Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (852404 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:04am On May 08, 2022
adelejane:
Hi All,

need an urgent response as i need to submit our application next week.

We are renewing our visit visa.

A brief history....studied in the UK in 2010, got a post study visa which expired in 2013, returned back home before visa expired with no issues.

2015 applied for a 6 months visit visa with daughter , Visa granted, visited for 3 weeks and returned.

Renewed visa to 2 years visit visa in 2018 for myself and daughter, my son was a baby at the time so applied for a 6 months visit visa for him, visa granted and we travelled for 4 weeks and returned.

i personally travelled for 2 weeks for shopping in 2020 just before covid and returned back on time .

Its time to renew again for a 2years visit visa for myself and two children, i own my own business which is doing very well....

In my personal account i have about 7400 pounds, after putting our cost together its a total of 2400 pounds for the 3 of us, as much as i try i can't reduce this amount as it will become unrealistic. Cheapest flight is about 1650 pounds for the 3 of us, hotel i booked is 385 pounds for 7 days .

I have been reading a lot on this platform about not spending two times your monthly income on a trip and its getting me worried[b][/b]. I'm a business woman and sales are unpredictable , I pay myself about 500k Naira monthly , sometimes 400k will depends on sales, but i have a very simple and straight forward bank statement with good inflow and outflow.

I can't do much about this 2400 pounds, its the least i can quote as expense on our visa form and this will leave my personal account with a balance of 5000 pounds. My business account has about 10000 pounds but can't be used as travel money, i have other savings but I don't want anything that will confuse the VO .......my husbands account is not very straight forward so i don't even want to use him as a co sponsor for this application....i have always presented just my bank statement for all previous visas.

clearly i will be spending 4 times my stated income......been thinking a lot about this.....what can i do ?

What you read here should not be a worry to your visa process but a caution. There's no definite rule as to how much you can spend or not as against to your earnings. On the other hand the onus is on every applicant to put an application with a reasonable budget as to available resources. Thus, you should be fine with your application if you have self-determined that £2400 is sufficient you and the kids.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:07am On May 08, 2022
wieziana:
Please i need guidance on what to do!!!!

My younger brother is a student in the UK and he's graduating in the month of July. I want to attend his Graduation ceremony. please what documents do i need for applying for my UK visit visa.
Secondly i use one bank account for both my savings, Salary and spending, is it possible to use that?
Thirdly i want to fund the account with 2M, should i fund it in bits within the space of one month[b][/b] (which is this month of May) and include a supporting document like sale of a car or sale of gadgets like phones or a laptop etc or i fund it with a lump sum. (My salary is almost 500K)
Lastly how much is good enough to have as Proof of Funds? Because i plan on just staying for 7 days in the UK.

Very possible thing to do, but how do intend to explain and defend that act on your application, why you did not do so for a longer-term..?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 10:15am On May 08, 2022
wroskian:
Please, I need your thoughts.

I wish to apply for the Standard Visitors visa to attend my graduation in July. My funds are in my personal UK account. Will this be tenable or do I have to change them to naira since I am applying from Nigeria?

You don’t need to change it to naira but they will like to know if you have ACCESS to the said fund

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 10:34am On May 08, 2022
Olayinka1230:
Good Morning Gurus in the house I great everybody

Please I need assistance I’ have a friend that ready to travel to Uk �� for visiting. But I didn’t know what process because is like a family friend too me bcs I didn’t want to loose money for any Agent I will list Document that we have ready

NIN
Saving Bank Statement with almost 2M
property documents
Farm Settlement CAC
Letter of introduction from Farm
Kid birth certificate
Covid19 Card

You asked this same question before. You can as well take your time to read from the beginning of this “General UK visa enquiry” you will definitely see the list of documents your friend needs.

I think those documents are good. Covid test is not a requirement to travel to UK anymore so therefore I don’t think the Covid vaccination card is necessary.
You can ask him to add the following to those documents you listed

- Cover letter
- Travel itinerary
- Wedding cert (if your friend is married) and family photos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mrsbw: 1:55pm On May 08, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mrsbw: 1:59pm On May 08, 2022
AdesinaOBD:

Please, make we dey talk true for here Abeg.
You do biometrics 20th of April and you don kolet your passport back, if no be priority, no be juju be dat?

I did mine April 19, no show yet.

And I would lie because?? Please be guided. This is why some people never post here. Check the screenshots below and tell me if it’s juju or not.

For those genuinely asking, it was a 5 year standard visit visa application, non-priority. I was surprised myself as I got a mail that it had gotten to the UK visa section on the 26th, and then this collection mail a week later. My husband had the same timeline.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vikaosi: 2:39pm On May 08, 2022
Please I have two questions:

1. Which TLSContact centre should select for my UK Visa biometrics? Is there any difference between VI and Ikeja? Why will I have to pay to use VI while Ikeja is free?

