Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (829241 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (614) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:45am On Apr 19
maestro03:
It's amazing how dishonesty is so deeply ingrained in the average Nigerian's life. It's actually becoming a culture thing. And I'm no exception (as much as I try to be). One of the requirements for student visa is proof of funds. Show that you can afford it; it may be a steep requirement but it's what it is. Unfortunately, we tend to "run" it. Until now, having read this particular response to the OP's post, I felt it was OK. Shebi I have met the requirement abi? so its OK. Who cares how I met it? The UK govt actually cares....

It's really scary. She wasn't even talking about the issues in the application that led to her daughter being denied, she was instead concerned about the legality for an ECO to ask for proof of funds as tho she planned on how to go about the administrative review even before she had submitted the visa application of her daughter.

Anyway she did say she has had 2 successful administrative reviews contesting previous visa denials prior

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:49am On Apr 19
giselle237:

Kill me but you are funny grin You are saying introducing the death certificate .. this makes it fishy. I find it hard to believe that the child’s father truly has died and with such a loss … you say it this way… ‘I want to reapply for his visa again ‘introducing a death certificate’

Be very careful…… a word is enough…

Well he did mention unfortunately
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 9:55am On Apr 19
Osivao:
Please I need advice on how to move on from this point.
My sons uk dependant visa was refused on that the sole responsibility order the court awarded was based on affidavit of fact. Unfortunately the father passed away fee months later. I want to re apply for his visa again introducing a death certificate on a fresh application. How do I go about this.

You're placing or wishing death on your baby daddy's head just to deceive people so you can get a visa for your child.

What a made-up story! Nigerians are highly rated when it comes to lies and will tell cock and bull stories all to achieve our selfish goals.

Tell your baby daddy to go to high court and transfer the custody of the child to you, then apply for the visa again.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NezzyMike: 10:06am On Apr 19
obynocute:
Turkish Airline, Abuja to Istanbul - istanbul to Birmingham.

Really, thanks. Any transit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bigkenny: 10:20am On Apr 19
Story story

@Osivao
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by LubeyNaijaBlog: 10:50am On Apr 19
anyone with the guideline on how to invite a family memeber for graduation. I have the invite letter already, just want to know other requirements like duration and amount of POF needed, if tb test is required and many more.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bacteria8: 11:24am On Apr 19
roak:
Hi Poster, how did the process go with Q life? Did you get your TB test result same day? Or how long did it take?

I used St. Nicholas Hospital at Marina.
It was really smooth. I got the result the next day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 11:35am On Apr 19
My friend was denied a UK Visa, He submitted both his personal account and business accounts(He has two businesses) and i am suprised the ECO saying his account within 5 months showed 8 times his annual income. Its a business account for God Sake, is he supposed to be running at loss and his bank account remains stagnant?

I tire for this people

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:48pm On Apr 19
lionlee216:
My friend was denied a UK Visa, He submitted both his personal account and business accounts(He has two businesses) and i am suprised the ECO saying his account within 5 months showed 8 times his annual income. Its a business account for God Sake, is he supposed to be running at loss and his bank account remains stagnant?

I tire for this people
Please how are they wrong?
Any business generating 240 million naira in 5 months means ultimately making at least 600 million naira in a year is not a small venture.
A whooping 600 million naira… Documents, internet presence etc will show.. the person could not even provide documentation to back these claims up. What’s not fishy here?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by obynocute(m): 3:59pm On Apr 19
AyodejiGREAT:
Thank you for your response, I feel relieved. Congratulations to you.
Please I would love you to tell me the documents you uploaded and to which section on the TLC site because I'm having difficulties with which to put under which of the sections.
Thanks for your kind response

TB test certificate, police character certificate, proof of relationship, COS, VAF Number, UK house address.
The TLC upload section is self explanatory once you have the right file to upload.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by obynocute(m): 4:00pm On Apr 19
NezzyMike:

Really, thanks. Any transit visa?

Nope, I didn't need any transit visa, though my layover was just 2hrs b4 the connecting flight.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JaySterling: 4:07pm On Apr 19
Please, how much is visa fee for tourist visa and are we paying IHS fee ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 5:07pm On Apr 19
giselle237:

Please how are they wrong?
Any business generating 240 million naira in 5 months means ultimately making at least 600 million naira in a year is not a small venture.
A whooping 600 million naira… Documents, internet presence etc will show.. the person could not even provide documentation to back these claims up. What’s not fishy here?

