Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,938 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (831166 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Successpoint189: 11:27am On Apr 22
Free Webinar & E-Learning Training

Success Point Associate Ltd is thrilled to offer free webinar and e-learning training to all interested learners who wish to upgrade their skills and meet compliance requirements.

We provide courses for thousands of learners within and outside the United Kingdom. You can get a free webinar and e-learning training in the following sectors:
1. Health and Social Care
2. Education
3. Hospitality & Clinic
4. Retail
5. And all other sectors

All our courses are recognised and accredited by CPD and Skillsforcare. There are over 200 different online e-learning courses in a wide range of subjects covering compliance health and safety

The weekly registration ends very Wednesday. This opportunity is extended to learners within and outside the United Kingdom.

Kindly share with your friends and loved ones. Only few slots left.

For more clarification, feel free to contact:

📞: +44 7599133055 (whatsapp only); ☎️: +44 2039893000
admin@successpointassociate.co.uk

Please see below available courses

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JaySterling: 12:06pm On Apr 22
Please when best is it to pay my April salary

30th April or 1st of May ?

Please advise
Cc Cashmadam
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wisdom7400(m): 12:07pm On Apr 22
Please I need someone with a van that can help me move home. Quite urgent. Im moving from bucks to east midlands.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:17pm On Apr 22
Honey9:
I am not the applicant in question, only going to sponsor and there is valid resident permit, just the Nigerian passport that has expired
go ahead
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 1:04pm On Apr 22
Honey9:
Hello everyone,
Please can one use expired passport when trying to apply for a visit visa for someone for family
I mean can the sponsor use an expired passport datapage

Not getting an early date for renewal

This one nah recipe for instant denial. No immigration officer would let you leave the shores of your home country with an expired passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 1:06pm On Apr 22
Childofgrace18:

I really know the information you need but dependant Visa is one of the easiest application.

Documents needed are:

1: Birth certificate or declaration of age certificate from NPC.
2: Marriage Certificate
Good day brother, thank you for your information.
I have submitted my documents but please I want to ask did UKVI send any message sent to your partner for approval or confirmation during your application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 1:08pm On Apr 22
Honey9:
I am not the applicant in question, only going to sponsor and there is valid resident permit, just the Nigerian passport that has expired

That changes things.

I do hope the applicant has a valid passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Scottotas1: 2:33pm On Apr 22
Good afternoon all please I need help in filling out dependant visa applications, my brother has a settlement in the UK and he want to bring his son to the UK which of the visa applications will he fill in for his son, is it PBS? And if it is how will he fill in the space for cos number or CAS number because he don't have, he came in to UK with his Spanish passport. Please I need a quick response on this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 5:37pm On Apr 22
Hi Ayodeji, where did you eventually get your TB test done? And did they give you the hardcopy of the results on the same say?

AyodejiGREAT:

When applying for this, what visa am I suppose to put for the TB test.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by japcee: 8:04pm On Apr 22
Gm88:
Why not ask your sister to transfer the funds to youraccount abi she no trust you lolzz kidding. ...your sister account is a no no

No laugh me. But I don't think it's about trust. it maybe more complicated. Anyway thanks for the information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:06pm On Apr 22
JaySterling:

Please advise
Cc Cashmadam

on or before the last day of the month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Naijagram(m): 11:18pm On Apr 22
Asking for a friend!

He wants to attend his friend’s graduation ceremony in the UK with his wife.

Two Questions:

1) His wife is a student and currently not working, but the husband is going to sponsor her trip. Is there any need for her to upload her account statement or probably use the husband’s own?

2) My friend is gainfully employed and he also has a side hustle. He doesn’t spend money from his salary account. He only spends from his side hustle account. So would it be wise for him to use both account statements for salary and side hustle? If yes, should his savings capture total funds?

Lastly, since he’s the one sponsoring the wife, what should he input as what he’s spending on the trip? Should it capture both his and his wife’s expenses?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 8:11am On Apr 23
JaySterling:

Please advise
Cc Cashmadam

Either way is good; just be sure to include the month the salary is for in the description (e.g., "Salary for April"wink.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 10:04am On Apr 23
roak:

Hi Ayodeji, where did you eventually get your TB test done? And did they give you the hardcopy of the results on the same say?

