Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (843598 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (622) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeyemi007: 7:51pm On Jan 16
I’ve seen stories like this on the student section. You could ask there and I’m sure you’d get help. Your case is pretty straightforward tho. People misplace their BC every time since there’s no digital record or storage. An affidavit should help. But then, telling them why you had to get a new one and adding proof that shows you’re indeed the parents works too.
mrnatural:

Thanks but I intend getting an affidavit from high court and also a police report to back it up. But I’m already here in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mrnatural(m): 8:27pm On Jan 16
Opeyemi007:
I’ve seen stories like this on the student section. You could ask there and I’m sure you’d get help. Your case is pretty straightforward tho. People misplace their BC every time since there’s no digital record or storage. An affidavit should help. But then, telling them why you had to get a new one and adding proof that shows you’re indeed the parents works too.

Thanks mate! I’ll post this there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Meshach171(m): 8:42pm On Jan 16
Good evening house, please can I withdraw the funds in my POF after my visa interview?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrSoftlife(f): 9:11pm On Jan 16
Opeyemi007:
At all. The complicates it more. Why would NPC make that kinda mistake. The best thing is to say they lost the original BC and had to get a replacement from NPC. They could supply pictures from the naming ceremony, pictures from Preggy days with dates showing that period.

The issue now is that UKVI sent a message recently asking why a kid that was giving birthday to over 4yrs ago is having date of 2024 on birth the certificate which is the date the birth certificate was issued. Also to explain the document i submitted to obtain this new birth certificate.

I think from his explanation it is straightforward that it was a typo from NPC/hospital and asking whoever issued that document to issue the right one. Yes, he can add a court affidavit that the first document was misplaced to backup his claims.

PS: They already queried his application and doubting his intention that it was a fake document that was submitted. Someone has to take the blame for it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeyemi007: 9:40pm On Jan 16
The 2024 on the birth certificate is the ISSUANCE Date, not the DOB. It cannot be a typo because it was indeed issued in 2024 although the baby was born in 2020. NPC will not backdate the issuance date. Poster should explain circumstances surrounding the loss and provide stuff to confirm they’re indeed the parent. Like I said, it’s not hard at all. Seen it plenty times on the student thread.
MrSoftlife:

The issue now is that UKVI sent a message recently asking why a kid that was giving birthday to over 4yrs ago is having date of 2024 on birth the certificate which is the date the birth certificate was issued. Also to explain the document i submitted to obtain this new birth certificate.

I think from his explanation it is straightforward that it was a typo from NPC/hospital and asking whoever issued that document to issue the right one. Yes, he can add a court affidavit that the first document was misplaced to backup his claims.

PS: They already queried his application and doubting his intention that it was a fake document that was submitted. Someone has to take the blame for it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mrnatural(m): 9:59pm On Jan 16
Opeyemi007:
The 2024 on the birth certificate is the ISSUANCE Date, not the DOB. It cannot be a typo because it was indeed issued in 2024 although the baby was born in 2020. NPC will not backdate the issuance date. Poster should explain circumstances surrounding the loss and provide stuff to confirm they’re indeed the parent. Like I said, it’s not hard at all. Seen it plenty times on the student thread.

Thank you Opeyemi, you really understand and captured my mind on this reply. I’m getting an affidavit and also a police report to that effect. And perhaps, add a short cover note explaining what happened to the old birth certificate.

Thank you so much for your insight on this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:26am On Jan 17
mrnatural:

Thank you Opeyemi, you really understand and captured my mind on this reply. I’m getting an affidavit and also a police report to that effect. And perhaps, add a short cover note explaining what happened to the old birth certificate.
Thank you so much for your insight on this.
Pregnancy pictures, birth pictures, subsequent birthday pictures, family outings, hospital appointments and letters, school fees receipts, examination report cards, pictures and everything you can lay your hand on capturing their life from when they were conceived till now will prove you are the parents in addition to a cover letter and affidavit explaining the circumstances of the case
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrSoftlife(f): 6:06am On Jan 17
Opeyemi007:

The picture is clearer now. Thanks!

