Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (832535 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (616) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wisdom7400(m): 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
*VISA ALERT*
Visitor visa for my mum
Dependant visa for my two kids.
All biometrics 11th oct
Got the first visa on 17th oct
Got Second visa on 23rd oct with empty nsf on 16th oct
Got the visitor visa today for my mum.
All self service
Let me share her documents as it might be very useful to some people here.

*Documents for my mum*
She sponsored herself as I couldn't flash my acct
I uploaded my contract letter
Mentioned my kids in her application
Uploaded historical family pictures
My baptism certificate and age declaration proving relationship (I dont have birth cert)
Invitation letter
Her bank statement
cover letter (explained serious large deposits)
Her pension documents and gratuity document
Permission from employer (she heads a school)
Her Current employment letter stating her salary (paid in cash) but no payslips and salary didn't show on her account only the pension. Infact she has irregular figures as she most times uses her acct for sch item purchases.
Her work ID
Her school pictures with her pupils
Her marriage cert and affidavit with my dad
Mentioned my dad's pension in her cover letter
Her leadership engagement letter
My house agreement letter
My evidence of permission to stay (vignettes and brps)
Our new baby baptism proof from church (email) and his british birth cert
My own marriage cert which she was a witness
My utility bill.
I mentioned her US visa denial
Our new baby pictures
Then uploaded her passport data page

I explained what she was coming to do (bring our kids since we cant travel, celebrate xmas with us and be present during our baby baptism in jan which is long over due) everything come spread reach 7 weeks stay lol.

Note:
*the money quoted she was going to spend in the uk is 14x her monthly income and if u subtract her quoted
monthly expenses from her quoted monthly income, it will be 22x her monthly savings.
*I didnt upload my bank statement
*I didnt forge any payslips just be sincere
*I forgot to mention my kids GWF in her letters to make it easier for the case worker
*Large questionable deposits
*I didnt upload any landed properties as ties (I think her job was enough)

Visa granted
I requested for help from the group but no one responded. I did my thing.
Hope this helps someone out there
✌️

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 3:54pm On Oct 27, 2023
Wisdom7400:
*VISA ALERT*
Visitor visa for my mum
All biometrics 11th oct
All self service

*Documents for my mum*
I uploaded my contract letter
My baptism certificate and age declaration proving relationship (I dont have birth cert)
Invitation letter
Her bank statement
Her Current employment letter stating her salary (paid in cash) but no payslips and salary didn't show on her account only the pension. Infact she has irregular figures as she most times uses her acct for sch item purchases.
Her work ID
My utility bill.
Our new baby pictures

I explained what she was coming to do (bring our kids since we cant travel, celebrate xmas with us and be present during our baby baptism in jan which is long over due) everything come spread reach 7 weeks stay lol.

Note:
*the money quoted she was going to spend in the uk is 14x her monthly income and if u subtract her quoted
monthly expenses from her quoted monthly income, it will be 22x her monthly savings.
*I forgot to mention my kids GWF in her letters to make it easier for the case worker

Visa granted
✌️

Congratulaitons! I can't remember seeing your questions - I would have responded.

I believe her job as the Head of a School helped to a large extent.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 3:55pm On Oct 27, 2023
directonpc:

Congrats. If you don't mind, was this for work/official trip?

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
Cashmadam:

Congratulations!
Amen cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:27pm On Oct 27, 2023
Melvination:
Hi Guys!

For someone willing to spend 2500 pounds in uk, is a monthly expenses of 62k in Nigeria okay?

The monthly expenses is not the problem.

The disposable income is
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fbimps: 10:17am On Oct 28, 2023
Hello everyone and kudos to all you guys are doing, I am trying to applying for UK visitor visa with my family ( wife and my infant daughter). 2 weeks trip this December. I need some guidance.
1) Was told not to include visiting a friend which is not a problem for me.
2) Getting an hotel with budget friendly cost
3) Do I have to fill the forms separately for 3 of us ?
This is my first time doing it this process
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Timika: 3:07pm On Oct 28, 2023
Good day, House. Please, @Giselle237 and @cashmadam. I will need your advice for a friend's Mum that wants to visit his son in the UK, through Family Visitor's visa. Mama is no working, and she's a widow.

The son is married with kids, and he is working, but the Trip will be fully sponsored by her daughter in the U.S.

Mama wants to go visit the son and grandchildren and spend the Christmas with them. She intends to live with son for the one month period.

Please, how much fund must the U.S. daughter make available for sponsoring her Mum for this Trip? and what other important aspects should be taken care of during the application process. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Charmhk: 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2023
Hello! I don’t understand this tls and ukvi priority service. I paid 500£ for priority, 77k for appointment and 146$ visa application. I needed it before 2nd November and I went along with it because it said 5days. I did my biometric on 19th October.. on 23rd October I got an email saying ‘it is under consideration’ also that ‘that there is operational restrictions unless I opted for priority service’.. So does the priority service matter or whats going on..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by itoski(m): 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2023
Charmhk:
Hello! I don’t understand this tls and ukvi priority service. I paid 500£ for priority, 77k for appointment and 146$ visa application. I needed it before 2nd November and I went along with it because it said 5days. I did my biometric on 19th October.. on 23rd October I got an email saying ‘it is under consideration’ also that ‘that there is operational restrictions unless I opted for priority service’.. So does the priority service matter or whats going on..

