Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (832511 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (616) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2023
IamMobisola:
Cc giselle237 Cashmadam justwise

Please for business owners trying to apply for visit visa, as compared to salary earners it is quite tricky/difficult to show or proof our monthly income/profits from bank statements since bank statements will show both Capital and profits all together. Like for me, I always turnover my profit when I sell an item with the capital to buy another item. Let me give an example of how my business works:

I buy an item from the US for like 400k, when it arrives Nigeria I sell for at least 480k and in a month I sell up to 11 to 15 items of such. But my bank statement for each month is showing both capital and profit. So how do we prove or show them how much we make?

How would you advise we go about this?
I use my personal account to run my business as i don't have a business account, hope it's not a bad thing when applying?

Seperate your business account. It is tougher for self employed applicants so you need to start right.

Keep your explainations as simple as possible. Avoid complicated transactions that you can't explain in simple English.

It took me a while to understand your write up. Keep things straighforward and simple.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IamMobisola(f): 9:07pm On Oct 30, 2023
Cashmadam:

Seperate your business account. It is tougher for self employed applicants so you need to start right.

Keep your explainations as simple as possible. Avoid complicated transactions that you can't explain in simple English.

It took me a while to understand your write up. Keep things straighforward and simple.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Amokomowo(m): 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2023
Guys,i want to ask this question on behalf of a friend...

He applied for University of Sunderland but was later not given admission and the school had to refund....

My question is this,he made the advance payment of like 4k pounds with FORM A through Wema bank in APRIL 2023 with the old CBN rate before floating of naira, but when the school refunds today,he got lesser amount short of 300k naira while he was expecting the pounds to be converted with the CBN current rate...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by josephsm823(m): 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2023
Blackfinegirl:

As long as you uploaded the documents on TLS, you do no need to take them with you for biometrics
Thanks for your response.
So it's only my international passport that I have to carry along?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chikabel: 2:13am On Oct 31, 2023
giselle237:
yes u can pay for assisted service with your debit card only at the TLS centre. When you are inside. Say no to touts outside. It used to be 12k per person. I don’t know the price for the current exchange rate.
You can also SELF upload any documents right until when you enter for your biometrics. The portal stays open until you give your biometrics. It’s however safer to upload all you want latest the morning of your biometrics date incase of internet issues and all. If this is not a problem, the site stays open for SELF UPLOAD until you submit biometrics.
Do not wait for NSF. Upload your tb certificates at the right time.

Thank you so much 🙏
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sonniajude: 4:27am On Oct 31, 2023
Good morning everyone
Please I need an enquiry about visa curtailment for an undergraduate student whose visa was curtailed because he has no academic activities for the next 60days due to a resit that is meant to be written next year and the university has asked him to leave the uk and reapply for a new visa from Nigeria . Please has anyone been in this situation before and what was the outcome as he is very scared about the situation. This person still have to more years to go for the current course and the current visa was meant to expire 2025 . The person did not also get any letter from UkVI and immigration status still shows details of the current visa. Please I will appreciate it if anyone who has any information about this response to my trend . Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IamMobisola(f): 5:43am On Oct 31, 2023
Amokomowo:
Guys,i want to ask this question on behalf of a friend...

He applied for University of Sunderland but was later not given admission and the school had to refund....

My question is this,he made the advance payment of like 4k pounds with FORM A through Wema bank in APRIL 2023 with the old CBN rate before floating of naira, but when the school refunds today,he got lesser amount short of 300k naira while he was expecting the pounds to be converted with the CBN current rate...

You can try messaging them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:48am On Oct 31, 2023
josephsm823:

Thanks for your response.
So it's only my international passport that I have to carry along?
+ appointment confirmation + copy of data page of passport + checklist

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kachiz(m): 11:08am On Oct 31, 2023
Good morning guys.

I'm applying for a visitor visa to attend my sister's graduation by the end of the year.

I work remotely and my earnings/payment comes into my Domiciliary dollar account ( a savings account).
Which I change in the Black Market and transfer the money to my naira savings account.

I don't know what I can use as proof of ties back to my home country since I work as a freelancer and not with an organization in Nigeria.

Please, can anyone give me tips on how to go about this?

I have tried to read from the initial pages but I haven't seen anyone in a similar situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ENGRPETER101: 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2023
please can someone with tourist visa carry two big bags along when travelling to uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Taal17: 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2023
Sonniajude:
Good morning everyone
Please I need an enquiry about visa curtailment for an undergraduate student whose visa was curtailed because he has no academic activities for the next 60days due to a resit that is meant to be written next year and the university has asked him to leave the uk and reapply for a new visa from Nigeria . Please has anyone been in this situation before and what was the outcome as he is very scared about the situation. This person still have to more years to go for the current course and the current visa was meant to expire 2025 . The person did not also get any letter from UkVI and immigration status still shows details of the current visa. Please I will appreciate it if anyone who has any information about this response to my trend . Thanks in advance
[quote

Ask this in the Living in the UK thread.
There should be a means to reach the VC of the school. You'd find better answers there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by queengift(f): 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2023
Hello my people,