It makes no sense they queried his application because of the date it was issued given the fact it is an official document.

The US won't do such!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:48am On Jan 17
MrSoftlife:

The picture is clearer now. Thanks!

It makes no sense they queried his application because of the date it was issued given the fact it is an official document.
The US won't do such!
They queried it because of child trafficking. People bring in other people’s children and/or their siblings kids as maids and arrange birth certificates quoting their names as though they were the parents. If you truly delivered the child 4 years ago they feel child should have its registration done then or closer to then and not when you are about to get a visa is the point they are trying to make.
For exceptional circumstances such as this case where poster says the initial ones were lost, there must be other documentary proof to show you are truly the parents. All of these have been listed and he should provide them to the best of his abilities. The master proof remains DNA test.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrSoftlife(f): 8:12am On Jan 17
giselle237:
They queried it because of child trafficking. People bring in other people’s children and/or their siblings kids as maids and arrange birth certificates quoting their names as though they were the parents. If you truly delivered the child 4 years ago they feel child should have its registration done then or closer to then and not when you are about to get a visa is the point they are trying to make.
For exceptional circumstances such as this case where poster says the initial ones were lost, there must be other documentary proof to show you are truly the parents. All of these have been listed and he should provide them to the best of his abilities. The master proof remains DNA test.

Point on! Adults don't get squeezed like this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oyesquare10: 2:41pm On Jan 17
Hi guys, please do UK only send decision letter when application is refused? I did a paid call now to follow up on a visit Visa for my mum, the officer said decision has been made, and then asked if I have not received a decision letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 5:07pm On Jan 17
Yes, most often times.
But there are times when refusal letters are not sent, applicants will just open the passport upon receipt and finds no visa vignette stocked inside.

Oyesquare10:
Hi guys, please do UK only send decision letter when application is refused? I did a paid call now to follow up on a visit Visa for my mum, the officer said decision has been made, and then asked if I have not received a decision letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Poanan: 8:35pm On Jan 17
talentarena:

My use of all scheghen countries was for this forum only of course I dint use that in my application, I stated the number of countries, I dint even mention all that I have been to and I used just two business which is sales of cameras and other production equipment, i also showed my airbnb earnings where I get paid by airbnb directly into my US account, I showed all the evidence to show that I own the houses I use for airbnb, wrote a detail cover, trust me i think the only thing I dint add was my tax cos I dint see it as a requirement and I don't even pay tax (my bad) I just felt paind that I got rejected infact I did hold my pasport as I am on a business trip, so trust me i did everything right paid my self 500k for 1 year spent just 150k monthky from it also showed my us acc and showed that I most of my spending was from the US acc and my airbnb earnings went there, I think i did my best and I will just leave them maybe I will go when I get a dual citizenship that doesn't require uk but then again I was honestly just trying to add uk to one of the countries I have seen as I am on a mission to see all them counties, but it is what it is.

From your statements it looks like you are using business account to apply. if this is the case, you have to change it. Read issues with this. why not pay yourself for 6months and let your budget fall within two months of your disposable income (salary minus all expenses) when you get the visa u can do whatever. Then your business will now be the tie to your home country. Using business account to apply if this is the case, UK most times frowns at it. I think you need to work on your documentation; payslips etc. Make sure any huge cashflow in and out can be explained with evidence.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talentarena(m): 9:17pm On Jan 17
Poanan:

From your statements it looks like you are using business account to apply. if this is the case, you have to change it. Read issues with this. why not pay yourself for 6months and let your budget fall within two months of your disposable income (salary minus all expenses) when you get the visa u can do whatever. Then your business will now be the tie to your home country. Using business account to apply if this is the case, UK most times frowns at it. I think you need to work on your documentation; payslips etc. Make sure any huge cashflow in and out can be explained with evidence.
Non of the above boss, i did all that u adviced a to z I think they where more intrested in tax or I don't even know but trust me, i did all that needed to be done.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrsDanex: 1:30am On Jan 18
dagdag:
@justwise, giselle237 and others

