Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,456 members, 7,830,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (845644 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (623) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2023
Estarera:

Hi,
It’s assisted service.
all documents need to be in a4 format. Doesn’t matter if coloured or black and white is what u have.
National id is not compulsory
Go with sponsor’s passport copy.
The time depends on those who are in before you and those who are in same appointment time. If there are few ppl before you, then you will finish quickly in less than 30 mins . If more ppl before u, then they need to be cleared off first
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JulianaAdeyemi: 8:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
Estarera:

Hi,
It’s assisted service.

LoL
How did you know it’s assisted service? 😂
Thanks tho. Guess you needed answers to similar questions??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JulianaAdeyemi: 8:22pm On Oct 17, 2023
giselle237:
all documents need to be in a4 format. Doesn’t matter if coloured or black and white is what u have.
National id is not compulsory
Go with sponsor’s passport copy.
The time depends on those who are in before you and those who are in same appointment time. If there are few ppl before you, then you will finish quickly in less than 30 mins . If more ppl before u, then they need to be cleared off first

Thanks a bunch!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tosinnnn: 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
Hello everyone,

Please I need guidance so I don't make a mistake. Trying to apply for a visit visa for my my mum for one month, though I have a sister in the Uk(student) just got to the UK in September 2023(no job yet), but the sponsor is my sister in the USA(showing about 3kUSD POF), my mum is also showing funds too(she is employed and earns over 300kplus monthly, has savings of about 700gbp(but will be showing about 500gbp as money she will personally be spending in the uk), has allowances).

My question is what supporting documents can I conveniently show that will not raise eyebrow and increase my chances of approval?

All the funds shown, hope they won't say it is too much for a 1 month stay, if I shorten it to two weeks, how much proof of funds works better?

The part that says "EVIDENCE THAT YOUR SPONSOR IS NOT, OR WILL NOT BE IN BREACH OF UK IMMIGRATION LAWS........." what document will I show here as the sponsor is a residence of USA?

and what document will I use to show my dad as home ties?

Please I await any helpful response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
Ok. Thank you for your response.
Taal17:

You've answered your own question
You already said what your sister is spending
You already said she's doing accommodation feeding and part of flight.
So you are the one to put how much you're adding. Put it and convert to pounds. UK application uses oanda.com for exchange rate.

For bank statements put your own and your sisters bank statements.
No need to transfer anything

Provide proof of your business
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Melvination: 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
Hi Guys!

While applying for UK visitors visa online, I got to the point where one will have to state the total amount you have to spend on the entire trip. These includes.... Feeding, accommodation, fight tickets etc.. Please, I'd like to know an estimate of this total cost for at least 3 weeks to 1 month stay in the UK.

Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:08pm On Oct 17, 2023
Melvination:
Hi Guys!

While applying for UK visitors visa online, I got to the point where one will have to state the total amount you have to spend on the entire trip. These includes.... Feeding, accommodation, fight tickets etc.. Please, I'd like to know an estimate of this total cost for at least 3 weeks to 1 month stay in the UK. Thanks!
why 3 weeks to 1 month stay? Do you mind me asking what you would be doing for the whole of 1 month pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2023
Tosinnnn:

Please I need guidance so I don't make a mistake. Trying to apply for a visit visa for my my mum for one month, though I have a sister in the Uk(student) just got to the UK in September 2023(no job yet), but the sponsor is my sister in the USA(showing about 3kUSD POF), my mum is also showing funds too(she is employed and earns over 300kplus monthly, has savings of about 700gbp(but will be showing about 500gbp as money she will personally be spending in the uk), has allowances).
My question is what supporting documents can I conveniently show that will not raise eyebrow and increase my chances of approval?
All the funds shown, hope they won't say it is too much for a 1 month stay, if I shorten it to two weeks, how much proof of funds works better?
The part that says "EVIDENCE THAT YOUR SPONSOR IS NOT, OR WILL NOT BE IN BREACH OF UK IMMIGRATION LAWS........." what document will I show here as the sponsor is a residence of USA?
and what document will I use to show my dad as home ties?
ur mother can not have 700 pounds and say she is using 500 pounds to sponsor her trip of 1 month. Pls dnt try it as she is not expected to liquidate her account balance in this way for a trip she can not afford. Also ur sister just came in Sept 2023, pls ask ur mother to reduce her stay on the visa form. 2 weeks is ok.