In the cover letter, he wrote he has an electronic store in Ikeja and he also owns a logistics company explained some lump sum. The ECO won't expect him to start uploading of the receipts of sales from his business OR how do u present documents of payment receipts from pple ordering pickup rides everyday.

When I applied for my mom's UK visa and acted as a sponsor, i.only submitted my business bank statement and didn't even explain anything about the monet in the account..

Moving forward, what can he do differently? Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:25pm On Apr 19
lionlee216:

In the cover letter, he wrote he has an electronic store in Ikeja and he also owns a logistics company explained some lump sum. The ECO won't expect him to start uploading of the receipts of sales from his business OR how do u present documents of payment receipts from pple ordering pickup rides everyday.

When I applied for my mom's UK visa and acted as a sponsor, i.only submitted my business bank statement and didn't even explain anything about the monet in the account..

Hey you are in the US.!!! They expect that for your company to generate such amount in the USA, a first world nation maybe it is legit and on a balance of probabilities you are more legit or at least could be credible to some extent and would take a chance on you.
I can assure you this your friend is in Nigeria, a 3rd world nation, making such claims without any proof whatsoever… and to top it all negatively… he might have no travel history or no investments or no assets. Anyone with such a profile owning a 600 million naira profit company , their financial standing would show for it.
It is not about making claims on a paper from Nigeria as you say he wrote a cover letter. Your circumstances and his are not at all same!
I can bet you this person did all this to inflate his circumstances. Do you know what it is to be the owner of a business making profits of 600 million naira annually in Nigeria? Nahh mehn. This person should upload everything even if there are 1 million documents . They want to see it please .
Tax certificates, number of staff, payslips, invoices, MOUs … the money they have claimed is a lot.. how many businesses in Nigeria make such..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by samtol4(m): 5:27pm On Apr 19
Cashmadam:

Is the Father truly dead or you want to produce a fake death certificate?

If he is truly dead, you can reapply with the death certificate and other documents to prove he is really dead.

If he is not dead, don't go down that route. You might be caught and you will not like the outcome.
Hahaha 🤣 same question I wanted to asked .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 7:01pm On Apr 19
giselle237:

Hey you are in the US.!!! They expect that for your company to generate such amount in the USA, a first world nation maybe it is legit and on a balance of probabilities you are more legit or at least could be credible to some extent and would take a chance on you.
I can assure you this your friend is in Nigeria, a 3rd world nation, making such claims without any proof whatsoever… and to top it all negatively… he might have no travel history or no investments or no assets. Anyone with such a profile owning a 600 million naira profit company , their financial standing would show for it.
It is not about making claims on a paper from Nigeria as you say he wrote a cover letter. Your circumstances and his are not at all same!
I can bet you this person did all this to inflate his circumstances. Do you know what it is to be the owner of a business making profits of 600 million naira annually in Nigeria? Nahh mehn. This person should upload everything even if there are 1 million documents . They want to see it please .
Tax certificates, number of staff, payslips, invoices, MOUs … the money they have claimed is a lot.. how many businesses in Nigeria make such..

cc Omicpet .... Kindly follow this advice not because of UK but because of future travels abi you go buy Caribbean Passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrSoftlife(f): 9:15pm On Apr 19
giselle237:

600 million probably its the turnover and possible if he runs a dealership.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NezzyMike: 5:57am On Apr 20
obynocute:

Nope, I didn't need any transit visa, though my layover was just 2hrs b4 the connecting flight.

Okay, thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:10am On Apr 20
MrSoftlife:

600 million probably its the turnover and possible if he runs a dealership.
A whooping 240million naira was credited in 5 months.These were credits. Does that look like a small company been presented? So why no documents or veriifability presented?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Gm88: 8:55am On Apr 20
Why not ask your sister to transfer the funds to youraccount abi she no trust you lolzz kidding. ...your sister account is a no no
japcee:
Good morning.

I had my first degree in UK and finished course in 2017 and left.

I am married with 3 kids and we are all in Nigeria.
I haven't gone back to UK since 2017.
I got 2 job interviews in UK which I want to go with visitor Visa.

