Stats: 3,156,106 members, 7,828,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (843935 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (622) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lizboh(f): 9:13am On Nov 12, 2023
I applied for Visit visa I was rejected, I don't understand what happened....I'm self employed. I need to know how soon I can apply again because I want to meet up with my sister that I've not seen for more than 10yrs, she is coming to the UK from America

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ipanema: 9:50am On Nov 12, 2023
Thanks for your input...I didn't think 350k was low as well given there would be no other cost to me as flight, accommodation and feeding was all sponsored and I had shown ties back home. I even included thr prepaid flight details ( as my sister booked refundable ticket).

I am just extremely upset this visa officer certainly didn't review properly.

In fact the same 350k value was stated in my cover letter as monthly salary , same value is seen monthly in my bank statement ( but this ECO said its unexplained, when they can clearly see its from my employer o)

This is either a deliberate rejection or just very shoddy job by someone who really ought to be told off by their superiors .

They are humans too and make mistakes I guess, so we move and I'll reapply and point out every line of their rejection

I shall update here sha, and pray for a positive outcome this time.

Peachesarewhite:

I earn less than that amount monthly, and I was granted(just last month, with pretty same exchange rate). Someone here was also granted with 120k monthly salary(sponsored)

Its unfortunate they mistook monthly for annually in her case. Let her point that out in the next application, and improve on the other areas.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ipanema: 9:57am On Nov 12, 2023
Thank you for your input, I did write a cover letter and stated the salary as monthly.

But I'll take your advise and point out even the most basic, obvious aspect

I was trying to be concise in my letter to address key items as I expected common sense to tell them if you can see 350k every single month, from the same company then perhaps crosscheck it with what the applicant put in the employment section

They could also see the 100k I take out monthly o...so I guess just grasping at straws to reject for the sake of it sad

I'll update on outcome of 2nd application, hopefully positive this time round.

Thegamingorca:

What is introduction?
Why didn't you write cover letter? It should be repeating and interpreting every stated transaction in your account next time.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ipanema: 10:04am On Nov 12, 2023
I'm probably not in the best place to be advising, seeing as I just chopped my own rejection.
But I noticed on the letter they have stated 4mil naira annually as income( which equates to 333k monthly) and monthly expenditure is 300k?
This means disposable income monthly is only 33k? Unless I've read this wrong or ECO has misread your income as 4mil annually instead of 4mil monthly

Lizboh:
I applied for Visit visa I was rejected, I don't understand what happened....I'm self employed. I need to know how soon I can apply again because I want to meet up with my sister that I've not seen for more than 10yrs, she is coming to the UK from America

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:05am On Nov 12, 2023
Ipanema:

Thank you for your input, I did write a cover letter and stated the salary as monthly.

I was trying to be concise in my letter to address key items as I expected common sense to tell them if you can see 350k every single month, from the same company then perhaps crosscheck it with what the applicant put in the employment section

They could also see the 100k I take out monthly o...so I guess just grasping at straws to reject for the sake of it sad

These ppl want you to treat them like a toddler learning to walk. You must explain and explain even the one wey dem no send you. grin Cos when you do, they will have no choice but to give you the visa

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lizboh(f): 11:49am On Nov 12, 2023
Ipanema:

I will say it's all my fault because I left everything totally to my son to do because he said he can do and I wanted to see his ability but I got breakfast at the end but we moveeee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 12:34pm On Nov 12, 2023
Lizboh:

Hey !

I cooled down to read your rejection letter and this is my personal conclusion ;

1. If you reapply with the same documents you presented they will deny you again .

2. The bank statement you provided is the major (80%) cause of your visa rejection because the inflow and outflow ...deposits etc does not reflect the kind of money you claimed to be seeing as a self-employed individual.

3. Aside the bank statement, the Visa office are not satisfy with all the personal documents you submitted because they thinks there are discrepancies... Lies in your application .

I also want to think that the visa application you submitted was not done by you ...I think you employed the service of an expert and they should have submitted the bank statement in your company or personal name . IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT ..

