Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (846041 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (624) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 12:08am On Oct 16, 2023
At no time has the £250 fee at the Port harcourt center been for priority please. It is clearly written on the site and has been shared here in the past.

It is better not to share false information if you are not certain.

ShootingStar92:

On the application, you pay $101 dollars as standard before you can submit your visa application (this was in September) then, I wondered if a part of the £250 or 246k naira was completing the above payment to a total of £250 for priority.

As I mentioned earlier, as of the time these applications/biometrics were made our experience was different e.g the cost was £250 for priority I believe before the increase recently.

Whatever the case maybe, I recommend finding out more if in doubt.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by elohim24: 1:47am On Oct 16, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Giselle is giving you good advise but it's up to you to take it.

Your response indicates this application was approached in a willy nilly manner and to be honest rushing to reapply might earn another refusal if not done properly.

You need to prove to the VO that they will return & will not access public funds during their stay in the UK.

To do this, you must show through carefully put together documentation their hometies to Nigeria.

This is not restricted to their house documents but can and should include:

- Their financial circumstances (including all bank statements showing the cooperative millions, which BTW ought to have been included ab initio). You should have included their savings information.

- Their professional ties (employment letters, promotion letters, reference letters, payslips, retirement letter, retirement benefit, even pension accounts & statement etc.)

- Their social ties (e.g. if retired and a member of a society, should include this with supporting documentation)

- Family hometies (other children, grandchildren in Nigeria). Given this refusal, it might be prudent for only one person to apply as advised and the other serve as hometie.

- Any other tie to demonstrate they'll return home.

Thank you. Advise taken into consideration
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ferdinard266: 8:37am On Oct 16, 2023
Good morning everyone,
please I need your input on this. I applied for a UK visit visa sometime in May this year to attend a conference in July that my office was going to sponsor but unfortunately, I didn't show proof of my own personal fund but attached every other document needed during my application and I was denied.
I wanted to apply again in December for January 2024, can I use a 4 months bank statement to reapply?
Is there something I should do differently apart from
showing my proof of funds/ salary account?
Also during my first application in May, I was earning about 195k and in July my salary was increased to 250k. Do I need to explain my salary increment on my cover letter??
Below is my refusal letter

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:15am On Oct 16, 2023
elohim24:

They can't travel separately as my father in law is almost 70 and he can't stay back or come alone, also If We are to work on the statement, it will definitely be late for the graduation. They both have cooperative savings over the years that is into millions but I don't feel it's necessary that's why I didn't put it in the previous application.
Seems like you really don’t want to understand what is going on. Graduation ok fine. But there’s no right to a visa for graduation or any other reason. Even if they give you the visa, border officials can still turn you back if they feel on a balance of probabilities your story is not clear.
You need to prove to them that you must return to your country. Everyone is an abscondee except proven otherwise. Especially for folks that have no travel history whatsoever. How cab they trust that this is not your plan like others not to go back to Nigeria if you do not take your time to prove this with ties.
Write all this things in the letter, 70 yrs old has this has that etc plus all of the advice above. Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:19am On Oct 16, 2023
Ferdinard266:
Good morning everyone,
please I need your input on this. I applied for a UK visit visa sometime in May this year to attend a conference in July that my office was going to sponsor but unfortunately, I didn't show proof of my own personal fund but attached every other document needed during my application and I was denied.
I wanted to apply again in December for January 2024, can I use a 4 months bank statement to reapply?
Also during my first application in May, I was earning about 195k and in July my salary was increased to 250k. Do I need to explain my salary increment on my cover letter??
The person at your company that authorized your travel for conference should write a statement explaining the following: the reason that particular training/conference was selected out of other available trainings, why you were selected to go instead of other employees, and the reason why they selected a lower paid employee to receive such expensive training and why they chose to invest in training you. It’s an instant red flag to the reviewer because even large, multi-National corporations rarely send lower paid employees to train internationally.
195k salary and your company paying all that? Now 250k. Your salary is still very very low.

U also told them u are planning to personally spend 1000 pounds and no one is contributing towards this. How come so? If your company is sponsoring?
You need to take your time and get everything right before applying for any uk visa. It is not the way you guys think it is .
Select one thing and focus. But me I know a 250k salary in this age and time with little or no other substantial ties is no different from 195k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ferdinard266: 11:13am On Oct 16, 2023
giselle237:

The person at your company that authorized your travel for conference should write a statement explaining the following: the reason that particular training/conference was selected out of other available trainings, why you were selected to go instead of other employees, and the reason why they selected a lower paid employee to receive such expensive training and why they chose to invest in training you. It’s an instant red flag to the reviewer because even large, multi-National corporations rarely send lower paid employees to train internationally.
195k salary and your company paying all that? Now 250k. Your salary is still very very low.

