Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (832268 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (616) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Baloemmy23(m): 3:00am On Oct 25, 2023
Thegamingorca:

grin what do you mean by affordable first

like a tuition fee a normal Nigerian can pay, you know how Nigeria is rn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 3:03am On Oct 25, 2023
Baloemmy23:
like a tuition fee a normal Nigerian can pay, you know how Nigeria is rn

A normal Nigerian can't pay London school fees grin

Especially cos 1 £ now is equal to 1,530 naira grin grin

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by brown1234: 9:55am On Oct 25, 2023
My sister have just be refuse uk visa want can she do when she reply again

I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules of visitors because:
• You have applied to visit the United Kingdom for 10 days for a family visit. In
assessing your application. I have considered the information provided, your
personal and financial circumstances and the credibility of your trip in the context of
its timing and your stated intentions.
• You state that you are employed by *******''***as a
Marketing Manager earning 320,000.00 NGN (340.93 GBP) per month. I
acknowledge you have provided employment letters and payslips in support of your
application. Having examined the payslips submitted however, I note a discrepancy
in the total earnings amount stated and the net amount after deductions. The
document states total earnings of 355,500.00 NGN less total deductions 35,540.00
NGN which does not amount to 320,000.00 NGN but to 319,960.00 NGN. This
discrepancy undermines the overall credibility of your application. I am therefore not
satisfied that you are employed or remunerated as stated.
• Furthermore, in your application you state you have no other savings and no one
else is contributing towards the cost of your trip. You state that you intend to
personally spend 1,700,000.00 NGN (1811.20 GBP) on your visit as declared. I note
that this amounts to more than five times your monthly income. I am not satisfied this
form of expenditure is proportionate to your circumstances as stated nor am I
satisfied of your intentions and whether you will leave at the end of your proposed
trip.
• Given the above, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor
and that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is
therefore refused under paragraph’s V 4.2 (a) and (c) of the Immigration Rules.
Rate of exchange 1 GBP = 938.606 NGN reference www.oanda.com on 20/10/2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SPDAZZY(f): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2023
brown1234:

I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules of visitors because:
• You have applied to visit the United Kingdom for 10 days for a family visit. In
personal and financial circumstances and the credibility of your trip in the context of
acknowledge you have provided employment letters and payslips in support of your
application. Having examined the payslips submitted however, I note a discrepancy
document states total earnings of 355,500.00 NGN less total deductions 35,540.00
discrepancy undermines the overall credibility of your application. I am therefore not
• Furthermore, in your application you state you have no other savings and no one
else is contributing towards the cost of your trip. You state that you intend to
personally spend 1,700,000.00 NGN (1811.20 GBP) on your visit as declared. I note
that this amounts to more than five times your monthly income. I am not satisfied this
satisfied of your intentions and whether you will leave at the end of your proposed
trip.
• Given the above, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor
and that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is

This is sad, so approximation is also an issue cos these figures are literally the same.

I assume the refusal is mainly cos the amount to be spent is X5 of her monthly income as she didn't declare any savings. It would have been nicer if the family she is visiting were sponsoring.

How about home ties, was that also strongly represented?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SPDAZZY(f): 10:48am On Oct 25, 2023
Hi everyone,

Please for return ticket, will there be issues at POE if the return date is 4 or 5months away. Or does one have to use a closer date and then amend the ticket later.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:50am On Oct 25, 2023
brown1234:

trip.

Sorry about the refusal.

My thoughts:

1. When it comes to visa applications, it is always better to be precise. I noticed she 'rounded" up her monthly salary. It might look insignificant but when your case worker is looking for a reason to refuse your application, the insignificant becomes significant

2. Monthly salary of N319K plus is too low. That is the fact.

3. No savings? That was a disaster waiting to happen

4. With her monthly salary, no saving and no other source of income, the only option left is to have a sponsor. Even that does not guarantee approval

5. In my humble opinion, your sister simply cannot afford to travel to the UK at this time. She should not waste her money and time to reapply for now until her financial status improves or she has a credible sponsor.

Perharps others can share their thoughts.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:51am On Oct 25, 2023
SPDAZZY:
Hi everyone,

Please for return ticket, will there be issues at POE if the return date is 4 or 5months away. Or does one have to use a closer date and then amend the ticket later.

For a first time traveller, yes. For a frequest traveller, No.

Even as a frequent traveller, sometimes they query a long stay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SPDAZZY(f): 11:19am On Oct 25, 2023
Cashmadam:

For a first time traveller, yes. For a frequest traveller, No.

Even as a frequent traveller, sometimes they query a long stay.

Wow, that means it's best to buy an amendable ticket and then move the date further after arrival.

