
Abeg what's the latest date someone whose resumption date is 11/9/23 can enter the UK. And anybody that can help me with agent that can book flight at affordable rate to the UK.

Send me an email, I am a travel agent. I have booked my flight, traveling october
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nanorest:

If Ur budget is low, book for September ending

Even September ending is 1m and above
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 3:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
milliki:

2. Do I need a transit visa if layover is in Doha Qatar?

You donā€™t need a transit visa to transit through Doha using Qatar Airways

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nanorest: 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2023
Longjonjoe:

Even September ending is 1m and above

It's not. It depends on where you are looking
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2023
Can I apply for a UK visa more than 3 months in advance (can I apply on , say, September 1and put my arrival date in UK as Jan 1 for example). I have already submitted the application and my biometrics appointment have been made.

What do you advise I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 14, 2023
giselle237:
hello
They will not ignore her personal circumstances and use your circumstances to judge if they will give visa. Itā€™s the applicantā€™s circumstances in their home country that counts.
U need to show her ties to Nigeria which u did not.
U banked on the fact that you have money in your account and so they shud give her visa. It doesnā€™t work that way. Sorry. They need to be sure she has things doing in Nigeria or ppl in Nigeria that will cause her to return. U need to work on that.
Then loading her account with 1.5million is not goin to work in solitary. Explain her own situation to them.

Hi Giselle237
I just want to find out whether there was any issue with using Fidelity statement from the mobile app? Did you get visa with it? I saw your post in June where you were asking if you could use it for visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:59am On Aug 14, 2023
Happiness09:

Hi Giselle237
I just want to find out whether there was any issue with using Fidelity statement from the mobile app? Did you get visa with it? I saw your post in June where you were asking if you could use it for visa application?
Me asking? Canā€™t be me. I also didnā€™t apply for visa application in June or July or before then.
You are free to use mobile app statements. I know this and wouldnā€™t have been asking such.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2023
jesufifunmi:
Can I apply for a UK visa more than 3 months in advance (can I apply on , say, September 1and put my arrival date in UK as Jan 1 for example). I have already submitted the application and my biometrics appointment have been made.What do you advise I do?
If you have already submitted and made biometrics appointment then you have already applied. You are only waiting to give your fingerprints
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 14, 2023
giselle237:
Me asking? Canā€™t be me. I also didnā€™t apply for visa application in June or July or before then.
You are free to use mobile app statements. I know this and wouldnā€™t have been asking such.

I probably quoted the wrong person. I want to submit the statement from the app and wanted to be sure. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 11:02am On Aug 14, 2023
Nanorest:

It's not. It depends on where you are looking

Believe me, no airline now from Lagos or abuja going to anywhere in the UK that is less than 1m from now till September 29th. Except schengen European airlines that requires transit visas to pass through
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by milliki: 11:40am On Aug 14, 2023
How much is IHS? Iā€™m seeing two different amount. One 624 and 470 pounds. Which one is it? Please help ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by puffmama: 11:42am On Aug 14, 2023
It depends on your start date and end date of your course ..add he details on the IHS calculator and you will have your exact figure
quote author=milliki post=125100232]How much is IHS? Iā€™m seeing two different amount. One 624 and 470 pounds. Which one is it? Please help ooo[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by milliki: 11:44am On Aug 14, 2023
puffmama:
It depends on your start date and end date of your course ..add he details on the IHS calculator and you will have your exact figure
quote author=milliki post=125100232]How much is IHS? Iā€™m seeing two different amount. One 624 and 470 pounds. Which one is it? Please help ooo

My start date is sept 25 2023 and ends June 30 2024
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by puffmama: 12:04pm On Aug 14, 2023
I used the calculator and got 705 pounds but you can try it using your own exact details

https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/type

quote author=milliki post=125100306]

My start date is sept 25 2023 and ends June 30 2024[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by milliki: 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
ā€œPayment declinedā€ that is the message Iā€™m getting after initiating payment for IHS. What could be the problem? Please help oo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 4:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
Please can you help guide me:

From time Dating started to Tier 2 or SWV visa application = 2years.
Marriage to visa application = 6months

Can the couple apply for the visa together as main applicant and dependant?

If yes, what documents can be used to prove they've been together for 2years?

How much is the visa and health surchage?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
nwaogukings03:
Please can you help guide me:From time Dating started to Tier 2 or SWV visa application = 2years.
Marriage to visa application = 6months
Can the couple apply for the visa together as main applicant and dependant? If yes, what documents can be used to prove they've been together for 2years?How much is the visa and health surchage?
For UKVI as long as you are married you donā€™t have to prove your relationship according to duration, you just need to prove that the marriage is a genuine one and subsisting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2023
giselle237:
For UKVI as long as you are married you donā€™t have to prove your relationship according to duration, you just need to prove that the marriage is a genuine one and subsisting.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
nwaogukings03:
Thanks
so have all your evidence as written on the gov.uk website.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Apriltreasure: 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2023
Please this is what Iā€™ve been going through trying to book my appointment, Iā€™ve used different fidelity usd master card, all have been unsuccessful. Please does anyone know how I can go on about this?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by evenda: 7:19pm On Aug 14, 2023
Can someone please help me understand:

Currently applying for family visa for our 3rd child. He is the only applicant, his sibling are already in UK on a family visa .

To calculate the financial requirement, Iā€™m being asked this? Is it a YES or No.
the other children are already here, are they also counted as someone being sponsored by me ?(they are on the 2nd half of the 5years family visa)

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2023
giselle237:
If you have already submitted and made biometrics appointment then you have already applied. You are only waiting to give your fingerprints
what do you advice I do? Should I cancel and request for a refund while a fill a new application when it is less than 3 months to my proposed travel date? Or I should risk it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by milliki: 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2023
How can I book an appointment? Does this mean if I pick times highlighted in red I wonā€™t get an appointment? Please someone should enlighten me biko

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thewritingnerd(f): 10:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
Wait. Is this MY image? šŸ˜¹

Iā€™m also interested in the answer anyways šŸ™ˆ

milliki:
How can I book an appointment? Does this mean if I pick times highlighted in red I wonā€™t get an appointment? Please someone should enlighten me biko
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Apriltreasure: 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2023
Please how else can I book my appointment? I live in Benin city and all my payments are unsuccessful

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: agabusta and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.