Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,039 members, 7,863,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:36 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (884148 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (641) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nchabuomo: 11:30am On May 10, 2022
Wales1111:
thank you bro...this is what I read online too

As long as your personal circumstances have not changed negatively and you do not make a convoluted application, you should be fine. Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 11:36am On May 10, 2022
Kenola01:

V.I, can you help with the help line ?
yes 014535191
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 11:37am On May 10, 2022
Nchabuomo:

As long as your personal circumstances have not changed negatively and you do not make a convoluted application, you should be fine. Good luck
thank you bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kenola01: 12:33pm On May 10, 2022
Match 11th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wasoso: 1:30pm On May 10, 2022
Wales1111:
Hello everyone its been a while here....pls gurus in the house...I was in the UK December 2020 and I left the UK may 2021 which is after 5 months...today makes it a year that I left the UK I want to go again in December....I think I have respected them by not over staying so I should have a big chance of getting the visa again right? My other question is should I apply for six months again or 2 yrs...your response will be appreciated pls...I want to start the process soon....
1.You did not overstay your visa
2. Your circumstance changed as a result of the coronavirus which was beyond your control
3. You did not rely on public funds
4. Halted flight from Nigeria to UK and vice versa
You are good to reapply for 2 years provided your circumstance in Nigeria has not change. The ECO knows all those things but you can explain in the cover letter and add the leave extension letter to support it. The ECO will even pity you for not enjoying your prvious holidays as planned. cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by abdulkabeer: 1:58pm On May 10, 2022
iretiogo1:
yes 014535191
Glory be to God and Thank you to everyone on here I learnt a lot and was able to put to use.
Visa Alert
6 months visit visa
Biometrics 28/3/2022
Collection mail and collected 10/05/2022.
TLS V/I
Thank you everyone

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thoniaagirl(f): 2:01pm On May 10, 2022
1) If it was during the covid lockdown period, it won’t be held against you as a lot of visitors stayed longer in the UK during that period.

2) If you weren’t affected by covid lockdown, staying 5 months means you either don’t have a job to go back to because which employer allows his employee stay out of work for 5 months on holiday, even maternity leave is 3 months and the legitimacy of your documents maybe questioned. Or it means you were working in the UK.

3) Even if you get the visa, be prepared to be put aside for scrutiny/questions at the POE when you get to the UK.

4) In your cover letter, it’s important you explain why you stayed 5 months.

Wales1111:
Hello everyone its been a while here....pls gurus in the house...I was in the UK December 2020 and I left the UK may 2021 which is after 5 months...today makes it a year that I left the UK I want to go again in December....I think I have respected them by not over staying so I should have a big chance of getting the visa again right? My other question is should I apply for six months again or 2 yrs...your response will be appreciated pls...I want to start the process soon....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 2:17pm On May 10, 2022
Wales1111:
thank you I have a letter of permission sent to my mail by my employer replying to My request to extend my leave due to Nigeria being on the red flag of the UK and no flight was coming into or out of the UK to Nigeria and vice versa...it also addressed the fact that they understand I didn't intend to bring the virus over to Nigeria or to contact it in Nigeria....do they said they gave me till the middle of the year to resume back to work which is last year June...they also stated that I have used my 2021 annual leave like that....and that's it I didn't travel last year because I have used it...I will have another
leave ending of this year....

Perfect, use all evidence that you have to back up your application. Don’t let anyone tell you that staying 5 months isn’t a red flag (Doesn’t matter if you didn’t over stay the 6 months).

As suggested to you here by many, do your cover letter and state the reasons why you stated for 5 months rather than the 2 months that you planned to stay initially, and how you were able to take care of yourself financially etc.