Don't rush to reapply because someone is coming to The UK from The US is not even a good story to them , they thinks if you have such money and reputation to process UK visa why not process US visa and visit your sister over those 10 years you guys have seen ?

BUT IF YOU STILL WANT TO GIVE IT A TRY GO AHEAD ...Nothing is impossible with prayer and good logics. 1. Present another bank statement , 2. Present supporting documents that will corroborate your storyline of visiting a friend , 3. Input old picture of you and the sister in Primary or secondary school or University if available . 4. Write a detailed emotional personal letter explaining your reason for going to see your sister . 5. Tell your sister to write an emotional informal letter to you via email ..PRINT OUT THE EMAIL and input everything in your new application. IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY THEN GO AHEAD AND REAPPLY. Nothing is impossible !

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jolene474(f): 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2023
I don’t think if you re-apply you would get any different reply to this refusal, if you check the letter and rule in which he refused your application, he doesn’t think you have the money to take care of that trip without sourcing from else where or working in the UK.
Remember, they want you to convince them otherwise, let’s assume he sees you as an intended worker, would your current situation warrant you to work in the UK, maybe Yes.
your monthly expenses take almost 97% of your monthly income as you wrote..
And maybe your bank statement did not give them a clear picture of your finances too. So I’m not sure if you apply again with this same financial profile would help.
Review your expenses and bank statement.
Going to the UK and Back in this period would take almost 2000GBP to say the least, and you make about 4000GBP yearly, how then could you spend about half of your finance on a 12 day trip? UK is extremely expensive to visit. Check am from an Immigration Officer eye. Just my candid opinion.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lizboh(f): 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey !

I cooled down to read your rejection letter and this is my personal conclusion ;

1. If you reapply with the same documents you presented they will deny you again .

2. The bank statement you provided is the major (80%) cause of your visa rejection because the inflow and outflow ...deposits etc does not reflect the kind of money you claimed to be seeing as a self-employed individual.

3. Aside the bank statement, the Visa office are not satisfy with all the personal documents you submitted because they thinks there are discrepancies... Lies in your application .

I also want to think that the visa application you submitted was not done by you ...I think you employed the service of an expert and they should have submitted the bank statement in your company or personal name . IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT ..

Don't rush to reapply because someone is coming to The UK from The US is not even a good story to them , they thinks if you have such money and reputation to process UK visa why not process US visa and visit your sister over those 10 years you guys have seen ?

BUT IF YOU STILL WANT TO GIVE IT A TRY GO AHEAD ...Nothing is impossible with prayer and good logics. 1. Present another bank statement , 2. Present supporting documents that will corroborate your storyline of visiting a friend , 3. Input old picture of you and the sister in Primary or secondary school or University if available . 4. Write a detailed emotional personal letter explaining your reason for going to see your sister . 5. Tell your sister to write an emotional informal letter to you via email ..PRINT OUT THE EMAIL and input everything in your new application. IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY THEN GO AHEAD AND REAPPLY. Nothing is impossible !

Thanks....the bank statements is true no lies or whatsoever anywhere , I got it straight from my banks myself and all the information filled are all true ...yes I'm not the one that did the registration, it's my son . I think he didn't grab the questions well. Thanks for your response, I really appreciate

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lizboh(f): 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2023
Jolene474:
I don’t think if you re-apply you would get any different reply to this refusal, if you check the letter and rule in which he refused your application, he doesn’t think you have the money to take care of that trip without sourcing from else where or working in the UK.
Remember, they want you to convince them otherwise, let’s assume he sees you as an intended worker, would your current situation warrant you to work in the UK, maybe Yes.
your monthly expenses take almost 97% of your monthly income as you wrote..
And maybe your bank statement did not give them a clear picture of your finances too. So I’m not sure if you apply again with this same financial profile would help.
Review your expenses and bank statement.
Going to the UK and Back in this period would take almost 2000GBP to say the least, and you make about 4000GBP yearly, how then could you spend about half of your finance on a 12 day trip? UK is extremely expensive to visit. Check am from an Immigration Officer eye. Just my candid opinion.