2. For proof of marriage, asides marriage certificate, which other documents should I upload. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by royalmu: 2:39pm On May 08, 2022
mrsbw:

And I would lie because?? Please be guided. This is why some people never post here. Check the screenshots below and tell me if it’s juju or not.

For those genuinely asking, it was a 5 year standard visit visa application, non-priority. I was surprised myself as I got a mail that it had gotten to the UK visa section on the 26th, and then this collection mail a week later. My husband had the same timeline.
You really have time. People should know that everyone's case is different.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by royalmu: 2:42pm On May 08, 2022
vikaosi:

1. Which TLSContact centre should select for my UK Visa biometrics? Is there any difference between VI and Ikeja? Why will I have to pay to use VI while Ikeja is free?

2. For proof of marriage, asides marriage certificate, which other documents should I upload. Thank you
The first question is like Jamb question and besides no one is forcing you to pay it. You can choose Ikeja and still be happy. For the second question, you need marriage photos to prove the marriage actually took place.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vikaosi: 2:52pm On May 08, 2022
royalmu:
The first question is like Jamb question and besides no one is forcing you to pay it. You can choose Ikeja and still be happy. For the second question, you need marriage photos to prove the marriage actually took place.

Thank you for your response. Please which will you advise, the VI centre or Ikeja. And for the photos, can I merge all of them as a pdf file instead of uploading individually.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 3:26pm On May 08, 2022
vikaosi:

1. Which TLSContact centre should select for my UK Visa biometrics? Is there any difference between VI and Ikeja? [/b]Why will I have to pay to use VI[b] while Ikeja is free?

Like @gisselle quote some weeks back, you pay the bolded for using the beautiful vi office.... I hope I have answered your question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 3:27pm On May 08, 2022
vikaosi:

Thank you for your response. Please which will you advise, the VI centre or Ikeja. And for the photos, can I merge all of them as a pdf file instead of uploading individually.

Thank you

Merge all as a single pdf....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by royalmu: 3:28pm On May 08, 2022
vikaosi:

Thank you
Whatever centre you choose has no influence on your application. Choose Ikeja if it's comfortable in terms of proximity to your residence and gift the money you would have paid to use the VI centre to anyone that needs it. You can attach the documents separately as there is provision for you to add multiple documents to a particular category. Cheers mate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olayinka1230(m): 4:14pm On May 08, 2022
@AshiriOluwa thank you baba
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AdesinaOBD(m): 6:53pm On May 08, 2022
royalmu:

But wait o, in my own application i submitted, i didn't include any marriage photo o, just the marriage certificate and other supporting documents. Sha i still get hope so?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by royalmu: 7:00pm On May 08, 2022
AdesinaOBD:

But wait o, in my own application i submitted, i didn't include any marriage photo o, just the marriage certificate and other supporting documents. Sha i still get hope so?
You must understand that these ECOs are humans too. Not including marriage photos might not affect your application negatively.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wasoso: 7:23pm On May 08, 2022
adelejane:

You are good to apply, your travel histroy is a postive evidence and more over, you circumstance has not change for the ECO to doubt you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 7:37pm On May 08, 2022
Cashmadam:

Not really. Best you ensure what you stated is less than what you have. The danger is if you stated more than what you have in your account. It shouldn't really matter but the visa officer can pick on it if he/she wants to be difficult.

Alright, thanks. I remain hopeful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:05pm On May 08, 2022
adelejane:
Hi All,

need an urgent response as i need to submit our application next week.

We are renewing our visit visa.

A brief history....studied in the UK in 2010, got a post study visa which expired in 2013, returned back home before visa expired with no issues.

2015 applied for a 6 months visit visa with daughter , Visa granted, visited for 3 weeks and returned.

Renewed visa to 2 years visit visa in 2018 for myself and daughter, my son was a baby at the time so applied for a 6 months visit visa for him, visa granted and we travelled for 4 weeks and returned.

i personally travelled for 2 weeks for shopping in 2020 just before covid and returned back on time .

Its time to renew again for a 2years visit visa for myself and two children, i own my own business which is doing very well....

In my personal account i have about 7400 pounds, after putting our cost together its a total of 2400 pounds for the 3 of us, as much as i try i can't reduce this amount as it will become unrealistic. Cheapest flight is about 1650 pounds for the 3 of us, hotel i booked is 385 pounds for 7 days .

I have been reading a lot on this platform about not spending two times your monthly income on a trip and its getting me worried. I'm a business woman and sales are unpredictable , I pay myself about 500k Naira monthly , sometimes 400k will depends on sales, but i have a very simple and straight forward bank statement with good inflow and outflow.

I can't do much about this 2400 pounds, its the least i can quote as expense on our visa form and this will leave my personal account with a balance of 5000 pounds. My business account has about 10000 pounds but can't be used as travel money, i have other savings but I don't want anything that will confuse the VO .......my husbands account is not very straight forward so i don't even want to use him as a co sponsor for this application....i have always presented just my bank statement for all previous visas.

clearly i will be spending 4 times my stated income......been thinking a lot about this.....what can i do ?