The sponsor also does not have funds.
3000 usd is about 2400 pounds.
This is not good for a sponsor. U guys should try and wait until u have enough funds. All this is so rushed because I don’t understand the essence of the trip just now when funds are limited.

If u still want to go ahead u will submit ur student sister’s BRP and all your US sponsor’s own documents as well.

What’s going on gan gan with all these rushed applications heading for refusals?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 18, 2023
Good morning guys.

Please I want to know if I still have a chance to apply for a visa for a school starting in January 2024.

Should I put the POF in my account as a lump sum or gradually deposit it?

I will also appreciate any telegram or WhatsApp UK student visa group link.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Melvination: 6:24am On Oct 18, 2023
Just vacationing which includes touring of course. Thanks for your reply...
giselle237:
why 3 weeks to 1 month stay? Do you mind me asking what you would be doing for the whole of 1 month pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:51am On Oct 18, 2023
Melvination:
Just vacationing which includes touring of course. Thanks for your reply...
Reduce it. If/when you get the visa you can stay as you want.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sobastical: 7:38am On Oct 18, 2023
giselle237:
ur mother can not have 700 pounds and say she is using 500 pounds to sponsor her trip of 1 month. Pls dnt try it as she is not expected to liquidate her account balance in this way for a trip she can not afford. Also ur sister just came in Sept 2023, pls ask ur mother to reduce her stay on the visa form. 2 weeks is ok.

This is not good for a sponsor. U guys should try and wait until u have enough funds. All this is so rushed because I don’t understand the essence of the trip just now when funds are limited.

If u still want to go ahead u will submit ur student sister’s BRP and all your US sponsor’s own documents as well.

What’s going on gan gan with all these rushed applications heading for refusals?

Let them dash out free money to the UK immigration na grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sobastical: 7:43am On Oct 18, 2023
Ebukavlog:
Good morning guys.
just
Please I want to know if I still have a chance to apply for a visa for a school starting in January 2024.

You still got lot of time to put in your application towards resumption next year.
As for the funds, I don't think lump sum deposit is still advisable to do... To be on safe side, just use the other option of gradual deposit.

All the best!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Melvination: 7:55am On Oct 18, 2023
Okay I will take it down to two weeks. So like how much in GBP or Naira will do for my trip and stay? Sorry for asking too much 🙏. A part of the application asked for it.
giselle237:
Reduce it. If/when you get the visa you can stay as you want.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:55am On Oct 18, 2023
Ebukavlog:
can do lump sum. Then print off the 28 days statement from the day after the lump sum. For best information check the Uk student thread, loads of info there.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:57am On Oct 18, 2023
Melvination:
Okay I will take it down to two weeks. So like how much in GBP or Naira will do for my trip and stay? Sorry for asking too much 🙏. A part of the application asked for it.
are you fully funding the trip? If yes is there hotel and co?
It’ll be about the cost of return ticket+ hotel accommodation+ feeding.. can do £20-£30 feeding subsistence for a day as this is acceptable. Most office places use 20 as a benchmark for meals a day when they are repaying your expenses if say u go for a course etc so this is not underbudgeted. Then can add 200 for miscellaneous.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Melvination: 10:20am On Oct 18, 2023
Thank you very much.... I appreciate 😊🙏
giselle237:
are you fully funding the trip? If yes is there hotel and co?
It’ll be about the cost of return ticket+ hotel accommodation+ feeding.. can do £20-£30 feeding subsistence for a day as this is acceptable. Most office places use 20 as a benchmark for meals a day when they are repaying your expenses if say u go for a course etc so this is not underbudgeted. Then can add 200 for miscellaneous.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by halimadb: 11:51am On Oct 18, 2023
Thank you. smiley Got my passport yesterday and was granted the visa.

