Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,042 members, 7,828,665 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (843758 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (622) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 1:35pm On Jan 10
I believe that others gave very detailed information already which I agree with. They had said send substantial maintenance to your mum monthly etc.
Please follow the previous guidance already shared. You’re the sponsor but there also needs to be some money in her account.

Do not rush to reapply. Correct these things over the next 3-6 months and then go again.

brainhack201:

I just want to ask did my mum need to have any money in her account?
Cos I'll be the one sponsoring her visit, I've got £5k saved already for this.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10
Use a dollar virtual card to pay like Cardiff, etc.
gerrald02:
Goodmorning All,

Looking to apply for a UK visa. The UK visa fees and IHS fees online are quoted in dollars/pounds.

For people that have already gone down this route without anyone abroad to assist with a foreign card how were you able to pay? Is payments via naira card acceptable? Or is there other payment methods available that I can use.

Thanks in advance. Apologies if asked previously but not seen.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jvas: 1:45pm On Jan 10
giselle237:
Fill im the old passport details and then fill a date less than when it is to expire.
Secondly, go on and make payment for the new passport. You will receive the receipt and acknowledgement invoices.
In the additional information part of the form, explain that your passport has expired and you have made payment for the new one and await capturing however you need to apply for your visa.
Also add that you have attached your passport application form and receipts to your supporting documents.
As long as you are inside the UK doing this application and do the above you will not be punished for any passport problem. When you receive the new passport even after your visa is out, fill the update form for UKVI.

Thanks so much for this detailed information. I really appreciate 🙏.

Two things please 🙏
1. The old passport has expired in 2023, do you mean I should put 2024 so that I can proceed with filling of the remaining session?

2. Have done the biometric already with evidence, will I be able to upload it on the form or there's a separate email address for it?

Thanks and God bless.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:53pm On Jan 10
Jvas:

Thanks so much for this detailed information. I really appreciate 🙏.
1. The old passport has expired in 2023, do you mean I should put 2024 so that I can proceed with filling of the remaining session?
2. Have done the biometric already with evidence, will I be able to upload it on the form or there's a separate email address for it?Thanks and God bless.
1. Yes
2. U can upload supporting documents when you are submitting your visa documents

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Beautynm1: 3:33pm On Jan 10
Damybams13:

You can track again tonight, tomorrow or Saturday. It should move to vac, congratulations
Thanks I got the visa since 28th December thanks 🙏
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jvas: 3:52pm On Jan 10
giselle237:
1. Yes
2. U can upload supporting documents when you are submitting your visa documents

I'm so grateful dear friend. Thanks so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Uzzybekee: 4:22pm On Jan 10
Please this UKVI service fee of 76 pounds I am seeing on TLS page , is it a new development or it has always been there. despite paying visa fee? or did i click or choose something wrong? pls help before i pay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oyesquare10: 4:57pm On Jan 10
Did you choose VI? I think there's a fee to pay for VI center
Uzzybekee:
Please this UKVI service fee of 76 pounds I am seeing on TLS page , is it a new development or it has always been there. despite paying visa fee? or did i click or choose something wrong? pls help before i pay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AOI2016: 5:56pm On Jan 10
Hi Guys,
Please i need your help here.
I applied for my mother to visit the UK on a visiting visa, she is a trader and she makes about 100k as income every month.
I also deposited a sum of 5 million in her account so as to cover for the expenses and i stated in my invitation letter that my wife and i will be responsible for her coming.
I submitted my employment letter and that of my wife, proof of address, BRP, birth certificate.
I submitted one month bank statement also.
Surprisely, i just got a refusal email now stating the following:
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph V4 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for Visitors because:
• You have applied to visit the UK for 21 days for a family visit. In order to come to my
decision, I have considered all of the documents you have provided regarding your
circumstances.
• You state that you are self-employed with a yearly income of NGN 1,800,000
(£1,577). In support of your application you have provided a copy of your personal
bank statement. I note that the credits and balances in your account are not
consistent with your declared income. I am therefore not satisfied that your personal
and financial circumstances are as you have set out. This undermines the credibility
of your application to the extent that I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking
entry as a visitor or intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit.
• In assessing your entry clearance application, I have considered all of the documents
and information provided against the requirements of Appendix V, and have also
taken into account the published Visit guidance. The guidance indicates a number of
factors which can help assess if an applicant is a genuine visitor, including but not
limited to the following:
• their financial circumstances as well as their family, social and economic background
• their personal and economic ties to their country of residence
• The concerns noted in the paragraphs above mean that I am not satisfied that you
have accurately declared your personal circumstances, which in turn means I am not
satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you are a genuine visitor. While I note
the information you have provided regarding the purpose of your visit and your
sponsors support, I am not satisfied that these other factors outweigh the concerns
noted above. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a
visitor and that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit.
• Your application is therefore refused under paragraph V4.2 (a) and (c) of the
Immigration Rules
My question now what did i do wrong and how soon can i reapply for her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oyesquare10: 7:29pm On Jan 10
I copied the message below from a response to someone, credit to @newbie2016. Some points might address your query