U also told them u are planning to personally spend 1000 pounds and no one is contributing towards this. How come so? If your company is sponsoring?
You need to take your time and get everything right before applying for any uk visa. It is not the way you guys think it is .
Select one thing and focus. But me I know a 250k salary in this age and time with little or no other substantial ties is no different from 195k
Okay…. Thank you
But what do you advice?
Apart from my office writing a statement, is there anything else I need to put in place?
Can I also reapply with a 4 months bank statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:53am On Oct 16, 2023
Ferdinard266:

Okay…. Thank you
But what do you advice?
Apart from my office writing a statement, is there anything else I need to put in place?
Can I also reapply with a 4 months bank statement?
You already have a refusal. As your things are not in place, leave it be. The refusal sets you at a 50% chance already. No need for gambling
Use all the advice by newbie written above of documents you can provide.
And if you have a spouse and children and some assets to join it , then reapply. Otherwise ask your company to sponsor you to another country.
It is not only UK offering such conferences.
This method has casted especially for anyone with low socioeconomic circumstances.

If it is a fully funded trip then the company MUST justify why it would be paying millions for a low income earner as definitely they need to show that they are going to be making ROI. Like I said all of this feels unauthentic and that ECO spotted it.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ShootingStar92: 12:47pm On Oct 16, 2023
Newbiein2016:
At no time has the £250 fee at the Port harcourt center been for priority please. It is clearly written on the site and has been shared here in the past.

It is better not to share false information if you are not certain.

I never said it was. I only explained what our thoughts were. Please stop trying to shut people up and instead engage in conversations constructively. I never gave out any false information instead you just chose not to read and not to understand because you already prepared your response based on your preconceived assumptions about a conversation that has nothing to do with you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ferdinard266: 1:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
giselle237:
You already have a refusal. As your things are not in place, leave it be. The refusal sets you at a 50% chance already. No need for gambling
Use all the advice by newbie written above of documents you can provide.
And if you have a spouse and children and some assets to join it , then reapply. Otherwise ask your company to sponsor you to another country.
It is not only UK offering such conferences.
This method has casted especially for anyone with low socioeconomic circumstances.

If it is a fully funded trip then the company MUST justify why it would be paying millions for a low income earner as definitely they need to show that they are going to be making ROI. Like I said all of this feels unauthentic and that ECO spotted it.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JulianaAdeyemi: 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2023
Good day guys.
How’s everyone doing?
Please I want to ask, is it ok to use 3 months statement for my application or must it be 6 months?
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
Your thoughts are not facts and to reduce misinformation I have shared the facts.

If you don't want that, don't post on a public forum.

ShootingStar92:

I never said it was. I only explained what our thoughts were. Please stop trying to shut people up and instead engage in conversations constructively. I never gave out any false information instead you just chose not to read and not to understand because you already prepared your response based on your preconceived assumptions about a conversation that has nothing to do with you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
I've heard of someone (very frequent traveller) doing this and it went successfully.

If this is your first time applying to the UK, I encourage you to use atleast 6months to show strong financial ties to your country (alongside other ties).

JulianaAdeyemi:
Good day guys.
How’s everyone doing?
Please I want to ask, is it ok to use 3 months statement for my application or must it be 6 months?
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Estarera: 2:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
Thank you so much.

quote author=Newbiein2016 post=126437083]I've heard of someone (very frequent traveller) doing this and it went successfully.

If this is your first time applying to the UK, I encourage you to use atleast 6months to show strong financial ties to your country (alongside other ties).

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kemismallz: 6:47pm On Oct 16, 2023
Hello everyone, I’m new here and I need your advice.. so I’m planning to apply for a Uk visit visa but it’s my boss at work (she’s like a family )that’s is sponsoring everything.. so the purpose of the visit will be her son birthday party .. wanted to ask for the important documents I need to submit and I saw someone talking about writing statements, do they write letter of statement for Uk or it’s interview?
NB she’s the one paying for the flight ,I will be staying at her place (full sponsorship
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:48pm On Oct 16, 2023
Kemismallz:
Hello everyone, I’m new here and I need your advice.. so I’m planning to apply for a Uk visit visa but it’s my boss at work (she’s like a family )that’s is sponsoring everything.. so the purpose of the visit will be her son birthday party .. wanted to ask for the important documents I need to submit and I saw someone talking about writing statements, do they write letter of statement for Uk or it’s interview?
NB she’s the one paying for the flight ,I will be staying at her place (full sponsorship
Chai.
Pls what are your home ties and any travel history?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 16, 2023
Good evening everyone.
@Newbiein2016
@giselle237 and to any other experienced person who could advise
For an employed single who receives 143k monthly and has another source of income (business) used as Savings in foreign currency amounting to approx 2000 pounds, plans to spend 2 week holiday with Sister and family who would co sponsor the trip ( Accomodation, feeding and part of flight expenses) what should the person fill as " how much do you intend to spend? Is 500 pounds OK from the applicants end? Is 1000 pounds from the co sponsor's end appropriate? Should the co sponsor transfer the money to the account of the applicant or just show with bank statement evidence and letter?I anticipate your responses please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by waleblack: 8:04pm On Oct 16, 2023
Pls who knows or as an idea about migrating to Australia
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jeff0983: 9:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
Guys please is Pictures , chats history, marriage certificate ( but not up to 3 months old) bank statements showing money sent to each enough for UK dependent visa?
Though we would be adding NIN because our NIN has the same Naija address but we have only been in Nigeria together for just 10 months, we also want to add SHEIN invoice 🧾 showing our address in Dubai from 2021 , will this be acceptable because we don’t have bills paid with both our names or tenancy agreement with both name, I have mailed the housed I lived in in Dubai to add my wife’s name to the contract but the said it against their policy and I don’t want to forge anything