Thanks....the acct has about 5m+ and there is no lump sum at all....I use the acct for purchase of goods and deposit all I make and take from it to buy again. I just tire like this.....on the issue of not wanting to come back, there is no reason not to come back, my children,my husband and business are all here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Trydifferentjok: 4:51pm On Nov 12, 2023
Hello all,

Has anyone used the ‘hold your passport’ feature at TLS before? When you received the email to bring your passport to the visa centre, how long did it take to get your passport (with the visa sticker) back? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tony2478: 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2023
Lizboh:

The Visa officer is not even convince about the source of the deposits in your business account.He wants to see Invoices or Receipts which corresponds with the deposits and from which he will know what kind of business your company is into and be sure it is an active running business entity.( Sources of funds in the business account)

So aside receiving monthly salary from the company account,it is very important that you add the company Invoices at least (10) to authenticate the deposits in that company account.

My own advise on this refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Peachesarewhite: 6:24pm On Nov 12, 2023
Thegamingorca:

These ppl want you to treat them like a toddler learning to walk. You must explain and explain even the one wey dem no send you. grin Cos when you do, they will have no choice but to give you the visa

Absolutely o, explain as much as you can grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 5:41am On Nov 13, 2023
Peachesarewhite:

Absolutely o, explain as much as you can grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Polasq: 10:18am On Nov 13, 2023
Hello friends, this is all quite fascinating and thoughtful. But I need your advice, or rather a recommendation, I am forced to leave my country and go to the UK, but I need a visa for my family, how can I do this? Perhaps you can recommend me the best option.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mall: 10:26am On Nov 13, 2023
Polasq:
Hello friends, this is all quite fascinating and thoughtful. But I need your advice, or rather a recommendation, I am forced to leave my country and go to the UK, but I need a visa for my family, how can I do this? Perhaps you can recommend me the best option.
Hello, strange as it may seem, there are a lot more people in the UK at the moment, and I also moved here with my wife. We waited a long time for our visa to be issued, but we decided that we would do an independent family visa uk and we succeeded thanks to sponsors, but time is of the essence when it comes to reuniting with family.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Beautynm1: 10:44am On Nov 13, 2023
Good morning everyone I’m applying for spouse visa and I don’t know if I meet the requirements. Someone said they look at the lowest payslip and multiply by 12 and now from the month of June to October his salary is as follower:
May £ 2,671
June: £1,434
July; £2,436
August: £ 2,724
September £2,724
October :£2,724
I multiply the June salary by 12 didn’t get the 18,600 required what should we do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Onyiiiiibeke(f): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2023
Good day everyone, I want to self upload my documents but there are some docs I am yet to get. Can I book an appointment date in advance? Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Perocity(m): 3:09pm On Nov 13, 2023
I'm trying to reschedule my visa appointment for uk embassy in lagos. Please it's not working please. I want to move from 14th November to 22nd November.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 4:15pm On Nov 13, 2023
Please how do I get a regular date, without upgrading for my UK visiting visa. Currently I can’t seem to find any available date. Do I keep checking ? Or what can I do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Xtension18(m): 4:18pm On Nov 13, 2023
Please Gurus in the house can you advice, a skilled worker visa (care) that was submitted in the first week of September and till now I haven’t gotten any response from UKVI, please what can I do to get an update? Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pharrel1539: 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2023
You have not gotten any nsf and have u escalated,made a paid mail or paid call?

Xtension18:
Please Gurus in the house can you advice, a skilled worker visa (care) that was submitted in the first week of September and till now I haven’t gotten any response from UKVI, please what can I do to get an update? Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Xtension18(m): 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2023
pharrel1539:
You have not gotten any nsf and have u escalated,made a paid mail or paid call?