Here are some of my thoughts:

2. She falls under self employment as a tailor but given her age and the host of proof of work you mentioned, you can put those together as employment proof: pictures of her infront and inside her shop, pictures of her working on orders, shop agreement, her ID card etc.

NB: For self employed persons, the general rule of thumb as you already stated is for them to have a dedicated business account/CAC/Tax card as well as a personal account (where their salaries are paid into). This is important as the VO are looking to confirm if the money you claim to have is readily available for your use if needed. For cases where separate accounts don't exist, it is difficult to tell how much is available for the user hence why some folks get rejected i.e. you are not expected to spend business capital on leisure activities

Scroll back some pages to read examples of rejection letters with cases of VO not convinced about applicants financial status

3. Her application must show that she has a reason to come back to Nigeria e.g. does she have parents/children/grandchildren or emotional support animals she takes care of? Does she belong to any religious group or is she an active member in her community?

You can get letters of support from her church/mosque/community stating that she is active in any programme to further aid her application.

4. While I understand you send a monthly stipend into her business/personal account, I am concerned that her bank statement will read a bit chaotic & recommend you take the next 6 months to clean up before applying. All stipends as well as her 'salary' should go into a separate account. This means, if on average she gets paid 70k each month for work, she can pay herself 40k as salary, while your stipend of 30k is also sent into her new account. From this, she can then remove 15k or whatever amount you deem necessary as her monthly expense.

To show further financial ties, she can include properties, pension/insurance from late husband etc. if available.

5. Assuming the actual numbers after step 4 are too low to demonstrate adequate financial ties, you can offer to sponsor her. If you are in the UK and have 5 - 8k pounds in your account, this is very good. This alongside tenancy agreement, proof of employment proof and other ties will be helpful.

If you are in Nigeria and have a savings account of 6 - 10m, that is also a good balance IMO. Include your proof of work, and other ties to support her application.

This is your Christmas gift to your mum. Nothing wrong with doing this.

6. Finally, you can use a cover letter to articulate everything I've described.

That said, I must add/warn that irrespective of you sponsoring her, she will be judged based on her own circumstances as an adult & it is imperative that her complete application clearly shows that she is a genuine traveller who will not access public funds/resources while in the UK & will return after her holiday.

AOI2016:
Hi Guys,
Please i need your help here.
I applied for my mother to visit the UK on a visiting visa, she is a trader and she makes about 100k as income every month.
I also deposited a sum of 5 million in her account so as to cover for the expenses and i stated in my invitation letter that my wife and i will be responsible for her coming.
I submitted my employment letter and that of my wife, proof of address, BRP, birth certificate.
I submitted one month bank statement also.
Surprisely, i just got a refusal email now stating the following:
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph V4 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for Visitors because:
• You have applied to visit the UK for 21 days for a family visit. In order to come to my
decision, I have considered all of the documents you have provided regarding your
circumstances.
• You state that you are self-employed with a yearly income of NGN 1,800,000
(£1,577). In support of your application you have provided a copy of your personal
bank statement. I note that the credits and balances in your account are not
consistent with your declared income. I am therefore not satisfied that your personal
and financial circumstances are as you have set out. This undermines the credibility
of your application to the extent that I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking
entry as a visitor or intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit.
• In assessing your entry clearance application, I have considered all of the documents
and information provided against the requirements of Appendix V, and have also
taken into account the published Visit guidance. The guidance indicates a number of
factors which can help assess if an applicant is a genuine visitor, including but not
limited to the following:
• their financial circumstances as well as their family, social and economic background
• their personal and economic ties to their country of residence
• The concerns noted in the paragraphs above mean that I am not satisfied that you
have accurately declared your personal circumstances, which in turn means I am not
satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you are a genuine visitor. While I note
the information you have provided regarding the purpose of your visit and your
sponsors support, I am not satisfied that these other factors outweigh the concerns
noted above. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a
visitor and that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit.
• Your application is therefore refused under paragraph V4.2 (a) and (c) of the
Immigration Rules
My question now what did i do wrong and how soon can i reapply for her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by donwitty(m): 8:25pm On Jan 10
Can anybody help with NIN email correction? And get it done ASAP?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bolaadeogun: 2:54pm On Jan 11
Hello People,

