Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,866 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

How Do I Apologize To My Wife? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Apologize To My Wife? (51107 Views)

Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids / I Apologize For Disappointing My Wife & Children / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Saint1960: 2:57pm On Feb 04, 2022
Story teller undecided
Gather here if you think he just cooked up this story
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Henz81: 3:00pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:
I created this new handle to hide my identity.

I got married 11 years ago. We both started working before we got married, but my salary was way above my wife's own. I was earning 195k while she was on 108k when we got married, after my MSC, I was promoted and started to earn 350k, this got to me and I started to misbehave, I was doing all sorts and would insult the hell outa her. As the cry cry girl, she would cry, and thereafter I would hear her praying. At times she would say she will one day be greater than me. That to me was an impossibility.

I can't even remember ever giving her money for home keep but we never lacked food at home (we delayed before having kids, so I don't see the need for me to give her monthly money and she never asked). I started giving her after we had kids. She agreed when I told her her money was for the home and mine for investment, but I never included her name in my properties. she knows this as well.

After our kids, it became very demanding, coupled with her office not increasing her pay, she resigned, and that was when I felt the impact of her income. Meanwhile, her pay was reduced to about 80k and mine was increased to like 600k as at when she resigned. In one month I started asking her to return back to her work as to me I was not ready to foot her bills, she never even asked for money, she would even say what I gave her is left 5k or more self at the end of the month.

Now her new journey - When I started disturbing about going back to her former office or getting a new job, she said never and asked me to stop giving her money but go to market to buy food myself. In less than 4 months to her resignation she started talking about online job here and there, I thought it was a scam so I warned her. One day, I was in the office when she said she needs me to help her wit the best laptop to buy, I tried to talk her down on buying one but she ended the call on me.

I got home to see her with a new laptop. fast forward, she paid for a training on how work from home without my knowledge, got her first job of about $200, I also washed her down on going that low for such an amount but she said it was better than her former 80k job, before I knew it, she started talking about $1,000, now it's $3,000, to $4,000 monthly. I earn lower than #1M, my wife gets over #2M monthly working from home. She helped me finished my house project, very transparent and would not hide any $ she earns.

I have not been able to forgive myself of all the things I did to her, the insults, talking down on her but in a way I think I pushed her to become who she is now. I remembered when she asked back then to open a joint account with her, I laughed her to scorn, like how would the ratio be. she saved over 6M and credited my account with everything, just for us to complete our home. I can't even produce 1M.

She doesn't seem hurt, but sometimes she reminds me of those words, I have never officially told her sorry neither have I really changed because I am just like that, I don't mean evil. I wanted her to braze up and never stay low.

Married, men, please how do I ask for her forgiveness? I don't think we have up to 2% of her type out there.

My advice is eheeeeee, I gat nothing to say to you.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by brainycaleb(m): 3:10pm On Feb 04, 2022
My gut feeling is telling me that the op shouldn't say he is sorry, ever!

Let him simply change and become a loving and more encouraging husband but he mustn't apologize for his past sins!

This is because we don't truly know the makeup of the woman and why she's attracted to him!

She must have known his true character before marriage and if he apologize, he may look like a weakling to her and hence lose her love!

11 years no be beans ooo!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by dododawa1: 3:14pm On Feb 04, 2022
Believe this story at your own risk
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 04, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

We're getting married soon. Watch this space. wink

No p.

On another note, I have been noticing similar stories on NL. Does Seu.n pay people to create stories or how does this forum work gangan?

I am asking because it seems like a business model JORO to JORO implements and still currently implementing where he cooks up fake stories half the time to build an audience. If you check this user, you will notice he hasn't responded to any post or comments, this is how you tell when a story is fake.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by iTearHerToto: 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

I got married 11 years ago. We both started working before we got married, but my salary was way above my wife's own. I was earning 195k while she was on 108k when we got married, after my MSC, I was promoted and started to earn 350k, this got to me and I started to misbehave, I was doing all sorts and would insult the hell outa her. As the cry cry girl, she would cry, and thereafter I would hear her praying. At times she would say she will one day be greater than me. That to me was an impossibility.

