Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,558 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (825930 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (612) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ella2000: 5:25pm On Nov 10, 2023
Ella2000:
I pray so. Thank you for responding. I’ll give feedback tomorrow when we know for sure.
Hello everyone. My Aunty’s 6months visitors visa was granted. Praise the Lord! To help someone else I’ll post details of her application.

Background: my aunt is unmarried and has no children. So our worry was proving she had ties in Nigeria. Her only travel history is SA. She owns a salon, and my sister who works in Tech in the UK stood in as her sponsor. My other sister is graduating from her masters so we included an invite letter from the school.

Standard Application: Oct 26th
Biometrics & Documents submitted: Nov 1st
Dhl Email: Nov 9th
Passport Delivered with visa: Nov 10th

Documents submitted:
1. Letter of Introduction on company letterhead (explicitly stated she anticipates returning back to Nigeria because of her business)
2. CAC Registration of Business Name
3. 2022 Annual returns Certificate (ensured the business was active on CAC portal)
4. 4 months Personal Bank Statement & Cover letter
5. 4 months Business Bank Statement & Cover letter (she wasn’t paying herself a salary)
6. Land Document
7. Family pictures (old & new) -included names & dates
8. Whatsapp chat
9. Detailed Travel Itinerary
From Sister & Family:
10. Letter of Invitation - included budget & breakdown
11. 6 Months Bank Statement
12. 6 Months Work Payslip
13. Housing Utility bill
14. BRP
15. Employment letter
16. Work ID card
17. School letter of invitation - Masters student
18. BRP - Masters student
19. BRP - another family member
NB- added table of contents to each section. Success!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 5:40pm On Nov 10, 2023
Ella2000:

Hello everyone. My Aunty’s 6months visitors visa was granted. Praise the Lord! To help someone else I’ll post details of her application.

Background: my aunt is unmarried and has no children. So our worry was proving she had ties in Nigeria. Her only travel history is SA. She owns a salon, and my sister who works in Tech in the UK stood in as her sponsor. My other sister is graduating from her masters so we included an invite letter from the school.

Documents submitted:
1. Letter of Introduction on company letterhead (explicitly stated she anticipates returning back to Nigeria because of her business)
3. 2022 Annual returns Certificate (ensured the business was active on CAC portal)
5. 4 months Business Bank Statement & Cover letter (she wasn’t paying herself a salary)
6. Land Document
8. Whatsapp chat
From Sister & Family:
13. Housing Utility bill
14. BRP
15. Employment letter
16. Work ID card

Document yi por. Kilode cheesy

Congratulations 🎊

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ella2000: 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2023
hunee:

Congratulations 🎊

😂🤣😂 we didn’t want her to be denied o. Abeg. She is my favourite aunt in the whole world we needed to put in everything wink. Thank God it worked out.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 6:02pm On Nov 10, 2023
Ella2000:

😂🤣😂 we didn’t want her to be denied o. Abeg. She is my favourite aunt in the whole world we needed to put in everything wink. Thank God it worked out.
I am happy for you. One would have thought otherwise considering her home ties concerns you raised, but it was a smart thing you did by showing substantial evidence.
And that's a lesson for others who find themselves in these categories, always show eco sufficient documents.

Congratulations 🎊 again and wishing her safe trip wink

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ella2000: 6:07pm On Nov 10, 2023
hunee:

I am happy for you. One would have thought otherwise considering her home ties concerns you raised, but it was a smart thing you did by showing substantial evidence.
And that's a lesson for others who find themselves in these categories, always show eco sufficient documents.