Please I need guidance on how to request for IHC (immigration health charge) refund . It’s been 6 weeks since refusal and it has not been refunded. Please help.
Thanks🙏🙏
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 3:55pm On Jan 11
Uzzybekee:

You chose to do biometrics in victoria island grin

That's the price to enter heaven!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Gabriel2308: 8:10pm On Jan 11
https:///I1EmwxZeRnWFxSNeVzD3Au

created a group for people interested in Hungary join below
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Uzzybekee: 9:40pm On Jan 11
Thegamingorca:

Choi!!!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Peachesarewhite: 4:56pm On Jan 12
Check your spam to be sure no refusal mail came.
Then email them to express your concerns.

faroukalabi:
Good afternoon,

Please I applied for a Visitor Visa for my mum to the UK since the 13th December and we got a mail for her to pick up her passport today.

She went to pick her passport today and there was no Visa Vignette on it and neither did we get a refusal letter (by mail or attached with her passport collection).

Has anyone had this kind of issue before and how was it rectified?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cejo(m): 5:06pm On Jan 12
Pls house I'm the main applicant(HCW visa) already in the UK for couple of months while everything is almost set for my wife & kids to join me,pls what are the things I need to put in place or questions they may be asking them at the airport (UK/Nigeria),any support document to tender etc just to ensure no surprises from any quarters.Helpful ideas are needed pls!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by beautyuche: 10:49pm On Jan 12
Good morning Guru in the house what will be the minimum amount to have in my account to be able to process visiting visa better still a 10 year visa.

Please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by beautyuche: 10:53pm On Jan 12
Those in Port harcourt have an additional 250k to pay....lol

Thegamingorca:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:22am On Jan 13
beautyuche:
Those in Port harcourt have an additional 250k to pay....lol

It's still better than paying for flight to and fro to Abuja or Lagos and still pay for hotel grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ikemolo2: 9:40am On Jan 13
I submitted my passport and did biometrics on 22nd of Dec 2023

Got this email on 29th Dec 2023 "Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service) We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, due to operational restrictions. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC."

No notification as of 10th of Jan 2024 so I wrote admin.reviewabuja@fcdo.gov.uk on the 11th of Jan requesting they kindly make decision because I should be traveling on official assignment by 25th Jan to Egypt where I also have my company, I supposed to travel on the 10th of Jan but the visa application was not processed and I attached the original tickets and the rescheuled ones for their verification.

On 12th Jan 2024 I receieved an email from TLS for passport collection. Though I requested for courier delivery from the time of application so I am awaiting for the passport to be delivered to me.

No decision email recieved from UKVI both in my inbox and junk mail.

I tracked the application on the Immigration website and it shows processed and transferred to VAC as you can see from the screenshot.

I am confused. Does it mean they cancelled the application which I didn't request they do? Does it mean the visa was refused based on my email? Does it mean the visa is granted?

I am not a first time traveler, I have traveled to 7 European countries on schengen business visa and still have valid one year multiple entry schengen business visa and I have valid Egypt Foreign Residence Permit as well. My schengen visas were gotten from Egypt because I have business ties over there too.

I have been rejected UK visa before in March 2023 because of incomplete documentations and unclear financial explanations.

But am a bit suprised that no decision email was sent and passport is being dispatched to me.

Has anyone experienced this before and what was the outcome at the end?

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oyesquare10: 9:50am On Jan 13
From my knowledge, you don't get decision email if your application is successful. So congratulations in advance

ikemolo2:

Got this email on 29th Dec 2023 "Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service) We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, due to operational restrictions. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC."

No notification as of 10th of Jan 2024 so I wrote admin.reviewabuja@fcdo.gov.uk on the 11th of Jan requesting they kindly make decision because I should be traveling on official assignment by 25th Jan to Egypt where I also have my company, I supposed to travel on the 10th of Jan but the visa application was not processed and I attached the original tickets and the rescheuled ones for their verification.

On 12th Jan 2024 I receieved an email from TLS for passport collection. Though I requested for courier delivery from the time of application so I am awaiting for the passport to be delivered to me.

I tracked the application on the Immigration website and it shows processed and transferred to VAC as you can see from the screenshot.

I am confused. Does it mean they cancelled the application which I didn't request they do? Does it mean the visa was refused based on my email? Does it mean the visa is granted?