Hi, I did at St Nicholas.

Result is after 24hrs but I didn't even wait, I just printed my result online
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Naijagram(m): 11:54am On Apr 23
Naijagram:
Asking for a friend!

Two Questions:

1) His wife is a student and currently not working, but the husband is going to sponsor her trip. Is there any need for her to upload her account statement or probably use the husband’s own?

2) My friend is gainfully employed and he also has a side hustle. He doesn’t spend money from his salary account. He only spends from his side hustle account. So would it be wise for him to use both account statements for salary and side hustle? If yes, should his savings capture total funds?

Lastly, since he’s the one sponsoring the wife, what should he input as what he’s spending on the trip? Should it capture both his and his wife’s expenses?

Can someone help me with this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:26pm On Apr 23
Naijagram:

The reason is not logical and will not be logical to the ECO especially if they have no travel history anywhere. How do you explain husband and wife paying for a trip of at least 3000 pounds simply to go for a friend’s graduation in the UK? abort mission.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kel4soft: 12:52pm On Apr 23
AyodejiGREAT:

You got your TB result online?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 12:56pm On Apr 23
Ehn. I thought it's the hardcopy youre to attach with your visa form. How long was the wait at St. Nicholas? Did they attend to you quickly?

AyodejiGREAT:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Milito: 1:39pm On Apr 23
Visa Approval After 2 previous refusals

Time Lines
1st Refusal 2018
Reason - Lodgement
I had an Inflow from ajo.

2nd Refusal 2023
Reason- Lodgment & salary inconsistency

ECO was lazy and didn't review the account statement properly as salary was consistently received from employer with the correct month tag.

I also provided detailed explanation of all the other inflows; I guess the letter was not even looked at as no reference was made to it. Instead, the ECO was giving contradictory reasons.

I wrote a complaint on this application, which was not treated fully till date. Only received email that it may take a longer period to treat the complaint. I should have done a PAP instead of a complaint as evidence abound that the application was not reviewed properly.

2024 Application
Submission date: 2nd April
Biometrics date: 3rd April (flexi)
Application under consideration email: 8th April
TLS Ready for collection email: 22nd April.
Entry clearance granted.

Things done differently this time around
1. After last year's refusal, travelled to France instead and provided this information among other additional travel history.
2. I kept account sparkling clean (only salary).
3. I reduced my spend budget from the £6,000 I used last year to £3,000 this time around. I was able to achieve this by booking a far cheaper hotel.
4. I submitted Tax Clearance and Pension Account Statement, which clearly shows the name of my employer, since my employment was doubted on the previous application.
5. Ensured my employer status is active on CAC.
6. I made the application pretty easy to understand and straightforward by merging similar documents into PDF files and creating a table of content as previously shared on this platform by corpershun.
7. I also uploaded all the documents by myself ensuring they all follow an easily understood pattern and even saved the documents with names that provides the info in it at one glance.

A big thank you to all the folks freely providing information on this platform.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kel4soft: 2:59pm On Apr 23
Milito:
Visa Approval After 2 previous refusals

Time Lines
1st Refusal 2018
Reason - Lodgement
I had an Inflow from ajo.

2nd Refusal 2023
Reason- Lodgment & salary inconsistency

ECO was lazy and didn't review the account statement properly as salary was consistently received from employer with the correct month tag.

I also provided detailed explanation of all the other inflows; I guess the letter was not even looked at as no reference was made to it. Instead, the ECO was giving contradictory reasons.

I wrote a complaint on this application, which was not treated fully till date. Only received email that it may take a longer period to treat the complaint. I should have done a PAP instead of a complaint as evidence abound that the application was not reviewed properly.

2024 Application
Submission date: 2nd April
Biometrics date: 3rd April (flexi)
Application under consideration email: 8th April
TLS Ready for collection email: 22nd April.
Entry clearance granted.

