Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,289 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (577) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (830480 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kunleop: 4:04pm On Jan 30
Uzzybekee:
Visit Visa Alert 🚨🚨

Biometrics 18th Jan
Collection mail 29th Jan
Picked up today 30th Jan

Congratulations

Pls did you go for piority service?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by weezy92: 10:00pm On Jan 30
do you have any update
diekosam:
Hi, I got this msg from UKVI today, biometric was done jan 19th.
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 120 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ellixlimswag(m): 5:22am On Jan 31
Please does anyone know the phone number to contact tls ikeja...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Trace0008: 12:13pm On Jan 31
Please I want to confirm if I can upload additional documents at my appointment venue for my uk visit visa as I chose the self service and couldn’t finish uploading all my documents before it submitted to TLS. Can I upload on that day even if it means paying extra cash. My location is Victoria island Lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Trace0008: 12:16pm On Jan 31
Trace0008:
Please I want to confirm if I can upload additional documents at my appointment venue for my uk visit visa as I chose the self service and couldn’t finish uploading all my documents before it submitted to TLS. Can I upload on that day even if it means paying extra cash. My location is Victoria island Lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Uzzybekee: 12:56pm On Jan 31
Not at all, standard. The place was empty. Biometrics was done same day applicationwas submitted. I was surprised too.

Kunleop:

Congratulations

Pls did you go for piority service?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kunleop: 12:57pm On Jan 31
Hi

Pls i just check the tracker now and i can see the application has been transfered to VAC.

Is the visa successful?

I have not receive any email on the decision.
Pls for people that just got the visa. Is the application approved?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Trace0008: 1:05pm On Jan 31
[quote author=Trace0008 post=128216507][/quote]
Someone answer me please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 4:42pm On Jan 31
Yes
Trace0008:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sweetkid: 5:06pm On Jan 31
Anyone here that can help me to get visa sponsorship in London under health and social care? It's urgent. Help a brother.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Balogunofafrica: 5:46pm On Jan 31
Daniel2802:

Yeah Schengen visa was my first call of action when I got my passport (I did change of name in September and it got delayed till April first week, Nigeria wahala). However the earliest appointment date I saw was 19th May, which wasn't working for the conference schedule.

I'm honestly tired although I've sent the Montenegro ministry of foreign affairs an email, if things don't work out, I'll just free it and go for the upcoming Kenya conference.

Hi Daniel, how were you able to sort this out. I am in a similar situation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Uzzybekee: 10:44am On Feb 01
hello all,

Please if one has a valid US Visa, do you still require a schengen transit visa to visit the UK? ( Flying KLM to UK)? Who has gone through this or someone please point me to where i can read up on the transit visa thing. i have been searching. Help me ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Uzzybekee: 11:54am On Feb 01
Hope you've got yours now?

Kunleop:
Hi

Pls i just check the tracker now and i can see the application has been transfered to VAC.

Is the visa successful?

I have not receive any email on the decision.
Pls for people that just got the visa. Is the application approved?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Meshach171(m): 3:01pm On Feb 01
Feb. 28th

Arise01:
Congratulations to us man. I got my 6month visa on 26/1/24. When are you traveling? I will like to have your contact
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by obynocute(m): 3:51pm On Feb 01
Please House, what and what is required for one to bring along for biometrics. I know of checklist and int.passport .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arise01: 4:06pm On Feb 01
Meshach171:
Feb. 28th

Pls how much you get your ticket?
Pls I will like to have a conversation with you.
You may send me your contact here: Femi.arise@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sewenbigboi: 5:11pm On Feb 01
justwise:
This is Part5 of the UK visiting/tourist visa thread

Part 4 is here https://www.nairaland.com/5233246/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

Visit this link for application and other info https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply

Good luck
Pls kindly help me with a comment
I’m a quantity surveying student I graduated 2019 I’m looking to have my masters In uk or any other Europe country that offers quantity surveying course pls kindly help and those not require IElTS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by solarpowersys: 5:19pm On Feb 01
I'm absolutely thrilled with my new solar panels in Bakersfield, California! Thanks to the installer I found on Solar Power Systems evolveenergysystems.com, the installation was a breeze. They shone in efficiency and customer service, truly the brightest stars in the solar business!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lordcrixus: 7:07pm On Feb 01
Uzzybekee:
hello all,