Advise on supporting documents for Global Talent visa application

I have 5 dependants but intend to travel alone. On the visa application website, only the following were mentioned as required documents
- Int’l Passport
- Endorsement Letter
-TB Certificate

However, upon completing my application and paying IHS and visa fees, a checklist was of required documents for my visa appointment was generated but none of the documents above were mentioned (although there are blank space for me to list additional documents I wish to provide).
The documents listed on the check list are:

1. Information about your visit
Documents showing any plans you have made, such as: tour details / flight details / letter of invitation / evidence of sponsor's immigration status in the UK

2. Home address
Documents showing where you live, such as:
Property deed / mortgage statements / tenancy agreements / accountant's letters / land registration documents

3. Money (either income or savings) Documents such as:
Bank statements / bank books / bank letter / balance certificate / tax returns / crop receipts

4. Evidence of assets
Documents showing that you own property or land, such as:
Property deed / mortgage statements / accountant's letters / land registration documents

5. Additional Information
Evidence of family members remaining in your home country whilst you travel.

Keeping in mind that it is a global talent visa application where I already have endorsement, are these documents listed on the checklist compulsory for me or should I just stick to the three mentioned during my application?

Moreover, what type of documents do I need to for items 1 to 5 in the checklist?

I have my appointment booked for 13th September

Am at this point; please can you put me through. I believe you have gotten the visa too, so which did you go for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by toolluu: 9:17pm On Jan 18
Good evening, please an agent is helping with my mom’s visa application. Is the reason stated here enough. Looks mediocre to me. She’s retired. Any advice please?

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oyesquare10: 1:09am On Jan 19
She can use her ties with a church or mosque, is her husband still alive? Does she have any animals? Any association she belongs to? The reasons stated here are very generic. More importantly, I think she might as well add a letter to the application.

toolluu:
Good evening, please an agent is helping with my mom’s visa application. Is the reason stated here enough. Looks mediocre to me. She’s retired. Any advice please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Genevach(m): 11:47am On Jan 19
Hey guys, have a quick question
How long does it take to process a uk visit visa?
What documents are important to provide?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:22pm On Jan 19
toolluu:
not coherent.. just all over the place
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oyesquare10: 5:55pm On Jan 19
Visa Alert!!!
Application for my mom, second time applicant.
Biometric on the 28th of Dec 23
Passport pickup on the 18th of January 24.

What we did differently for her second application was to:
-Fully sponsor her with £2200 and I had £4200 in my account ( a month statement of account submitted)
- Submitted her statement of account with ,N4.5m (33 days statement of account submitted)
-Attestation letter from her passtor
-support letter from her husband.
-its over five years that she worked so we stated retired.

All thanks to God!!

Oyesquare10:

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by LadyCaplin: 8:34pm On Jan 19
Congratulations!

Oyesquare10:
Visa Alert!!!
Application for my mom, second time applicant.
Biometric on the 28th of Dec 23
Passport pickup on the 18th of January 24.

What we did differently for her second application was to:
-Fully sponsor her with £2200 and I had £4200 in my account ( a month statement of account submitted)
- Submitted her statement of account with ,N4.5m (33 days statement of account submitted)
-Attestation letter from her passtor
-support letter from her husband.
-its over five years that she worked so we stated retired.

All thanks to God!!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by chummygirl: 4:25am On Jan 20
Hi all,
Pls I need information. I am currently in Canada studying. Entered canada September 2023. I have a part time job also. I want to visit my cousin in the UK during the summer holiday for one week. Pls what documents should I submit. Thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 6:56am On Jan 20
Good Morning All,

Please as a visitor coming into the UK, would he/she be asked how much he/she is bringing into the UK? And if Yes, how much is the minimum he/she is expected to come in with.