I am not a first time traveler, I have traveled to 7 European countries on schengen business visa and still have valid one year multiple entry schengen business visa and I have valid Egypt Foreign Residence Permit as well. My schengen visas were gotten from Egypt because I have business ties over there too.

I have been rejected UK visa before in March 2023 because of incomplete documentations and unclear financial explanations.

But am a bit suprised that no decision email was sent and passport is being dispatched to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ikemolo2: 10:02am On Jan 13
Oyesquare10:
From my knowledge, you don't get decision email if your application is successful. So congratulations in advance

Thank you very much for this kind wishes! I pray the outcome becomes positive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mirob(f): 10:11am On Jan 13
Good morning All.

Please I want to know how to go about this; my husband wants to fully sponsor my visit to the Uk for his PHD graduation in April, and the school has already given him ticket to invite his family.

We want to start the application this January, we have proof of relationship, my question is what documents do I need to present.

I was a fashion designer which i registered the business in 2022 but was not active , I later changed to a lingerie business which I do mostly online but I have a physical shop.
Do I need tax clearance for my travel or is it only for my husband since he is solely sponsoring the trip.

I want to stay for only 10 days.

Please what do I do so that they will not deny me this visa since this is my first trip out of Nigeria and I have never applied for visa to any country.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Matripleo: 12:51pm On Jan 13
Can i still enter the uk with my student dependent visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cbn4main: 1:21pm On Jan 13
Thegamingorca:

It's still better than paying for flight to and fro to Abuja or Lagos and still pay for hotel grin
Exactly!!! Just enter N100 keke to presidentia hotel, do your biometrics and go awz. 😃 😊 😀

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:00pm On Jan 13
ikemolo2:

You are getting yourself worked up over nothing.

Since you knew you will need the passport to travel earlier to egypt why didn't you put measures in place to ensure you did not have to face such sleepless nights by applying for this UK visa since early December last year.

15 working days is like 3 weeks and these UK people don't like to joke with Christmas and New year holidays so pkpata kpata nah this year dem start to review your application. But even at that due to the low patronage by Nigerians these days, the decisions are made fast and in only 9 days max.

All this too much thinking will cause you high blood pressure boss. Abeg Rest. If dem no send you mail does not mean the application was not approved. Try to be positive.

When did the received by VAC change to green.

With regards the courier you paid for, didn't dey give you waybill number to use and track the application? Why are you stressing yourself for no reason?

If the package has been shipped, kuku check on DHL website and put your waybill number nah, you are not a kid.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:09pm On Jan 13
ikemolo2:

Then again since TLS has already contacted you for passport collection then it means the passport is with them.

In the long run, they will update the site to say passport collected by applicant once the DHL ppl have collected your package so already you are home and dry

Bros go and drink water and rest grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talentarena(m): 12:07am On Jan 14
I have given up on uk visa, I have canada and been to canada 4 times, been to France and all scheghen countries 3 times, been to turkey, have valid USA, valid France, valid turkey, have a business, earn salary, and these people still denied me, talking a bout tax...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talentarena(m): 12:13am On Jan 14
I have given up on uk visa, I have canada and been to canada 4 times, been to France and all scheghen countries 3 times, been to turkey, have valid USA, valid France, have valid canada, valid turkey, have a business, earn salary, and these people still denied me, talking a bout tax...there was no document I dint submit, company profile and so on,

have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 to V4.6 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for Visitors
because:
• You state that you intend to visit the UK for 8 days for the purpose of tourism.
• You state that you are self-employed earning a yearly income of 6,000,000.00 NGN
(£4,929.88 @ exchange rate £1 = 1,217.07 NGN). You state that you intend to spend
£2,000.00 on the visit and you state you receive additional income yearly of
£12,000.00.
• I note you have businesses generating income. However, the information provided
does not demonstrate the level of income each business generates yearly or the
income you receive from it. I am therefore not satisfied that you have accurately
portrayed your personal circumstances. This in turn leads me to doubt your intentions
and credibility in wanting to travel on this occasion.
• In addition, documents provided do not demonstrate your paying taxes in your home
country for the business mentioned . Therefore, this undermines the credibility of
your application.
• Given the above, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor
and that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is
therefore refused under paragraph V 4.2 (a) and (c).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cbn4main: 9:08am On Jan 14
Good morning elders. Please who has travelled to the uk from Nigeria with Kenya airways? How much was charged for extra luggage? Did you pay in Naira or dollars at the Airport? I want to decide whether to pay online or at the Airport

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (622) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: Zinny91

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.