You should definitely be fine with whatever length you choose to apply for (6 or 24 months). But DEFINITELY back your application up with reasons for staying longer than you planned last time out. Good luck mate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by uche13: 2:18pm On May 10, 2022
Good afternoon All,

Please how do I call UKVI? The instruction says "input your card details and press dial" I have tried adding the # and * key but it is not working. I also inserted only the details and waited but it keeps repeating "press dial". Please who can help?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 2:20pm On May 10, 2022
abdulkabeer:

Glory be to God and Thank you to everyone on here I learnt a lot and was able to put to use.
Visa Alert
6 months visit visa
Biometrics 28/3/2022
TLS V/I
Thank you everyone

Congrats. More updates pls, it gives hope.
It's becoming more real that standard visitor visa processing time is no longer 3weeks but 6weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 2:48pm On May 10, 2022
To those who argue whether or not Embassies contact banks to verify account statements, here's proof that they do. I just received this debit sms with the narration clearly written.

I've reached out to my bank for information on which embassy contacted them, coz I sent my statement to both UK and Canadian High Commission. I'm waiting for my bank's response.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 2:55pm On May 10, 2022
Wasoso:

1.You did not overstay your visa
2. Your circumstance changed as a result of the coronavirus which was beyond your control
3. You did not rely on public funds
4. Halted flight from Nigeria to UK and vice versa
You are good to reapply for 2 years provided your circumstance in Nigeria has not change. The ECO knows all those things but you can explain in the cover letter and add the leave extension letter to support it. The ECO will even pity you for not enjoying your prvious holidays as planned. cheesy
thanks so much I intend to do that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 2:59pm On May 10, 2022
Thoniaagirl:
1) If it was during the covid lockdown period, it won’t be held against you as a lot of visitors stayed longer in the UK during that period.

2) If you weren’t affected by covid lockdown, staying 5 months means you either don’t have a job to go back to because which employer allows his employee stay out of work for 5 months on holiday, even maternity leave is 3 months and the legitimacy of your documents maybe questioned. Or it means you were working in the UK.

3) Even if you get the visa, be prepared to be put aside for scrutiny/questions at the POE when you get to the UK.

4) In your cover letter, it’s important you explain why you stayed 5 months.

yes it was during the covid lockdown..I remembered it got to tier 5 lockdown...and the time when Nigeria was on red flag nation

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by meccisoft(f): 3:06pm On May 10, 2022
Please how did you get to that stage.. I don't know how to go about the paid email.
uche13:
Good afternoon All,

Please how do I call UKVI? The instruction says "input your card details and press dial" I have tried adding the # and * key but it is not working. I also inserted only the details and waited but it keeps repeating "press dial". Please who can help?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 3:07pm On May 10, 2022
[quote author=Ray7878 post=112697887]

Perfect, use all evidence that you have to back up your application. Don’t let anyone tell you that staying 5 months isn’t a red flag (Doesn’t matter if you didn’t over stay the 6 months).

As suggested to you here by many, do your cover letter and state the reasons why you stated for 5 months rather than the 2 months that you planned to stay initially, and how you were able to take care of yourself financially etc.

You should definitely be fine with whatever length you choose to apply for (6 or 24 months). But DEFINITELY back your application up with reasons for staying longer than you planned last time out. Good luck mate.[/quotthe] thank you I get...I am good to go cos I have all documents..and about my finances there in the UK I went to visit my uncle and I was staying in his house so I was eating in his house....even for my initial application that I got the visa with... he sent his six month bank statement as my sponsor.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 3:11pm On May 10, 2022
thank you I get...I am good to go cos I have all documents..and about my finances there in the UK I went to visit my uncle and I was staying in his house so I was eating in his house....even for my initial application that I got the visa with... he sent his six month bank statement as my sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 3:12pm On May 10, 2022
Africankel:
To those who argue whether or not Embassies contact banks to verify account statements, here's proof that they do. I just received this debit sms with the narration clearly written.

I've reached out to my bank for information on which embassy contacted them, coz I sent my statement to both UK and Canadian High Commission. I'm waiting for my bank's response.

Did ur bank say which embassy requested for the verification? If not, can u ask them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 3:14pm On May 10, 2022
Wales1111:
thank you I get...I am good to go cos I have all documents..and about my finances there in the UK I went to visit my uncle and I was staying in his house so I was eating in his house....even for my initial application that I got the visa with... he sent his six month bank statement as my sponsor.
and also my salary wasn't stopped I still have access to my money

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 4:10pm On May 10, 2022
nwaogukings03:

Did ur bank say which embassy requested for the verification? If not, can u ask them?

