Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (852823 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 10:00am On May 10, 2022
Hello everyone its been a while here....pls gurus in the house...I was in the UK December 2020 and I left the UK may 2021 which is after 5 months...today makes it a year that I left the UK I want to go again in December....I think I have respected them by not over staying so I should have a big chance of getting the visa again right? My other question is should I apply for six months again or 2 yrs...your response will be appreciated pls...I want to start the process soon....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 10:01am On May 10, 2022
Wales1111:
Hello everyone its been a while here....pls gurus in the house...I was in the UK December 2020 and I left the UK may 2021 which is after 5 months...today makes it a year that I left the UK I want to go again in December....I think I have respected them by not over staying so I should have a big chance of getting the visa again right? My other question is should I apply for six months again or 2 yrs...your response will be appreciated pls...I want to start the process soon....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 10:02am On May 10, 2022
Pior to my visiting of the UK I have travelled to Benin, Togo, Ghana, Zambia and Ireland before then UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by naivasha: 10:05am On May 10, 2022
Hello. If I understand you correctly you were asked to contact the application centre. If so, have you gone there to check if your passport is ready for collection?

Kenola01:

Pls sir , what do you suggest application since March 11th. Sent multiple mails, I learnt a decision has been made. In fact my last mail, I was stop to contact my application center for my passport. I’m confused and frustrated sef.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 9ger: 10:11am On May 10, 2022
You mean you stayed in UK for 5 Months on a 6 Months Visa and you're saying you didn't over stayed ? When you submitted your UK Visa application did you tell them you will be staying for 5 months ?

Wales1111:

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SpiceQueen01: 10:13am On May 10, 2022
[quote author=Marviana post=112463618]Good evening all
Happy Ramadan,

I just got a refusal letter. I did my biometrics on the 23rd of March.
I think the first mistake I made was to use the black market rate to calculate my salary, I get paid in USD and at the time I applied I didn't know about Oanda or Nairaland and I noticed the Eco's conversion was in Pounds and slightly higher than what I earn. I hope this wouldn't be seen as deceit from my side.

Hi pls I’d like to know if you’ve gotten your passport back, a friend who was refused at the same time is yet to get his passport
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nchabuomo: 10:15am On May 10, 2022
9ger:
You mean you stayed in UK for 5 Months on a 6 Months Visa and you're saying you didn't over stayed ? When you submitted your UK Visa application did you tell them you will be staying for 5 months ?

THE POSTER DID NOT OVERSTAY!

You can stay the entire duration of your 6 month visa if you want as long as you do not break the rules of your Visa class.

Poster you can apply for 6 months or 2 years if you want.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SpiceQueen01: 10:16am On May 10, 2022
Longjonjoe:
I also got a refusal letter today, imagine waking up and gbam! The email just dropped. The two reasons why i was denied was the large sum of money I received between December and January, the money didn’t have a narration, now i see the reason why when transferring money from one of your account to the other, always write a narration maybe “savings” or just state what the money will be used for. I didn’t explain the large sum in a letter to UKVI. The 2nd reason was my company i work for, they said they checked it on CAC and it showed “INACTIVE” omo i weak!!! I’ve been working here for 3 years now. Guys please how soon can I reapply, i was advised by a friend that i should wait for 6 months. That is far. Has anyone applied immediately after they got s refusal and got the visa eventually or they waited 6 months. I will gladly appreciate your answers please. Thank you

Hi, pls I’d like to know if you’ve got your passport back, asking for a friend who was sent a refusal letter same day but hasn’t got a passport collection mail yet.
When he tracked his application, it shows application received by DMC up till now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 10:18am On May 10, 2022
Nchabuomo:

THE POSTER DID NOT OVERSTAY! You can stay the entire duration of your 6 month visa if you want as long as you do not break the rules of your Visa class.Poster you can apply for 6 months or 2 years if you want.
easier to say this than whatbis obtainable.
If he has no compelling reasons as to why he stayed 5 months then that visa will not be renewed. Poster did not tell them he was goin to stay for 5 months when he applied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 10:20am On May 10, 2022
Nchabuomo:

You can stay the entire duration of your 6 month visa if you want as long as you do not break the rules of your Visa class.

thank you bro...I didn't break any rule I was just with my uncle and I purchased a car and shipped it back to Nigeria with other goods in it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:22am On May 10, 2022
Wales1111:
removed my little advice as you say all is well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:22am On May 10, 2022
Wales1111:
thank you bro...I didn't break any rule I was just with my uncle and I purchased a car and shipped it back to Nigeria with other goods in it.
you didnt break any rule. I hear you Sir grin

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SpiceQueen01: 10:23am On May 10, 2022
shewa12345:
Thank you so much. I have a quick question. Although they didn't explicitly mention CAC in the letter, this is what was mentioned:
"Home Office checks have confirmed that this school is currently inactive and therefore not operating and generating any revenues.". Does this refer to CAC? Also, she pays tax every month to Lagos IRS. Is this different from annual returns? I know annual returns should be filed once a year so I'm guessing it is different. I will please appreciate more information.

Thank you again.

Hi, pls I’d like to know if your mum has collected her passport. A friend who was refused at the same time hasn’t got a collection mail yet.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by inphoenix: 10:23am On May 10, 2022
Wales1111:

You did not overstay, but this might raise a flag with an ECO. You were issued 6 months because it is standard. How long did you state on your application that you will be staying for?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 9ger: 10:25am On May 10, 2022
You're funny (Nchabuomo), staying 5 months on a 6 months Visa is NOT overstay but the Visa officer will wonder what he or she is doing for 5 months and might conclude that he/she took up work illegally while in UK. Do you ever wonder why they refuse some UK visa Renewals ? This is one of the reasons.

