Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,693 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (830881 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sam2305: 11:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
giselle237:
There’s no what if. You are in the picture. The form she will fill. She will be asked questions about spouse and location of spouse etc .. no point telling lies because it will come back in the end to catch all and sundry.
Also earning 120k job can not get her a uk visit visa. I have to be honest with you

Why I said that is cos at the point of applying for her visit visa,,I will still be in naija ...so location of spouse will be Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by agathacally: 3:58am On Aug 15, 2023
Apriltreasure:
Please how else can I book my appointment? I live in Benin city and all my payments are unsuccessful

What centre are you trying to book the appointment?

Also tls site uses PAYU so the amount you see trying to pay has to display in naira . I see you mentioned something about usd card

If the amount is in naira, any naira MASTERCARD will work

I had this issue when I tried using phc centre . The money was only displayed in pounds and no card worked . Not even card from UK

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dave0450(m): 3:58am On Aug 15, 2023
I use my company letterhead as reference for uk student visa application. UKVI now send mail to them but they are refusing to reply the mail saying I didn't follow due process by informing the headquarter office before using the company letterhead for such things. Which I did not know because it was the branch office I use the letterhead from and I was thinking that they ukvi will contact the branch office bcoz the official email of the branch is on the letterhead. I have plead with the headquarter office but they are adamant that they will not reply the mail even to the extent that they want to sanction me. Please what can I do in this situation? I have spend a lot to get to this stage
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Raph72: 4:18am On Aug 15, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
Wait. Is this MY image? 😹

I’m also interested in the answer anyways 🙈

They want you to pay for Flexi or prime time. I was forced to pay for prime..if you no get money, keep trying for other days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 5:50am On Aug 15, 2023
dave0450:
I use my company letterhead as reference for uk student visa application. UKVI now send mail to them but they are refusing to reply the mail saying I didn't follow due process by informing the headquarter office before using the company letterhead for such things. Which I did not know because it was the branch office I use the letterhead from and I was thinking that they ukvi will contact the branch office bcoz the official email of the branch is on the letterhead. I have plead with the headquarter office but they are adamant that they will not reply the mail even to the extent that they want to sanction me. Please what can I do in this situation? I have spend a lot to get to this stage

Go to the Head Office to day and beg the person in charge.

Your visa may be refused if there is no response from your office.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Apriltreasure: 6:03am On Aug 15, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:10am On Aug 15, 2023
Sam2305:
Why I said that is cos at the point of applying for her visit visa,,I will still be in naija ...so location of spouse will be Nigeria
I don’t know what you want me to say again. I am afraid but I am unable to tell you what you want to hear. She has low chances. She can’t even afford her trip and needs an uncle to help pay. Goodluck in the decision you make but stop quoting me as at this point with the personal circumstances history you gave I can’t dance to your tune.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Apriltreasure: 6:10am On Aug 15, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Apriltreasure: 6:16am On Aug 15, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:17am On Aug 15, 2023
jesufifunmi:
what do you advice I do? Should I cancel and request for a refund while a fill a new application when it is less than 3 months to my proposed travel date? Or I should risk it?
Different strokes for different folks. I checked your username and the visa(s) you have. You can try your luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 15, 2023
giselle237:
Hunger will still finish you. Go and give all your family members COS and stop constituting a nuisance on this thread. Change your username 1 million times, you will still remain hungry.

You shouldn't have quoted the thief!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:28am On Aug 15, 2023
Opurumiri:

You shouldn't have quoted the thief!!!!
I will unquote pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Apriltreasure: 6:49am On Aug 15, 2023
agathacally:

What centre are you trying to book the appointment?

Also tls site uses PAYU so the amount you see trying to pay has to display in naira . I see you mentioned something about usd card

If the amount is in naira, any naira MASTERCARD will work

I had this issue when I tried using phc centre . The money was only displayed in pounds and no card worked . Not even card from UK

I’m using Victoria island center, please how did you fix the problem with the phc center? I’m having the same challenge with this Victoria island center the payment is in pounds and no card will work, the payment method is with Realex payment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by agathacally: 7:24am On Aug 15, 2023
Apriltreasure:

I’m using Victoria island center, please how did you fix the problem with the phc center? I’m having the same challenge with this Victoria island center the payment is in pounds and no card will work, the payment method is with Realex payment

Okay I don’t know about realex payment. Are you trying to pay for priority or super priority? That’s when it shows pounds I think . The people who were able to pay for this should be able to enlighten you

For mine, I sent an email to TLS , they didn’t reply on time so I cancelled that application and changed my centre to Abuja .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by milliki: 8:23am On Aug 15, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
Wait. Is this MY image? 😹

I’m also interested in the answer anyways 🙈

Yes, I am also stucked. Don’t know how to select the date
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Apriltreasure: 8:34am On Aug 15, 2023
agathacally:

Okay I don’t know about realex payment. Are you trying to pay for priority or super priority? That’s when it shows pounds I think . The people who were able to pay for this should be able to enlighten you

For mine, I sent an email to TLS , they didn’t reply on time so I cancelled that application and changed my centre to Abuja .

I’m not paying for a priority, this whole thing is very tiring, after cancellation, do they refund instantly?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrSoftlife(f): 8:55am On Aug 15, 2023
Apriltreasure:
Please how else can I book my appointment? I live in Benin city and all my payments are unsuccessful

Are you using a dollar card?
Have you done any previous transactions with the card?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mastermindx: 9:25am On Aug 15, 2023
MrSoftlife:

Hello sir
I have a chipper virtual dollar card with a daily limit of $2500
Will this work?