Apart from dependent passport
Tb test certificates
police clearance

Our pictures together is from 2020 to 2023
WhatsApp Chat history is from 2020 to 2023
Bank statements showing money sent to each other is from 2021 to 2023
SHEIN invoices is from 2021
NIN is just 10 months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 9:18pm On Oct 16, 2023
Why go all about posting the same thing all over and over again. You are spamming the threads grin
From living in uk thread to student thread to general thread.
U have received many responses to this same question.
It’s time to sit back and allow UKVI do their job.
The responses u have received are adeq8.
Jeff0983:
Guys please is Pictures , chats history, marriage certificate ( but not up to 3 months old) bank statements showing money sent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jeff0983: 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2023
Oggg:
Why go all about posting the same thing all over and over again. You are spamming the threads grin
From living in uk thread to student thread to general thread.
U have received many responses to this same question.
It’s time to sit back and allow UKVI do their job.
The responses u have received are adeq8.

Are you done blabbing?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:05pm On Oct 16, 2023
Ferdinard266:
Good morning everyone,

Your salary increment Is now worth far significantly less than what you initially said you earned in may. Your guess is as good as mine if you make another application without sponsor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 3:10am On Oct 17, 2023
Jeff0983:
Are you done blabbing?
not yet grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kemismallz: 9:27am On Oct 17, 2023
giselle237:

Chai.
Pls what are your home ties and any travel history?

She’s going to give me a leave letter , I have my family here (Nigeria) what document do you think I need to submit for hometies and no travel history
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 17, 2023
should I deposit my POF in my account as a lump sum and wait for 30 days?
OR
should I deposit the money gradually for 30 days?

Thanks for responses
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by America001: 1:11pm On Oct 17, 2023
I'm applying for a visit visa for my wife and child. I got to this stage of my child's application.

I need your advice my bosses dem, how do I prove this?

I'm already in the UK.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:45pm On Oct 17, 2023
America001:
I'm applying for a visit visa for my wife and child. I got to this stage of my child's application.

I need your advice my bosses dem, how do I prove this?

I'm already in the UK.

Copy of your BRP or Passport data page if you are a citizen

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by America001: 2:42pm On Oct 17, 2023
Cashmadam:

Copy of your BRP or Passport data page if you are a citizen

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Taal17: 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
JulianaAdeyemi:
Good day guys.
How’s everyone doing?
Thank you.
6months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Taal17: 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
AbigailUkaegbu:
Good evening everyone.
@Newbiein2016
@giselle237 and to any other experienced person who could advise
For an employed single who receives 143k monthly and has another source of income (business) used as Savings in foreign currency amounting to approx 2000 pounds, plans to spend 2 week holiday with Sister and family who would co sponsor the trip ( Accomodation, feeding and part of flight expenses) what should the person fill as " how much do you intend to spend? Is 500 pounds OK from the applicants end? Is 1000 pounds from the co sponsor's end appropriate? Should the co sponsor transfer the money to the account of the applicant or just show with bank statement evidence and letter?I anticipate your responses please
You've answered your own question
You already said what your sister is spending
You already said she's doing accommodation feeding and part of flight.
So you are the one to put how much you're adding. Put it and convert to pounds. UK application uses oanda.com for exchange rate.

For bank statements put your own and your sisters bank statements.
No need to transfer anything

Provide proof of your business
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JulianaAdeyemi: 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2023
Good evening guys. Sorry my wahala is plenty but I don’t know where else to ask all these questions and my biometrics is tomorrow at abuja. Please do I need to go with my sponsor’s passport or I can just go with a copy? Do all my documents need to be in colored copies and how many copies of each do I need? Do I need my National ID card too because for some weird reasons I can’t seem to find it?
Please who knows how long the biometrics process takes in Abuja cos I want to take time off work for it tomorrow and I want to know how long to ask for.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2023
JulianaAdeyemi:
Good evening guys. Sorry my wahala is plenty but I don’t know where else to ask all these questions and my biometrics is tomorrow at abuja. Please do I need to go with my sponsor’s passport or I can just go with a copy? Do all my documents need to be in colored copies and how many copies of each do I need? Do I need my National ID card too because for some weird reasons I can’t seem to find it?
Please who knows how long the biometrics process takes in Abuja cos I want to take time off work for it tomorrow and I want to know how long to ask for.
hi
Is this a self service or assisted service?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Estarera: 7:27pm On Oct 17, 2023
giselle237:
hi
Is this a self service or assisted service?

Hi,
It’s assisted service.

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (624) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63