Please if one has a valid US Visa, do you still require a schengen transit visa to visit the UK? ( Flying KLM to UK)? Who has gone through this or someone please point me to where i can read up on the transit visa thing. i have been searching. Help me ooo

https://www.netherlandsworldwide.nl/visa-the-netherlands/airport-transit-visa/apply-nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by opeolukoya: 11:02am On Feb 02
Goodday All
Please I need your advise i was meant to travel to the uk 11th nov 2023 and i was robbed 10th nov with all documents stolen including my passport with UK and Canada Visas..so 1 couldn't travel again
I applied for a new passport and can't get a replacement visa on it was told will have to pay as if I am just applying for a new one mind you it's a 2 years visa to be expired Nov 2024 any advise help will be highly appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 12:08pm On Feb 02
opeolukoya:
Goodday All
Please I need your advise i was meant to travel to the uk 11th nov 2023 and i was robbed 10th nov with all documents stolen including my passport with UK and Canada Visas..so 1 couldn't travel again
I applied for a new passport and can't get a replacement visa on it was told will have to pay as if I am just applying for a new one mind you it's a 2 years visa to be expired Nov 2024 any advise help will be highly appreciated

The first thing to do is to go get police report, then read the information on this link below whether it will help your situation.

ECB17.2 Replacing a visa (or leave) where this has been lost or stolen (excluding 30 day short validity (travel) vignettes)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/transferring-a-visa-to-a-new-passport-ecb17/transferring-a-visa-ecb17#:~:text=If%20the%20applicant%20loses%20or,a%20replacement%2030%20day%20vignette.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 12:23pm On Feb 02
sewenbigboi:

Pls kindly help me with a comment
I’m a quantity surveying student I graduated 2019 I’m looking to have my masters In uk or any other Europe country that offers quantity surveying course pls kindly help and those not require IElTS

Post your comment in the student’s section
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:19pm On Feb 02
opeolukoya:
Goodday All
I am sorry that you went through such a difficult situation and now trying to figure out about your visas. I wish you all the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lajumberg(m): 10:04pm On Feb 02
Hi everyone. I want to put in application for my mother to visit me in the UK. She is a petty trader with very low income, can I say that I would be sponsoring her visit 100% and not provide her statement of account at all? I am planning to submit my statement of account showing over £10,000.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Richystar4: 3:33am On Feb 03
What is your status in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arise01: 6:22pm On Feb 03
Good Evening Fam,
Pls can I present Kuda Acct statement for my visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 3:39am On Feb 04
My mom got her UK visa 6 months.

Biometrics : Jan 3rd
Passport Collection : Jan 16th

I submitted

My US Bank Statement
Intl passport
Birth Certificate showing her name as my mom
Wrote a cover letter stating I'll be meeting her in UK etc
Hotel reservations

I submitted the following om her behalf

Land document(Survey copy)
Pension Certificate
Her change of name too

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 5:35am On Feb 04
Hello, Good Morning
Please I have a question:

If I apply for a 10year UK Visit Visa and my passport validity has 9yr left, please how many years will I be granted? Will they grant me till the expiration of my passport same way Canada does or what?

Thanks... From experience please!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:37am On Feb 04
sanyaolurilwan:
Hello, Good Morning
Please I have a question:
If I apply for a 10year UK Visit Visa and my passport validity has 9yr left, please how many years will I be granted? Will they grant me till the expiration of my passport same way Canada does or what?
Thanks... From experience please!
they will grant you the 10 years even if it was a 2 year passport left. Once you qualify for the visa you will be given. You will simply get a new passport to travel alongside the old one where your visa is.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:39am On Feb 04
lajumberg:
Hi everyone. I want to put in application for my mother to visit me in the UK. She is a petty trader with very low income, can I say that I would be sponsoring her visit 100% and not provide her statement of account at all? I am planning to submit my statement of account showing over £10,000.
It is tricky. Sometimes they overlook this and grant the visa and other times it is the refusal reason 1 when they want to refuse that you have not shown the applicant’s living situation in Nigeria.
Yes you can fully sponsor her 100%
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ithaca(f): 3:46pm On Feb 04
Ithaca:
Good day everyone!

So my sister is graduating in July 2024 and wants to invite me to come over. I plan on applying for a 6 month visitor-visa to go on a 3-week trip, to attend her graduation and then spend the extra time visiting, so i'm thinking through the application process now.