I did my biometrics on the 16th Oct, for work visa. The wait is tiring, am becoming afraid. But it's well. I applied for Standard Visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2023
queengift:
Hello my people,
I did my biometrics on the 16th Oct, for work visa. The wait is tiring, am becoming afraid. But it's well. I applied for Standard Visa.
they have till November 7th to work on it without exceeding standard timelines
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by queengift(f): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2023
giselle237:
they have till November 7th to work on it without exceeding standard timelines

I pray it comes out before that day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yemi234: 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2023
Passport received, got the visa. 2yrs validity.
Standard visitor visa application
Biometrics Oct 17th
Collection email Oct 30th

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Emmatee1816(m): 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2023
Hello house
I have been issued my I 20 and the program date is jan10

I have filled my ds-160 and choose abuja,but the wait time for abuja is 110days compared to 25days for Lagos

Is there any update on how i can get an earlier date for abuja?

I would appreciate everyone’s input.
Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shangos: 6:36pm On Oct 31, 2023
Good evening everyone, please where is best to go for biometrics in terms of date availability between ikeja and Abuja?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Beautynm1: 9:26pm On Oct 31, 2023
Good evening pls These are the document I'm going to submit for my spousal visa .if there's anything missing please let me know
Sponsor: 6 months bank statement
Passport
6 months Pay slip
Divorce decree
Tenancy agreement
Marriage certificate
Marriage Photograph
Print out of his indefinite Settlement status in the UK
Me:
6 months Bank statement
Prove of English language A1
Passport
Birth certificate
Uk entry stamps
My IELts was done in October 2022 hope it's still valid thanks
Someone should reply me please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2023
Congratulations!!!!!........ Did you receive any mail saying your visa has been approved? Like they send across when ones visa is denied.

Yemi234:
Passport received, got the visa. 2yrs validity.
Standard visitor visa application
Biometrics Oct 17th
Collection email Oct 30th

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Taal17: 10:54pm On Oct 31, 2023
queengift:
Hello my people,

Hehe..it's just two weeks na
Relax

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ganiruogene(m): 12:39am On Nov 01, 2023
Please when you pay for premium lounge, does it include scanning and uploading your documents? Or do you need to pay for assisted service again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ganiruogene(m): 12:55am On Nov 01, 2023
Also please is Regular with available upgrade to premium mean?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Beautynm1: 8:04am On Nov 01, 2023
[quote author=Beautynm1 post=126724919]Good evening pls These are the document I'm going to submit for my spousal visa .if there's anything missing please let me know
Passport
6 months Pay slip
Divorce decree
Tenancy agreement
Marriage certificate
Marriage Photograph
Me:
6 months Bank statement
Passport
Birth certificate
Uk entry stamps
My IELts was done in October 2022 hope it's still valid
Someone should please reply me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Beautynm1: 8:05am On Nov 01, 2023
[quote author=Beautynm1 post=126724919]Good evening pls These are the document I'm going to submit for my spousal visa .if there's anything missing please let me know
Passport
6 months Pay slip
Divorce decree
Tenancy agreement
Marriage certificate
Marriage Photograph
Me:
6 months Bank statement
Passport
Birth certificate
Uk entry stamps
My IELts was done in October 2022 hope it's still valid thanks

Someone should please reply me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shangos: 9:51am On Nov 01, 2023
Any response will be appreciated. Thanks
shangos:
Good evening everyone, please where is best to go for biometrics in terms of date availability between ikeja and Abuja?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SPDAZZY(f): 10:43am On Nov 01, 2023
ganiruogene:
Also please is Regular with available upgrade to premium mean?

It means you have the option to upgrade/pay for premium. However this upgrade is not compulsory, you can use it to book a regular appointment, just decline the upgrade notification when it pops up if you don't want the upgrade.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SPDAZZY(f): 10:44am On Nov 01, 2023
ganiruogene:
Please when you pay for premium lounge, does it include scanning and uploading your documents? Or do you need to pay for assisted service again?

You will need to pay separately for assisted service if you need it. Assisted service is not part of premium service.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ganiruogene(m): 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
SPDAZZY:

It means you have the option to upgrade/pay for premium. However this upgrade is not compulsory, you can use it to book a regular appointment, just decline the upgrade notification when it pops up if you don't want the upgrade.

Thanks a lot for your response. Please will it be possible to pay for the upgrade at tls office if it’s needed after declining the notification to upgrade online?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by VicGold474(m): 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2023
Hi everyone I need some advice, I applied for a dependent visa cuz my wife is a nurse in the Uk and I paid for priority visa according to what I saw online priority takes 5 working days but now it’s already exceeded 5 working days am a bit worried can some one advice me secondly if I am to call to find out what’s the the situation of my visa what number do I use to reach them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ayoka2015(f): 12:33pm On Nov 01, 2023
Please good people does anyone as a link for uk sponsorship jobs?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shangos: 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2023
Good afternoon everyone, please where is best to go for biometrics in terms of date availability between ikeja and Abuja? Please I will appreciate any response

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by evenda: 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2023
[quote author=Beautynm1 post=126729265][/quote]

Isn’t there a checklist that you need to print and carry along,
That basically gives you a list of what you should be uploading for submission

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (616) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Igbamatigbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.