Congratulations 🎊 again and wishing her safe trip wink
You are right. Thank you so much! 💃🏾

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 6:46pm On Nov 10, 2023
congratulation to her

Ella2000:

Documents submitted:
6. Land Document
8. Whatsapp chat
From Sister & Family:
13. Housing Utility bill
14. BRP
15. Employment letter
16. Work ID card

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lilymond(f): 4:37am On Nov 11, 2023
Ooh wow thanks alot for your response. Please if you don't mind, what's NI?

giselle237:

Congrats. It is Tier 2 dependent visa, not spousal visa. Spouse visa is for partners of British citizens and settled persons.
You are not in country yet, Your chances will increase then, also you would have your BRP and can apply for your NI when you enter. Post further questions on the living in uk thread for assistance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:04am On Nov 11, 2023
Lilymond:
Ooh wow thanks alot for your response. Please if you don't mind, what's NI?
https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kinichyongod: 8:39am On Nov 11, 2023
I sell winter wears in lagos very thick and affordable too
Call or WhatsApp
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kunleop: 8:54am On Nov 11, 2023
Good morning guys.

Pls my friend mother is 59years old and she still fashion designer, I hope it won't have negative effect on her visa application due to her age and the job.

Kindly assist

@giselle237, @cashmadam
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:15am On Nov 11, 2023
Ipanema:
Hi folks,
My application was refused because the the officer didn't read their own information...I had filled in monthly salary at 350knaira monthly and they mistook this for 350k annually.

My bank statement was also purposely kept clear of noise as I ensured it was only showing the 350k paid monthly by my employer and the 100k I take out monthly for my bills( I make sure I take out the 100k in one go as well, to avoid clutter).

No other ins or out in the salary account apart from salary in monthly and 100k out monthly, I left the residual valance every month in thr same account...so how they can then say the funds are unexplained is beyond me, as it states the company name that pays the money (same company I have identified as my employer on my application o)

They clearly had no issue with mu sponsor as my sister had written ans shown prove she'll pay my flight, accommodation and feeding...I have shown home ties with my kids, husband and work so these aspects are not an issue .

I am planning to reapply, as I believe this person reviewed in haste and didn't verify the information before them, my question is in my introduction letter do I address this as the first thing or write other aspect of the introduction before getting to this?
Ps: I did write a detailed introduction in my application, showed itinerary etc.

What is introduction?
Why didn't you write cover letter? It should be repeating and interpreting every stated transaction in your account next time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:17am On Nov 11, 2023
tooboo:
Good day house pls I want to visit UK for vacation with my wife ,there are my doc ,invitation letter,from my friend ,statement of account worth 5m,leave letter payslip, company id and house agreement document ,pls need your advise thanks

The 5 million being there. I hope there is a logical explanation to back how it ended up in there grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olaere: 10:03am On Nov 11, 2023
Good day everyone. Please what’s the minimum amount required to relocate to the UK ? Mostly for couples.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Swtychinny16(f): 10:08am On Nov 11, 2023
hunee:

Congratulations 🎊
Pls I need a sample of Pay slip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mikeayus(m): 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2023
Okay boss, I just made payment online myself and my application is pending at Secretariat Routing stage.

Please how long did it take for them to process yours to the biometric capture stage?

ShyShyBobo:

I think everything was explained in the link.

The guide helped me too.

I paid online, the actual 30k. But capturing officer(a woman) was hesitant to capture me. She said I'll need to pay. She actually delayed me (around 10 minutes) because I said I called their official customer care. Others there were giving her 3k, 5k, actually, they'll expect you to give them a price first.

Inshort, she didn't collect anything from me. And I got my certificate around 5/6pm same day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lizboh(f): 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2023
giselle237:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

Pls check your mail....I need to ask some personal questions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bolaadeogun: 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2023
Please guys, does anyone know if they refund IHS money if visa is denied? Like can we apply for a refund if visa is denied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2023
Bolaadeogun:
Please guys, does anyone know if they refund IHS money if visa is denied? Like can we apply for a refund if visa is denied.
Yes!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2023
Lizboh:

Pls check your mail....I need to ask some personal questions
for how much pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lizboh(f): 7:34pm On Nov 11, 2023
giselle237:
for how much pls

Pls sisterly ooooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jacketemma: 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2023
Good evening all, Please does anyone knows if I can process a 5 days priority UK visit visa.. Someone told that me the UK don't do priority Visit visa in Nigeria.. I just want a confirmation.. I have a function to attend on 2nd of December; I'm worried it might be late to start standard process now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:01pm On Nov 11, 2023
jacketemma:
Good evening all, Please does anyone knows if I can process a 5 days priority UK visit visa.. Someone told that me the UK don't do priority Visit visa in Nigeria.. I just want a confirmation.. I have a function to attend on 2nd of December; I'm worried it might be late to start standard process now.

