Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,508 members, 7,812,566 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (542) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (825935 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (612) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:27am On Nov 08, 2023
SoledLotto:
Hello!
Does TLS follow the Appointment Time? Also, the portal is forcing their Primetime and Premium Lounge services on me.
Is there a way to go around it? or I just have to pick one
check the time u are selecting.. 8am and times with :15, avoid them. primetime and premium lounge are not compulsory

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:27am On Nov 08, 2023
shangos:
Thanks. Will a passport photography be needed?
no. Only digital photo taken during the biometrics is what is needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 11:57am On Nov 08, 2023
Greetings to all,

Is there a problem with GTB USD card? I have been unable to pay for anything in the last 2 weeks and calls to the call center has been frustrating.

I can't make it to the bank physically for the next few days.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SoledLotto(m): 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy
giselle237:
check the time u are selecting.. 8am and times with :15, avoid them. primetime and premium lounge are not compulsory
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Handsome1: 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2023
Hello Guys,please I have a 10yrs visit Visa but I'm being told by my visa agent that I still need to apply again to travel to the uk even with my 10 years visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2023
Handsome1:
Hello Guys,please I have a 10yrs visit Visa but I'm being told by my visa agent that I still need to apply again to travel to the uk even with my 10 years visa
Maybe send a paid mail to UKVI to hear from the horse's mouth.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by GlorifiedNoW: 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2023
Opeolami:
Good afternoon house.

Visa alert!!!

Bio 13/09/2023
NSF mail 19/10/2023
Employer refuse to pay immigration skill charges.
Payment done on 30/11/2023
Collection mail 3/11/2023.

The waiting was killing. Thanks to everyone that mailed me to encourage me.

God no go shame us.

Wow! Congratulations, I'm trying to apply for same. Did you do it yourself or you used agent?
If you did it yourself, PLEASE, could you drop your email address lemme message you, or you message me. Here's mine divinemandyzempire@gmail.com PLEASE I really need guidance on how to successfully go about it without errors. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2023
Handsome1:
we don’t understand.. what is the validity end date written on your visa? Does this say UK visa?

Are you trolling?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by samueldoomson12: 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2023
Hello family,
When application is transferred from DMC to VAC. How long does it take for VAC to receive the application.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Austinbani(m): 3:57pm On Nov 08, 2023
Good Day People! Pls my question is, can I apply as dependent of someone who is already in the UK? I was told that if the person in UK did not include you initially as a dependent, that you will be denied visa, while some others say it's still possible to still apply and join the person. Pls advice. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:52pm On Nov 08, 2023
Austinbani:
Good Day People! Pls my question is, can I apply as dependent of someone who is already in the UK? I was told that if the person in UK did not include you initially as a dependent, that you will be denied visa, while some others say it's still possible to still apply and join the person. Pls advice. Thank you.
who is the person to you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2023
Handsome1:

Why will you apply for a visa again when you already have one?

Go back to your agent to clarify what he or she meant.

Unless maybe he was talking about a different visa category. For example, if you have a visitor visa but you're planning to visit the UK for work purposes, then you will need to apply for a new visa.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SirPilgrim(m): 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2023
Pls what's the issue with :15 time because my appointment is 9:15.
giselle237:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
SirPilgrim:
Pls what's the issue with :15 time because my appointment is 9:15.
they wrote it clearly there on the website … you wont be attended to as it is for super priority individuals.. log back into your account and rebook another time because on that day you will be sent back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Peachesarewhite: 10:05pm On Nov 08, 2023
evenda:
Please can someone advise, which airlines don’t need transit visas from naija to uk
Not direct flights please

Thank you (urgent please)

Qatar, Ethiopian, Rwandair, Kenya, Air Maroc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SirPilgrim(m): 10:37pm On Nov 08, 2023
Hope I can still be able to change the time sha
giselle237:
they wrote it clearly there on the website … you wont be attended to as it is for super priority individuals.. log back into your account and rebook another time because on that day you will be sent back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 12:25am On Nov 09, 2023
samueldoomson12:
Hello family,
When application is transferred from DMC to VAC. How long does it take for VAC to receive the application.
Thanks
1 to 5 hours in some cases.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by samueldoomson12: 7:41am On Nov 09, 2023
Thank you 🙏

directonpc:

1 to 5 hours in some cases.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bolaadeogun: 8:25am On Nov 09, 2023
Hello everyone,

Please I need a clarification, I applied for me (main applicants and I was waiting for my visa to come out then apply for my dependent….Visa has been delaying since September 9 that i applied . School resumes today and I have been informed that if I’m not available in UK today, my admission will be deferred to February. Please note that my visa is still not out…Now my question is

1. Will UKVI be aware that my admission will be deferred by the school
2. Should I go ahead to apply for my dependents now before school degrees the admission?
3. If I apply for my dependents now will the visa application be automatically denied for my dependents as school is planning to change my admission to February or UKVI will still continue to work with the previous one .