Proof of fund is my younger sister's account who have lived in Canada for 20 years.
She has upto £13,000 in her account.

She is a lecturer at a Canadian Uni and has good credit history and also a fully paid home owner.
She is ready to provide any documents necessary to support her support.

I want to stay in UK for 10 days for the interviews processes. I could spend about £2000 in total for the journey.

So can I use her account statement as proof of funds?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 9:20am On Apr 20
obynocute:

The TLC upload section is self explanatory once you have the right file to upload.
Thank you I'm already on it, I appreciate your response.

How long did it take after your BIOMETRIC day to you getting a response from UKVI?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:25am On Apr 20
lionlee216:

I tire for this people

It has been stated on this platform repeatedly. For visit visa, it is safer to present a personal savings statement of account as POF.

If you must present a business statement of account, ensure you emphasis that the money from the trip will come from personal savings.

As it is, he needs to pay himself salary for at least six months, keep his account "clean" and then reapply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:53am On Apr 20
lionlee216:

I tire for this people

It's logical to explain things and not just leave them to chance. The denial is what any sane ECO will do. He could be money laundering or running the business as a front for something else. That's why when the numbers don't add up with no cover letter, it's a straight denial.

The UK is not anybody and their mother's backyard that they can just waltz into anytime they feel like it or just cos they have alot of cash. Especially when the individual's passport subjects them to further screening by UKVI.

He should wear his big boy pants and provide financial clarity in his subsequent application and try to reapply in say 3 to 6 months time.

The terms disposable income, monthly expenditure, annual income are not things to gloss over and leave to interpretation whilst preparing your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by maziemeka2024: 3:37pm On Apr 20
lionlee216:

He will audit is business account and pay tax of the amount he claims he earns for 3 years and get tax clearance certificate.

.he don use him mouth put himself for trouble.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by LadyCaplin: 5:22pm On Apr 20
Sorry about your friends refusal.

Was this his first UK visa application?

Any travel history?

{quote author=lionlee216 post=129521206]My friend was denied a UK Visa, He submitted both his personal account and business accounts(He has two businesses) and i am suprised the ECO saying his account within 5 months showed 8 times his annual income. Its a business account for God Sake, is he supposed to be running at loss and his bank account remains stagnant?

I tire for this people[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 7:19pm On Apr 20
LadyCaplin:
Sorry about your friends refusal.

Was this his first UK visa application?

Any travel history?

{quote author=lionlee216 post=129521206]My friend was denied a UK Visa, He submitted both his personal account and business accounts(He has two businesses) and i am suprised the ECO saying his account within 5 months showed 8 times his annual income. Its a business account for God Sake, is he supposed to be running at loss and his bank account remains stagnant?

I tire for this people

Yes to first ever visa

No travel history. I kind of feel bad because UK has never been on his bucket list.

I told him to just apply so we can meet up UK and catch up, then the denial came
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JaySterling: 8:28am On Apr 21
Please fam, when paying myself salary from my company account to personal account, what narration is best to use

Should I just write something like: “April Salary” or what better describe or narration can be used ?

Please help
Cc cashmadam
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HRprof: 9:19am On Apr 21
JaySterling:
Please fam, when paying myself salary from my company account to personal account, what narration is best to use

Should I just write something like: “April Salary” or what better describe or narration can be used ?

Please help
Cc cashmadam

Yes you are in other
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 6:12pm On Apr 21
JaySterling:

Please help
Cc cashmadam

Yes, that's fine

April 2024 Salary. Be specific with the date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Honey9: 9:04pm On Apr 21
Hello everyone,
Please can one use expired passport when trying to apply for a visit visa for someone for family
I mean can the sponsor use an expired passport datapage

Not getting an early date for renewal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by samtol4(m): 10:28pm On Apr 21
Honey9:
Hello everyone,
Please can one use expired passport when trying to apply for a visit visa for someone for family
I mean can the sponsor use an expired passport datapage

Not getting an early date for renewal
Expired passport cannot be use for application. It has expired
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Honey9: 11:21am On Apr 22
I am not the applicant in question, only going to sponsor and there is valid resident permit, just the Nigerian passport that has expired

samtol4:
Expired passport cannot be use for application. It has expired

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (614) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Jolene474(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.