Have you been denied UK visa before?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Charmhk: 7:37pm On Oct 28, 2023
Yeah
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Charmhk: 7:38pm On Oct 28, 2023
itoski:

Have you been denied UK visa before?

Yes I made a mistake in the last one.. I called the home office and they said I should write a cover letter explaining the mistake and how I have rectified it.. so does that mean it will take a long time?? Despite the priority

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kaymanse: 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2023
Good evening house.

After sending several paid mail to home office I was sent the case worker email and on 19th I received a not straight forward mail but not requesting for additional documents.

My question is should I assume that the case worker just started working on my application on 19th October since September 13 that I did biometric.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:51pm On Oct 28, 2023
Timika:
Good day, House. Please, @Giselle237 and @cashmadam. I will need your advice for a friend's Mum that wants to visit his son in the UK, through Family Visitor's visa. Mama is no working, and she's a widow.

The son is married with kids, and he is working, but the Trip will be fully sponsored by her daughter in the U.S.

Mama wants to go visit the son and grandchildren and spend the Christmas with them. She intends to live with son for the one month period.

Please, how much fund must the U.S. daughter make available for sponsoring her Mum for this Trip? and what other important aspects should be taken care of during the application process. Thank you

1. Cut trip down to two weeks

2. Why can't the son sponsor his Mum?

3. Does Grandma own any property?

4. Does Grandma do any type of business? Even petty trading?

5. Establish strong home ties. Extremely important
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:25am On Oct 29, 2023
Charmhk:
Yes I made a mistake in the last one.. I called the home office and they said I should write a cover letter explaining the mistake and how I have rectified it.. so does that mean it will take a long time?? Despite the priority
u made a mistake in what last one? What mistake? You’ll need to wait. The advisory is that if you have a previous UK refusal or ban, you should not apply for priority as the case worker needs time to determine your case. They have sent you an NSF so you have to wait.

Very importantly… You declared your previous UK refusal? Yes or yes?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 1:03am On Oct 29, 2023
giselle237:
u made a mistake in what last one? What mistake? You’ll need to wait. The advisory is that if you have a previous UK refusal or ban, you should not apply for priority as the case worker needs time to determine your case. They have sent you an NSF so you have to wait.

grin
Probably thought of playing a fast one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by josephsm823(m): 6:53am On Oct 29, 2023
Hello my people, I just applied for a UK tourist visa and I'm yet to upload doc on the TLS platform. The biometric appointment date is November 1st. I want to know after uploading the docs to TLS, do I have to also carry photocopies of the docs with me while going for biometric?
What are the things I should be taking along to UK VI TLS office?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Charmhk: 7:50am On Oct 29, 2023
nasire:
Yes. Did his Biometrics on the 20th of July & received this Email below on the 22th of July.

Thank you for your visa/entry clearance which has been received & is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications with 15 working days & settlement applications within 60 days(unless you Opted for priority visa service)
We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service target, due to operational

restrictions. Please be assured we will continue to progress on your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please don't attend the application center until you have been contacted by VAC

Kind Regards
Croydon DMC

Please has anyone experienced this, my cousin got this response.

How long did it take old please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ruqayyah008(f): 9:02am On Oct 29, 2023
Yes, it was

In that case, congrats! Your application is successful. Was it priority service?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2023
giselle237:
@justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2023
[quote author=justwise post=126679943][/quote]see the above post.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2023
Thegamingorca:

grin
Probably thought of playing a fast one
He did not respond again …. Na wa. Wishing him the best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by justwise(m): 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2023
[quote author=justwise post=126679943][/quote]

Sorted. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Charmhk: 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2023
giselle237:

Sorry… I mistakenly tapped unemployed in my first application..I submitted documents for my business and that was the issue.. I have addressed it both on the online application and cover letter this time..also I did not get the a nsf mail

This is what I got…or is it the same

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2023
Charmhk:

Sorry… I mistakenly tapped unemployed in my first application..I submitted documents for my business and that was the issue.. I have addressed it both on the online application and cover letter this time..also I did not get the a nsf mail
This is what I got…or is it the same
This is the NSF mail. Nothing to do but wait at this point. Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by csandy(f): 6:50pm On Oct 29, 2023
Please I used a family friend's address in London for my TB test, will it be a problem if I use my school address for my visa application?
My school is in Hertfordshire.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:56pm On Oct 29, 2023
csandy:
Please I used a family friend's address in London for my TB test, will it be a problem if I use my school address for my visa application?
My school is in Hertfordshire.
no problem
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kachidubem: 7:18pm On Oct 29, 2023
Wisdom7400:
*VISA ALERT*
Visitor visa for my mum
All biometrics 11th oct
All self service

*Documents for my mum*

[b] I uploaded my contract letter
Invitation letter
Her bank statement
Her work ID
My utility bill.
Our new baby pictures
[/b]

Note:

Visa granted
✌️

Just look at all the documents and explaination one has to go thru just to obtain visit visa for a relative ...chai !

Meanwhile ZAZU (portable) dey breeze London in and out like tomorrow no dey...lmao

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by csandy(f): 7:51pm On Oct 29, 2023
giselle237:
no problem
Okay
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (616) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: pufframmy, agabusta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.