Thanks for your response.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wisdom7400(m): 11:44am On Oct 25, 2023
brown1234:

trip.
Please when did she have her biometrics and when did she get the refusal letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DaveWonder(m): 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2023
GOOD DAYS GUYS, I got a mail for additional document (police character cert) for my application on the 19/10/2023 which i sent to them on 23/10/2023, omo up till now, nothing from there end, I keep refreshing my mail. Biko has anyone experienced this. This is my first time applying for visa. I'm worried guys. MY ogas at the top please help me before una guy faint with too much thoughts
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2023
DaveWonder:
GOOD DAYS GUYS, I got a mail for additional document (police character cert) for my application on the 19/10/2023 which i sent to them on 23/10/2023, omo up till now, nothing from there end, I keep refreshing my mail. Biko has anyone experienced this. This is my first time applying for visa. I'm worried guys. MY ogas at the top please help me before una guy faint with too much thoughts

If the primary purpose for your trip doesn't have a fixed date that's a few days away, just chill for a week to 10 days.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DaveWonder(m): 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2023
directonpc:

If the primary purpose for your trip doesn't have a fixed date that's a few days away, just chill for a week to 10 days.

Thanks Boss

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by D1O(m): 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:35pm On Oct 25, 2023
SPDAZZY:
Hi everyone,
Better to use closer date and amend later because if they check at the border you will have no justification for stating a 5 months stay if that was not what was on your form.
1 month, 2 months fine… not 5 or 6 months. You give them reason to doubt your intentions and a border officer has all the power to deny you entry. They usually open your visa forms at the border if they want to question you. Personally for me if it is a very long stay you can not justify that your circumstances just changed especially if you have written you have an employment u will be returning to. I would hence book for shorter and change later.
Don’t do penny wise, pounds foolish untop immigration wahalaaa

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2023
giselle237:
@justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SPDAZZY(f): 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2023
giselle237:
Better to use closer date and amend later because if they check at the border you will have no justification for stating a 5 months stay if that was not what was on your form.
1 month, 2 months fine… not 5 or 6 months. You give them reason to doubt your intentions and a border officer has all the power to deny you entry. They usually open your visa forms at the border if they want to question you. Personally for me if it is a very long stay you can not justify that your circumstances just changed especially if you have written you have an employment u will be returning to. I would hence book for shorter and change later.
Don’t do penny wise, pounds foolish untop immigration wahalaaa

Thanks very much for this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Peachesarewhite: 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2023
Ferdinard266:

Congratulations 🎉
Were you sponsored by your employer?

Thanks. My husband is sponsor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Melvination: 11:53am On Oct 26, 2023
Hi Guys!

For someone willing to spend 2500 pounds in uk, is a monthly expenses of 62k in Nigeria okay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2023
Melvination:
Hi Guys!

For someone willing to spend 2500 pounds in uk, is a monthly expenses of 62k in Nigeria okay?

The monthly salary will determine what is reasonable.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Estarera: 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2023
Good evening guys. So I did my biometrics last week. I checked status today and saw that everything has been completed- just passport picked up that’s left. I got a mail today that my travel document and supporting documents are ready for pick up and also to come along with some documents when I’m coming to pick up. Please what does this mean?
Thank you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2023
Estarera:
Good evening guys. So I did my biometrics last week. I checked status today and saw that everything has been completed- just passport picked up that’s left. I got a mail today that my travel document and supporting documents are ready for pick up and also to come along with some documents when I’m coming to pick up. Please what does this mean?
Thank you.
If you didn't get any email about your application not being successful then it's likely ur visa was granted. Congrats in advance.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Estarera: 12:50pm On Oct 27, 2023
Nairaland family
I just picked up my passport, my visa was approved.
Thank you guys so much for all the info I got here. It was my first time and I didn’t use an agent, got most of the info I needed here. Did my bio last week Wednesday and it was approved yesterday.
I appreciate @giselle, @cashmadam and every other person for their input. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2023
Estarera:
Nairaland family
I just picked up my passport, my visa was approved.
Thank you guys so much for all the info I got here. It was my first time and I didn’t use an agent, got most of the info I needed here. Did my bio last week Wednesday and it was approved yesterday.
I appreciate @giselle, @cashmadam and every other person for their input. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Congrats. If you don't mind, was this for work/official trip?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by brown1234: 1:03pm On Oct 27, 2023
Cashmadam:

Sorry about the refusal.

My thoughts:

1. When it comes to visa applications, it is always better to be precise. I noticed she 'rounded" up her monthly salary. It might look insignificant but when your case worker is looking for a reason to refuse your application, the insignificant becomes significant

2. Monthly salary of N319K plus is too low. That is the fact.

3. No savings? That was a disaster waiting to happen

4. With her monthly salary, no saving and no other source of income, the only option left is to have a sponsor. Even that does not guarantee approval

5. In my humble opinion, your sister simply cannot afford to travel to the UK at this time. She should not waste her money and time to reapply for now until her financial status improves or she has a credible sponsor.

Perharps others can share their thoughts.

Thanks for the response. When she reapply in Dec or Jan. By then she said would have had a sponsor and also due for increament in salary this oct.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by brown1234: 1:04pm On Oct 27, 2023
Wisdom7400:

Please when did she have her biometrics and when did she get the refusal letter?

16/10/2023 and get it via mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Estarera: 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2023
No, visiting a friend.

directonpc:

Congrats. If you don't mind, was this for work/official trip?

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (616) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: akintola213, Lumzeee and 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58