You should be more worried about what date for biometrics you will find.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jacketemma: 11:14pm On Nov 11, 2023
Thegamingorca:

You should be more worried about what date for biometrics you will find.

Are you saying the priority works, but I might still not get a favourable biometrics date?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:05am On Nov 12, 2023
jacketemma:

Are you saying the priority works, but I might still not get a favourable biometrics date?

I'm saying getting a suitable time for biometrics between now and end of the month should be your top priority cos even if your visa is processed on priority it might not necessarily be realised after 5 days. So the earlier you book now the better incase the priority is later converted to standard by the ECO for hitches here and there

Standard takes 9 days. Priority might take 5 days but yes the person who told you about the priority visa ish was telling lies

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Handsome1: 12:14am On Nov 12, 2023
MrSoftlife:

This has to do with the ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization). This was introduced last year for countries who do not need a visa to enter the AUK.

For now this for nationals of Bahrain, Jordan, Oman Saudi Arabia, UAE.

Don't let this be of concern to you l.
Thank you so much for your reply it was so helpful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Handsome1: 12:14am On Nov 12, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Why will you apply for a visa again when you already have one?

Go back to your agent to clarify what he or she meant.

Unless maybe he was talking about a different visa category. For example, if you have a visitor visa but you're planning to visit the UK for work purposes, then you will need to apply for a new visa.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Handsome1: 12:16am On Nov 12, 2023
Hello All,
Please am looking to travelling to the UK with my spouse(I already have a UK visa)like how much should I budget for a 2 weeks vacation to the Uk...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:24am On Nov 12, 2023
Handsome1:
Hello All,
Please am looking to travelling to the UK with my spouse(I already have a UK visa)like how much should I budget for a 2 weeks vacation to the Uk...
according to you, you have an existing 10 years visa? no? it should be easier for you to apply your knowledge to this question from your UK visa experience.

Nobody would be able to give you a budget. flight + accommodation figures are mandatory..
pls rephrase your question so we know where to help and clarify if this question is for visa stage or for travelling stage.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:30am On Nov 12, 2023
Lizboh:
Pls sisterly ooooo
Come again? You’ll pls need to post your question here for all of us due to experience that would be garnered from a lot of ppl here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ABNSD: 2:34am On Nov 12, 2023
giselle237:
for how much pls
@giselle237 please can you send me a private message? I need your help with guidance on UK visa application. I’ll kindly pay for it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bry8ted(m): 2:40am On Nov 12, 2023
FaithfulGod4me:
Good morning nairalanders, please i'm in a little fix and need honest opinions.

I have been reading about care giver job and people say its a nasty job and degrading.

I also have an opportunity to enter UK via IT work but we will be trained for some months in the UK on tech skills before job placements.

I have aready done courses on care giving and gotten certificates and have also commensed processing for HCPC registration (i am originally into Healthcare here in Naija but must get UK license before getting a job in my original career and chances of me getting a job in my original career is higher if i am already in UK).

Bottom line is that... The goal now is to enter the UK legally.
Should i take the IT opportunity or the care giver route?

Note: both have 5 years visa validity.

Please don't discourage me. I have been through alot already.
Hello, I sent you a Dm. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Peachesarewhite: 3:42am On Nov 12, 2023
Cashmadam:

Sorry about the refusal.

Next time, convert all figures in Naira to Pounds. It helps. The Naira figures sometimes confuses them. I say this from experience.

Secondly, salary of N350,000 a month is low - sponsor or no sponsor. Especially with the FX rate that has gone up significantly.

Perharps others can help.

I earn less than that amount monthly, and I was granted(just last month, with pretty same exchange rate). Someone here was also granted with 120k monthly salary(sponsored)

Its unfortunate they mistook monthly for annually in her case. Let her point that out in the next application, and improve on the other areas.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (612) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.