Please I need an answer and more clarifications because I am so sad and confused
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:12am On Nov 09, 2023
Bolaadeogun:
Hello everyone,

Please I need a clarification, I applied for me (main applicants and I was waiting for my visa to come out then apply for my dependent….Visa has been delaying since September 9 that i applied . School resumes today and I have been informed that if I’m not available in UK today, my admission will be deferred to February. Please note that my visa is still not out…Now my question is

1. Will UKVI be aware that my admission will be deferred by the school - the school will most likely cancel your CAS and UKVI will be informed
2. Should I go ahead to apply for my dependents now before school degrees the admission? - I don't see how that will work. Once the CAS is cancelled, you cannot proceed
3. If I apply for my dependents now will the visa application be automatically denied for my dependents as school is planning to change my admission to February or UKVI will still continue to work with the previous one . - it will most likely be denied

Please I need an answer and more clarifications because I am so sad and confused
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 10:03am On Nov 09, 2023
Chudycharles:
Alright... And you didt receive any other email nah... Its means you are good to go...

Congratulations

Just picked my passport, 6 months visit visa granted. smiley

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bolaadeogun: 10:30am On Nov 09, 2023
[quote author=Cashmadam post=126871323][/quote]

Thanks but does this mean, if we had applied together earlier, their visas would have been automatically denied
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:39am On Nov 09, 2023
Bolaadeogun:
1. Will UKVI be aware that my admission will be deferred by the school
2. Should I go ahead to apply for my dependents now before school degrees the admission?
3. If I apply for my dependents now will the visa application be automatically denied for my dependents as school is planning to change my admission to February or UKVI will still continue to work with the previous one .
Your application is awaiting decision so yes your dependents can apply now and their applications would be put on hold till yours is decided.
You need to send a paid mail and a complaints mail to UKVI about your visa decision and how this is causing you untold stress.
Check the student thread for better insight as there are some ppl that their admissions had to be deferred, ask them practically for the implications of everything on them before you start making any rash decisions. At this present hour, UKVI has not said anything about denying you, it has only been undecided.

Ask your school for extension, you can do this… you need to tell them how all of this is causing you untold stress and emotional anxiety as it is not your fault.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:41am On Nov 09, 2023
directonpc:
Just picked my passport, 6 months visit visa granted. smiley
pls next time I encourage you to use the DHL option for passport return .. all the fuel money you just spent to go back to Abuja …..

Congratulations!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:42am On Nov 09, 2023
SirPilgrim:
Hope I can still be able to change the time sha
Go back and read my comment. This time slowly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 11:17am On Nov 09, 2023
Lol, he had to leave the village.
giselle237:
pls next time I encourage you to use the DHL option for passport return .. all the fuel money you just spent to go back to Abuja …..

Congratulations!!
Congratulations!! cc: directonpc

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 11:20am On Nov 09, 2023
Dear Gurus,
Respectfully, if i may ask.
When is the best time to re apply for an almost expired UK visa.
After expiration or before expiration.
Your genuine responses would be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 11:21am On Nov 09, 2023
giselle237:

Congratulations!!
I get ur point sha sha.

But I suspected they'll send collection mail late and I'm traveling from Abuja so, I don pick my passport, tomorrow I shop for anything I go need for my trip, then I travel smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 11:22am On Nov 09, 2023
hunee:
Lol, he had to leave the village.
Congratulations!! cc: directonpc
Thanks. Them suppose give me village chief title sha.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 11:24am On Nov 09, 2023
Lol. True and keep us updated on your journey, prolly some tips could be shared here from your encounters.
directonpc:

Thanks. Them suppose give me village chief title sha.
Fly safe

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 11:25am On Nov 09, 2023
directonpc:
Visa Alert!!

My passport not yet collected because I live in the village and I no want do DHL.

Application submitted 16th Oct.
Biometric 20th Oct.
Transferred to DMC 20th Oct.
No NSF emails
Transferred to VAC today (6th Nov.)
Passport collection email 6th Nov.

Finally got to Abuja and picked my passport, and visa stamp dey on top ( 9th Nov.)
When I collect my passport I go update una on the status. smiley At least my tension don drop small.

I don go collect my passport smiley

This is the 3rd visa I'm applying for this year and I applied by myself. All were approved. Thanks to all the Gurus on NL that create very helpful resources.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 11:30am On Nov 09, 2023
hunee:
Lol. True and keep us updated on your journey, prolly some tips could be shared here from your encounters.
Fly safe
Thanks. I go try.

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (612) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: Nnekkyneks and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.