Here is some background:

I work in a tier 1 bank and have been working there for about 6 years. In terms of income, i've been promoted a couple of times and now earn about 600k monthly, 500k quarterly lump sum allowance, 1m upfront and 1.3m leave allowance (which i can take at any point in time once i apply for leave during the year). I also have some reasonable funds in a dollar mutual fund and stock portfolio (circa $10k). I'm 27, female, single with no kids, and not much travel history (well, except a personal trip to Ghana in 2018 and a work trip to an African country in 2023). My sister intends to accommodate me for the trip, but i'll pay for my flight ticket, outings, shopping money etc etc. I am entitled to 25 leave days every year which covers my proposed 3 week trip, and i have my pension statement (going back 6 years) which has a balance of about N3m.

In terms of how i run my salary account, my monthly expenses are about 200k, and i pretty much take out about 400k for savings/investments every month (usd based because leaving it in naira is a losing bet), so its not a straightforward debit salary account, credit usd dom account, and sometimes my naira salary account goes down to as low as N10k. But my expenses are really that low (for context my biggest expense, which is rent, is 700k per annum (and i have receipts/rental agreements for this).

From everything i've seen so far, there seem to be two possible problems with my application:
1. Lack of home ties: No husband, kids or properties, the only thing tying me to Nigeria is my job. (Not sure what i will do about this except i can somehow procure a husband in Q1 2024 grin grin)
2. Salary account Usage: Account balance drops quite low periodically, and i cant directly tie every debit to the investments i'm doing (which range from dollar mutual funds, to US/UK stocks to crypto grin etc). I don't have any bulk inflows into the account though - just salary and allowances.

What do you think i can do between now and say April 2024 when i intend to turn in the application to address these flaws?

Thank you!

Good afternoon everyone!

This is a follow up on my earlier post. I was considering all the wahala with my salary account statement and the ease (or lack thereof) of explaining how I run my account, the account balances getting quite low periodically, converting my naira salary to dollars that I put in dollar mutual funds/buy U.S stocks etc, and it is looking more and more complicated to me.

Since last December when I made this post, I have been running my salary account to match the explanation I will give of my finances - salary and allowances come in, and then single debits of my net income/savings to a naira mutual fund (I figure it would be easier to explain that my monthly disposable income/savings just goes to a mutual fund account that I can print a statement for).

Now to my question, can I get away with printing less than 6 months statement for my salary account? I want to cut out all the parts before December when I started being deliberate about how my account is run. Can I get away with a 4 month statement? I want to turn in the application in March.

P.s - I am a first time applicant.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 4:36pm On Feb 04
Hello, let me help give an answer to your question.

1: Can I get away with printing less than 6 months statement for my salary account?
Response: Ordinarily, what is common is to submit a 6-month bank statement, but I've read here about people who submitted 4-months bank statements and still got approved. Below is what is on the UKVI website:

financial documents showing that you have sufficient funds available. These must clearly show that you have access to the funds, such as:
bank statements which detail the origin of the funds held
building society books which detail the origin of the funds held
proof of earnings, such as a letter from your employer confirming employment details (start date of employment, salary, role, company contact details).
This is the link for your reference: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/visitor-visa-guide-to-supporting-documents/guide-to-supporting-documents-visiting-the-uk#demonstrating-personal-circumstances

Secondly: You can actually submit your application the same month of the graduation, just fill the form and fix your biometrics to like 3weeks before your exact travel date, then upload your bank statement a day before your biometrics. What I personally do most times is: I upload all documents needed after fixing a biometric date but I don't submit them, this is to make corrections in case of mistakes and corrections, then I submit the night before my biometrics. I hope this is understood.

I hope this can help you, if u need more help, I can drop my email and I can help you directly.

Ithaca:

Good afternoon everyone!

This is a follow up on my earlier post. I was considering all the wahala with my salary account statement and the ease (or lack thereof) of explaining how I run my account, the account balances getting quite low periodically, converting my naira salary to dollars that I put in dollar mutual funds/buy U.S stocks etc, and it is looking more and more complicated to me.

Since last December when I made this post, I have been running my salary account to match the explanation I will give of my finances - salary and allowances come in, and then single debits of my net income/savings to a naira mutual fund (I figure it would be easier to explain that my monthly disposable income/savings just goes to a mutual fund account that I can print a statement for).

Now to my question, can I get away with printing less than 6 months statement for my salary account? I want to cut out all the parts before December when I started being deliberate about how my account is run. Can I get away with a 4 month statement? I want to turn in the application in March.

P.s - I am a first time applicant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: giselle237 and 4 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56