Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,173 members, 7,829,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (844347 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (623) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by royalmu: 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2022
Legend1145:
Evening house please my intended traveling date for visiting visa is tomorrow and decision has not been made on the visa application. We it affect the outcome of the Visa? Thanks
No, it won't.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by puffmama: 8:50pm On Apr 06, 2022
9ine1one:
Hello family... I am working for my family company is it OK to submit my employment letter and also add the company cac documents as proof that the company belongs to my family? Maybe I can as well write a cover letter to explain? I am using my personal account statement tho

Introduction letter from the company is fine , you don't need to add the CAC account statement as the company account isn't for your personal use .

Ensure your personal account shows you get paid from the company on a monthly basis or profit sharing or bonuses.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yinks4short: 10:28pm On Apr 06, 2022
Good evening house. I need everyone’s help to analyze the profile below for UK visiting visa this summer.
What are her chances of getting a visa or better still, how should she present her case?

-Not legally divorced but separated from husband, so technically married (he’ll give consent for the children)
-Self employed but not a lot of income is being generated, she quit her employment late last year
-company has been registered years ago but the company account is less than 3 months (old one was closed)
-Has travel history to Dubai, India and USA. All 3 countries visited more than once but hasn’t traveled in 6+ years
-children are US citizens

Also, Please how much does a mum with two children need to have in her account as PoF for UK visit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:26am On Apr 07, 2022
Yinks4short:
Good evening house. I need everyone’s help to analyze the profile below for UK visiting visa this summer.
What are her chances of getting a visa or better still, how should she present her case?
-Not legally divorced but separated from husband, so technically married (he’ll give consent for the children)
-Self employed but not a lot of income is being generated, she quit her employment late last year
-company has been registered years ago but the company account is less than 3 months (old one was closed)
-Has travel history to Dubai, India and USA. All 3 countries visited more than once but hasn’t traveled in 6+ years
-children are US citizens
Also, Please how much does a mum with two children need to have in her account as PoF for UK visit visa.
you said not a lot of income. So income is small. So how is the trip going to be sponsored for one adult and 2 children? Financial ability is very important

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:28am On Apr 07, 2022
omis1:

Eiya,thanks for d help though.
I had a 6.5 band but 5.5 in reading[b]. I wonder if it will fly[/b]
speak to your school. Every school has laid down admission cutoffs. If for employment, speak to your employment, they will also have their own cutoff.
No one can set the benchmarks/english requirements other than the organization(s)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Haiziik: 7:54am On Apr 07, 2022
Good morning everyone, please I apllied for the charity worker visa, did my biometric Feb 2nd, later got non straightforward mail after 15wd, then nothing more till I sent a paid mail on march 18th, they replied within few minutes that my application is being considered for decision making. Since then nothing... Now this is where I'm worried, my COS expires 17th April and I've not gotten a reply yet. I hope this doesn't jeopardize my application, since I've done my biometric since February 2nd. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yinks4short: 8:07am On Apr 07, 2022
giselle237:
you said not a lot of income. So income is small. So how is the trip going to be sponsored for one adult and 2 children? Financial ability is very important

Not a lot of income in the company account but she has her savings prior to quiting her job
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by motunrayoo(f): 8:11am On Apr 07, 2022
Haiziik:
Good morning everyone, please I apllied for the charity worker visa, did my biometric Feb 2nd, later got non straightforward mail after 15wd, then nothing more till I sent a paid mail on march 18th, they replied within few minutes that my application is being considered for decision making. Since then nothing... Now this is where I'm worried, my COS expires 17th April and I've not gotten a reply yet. I hope this doesn't jeopardize my application, since I've done my biometric since February 2nd. Thanks

Your last mail was 18th march .why not do another mail to them. Am sure by now decision should have been made. But passport collection is another issue with Tls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by s2day2: 8:21am On Apr 07, 2022
Hello, pls is Biometrics needed for UK tourist visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 8:31am On Apr 07, 2022
s2day2:
Hello, pls is Biometrics needed for UK tourist visa application

As far as am aware you do bio for all UK visas, unless they are under 5 years old.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by s2day2: 8:53am On Apr 07, 2022
OK thanks
Ray7878:

As far as am aware you do bio for all UK visas, unless they are under 5 years old.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by s2day2: 8:56am On Apr 07, 2022
Ray7878:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DFmum: 8:59am On Apr 07, 2022
Am just wondering why it takes them ages to attend to those with successful administrative review. The long awaiting time is something else.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by falilatu: 9:02am On Apr 07, 2022
Ray7878:

my 3year old did biometric too

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 9:56am On Apr 07, 2022
falilatu:

my 3year old did biometric too

Wow didn’t know that, thanks for this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by motunrayoo(f): 11:47am On Apr 07, 2022
Application transferred to VAC for one of the dependent.

The main applicant and the other dependent is still at DMC

No collection mail yet though

Biometric done 3rd March 2022

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2022
philipcox:
Please what's your advice with these airlines?