Nchabuomo:

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 10:28am On May 10, 2022
inphoenix:

You did not overstay, but this might raise a flag with an ECO. You were issued 6 months because it is standard. How long did you state on your application that you will be staying for?
two months. It was the time of covid and a lot of flight were being cancelled and all that....the time of tier 5 lockdown of staying at home totally...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 10:37am On May 10, 2022
giselle237:
removed my little advice as you say all is well.
so the conclusion now is that I should not bother to apply for UK visiting visa ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by royalmu: 10:46am On May 10, 2022
Wales1111:
so the conclusion now is that I should not bother to apply for UK visiting visa ?
Apply if you want to. Nobody is an ECO here. The outcome of your visa application will tell if you violated any visa rules or not.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 9ger: 10:48am On May 10, 2022
You can apply for UK visiting visa and you have high chance of getting the Visa renewal or even 2 years visa, you only need to explain the reason you stayed for 5 months in your letter or in your application form.

Wales1111:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 10:49am On May 10, 2022
Wales1111:
you can apply, but explain what you did for the 5months or what made you stay other than what you stated in your entry form inside the cover letter you are submitting, else you might be refused because of that. Thier refusals is full of doubt doubt doubt.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kenola01: 11:00am On May 10, 2022
naivasha:
Hello. If I understand you correctly you were asked to contact the application centre. If so, have you gone there to check if your passport is ready for collection?

Yes, I was told to contact the application center, I haven’t gone o. it’s expensive for me to go without getting my passport.( fight ticket and all )
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nchabuomo: 11:06am On May 10, 2022
9ger:
You're funny (Nchabuomo), staying 5 months on a 6 months Visa is NOT overstay but the Visa officer will wonder what he or she is doing for 5 months and might conclude that he/she took up work illegally while in UK. Do you ever wonder why they refuse some UK visa Renewals ? This is one of the reasons.

See stop saying what you do not know! Overstay is when you overstay your visa duration in this case 6 months. You are creating a scenario that is not there. The ECO cannot not create scenarios from their ass without any evidence to support that. Nothing shows that the applicant worked within the said months in the UK hence that cannot be an issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nchabuomo: 11:07am On May 10, 2022
Wales1111:

Dude you DO NOT NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU SPENT 5 MONTHS! Make a regular application and submit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 11:07am On May 10, 2022
dirolad:
you can apply, but explain what you did for the 5months or what made you stay other than what you stated in your entry form inside the cover letter you are submitting, else you might be refused because of that. Thier refusals is full of doubt doubt doubt.
thank you I have a letter of permission sent to my mail by my employer replying to My request to extend my leave due to Nigeria being on the red flag of the UK and no flight was coming into or out of the UK to Nigeria and vice versa...it also addressed the fact that they understand I didn't intend to bring the virus over to Nigeria or to contact it in Nigeria....do they said they gave me till the middle of the year to resume back to work which is last year June...they also stated that I have used my 2021 annual leave like that....and that's it I didn't travel last year because I have used it...I will have another
leave ending of this year....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 11:08am On May 10, 2022
Nchabuomo:

Dude you DO NOT NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU SPENT 5 MONTHS! Make a regular application and submit.
okay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 11:08am On May 10, 2022
Kenola01:

Yes, I was told to contact the application center, I haven’t gone o. it’s expensive for me to go without getting my passport.( fight ticket and all )
why can’t you call the helping line? Your biometric is in ikeja or vi
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kenola01: 11:13am On May 10, 2022
iretiogo1:
why can’t you call the helping line? Your biometric is in ikeja or vi

V.I, can you help with the help line ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 11:13am On May 10, 2022
Nchabuomo:

when you applied, wasn't the Visa approved based on ties, wasn't Job employment part of it, now how were you able to stay off your employment for 5months? Is it a remotable Job or the applicant is no longer employed? How were you able to survive 5months in a foreign land in a situation that you don't have family there if it was stated. That's when doubts comes in.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 11:17am On May 10, 2022
Nchabuomo:

See stop saying what you do not know! Overstay is when you overstay your visa duration in this case 6 months. You are creating a scenario that is not there. The ECO cannot not create scenarios from their ass without any evidence to support that. Nothing shows that the applicant worked within the said months in the UK hence that cannot be an issue.
thank you bro...this is what I read online too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 11:18am On May 10, 2022
Wales1111:
thank you I have a letter of permission sent to my mail by my employer replying to My request to extend my leave due to Nigeria being on the red flag of the UK and no flight was coming into or out of the UK to Nigeria and vice versa...it also addressed the fact that they understand I didn't intend to bring the virus over to Nigeria or to contact it in Nigeria....do they said they gave me till the middle of the year to resume back to work which is last year June...they also stated that I have used my 2021 annual leave like that....and that's it I didn't travel last year because I have used it...I will have another
leave ending of this year....
necessary documents backing it up and a cover letter addressing it properly will be better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 9ger: 11:20am On May 10, 2022
OK Boss, i hear you. smiley

9ger:
OK Boss, i hear you. smiley

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kenola01: 11:23am On May 10, 2022
Nchabuomo:

Exactly, circumstance could change whether you send a month or five months you don’t owe them an explanation . So far you haven’t broken any law surrounding your visa .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: godslead(f), LadyCaplin and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.