Things done differently this time around
1. After last year's refusal, travelled to France instead and provided this information among other additional travel history.
2. I kept account sparkling clean (only salary).
3. I reduced my spend budget from the £6,000 I used last year to £3,000 this time around. I was able to achieve this by booking a far cheaper hotel.
4. I submitted Tax Clearance and Pension Account Statement, which clearly shows the name of my employer, since my employment was doubted on the previous application.
5. Ensured my employer status is active on CAC.
6. I made the application pretty easy to understand and straightforward by merging similar documents into PDF files and creating a table of content as previously shared on this platform by corpershun.
7. I also uploaded all the documents by myself ensuring they all follow an easily understood pattern and even saved the documents with names that provides the info in it at one glance.

A big thank you to all the folks freely providing information on this platform.

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kel4soft: 3:04pm On Apr 23
I am still waiting for my sputum samples test result. This is the 10th week and no news from them. I sent them an email last 2weeks and their response was that the result is not yet ready.

I have a decision to make in next two weeks and to be honest, that call from them about the result will help me a lot in deciding my next step.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 3:24pm On Apr 23
kel4soft:

You got your TB result online?

Yes I did.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 3:27pm On Apr 23
roak:
Ehn. I thought it's the hardcopy youre to attach with your visa form. How long was the wait at St. Nicholas? Did they attend to you quickly?

Less than 30 minutes wait.

I uploaded the softcopy on TLSconnect and I'll also go with the hardcopy for my biometrics next week
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:49pm On Apr 23
AyodejiGREAT:

Less than 30 minutes wait.
I uploaded the softcopy on TLSconnect and I'll also go with the hardcopy for my biometrics next week
If you upload the documents and are doing self upload you do not need to carry the physical documents to TLS again during biometrics
Cc roak
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 6:21pm On Apr 23
Exactly. If you do a soft copy upload there's no need taking the physical hard copy.

My only concern is if the ecopy they sent you is acceptable. As hardcopy has docs signature

giselle237:

If you upload the documents and are doing self upload you do not need to carry the physical documents to TLS again during biometrics
Cc roak
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:04pm On Apr 23
Naijagram:
Asking for a friend!

Two Questions:

Try vacation. Not graduation. It will not fly!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by splendorian(m): 7:08pm On Apr 23
Scottotas1:
Good afternoon all please I need help in filling out dependant visa applications, my brother has a settlement in the UK and he want to bring his son to the UK which of the visa applications will he fill in for his son, is it PBS? And if it is how will he fill in the space for cos number or CAS number because he don't have, he came in to UK with his Spanish passport. Please I need a quick response on this.

It’s under family visa and not PBS visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by splendorian(m): 7:11pm On Apr 23
Hello guys,
UKVI is asking for my wife’s police character certificate.. my wife’s BVN bears her maiden’s name while her passport bears my surname and now that we need to do police check, should she update her BVN to reflect my surname or should she proceed with the one that bears her maiden name?

Thanks guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 7:54pm On Apr 23
giselle237:

Cc roak
Yeah I know but I'll go with it just incase... Ano wan hear story o cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tuco02: 9:46pm On Apr 23
Hello guys

Please I intend applying for uk tourist visa for me and my wife and kids. All first timers. Can I do all applications together online with same email. If yes please how do I go about it? After registering and filling my own form. Do I log out and fill theirs one after the other? How do I link all together?

Please will appreciate propmt response from the house. Thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:57pm On Apr 23
splendorian:
Hello guys,
UKVI is asking for my wife’s police character certificate.. my wife’s BVN bears her maiden’s name while her passport bears my surname and now that we need to do police check, should she update her BVN to reflect my surname or should she proceed with the one that bears her maiden name?
Thanks guys
what does BVN have to with police certificate? For all things travel and international going forward she needs to use the name on her travel document- that is international passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:01am On Apr 24
tuco02:
Hello guys

Please I intend applying for uk tourist visa for me and my wife and kids. All first timers. Can I do all applications together online with same email. If yes please how do I go about it? After registering and filling my own form. Do I log out and fill theirs one after the other? How do I link all together?

Please will appreciate propmt response from the house. Thanks so much

Good morning. You fill one form for one person. You can use the same email address for everyone - if you wish.

Secondly, you don't "link" them together. You simply choose the same date and time for your biometrics.

However, in your forms, indicate that you are travelling with other members of the family.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Moonie, atm0147 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.