Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (831611 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sensisosu: 11:17am On May 17, 2022
iretiogo1:
can you provide me with the number and what is the process

+44 (0)300 790 6268
nwaogukings03:

10 working days more or less, often less.
Please can u explain how u made the payment and call them?
Is ur tracker still showing received by DMC?

Paid with access bank debit card and tracker still showing received by DMC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ekeadatrust: 11:22am On May 17, 2022
I called them on friday and they told me that a decision has been made and to further wait for 10 working days. Have been waiting and tracking..
akinkk:
How do you get this application tracker page? I've been searching and haven't been able to find a link. Can you please share a link to the page?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mamawa123: 11:25am On May 17, 2022
royalmu:
Ask them to do what sensisosu did. A decision should have been made on their applications by now.

Ok I will
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yimi4real: 11:26am On May 17, 2022
Aside the stipulated time on gov.uk. Can anyone tell if the processing times is generally faster if biometrics done in Abuja or Lagos? Or is it same experience please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 11:28am On May 17, 2022
sensisosu:

+44 (0)300 790 6268

okay thanks I just need the GWF number right abi there need other information
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Juice191968: 11:38am On May 17, 2022
sensisosu:

+44 (0)300 790 6268

I tried calling the numbers but its not going. I typed the exact number above. or is there sth i am not doing correctly?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 11:42am On May 17, 2022
Juice191968:

I tried calling the numbers but its not going. I typed the exact number above. or is there sth i am not doing correctly?
remove the zero in the bracket
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Juice191968: 11:50am On May 17, 2022
iretiogo1:

Thank you. It works. However, after calling and following the prompts they say i should ensure i allow the time frame to elapse bla bla bla and then the call drops.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by KaceeDcontrol(m): 12:02pm On May 17, 2022
Hello guys, so on the average, how long does it currently take to process a UK work visa and is there anything in writing to that effect say on their website or in an email response?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Juice191968: 12:07pm On May 17, 2022
iretiogo1:

I have been able to reach them, says application still been considered. I further went to ask how long does it take for a skilled worker visa and she says it could take up to 12 weeks at the moment. This is actually discouraging.

cc Giselle
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 12:08pm On May 17, 2022
Juice191968:

Thank you. It works. However, after calling and following the prompts they say i should ensure i allow the time frame to elapse bla bla bla and then the call drops.
decide has been make right
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 12:10pm On May 17, 2022
Juice191968:

I have been able to reach them, says application still been considered. I further went to ask how long does it take for a skilled worker visa and she says it could take up to 12 weeks at the moment. This is actually discouraging.

cc Giselle
they ask for the application GWF number only right
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Juice191968: 12:12pm On May 17, 2022
iretiogo1:
they ask for the application GWF number only right

yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Juice191968: 12:12pm On May 17, 2022
iretiogo1:
decide has been make right

No, awaiting decision
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 12:15pm On May 17, 2022
Juice191968:

yes
okay thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Justpat: 12:34pm On May 17, 2022
Good morning ladies and gentlemen,

Please are there people who did biometric at Abuja TLS contact on March 15th 2022 for standard Visitor visa that has received a decision and collected passport from VAC already. ?

I did biometric since 15th March no collection mail till now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kenola01: 12:59pm On May 17, 2022
Justpat:
Good morning ladies and gentlemen,

Please are there people who did biometric at Abuja TLS contact on March 15th 2022 for standard Visitor visa that has received a decision and collected passport from VAC already. ?

I did biometric since 15th March no collection mail till now.

Mine since March 11th. No response or whatsoever.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 1:45pm On May 17, 2022
mamawa123:

Yes you can scan and upload all the current and expired visas to show your travel history

You should be able to use the Naira Debit Master card

Thank You very much for always answering my questions.

I have another one as usual

Though i have not gotten to the final submission stage as i am still trying to perfect my supporting documents and see that the form is filled appropriately.

Just as the self introduction letter, i was told that i need to also write a cover letter saying more about the additional explanation and breaking down any huge or unexplained lump sum in my bank statement with explanation.

So my question is that, am i to address this cover to the VO or i can just write it without addressing it to the VO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by inphoenix: 4:28pm On May 17, 2022
Just called UKVI for a status update on a general visit visa application.

Biometrics 5th April. Was informed that a decision made has been made and advised to wait for the VAC to contact for passport collection. It appears decisions are made exactly 6 weeks from biometric date.

No email yet. No update on TLS tracker
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wasoso: 4:46pm On May 17, 2022
Godrescues:
Hello House,

I so much appreciate the sharing of info here .

Please I want to know if one can use funds in a joint account of sponsor ( husband) and dependant ( wife) as POF? Or should the dependant just open a personal account and move the POF there.
The joint account is in both names and they share the same surname.
1, is it company's account, if yes, then you write signed consent letter to the ECO and explain the amou t available for her.
2, If is not company's account, then you explain the source of the money and how it will be available for her
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bookcaller(f): 6:20pm On May 17, 2022
inphoenix:
Just called UKVI for a status update on a general visit visa application.

Biometrics 5th April. Was informed that a decision made has been made and advised to wait for the VAC to contact for passport collection. It appears decisions are made exactly 6 weeks from biometric date.

No email yet. No update on TLS tracker

Omo, make this week make sense oh, no visa alert since yesterday �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by incognitoo: 6:40pm On May 17, 2022
Dear all,

This has probably been asked before but… I am filling the form to apply for a Standard Visitor visa for an Academic Visit (to last for 1 month) and I want to know if it is a problem to answer ‘No’ to the question about whether I already have a place to stay during my visit? Will this affect my application or is it fine to explain that I will get a place later?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by solid3(m): 6:54pm On May 17, 2022
akinkk:
How do you get this application tracker page? I've been searching and haven't been able to find a link. Can you please share a link to the page?