You can try Ethopian. I've used then before and they were very okay. If you have more money to spare, go with Qatar. Avoid others except you want to get transit visa so that you have other options with the European airlines.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Theacefarm(m): 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2022
motunrayoo:
Application transferred to VAC for one of the dependent.

The main applicant and the other dependent is still at DMC

No collection mail yet though

Biometric done 3rd March 2022

How do you do this tracking tho?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpanbaghi: 2:08pm On Apr 07, 2022
Good afternoon, everybody.

I am due to attend my Masters Graduation in June and the trip is to be sponsored by my employer (who sponsored the MBA). Kindly assist with answers to the following:

1. Can i apply for a 10-year standard visitor visa on the Graduation application now, as i have successfully been issued multiple 2-year visitor visas in the past for tourism? i ask because i am unsure if the Graduation as the main purpose wont imply a need for a shorter duration visa.

2. On the question of "Main reason for your visit", since i am attending a Graduation but intend to spend 3 more days afterwards, I am torn between these 2 stated reasons on the form: "Tourism (including visiting family and friends)" and "Other - I am visiting for another reason". Kindly advise on which is more appropriate.

Thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 2:20pm On Apr 07, 2022
Theacefarm:

How do you do this tracking tho?

Via your application @ gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Haiziik: 3:39pm On Apr 07, 2022
motunrayoo:

I've been trying to do a paid mail all day, payment kept failing. I'm so exhausted already

Your last mail was 18th march .why not do another mail to them. Am sure by now decision should have been made. But passport collection is another issue with Tls

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Soraco57(m): 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2022
good afternoon, please as a business owner I have been operating this business name under the real estate, I use my savings account for my business, please is it a must I use corporate account and pay myself salary or I can use my normal savings ,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oneguy03(m): 5:50pm On Apr 07, 2022
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if I can successfully sponsor 2 people (My Mom and brother) for visit visa to attend my wedding.
I earn a little over £2k a month, however, I don't have so much on my own balance because I move over half of my earnings to my wife's account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Soraco57(m): 5:54pm On Apr 07, 2022
good afternoon, please as a business owner I have been operating this business name under the real estate, I use my savings account for my business, please is it a must I use corporate account and pay myself salary or I can use my normal savings, please I need expert opinion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 7:15pm On Apr 07, 2022
ekpanbaghi:
Good afternoon, everybody.

I am due to attend my Masters Graduation in June and the trip is to be sponsored by my employer (who sponsored the MBA). Kindly assist with answers to the following:

1. Can i apply for a 10-year standard visitor visa on the Graduation application now, as i have successfully been issued multiple 2-year visitor visas in the past for tourism? i ask because i am unsure if the Graduation as the main purpose wont imply a need for a shorter duration visa.

2. On the question of "Main reason for your visit", since i am attending a Graduation but intend to spend 3 more days afterwards, I am torn between these 2 stated reasons on the form: "Tourism (including visiting family and friends)" and "Other - I am visiting for another reason". Kindly advise on which is more appropriate.

Thank you so much.

1. Sure if you can afford it. Since you have been issued 2 years visa without any immigration offense. HO would not consider you as an immigration risk.

2. State exactly your main reason for the visit. To attend graduation under other. You can further explain that you intend to spend additional days for so and so.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 7:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
Soraco57:
good afternoon, please as a business owner I have been operating this business name under the real estate, I use my savings account for my business, please is it a must I use corporate account and pay myself salary or I can use my normal savings, please I need expert opinion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Depend on the purpose of your visit.
Tourism use saving/personal account
Business use company account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2022
Oneguy03:
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if I can successfully sponsor 2 people (My Mom and brother) for visit visa to attend my wedding.
I earn a little over £2k a month, however, I don't have so much on my own balance because I move over half of my earnings to my wife's account.

Nope. They will be assessed based on their circumstances in Nigeria and financial ties. Even if you have the fund to sponsor them, their ties to Nigeria and immigration history will be used. Your mother and brother must have a solid ties to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 7:24pm On Apr 07, 2022
[quote author=Haiziik post=111734051][/quote]

Are you using a naira debit card? Have you exceeded the limit of $20 per month? Try using a dorm card.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Soraco57(m): 7:34pm On Apr 07, 2022
ekpotek:

Depend on the purpose of your visit.
Tourism use saving/personal account
Business use company account
thanks bro, from what I read so far, they said the source of money must be disclosed, I received this money from business transactions, I need more advise bro, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
DFmum:
Am just wondering why it takes them ages to attend to those with successful administrative review. The long awaiting time is something else.

cause they want to be sure that subsequent response closes the query. just few days-weeks of more patience, and you would get a response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 8:46pm On Apr 07, 2022
Soraco57:

thanks bro, from what I read so far, they said the source of money must be disclosed, I received this money from business transactions, I need more advise bro, thanks

You cannot use a business account for tourism. If the account bear a personal name and not a business name. Then provide receipts and explain to the ECO that account also double as a business account. You can go further to itemize business related transaction from personal transactions using a highlighter pen.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Theacefarm(m): 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ray7878:

Via your application @ gov.uk

Been unable to track it like this,,,,, have you been able to track again,,,,

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (623) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.