N.B: His/Her sister is providing accomodation and feeding.

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnekkyneks: 8:24am On Jan 20
I feel the less informationyou give the better. Cos its like giving thema reason to deny. Cos ots theybr lookig 4 a reason to. Reminds me of when i was applying for my husband and put his company as sponsor. I put all them CAC documents they denied him subsequently i put him as his sponsoramd excluded the business angle. We got the visa. When u hv so much information its easy to find a loop hole. Try giving less information if possible.
My 2cents cos that was a long time ago.
MrSoftlife:

Try and reduce your documents in your next application.
Your highlight should be your ties to Nigeria (try and get a tax clearance certificate for your business) and your previous travel history. Even 2 months' bank account statement will suffice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IkpemhiTG(m): 10:29am On Jan 20
Please what is the current cost of applying for Visa. My wife is already in the UK and working as a Paramedic. I and my daughter hope to join her soon but I don't really know the recent cost now. That gov.uk is confusing with too many information. I heard that some certain medical jobs cost less to apply for their family to come in. Is this true.

Thanks in anticipation hearing from experience minds
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:10pm On Jan 20
IkpemhiTG:
Please what is the current cost of applying for Visa. My wife is already in the UK and working as a Paramedic. I and my daughter hope to join her soon but I don't really know the recent cost now. That gov.uk is confusing with too many information. I heard that some certain medical jobs cost less to apply for their family to come in. Is this true.Thanks in anticipation hearing from experience minds
what visa exactly is your wife on? I would be able to point you in the right direction if you know this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by RealVictor: 4:55pm On Jan 20
EMI L'OKAN!!!
Praise the Lord for He is good; and His mercies endureth forever.

Job Offer - December 13 (Computer Science Teacher)
COS - January 3
Application Date - January 11 (Priority Service)
Biometrics - January 15 (Had to pay extra 87,700 for flexi appointment)
Transferred to DMC - January 15
Received by DMC - January 16
Transferred to VAC - January 19
Received by VAC - January 19
Collection Mail - January 19
BRP Mail - January 20 (BRP Letter dated January 17)

Guys I just want to encourage everyone on this journey not to give up, It's not easy at all, my very very long journey came with a lot of headache, sacrifices, mental and financial breakdown but today I share my testimony with everyone, it feels so unreal and my prayer is that everyone on this journey will finally testify in Jesus name, Amen

And thank you to everyone who in one way or the other contributes to the success of this forum, you guys are the real hero.

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by chummygirl: 5:47pm On Jan 20
Can somebody please answer me.
chummygirl:
Hi all,
Pls I need information. I am currently in Canada studying. Entered canada September 2023. I have a part time job also. I want to visit my cousin in the UK during the summer holiday for one week. Pls what documents should I submit. Thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IkpemhiTG(m): 6:18pm On Jan 20
giselle237:
what visa exactly is your wife on? I would be able to point you in the right direction if you know this

Skilled worker visa. Working with LAS NHS Trust as a Paramedic
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:48am On Jan 21
IkpemhiTG:

Skilled worker visa. Working with LAS NHS Trust as a Paramedic
1. Yourself… apply here
https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk/sort/live-in-crown-dependency/pbs_dependant_partner_out_uk?uid=34fe5825-655c-4cfc-aa6e-12ef0840073e&cookiesPreferencesURL=https%3A%2F%2Fapply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk%2Fdashboard%2Fcookies&cookiesPolicyDomain=apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk&showBanner=true

2. The child/children… apply here
https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk/sort/live-in-crown-dependency/pbs_dependant_child_out_uk?uid=58529f13-d023-4e66-be53-bdf9802713ff&cookiesPreferencesURL=https%3A%2F%2Fapply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk%2Fdashboard%2Fcookies&cookiesPolicyDomain=apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk&showBanner=true

Use the COS details to apply. If eligible for health and care visa tick that when filling the form, this would half the visa cost

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (622) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: Veefid and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.