You need to sign in to your unique login link, click on provide document and biometrics, click on continue, viola, there's a link to track your application.

All the best.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mamawa123: 7:35pm On May 17, 2022
geolan:

Thank You very much for always answering my questions.

I have another one as usual

Though i have not gotten to the final submission stage as i am still trying to perfect my supporting documents and see that the form is filled appropriately.

Just as the self introduction letter, i was told that i need to also write a cover letter saying more about the additional explanation and breaking down any huge or unexplained lump sum in my bank statement with explanation.

So my question is that, am i to address this cover to the VO or i can just write it without addressing it to the VO.
Address it the way you address the introduction letter.

You can write introduction letter and also write a standalone letter of explanation to explain the lump sum

Or

You can include your lump sum explanation and other information in your introduction / cover letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 11:29pm On May 17, 2022
youniq:

I don’t know if this of any use to you but I have stayed 169days of the 180 days and nothing happened because I didn’t overstay my visa, my advice to you is to put a note in the additional info part of the application and explain that due to everything Covid caused, you decided to spend more quality time with your family(your uncle and his family) and that’s the reason you stayed for 5months. Getting the visa after you stay that long isn’t the issue, the main place you might be questioned thoroughly is at the point of entry into the UK, so be prepaid to give a convincing explanation, all in all, you didn’t overstay the 180days.
thank you so much....

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:14am On May 18, 2022
Philanthropist7:

Please, I'm asking for a sister, and I'm confident that I'll receive the greatest response here, so please help me out; here's her speaking now;

I am a 36-year-old single woman who has been working for over two years with a monthly salary of 300K and a savings of 2m+plus. I plan to visit the United Kingdom as a tourist in September for 10days and will be budgeting 1m for the trip. My company's CAC profile shows that it is inactive. I am planning applying by 1st week of next month

Could you please provide me some honest opinion on my chances of getting a 6-month UK tourist visa considering the points below

1. I am a single lady of 36years
2. My company's CAC profile is indicating Inactive[i][/i]
3. My monthly salary vs my saving vs budgeted amount for the trip
4. I don't have any landed property yet
5. I don't have any travel history

Please help out.

1. Does not matter - they are more concerned about your financial status
2. Honestly, I'm not sure how this CAC issue works. For me, it's neither here nor there. The ECO don't always check. I think other red flags make them check so if other things are in order, it is unlikey this will be an issue
3. Your monthly salary will pass if your monthly expenses are low and savings reasonable. I suggest your expenses should not exceed N100,00 monthly so your savings comes to about N200,000 monthly - with that, you can explain the money you have saved and it looks and sounds reasonable to anybody
4. Landed property is not compulsory. Just helps your case. I know people without landed property who have applied for and gotten several visas - so don't worry too much about that
5. Travel history helps - cerrtainly not compulsory. You need to build your travel history one day so start now. Nobody brought travel history from heaven. We all started one day - some earlier than others. Doesn't matter.

My advise - fill the online form carefully, be honest, present genuine documents, keep your statement of account clean (no unnecessary large deposits that you cannot explain) and pray. You will be fine. Good luck!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:26am On May 18, 2022
Ommoh it done finally sup!

I followed Sokoto gudali's style of writing cover letter to the last dotted I and crossed t.

First timer

TLS Abuja
Self service

Application date 23/3/2022
Biometrics date 31/3/2022
Collection date 13/5/2022
DHL showed up with it on the 16th

N.b. my employer's company CAC is currently listed as inactive since year 2000 grin

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelejane: 9:42am On May 18, 2022
Hi ,

please we are going for our biometric is this week and we will be using the assisted service to submit our documents at the VFS center , my major issue now is i have business MTN mobile money wallet document which is as large as 244 pages if i print it out for 6 months and 150 pages if i print it out for four month. This document is very important and i must submit it as it shows all source of funds to my business, this account is where we receive all payments from customers and same account is used to pay suppliers and workers. I transfer money from this account into my business account daily. Will they be able to scan this at the VFS center . I'm very worried , i already chose assisted service cos I'm not very good at putting documents together . What can i do ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by inphoenix: 10:05am On May 18, 2022
Thegamingorca:
Ommoh it done finally sup!

I followed Sokoto gudali's style of writing cover letter to the last dotted I and crossed t.

First timer

TLS Abuja
Self service

Application date 23/3/2022
Biometrics date 31/3/2022
Collection date 13/5/2022
DHL showed up with it on the 16th

N.b. my employer's company CAC is currently listed as inactive since year 2000 grin

So visa issued since the 27th of April, but they purposely delayed sending a decision notice for another 2 weeks just to reach the exact 6th week mark
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:09am On May 18, 2022
inphoenix:

So visa issued since the 27th of April, but they purposely delayed sending a decision notice for another 2 weeks just to reach the exact 6th week mark

No the visa won't be valid until the 27th of May next week Friday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by inphoenix: 10:09am On May 18, 2022
adelejane:
Hi ,

please we are going for our biometric is this week and we will be using the assisted service to submit our documents at the VFS center , my major issue now is i have business MTN mobile money wallet document which is as large as 244 pages if i print it out for 6 months and 150 pages if i print it out for four month. This document is very important and i must submit it as it shows all source of funds to my business, this account is where we receive all payments from customers and same account is used to pay suppliers and workers. I transfer money from this account into my business account daily. Will they be able to scan this at the VFS center . I'm very worried , i already chose assisted service cos I'm not very good at putting documents together . What can i do ?

They will be able to scan, but 244 pages is A LOT!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by inphoenix: 10:11am On May 18, 2022
Thegamingorca:

No the visa won't be valid until the 27th of May next week Friday

Oh, that's correct!

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67