I live in benin and I’m still trying to decide between ikeja and Abuja tls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrSoftlife(f): 9:40am On Aug 15, 2023
Mastermindx:

Hello sir
Will this work?

It should.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Apriltreasure: 10:19am On Aug 15, 2023
MrSoftlife:

Yes I’m using fidelity dollar master card.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Apriltreasure: 10:21am On Aug 15, 2023
Mastermindx:

Hello sir
Will this work?

Hello, I also live in Benin, can you let me know if it works please 🙏🏾
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ufemia26: 10:29am On Aug 15, 2023
giselle237:
hello
They will not ignore her personal circumstances and use your circumstances to judge if they will give visa. It’s the applicant’s circumstances in their home country that counts.
U need to show her ties to Nigeria which u did not.
U banked on the fact that you have money in your account and so they shud give her visa. It doesn’t work that way. Sorry. They need to be sure she has things doing in Nigeria or ppl in Nigeria that will cause her to return. U need to work on that.
Then loading her account with 1.5million is not goin to work in solitary. Explain her own situation to them.

Thanks Giselle for your feedback back. It is true that I didn't provide any supporting documents to show ties in Nigeria and the reason was because my mom is a widow. She has a petty business that is not currently registered, a landed property that hasn't been valued. The only supporting document I provided was a recommendation letter from her church. Recently she got a job she would resume by November, but has been given a Job offer letter yet. So I didn't know what to do as I need her around ASAP to help me hold my baby whilst I concentrate and complete my Msc dissertation. I guess the ECO that handled my application followed rules to letter.

Should registering her business now and valuing her property before making a new visa application in six months time raise any doubts?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:38am On Aug 15, 2023
Ufemia26:

Thanks Giselle for your feedback back. It is true that I didn't provide any supporting documents to show ties in Nigeria and the reason was because my mom is a widow. She has a petty business that is not currently registered, a landed property that hasn't been valued. The only supporting document I provided was a recommendation letter from her church. Recently she got a job she would resume by November, but has been given a Job offer letter yet. So I didn't know what to do as I need her around ASAP to help me hold my baby whilst I concentrate and complete my Msc dissertation. I guess the ECO that handled my application followed rules to letter.Should registering her business now and valuing her property before making a new visa application in six months time raise any doubts?
There’s a lady that her mom is a farmer and has applied for the visa and gotten it. She is elderly and the rules are different. It is not compulsory to have a job but show the petty business or farming, other children in Nigeria, the landed property without value is not a problem etc … There are different ways to prove this. Pictures are the first step. Even snapping photos in a stall with the clothes or whatever she is selling a great step. Try and search this thread first.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lordcrixus: 1:53pm On Aug 15, 2023
jesufifunmi:
what do you advice I do? Should I cancel and request for a refund while a fill a new application when it is less than 3 months to my proposed travel date? Or I should risk it?

Hello Jesufifunmi,
You do not need to cancel the application because of the date, the visa will be issued close to your proposed date of entry (one or two weeks before the date). As in your stated example, the visa will be issued one or two weeks before January 1st. Even the home office usually advice visa applicants to apply ahead of their travel date. What you need to bother about is if your application is water tight.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Simplezart(f): 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2023
How did they get the head office details
dave0450:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thewritingnerd(f): 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2023
I just had to close my eyes and pay oh.

Raph72:

They want you to pay for Flexi or prime time. I was forced to pay for prime..if you no get money, keep trying for other days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thewritingnerd(f): 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dandicker: 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
Good evening house, Please house I need your assistance @ duchess90 and Advance DNA.. I applied for temporary work visa - creative as (TRADITIONAL GUITARISTS), have gone for biometrics since 31/07/2023. I just got a message from UKVI to come for interview on the 23 of August 2023. Please what are the questions should I expect them to ask. As I have my certificate of sponsorship (cos) with me. Please help me out thanks. Please help me out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jesusfallsatan(f): 8:23pm On Aug 15, 2023
Hello All,

I need urgent advice on who to contact at the UK visa issurance in Lagos.

My wife as submitted a visa application for herself and my son without my consent. I got to know she want to leave for the UK with my son to claim asylum. She applied for the same visiting visa last year November but was denied. She has applied again paying agent big money to secure visiting visa for her and my son.

I am afraid she might be granted this time around and leave the country with my son without my consent.

Please, who do I contact to stop their visa application. Please advice adequately. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mofolam: 8:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jesusfallsatan:
Hello All,

I need urgent advice on who to contact at the UK visa issurance in Lagos.

My wife as submitted a visa application for herself and my son without my consent. I got to know she want to leave for the UK with my son to claim asylum. She applied for the same visiting visa last year November but was denied. She has applied again paying agent big money to secure visiting visa for her and my son.

I am afraid she might be granted this time around and leave the country with my son without my consent.

Please, who do I contact to stop their visa application. Please advice adequately. Thanks
Do you have his Int passport details?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jesusfallsatan(f): 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2023
Mofolam:

Do you have his Int passport details?

Yes I do. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 9:04pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jesusfallsatan:
Yes I do. Thanks
You can send UKVI a paid mail or send a mail to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
Why is your moniker saying ‘f’ though as in female?

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Onyiiiiibeke(f), lionlee216(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.