I made a call to the UKVI customer service number and they advise that I should wait
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2023
EstherOA:
Please how do I get a regular date, without upgrading for my UK visiting visa. Currently I can’t seem to find any available date. Do I keep checking ? Or what can I do.
Disregard, gotten a date!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by phiriki: 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hi everyone, I applied for family vacation to UK scheduled for December 2 weeks trip and went for Biometric on Wednesday, I received this message in my mail this evening and same for other members of my home, what could possible outcome? Message below:

Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, due to operational restrictions. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 1:57am On Nov 14, 2023
They have singled out one or two of your documents needing thorough verification. Verifications are often done within their office. But situations sometimes arise when they need to be done contacting Nigerian issuers (or purported issuers) of such documents. In such cases, UKVI will write to prepare the mind of the concerned applicant for a possible delay, though the 'thorough' verification might not be long after all. One important thing: falsifications discovered through the check within their office do not often lead to a ban, but the ones discovered through the Nigeria sources or purpored sources do. However, if the concerned applicant is 'clean' there is no doubt that the visa will be approved after the checks.

phiriki:
Hi everyone, I applied for family vacation to UK scheduled for December 2 weeks trip and went for Biometric on Wednesday, I received this message in my mail this evening and same for other members of my home, what could possible outcome? Message below:

Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, due to operational restrictions. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Teephour(f): 4:00am On Nov 14, 2023
Good morning all, I would like to confirm if dependant below age 6 is required to pay for biometrics.

Also how much is the biometrics and for those who recen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Teephour(f): 4:04am On Nov 14, 2023
Good morning all, I would like to confirm if kids below age 6 are required to pay for biometrics and how much is the recent fee for biometrics.

Also for those who just applied for the health care visa for 3 years and above, how much was the dollar equivalent deducted.

Thank you all for your usual response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 4:29am On Nov 14, 2023
@Lizboh

With what this UK refusal letter says about your income and expenses, I don't think any country will grant your visa.

Monthly income: 333k
Monthly expenses: 300k

You only left with 33k at the end of the month, which is not even enough to plan a trip within Nigeria, not to talk of the UK.

Your expenses are damn too high.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lizboh(f): 8:08am On Nov 14, 2023
Ashirioluwa:
@Lizboh

With what this UK refusal letter says about your income and expenses, I don't think any country will grant your visa.

Monthly income: 333k
Monthly expenses: 300k

You only left with 33k at the end of the month, which is not even enough to plan a trip within Nigeria, not to talk of the UK.

Your expenses are damn too high.

Thanks......it was a mistake done when inputting the figures....I'm self employed and I just work and save my money, I didn't get the calculations well....how do I go about it next time I want to try pls ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fbimps: 8:22am On Nov 14, 2023
mosesadio:
They have singled out one or two of your documents needing thorough verification. Verifications are often done within their office. But situations sometimes arise when they need to be done contacting Nigerian issuers (or purported issuers) of such documents. In such cases, UKVI will write to prepare the mind of the concerned applicant for a possible delay, though the 'thorough' verification might not be long after all. One important thing: falsifications discovered through the check within their office do not often lead to a ban, but the ones discovered through the Nigeria sources or purpored sources do. However, if the concerned applicant is 'clean' there is no doubt that the visa will be approved after the checks real and can be verified,

Thanks for the update , all document submitted are real and veriable documents. 3 bank statement: mine, the company, and my wife, but I noticed our marriage certificate was not included in my wife's document by error, but it was submitted for the children and the husband.
I hope for prompt response. whatever the outcome is we move .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mikeayus(m): 8:44am On Nov 14, 2023
Okay...I registered and paid online on Saturday Nov 11th afternoon and yesterday morning my application had moved past secretariat routing. However the sms I got yesterday morning says capture expiry date is November 12th which is a day before.

I want to know if there is really a timeline one must appear for the biometric capture after getting the sms and what documents to go with for the capturing

ShyShyBobo:

I think everything was explained in the link.

The guide helped me too.

I paid online, the actual 30k. But capturing officer(a woman) was hesitant to capture me. She said I'll need to pay. She actually delayed me (around 10 minutes) because I said I called their official customer care. Others there were giving her 3k, 5k, actually, they'll expect you to give them a price first.

Inshort, she didn't collect anything from me. And I got my certificate around 5/6pm same day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (622) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: LadyCaplin and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88