Blessedsteph:
No reason to worry. Straightforward applications are fast to deal with most times. My last application I remember took just 5 working days and its standard visitor visa.
Congrats in advance.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ugee12: 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2023
Do u know the average amounts and days for POF to the popular destinations like UK, Canada, USA, and Australia?
That’s both for student and tourist visas.

Please it urgent. Would really appreciate a sincere answer thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Taal17: 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
giselle237:

Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
They've been eating sleeping walking dreaming UK travel

POE still dey front o
Make ppl calm down
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Peachesarewhite: 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2023
halimadb:

Congratulations. Which TLS center?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by halimadb: 4:30pm On Oct 18, 2023
Thank you. Abuja center

Peachesarewhite:

Congratulations. Which TLS center?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tosinnnn: 4:54pm On Oct 18, 2023
Taal17:

Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
They've been eating sleeping walking dreaming UK travel

POE still dey front o
Make ppl calm down

Lol she has not been sleeping, eating, dreaming UK travel, she has an active Canada and US visa, we just want to try out the UK own if it will work out, there is no rush anywhere.. Me coming here for advice does not mean our lives depends on the UK visa.

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tosinnnn: 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2023
giselle237:

Thanks for your response really appreciate, also this application is not a rushed one

For future reference, If trip is reduced to 2weeks, how much funds do you think is enough for her to show and also for sponsor to show?
What other documents aside the statement of account does the sponsor have to show
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ubby26: 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
Hi guys
Please I need help. I was just catching up on the thread and realised I have made a mistake on my mum's visa application.

In the part where it asked how much she would be contributing, I inputted the amount I will be sponsoring her with and also same amount in the how much your sponsor will be helping out with.

Her biometric is on Friday and I am yet to upload all her documents.

Can I address this issue in her cover letter please?
I plan on uploading her documents this night.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2023
ubby26:
Hi guys
Please I need help. I was just catching up on the thread and realised I have made a mistake on my mum's visa application.

In the part where it asked how much she would be contributing, I inputted the amount I will be sponsoring her with and also same amount in the how much your sponsor will be helping out with.

Her biometric is on Friday and I am yet to upload all her documents.

Can I address this issue in her cover letter please?
I plan on uploading her documents this night.

Thank you.

Yes you can.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SPDAZZY(f): 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2023
Thanks to everyone for their input here and for the guy who gave idea on properly formatting all documents in a pdf with table of contents. I think it helps with straightforwardness of applications.

Used same method for my mum and sister in-law's mum's visas and both were granted.

Standard visas gotten in about 5working days. Abuja and Portharcourt TLS.

Thanks be to God and to the wonderful people here answering questions.

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ubby26: 8:18pm On Oct 18, 2023
Thank you our cashmadam😊

Cashmadam:

Yes you can.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 8:50pm On Oct 18, 2023
halimadb:

Congrats, can you list the documents you submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Taal17: 9:54pm On Oct 18, 2023
Tosinnnn:

Lol she has not been sleeping, eating, dreaming UK travel, she has an active Canada and US visa, we just want to try out the UK own if it will work out, there is no rush anywhere.. Me coming here for advice does not mean our lives depends on the UK visa.

I didn't mention your mum.or your case
I responded to Giselle on the number of rushed applications here on NL.
If you read over the couple of weeks lots of posters here rush to fill as if there was a timeline to close the embassy.

Noone advising here wants anyone to dash embassy visa fees
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bolaadeogun: 6:38am On Oct 19, 2023
Hello people. Good day
Please I need assistance as regards my Uk visa application. I applied for a priority visa and received the mail attached below after about for Day of my biometrics.

I need advice on what you think the next step would be. I am so scared

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (623) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: Naijagram(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.