I've asked. They said they'll contact the team in-charge and feed me back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 4:26pm On May 10, 2022
congratulation bro can u share documents submitted

abdulkabeer:

Visa Alert
6 months visit visa
Biometrics 28/3/2022
TLS V/I
Thank you everyone

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NevaUgivup: 4:57pm On May 10, 2022
uche13:
Good afternoon All,

it's #.
I had the same issue too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tushqueen(f): 6:29pm On May 10, 2022
Asking on behalf of a friend, he is inviting his sister to the UK on a visitor's visa. He submitted the application only to realise that he all documents were submitted except his own birth certificate. It was a self service application, how can he add this document when he has the original copy with him in the UK.

Please this is urgent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tushqueen(f): 6:33pm On May 10, 2022
Can he get assisted service when the visitor gets to Ikeja for biometrics tomorrow by paying the fee. Then is printed coloured copies of documents acceptable?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 7:35pm On May 10, 2022
tushqueen:
Asking on behalf of a friend, he is inviting his sister to the UK on a visitor's visa. He submitted the application only to realise that he all documents were submitted except his own birth certificate. It was a self service application, how can he add this document when he has the original copy with him in the UK.

Please this is urgent

That shouldn’t be a problem on the outcome of the visa application. His birth certificate is not that important. The important documents are those she can use to convince whoever looks at her visa application that she’s not going to be a burden to UK government.

Documents like
- Family ties here in Nigeria
- Her job
- Evidence of available fund for the trip

Most people that send invitation letter only send passport data page, payslips, bank statement, property lease agreement and utility bills.

This is just my own opinion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 8:21pm On May 10, 2022
nwaogukings03:

Response received from bank:- Information cannot be disclosed as it is confidential.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ydupsy(f): 8:35pm On May 10, 2022
Anyone knows if they still put rejection letter when you collect your passport? Or they send it via emails only
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HRprof: 9:01pm On May 10, 2022
Africankel:

I've asked. They said they'll contact the team in-charge and feed me back.

So they charge you 2k + to verify your statement of account. did you sign such agreement on your visa application If I get such alert I will quarry my bank
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 9:07pm On May 10, 2022
tushqueen:
Can he get assisted service when the visitor gets to Ikeja for biometrics tomorrow by paying the fee. Then is printed coloured copies of documents acceptable?
yes it can be added by assisted service tmao.. about 12k.. payment is only done with debit or credit cards.. do add the birth certificate(s) .. clear copies of any docs are acceptd.. colour or black and white

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 9:09pm On May 10, 2022
HRprof:
So they charge you 2k + to verify your statement of account. did you sign such agreement on your visa application ??? If I get such alert I will quarry my bank
you signed before you finally submitted the visa form.. you gave UKVI permission to verify info if they want… no basis for query abi quarry

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HRprof: 9:17pm On May 10, 2022
Oggg:
you signed before you finally submitted the visa form.. you gave UKVI permission to verify info if they want… no basis for query abi quarry
Even if I sign for permission did i sign With a cost That is extortion i must querry my bank. Is like this UK embassy is nonsensical every embassy confirm statemet of account but charging me for it is what i don't understand.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 9:24pm On May 10, 2022
HRprof:

So they charge you 2k + to verify your statement of account. did you sign such agreement on your visa application If I get such alert I will quarry my bank

There was no such agreement. Querying the bank won't yield any results as I believe it might be their standard practice. Moreso, it's a small amount.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 9:25pm On May 10, 2022
HRprof:

Even if I sign for permission did i sign With a cost That is extortion i must querry my bank. Is like this UK embassy is nonsensical every embassy confirm statemet of account but charging me for it is what i don't understand.
it is your bank charging you… wetin consign UK embassy? wetin qualify them as nonsensical now?
Moreso they not begging us to apply for visa.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (641) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / German Embassy And Visa / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.