You will be fine. Your savings in Pounds is fine and your budget is realistic. I always sponsor my children because my husband is self employed and his bank statement can be confusing. My three children and I got visas when I earned less than N1M a month. Yes, the exchange rate was better then but still.... What matters is the consistency of your income and the savings you have accumulated over time. You can save for a trip over 2/3 years so don't worry too much. Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:11pm On May 08, 2022
AdesinaOBD:

For visiting visa, marriage certificate is fine. If you married in the church, include the certificate from the church and registry. I've never included pictures in my visa applications. Unless you are specifically asked for pictures (which is rare), I really don't see the need to include them. Follow your instincts. If you feel pictures will improve your chances, then add them. You have nothing to lose.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:33pm On May 08, 2022
dayoscape:

Good morning
Please I need help
I'm a university student currently in my final year (but ASUU strike don't want me to finish)

I want to apply for a visit visa
I have my uncle living there
He had sent me literally all these documents

1. Scanned copies of his passport

2. Evidence of his immigration status in the UK, such as a visa

3. Proof of his residence in the UK

4. Proof of funds (bank statement)where he undertake to financially support meduring my stay in the UK

5. Employment letter

6. Payslip from where he works

7. Invitation letter

What kind of documents can I support the application process from my end?

I already have a "no objection" letter from my department

Do I need to add my bank statement and my cover letter to the documents?

And to confirm I'd like to know the correct home office address in Abuja.

Thanks

To be honest, your chances of getting the visa are slim. You are a student, not in school due to stike... To the visa officer, you are a potential "run away".

Try. You might be lucky. Add your bank statement and a cover letter

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:36pm On May 08, 2022
alert20:

Like @gisselle quote some weeks back, you pay the bolded for using the beautiful vi office.... I hope I have answered your question

Use Ikeja. No point wasting money

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by royalmu: 7:09am On May 09, 2022
dayoscape:

Good morning
Please I need help
I'm a university student currently in my final year (but ASUU strike don't want me to finish)

I want to apply for a visit visa
I have my uncle living there
He had sent me literally all these documents

1. Scanned copies of his passport

2. Evidence of his immigration status in the UK, such as a visa

3. Proof of his residence in the UK

4. Proof of funds (bank statement)where he undertake to financially support meduring my stay in the UK

5. Employment letter

6. Payslip from where he works

7. Invitation letter

What kind of documents can I support the application process from my end?

I already have a "no objection" letter from my department

Do I need to add my bank statement and my cover letter to the documents?

And to confirm I'd like to know the correct home office address in Abuja.

Thanks
Please add your bank statement and cover letter. The address is British high commission, 19, Torrens Close, Maitama, Abuja. Add family photos, evidence of school fees payment and semester results if possible.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vikaosi: 7:46am On May 09, 2022
Good morning. Thanks to everyone answering questions.

Please for my biometric capturing at TLS, do I need to come with the originals of all the documents that I uploaded? I'm applying for spouse visa.

The photos I uploaded, do I still need to go there with them. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Juice191968: 9:26am On May 09, 2022
Today makes it 20 working days since i did biometrics (April 6th)
WORK VISA
VI centre.
I sent a paid mail and a decision is yet to be made. This is actually frustrating.
Now looking like my travel plans will have to be shifted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bakol: 9:40am On May 09, 2022
Visa Alert!!

From a silent reader. God blesses you all here for the great job you are doing. Got all the tips I needed from here to navigate the visa process from A to Z. Appreciate you all.

Biometrics - 7th April, 2022 TLS Ikeja
Transferred to DMC- 7th April, 2022
Received by DMC- 8th April,2022
Collection Email: 6th May, 2022
Passport Collected - 9th May 2022.

May God's Name be praised always.

Regards,

9 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 9:45am On May 09, 2022
congrat
what are d documents submitted

bakol:
Visa Alert!!

From a silent reader. God blesses you all here for the great job you are doing. Got all the tips I needed from here to navigate the visa process from A to Z. Appreciate you all.

Biometrics - 7th April, 2022 TLS Ikeja
Transferred to DMC- 7th April, 2022
Received by DMC- 8th April,2022
Collection Email: 6th May, 2022
Passport Collected - 9th May 2022.

May God's Name be praised always.

Regards,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by meccisoft(f): 10:21am On May 09, 2022
Pls house how do I go about the paid email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by meccisoft(f): 10:32am On May 09, 2022
Wow congrants hoping for the best too this week..did mine on the 12th of April with hubby at Ikeja tls also. Today makes it 15th working days. Would share my own testimony too soon in Jesus name.(quote author=pufframmy post=112659353]congrat

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by meccisoft(f): 10:33am On May 09, 2022
[Wow congrants hoping for the best too this week..did mine on the 12th of April with hubby at Ikeja tls also. Today makes it 15th working days. Would share my own testimony too soon in Jesus name. author=pufframmy post=112659353]congrat

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: ayomidan, Ipanema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.