I can't even remember ever giving her money for home keep but we never lacked food at home (we delayed before having kids, so I don't see the need for me to give her monthly money and she never asked). I started giving her after we had kids. She agreed when I told her her money was for the home and mine for investment, but I never included her name in my properties. she knows this as well.

After our kids, it became very demanding, coupled with her office not increasing her pay, she resigned, and that was when I felt the impact of her income. Meanwhile, her pay was reduced to about 80k and mine was increased to like 600k as at when she resigned. In one month I started asking her to return back to her work as to me I was not ready to foot her bills, she never even asked for money, she would even say what I gave her is left 5k or more self at the end of the month.

Now her new journey - When I started disturbing about going back to her former office or getting a new job, she said never and asked me to stop giving her money but go to market to buy food myself. In less than 4 months to her resignation she started talking about online job here and there, I thought it was a scam so I warned her. One day, I was in the office when she said she needs me to help her wit the best laptop to buy, I tried to talk her down on buying one but she ended the call on me.

I got home to see her with a new laptop. fast forward, she paid for a training on how work from home without my knowledge, got her first job of about $200, I also washed her down on going that low for such an amount but she said it was better than her former 80k job, before I knew it, she started talking about $1,000, now it's $3,000, to $4,000 monthly. I earn lower than #1M, my wife gets over #2M monthly working from home. She helped me finished my house project, very transparent and would not hide any $ she earns.

I have not been able to forgive myself of all the things I did to her, the insults, talking down on her but in a way I think I pushed her to become who she is now. I remembered when she asked back then to open a joint account with her, I laughed her to scorn, like how would the ratio be. she saved over 6M and credited my account with everything, just for us to complete our home. I can't even produce 1M.

She doesn't seem hurt, but sometimes she reminds me of those words, I have never officially told her sorry neither have I really changed because I am just like that, I don't mean evil. I wanted her to braze up and never stay low.

Married, men, please how do I ask for her forgiveness? I don't think we have up to 2% of her type out there.

Don't ask for any forgiveness. In short don't even listen to what anyone here says. Just buy her some nice gifts. Then in the evening take her out on a romantic dinner. Say some good stuff that will make her smile and take her back home. Play some good music y'all finna dance to like some parenting adults then hug her, look into her eyes and tell her you're so glad God gave you a woman like her. Then end it with "I love you"

That's how grown ups apologize. Don't thank me later thank God
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by petitejolie(f): 3:24pm On Feb 04, 2022
God will punish this man.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by gbagyiza: 3:31pm On Feb 04, 2022
Its one of the things that happens in life, some will be lucky to have good n understanding partners while some will not.. You have Bleep up big time and you need to genuinely change your attitude going forward before you lose everything. Your wife is truly a good woman with a good heart. Take her out to a nice place on 14th of February and apologize GENUINELY.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Alabo7978(m): 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2022
mercy87:

Wow ..i see that its the ability to take rubbish from men that makes one a good woman.
Use your head.
What makes her a good woman is her submissiveness even with her plenty money.
Your husband isn't your equal.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2022
truthsayer009:

No p.

On another note, I have been noticing similar stories on NL. Does Seu.n pay people to create stories or how does this forum work gangan?

I am asking because it seems like a business model JORO to JORO implements and still currently implementing where he cooks up fake stories half the time to build an audience. If you check this user, you will notice he hasn't responded to any post or comments, this is how you tell when a story is fake.

Of course, anything to garner an audience is possible. If you have noticed, recently, there's been an upsurge of sick stories on the front page like thus, "help, my mother is a witch", "help, my wife poisoned my mother", "help, I think I'm running mad", "help, I want to disown my father". And I just ask myself, how come? Until I noticed the trend and realized they are all concocted stories facilitated by S.eun to garner controversies, which in turn brings audience.

I just stopped wasting my time dropping comments on certain Family/Romance section threads. Trust me, 95.5% of the stories there is balderdash.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by fmonigent(m): 3:41pm On Feb 04, 2022
[quote author=gazeup1 post=109935241]I created this new handle to hide my identity.

Evil and wicked man na your way, continue dey form devil
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by charlypoker(m): 3:45pm On Feb 04, 2022
Just swallow your pride and tell her sorry.
and be very honest about it.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by RedEnergy: 3:45pm On Feb 04, 2022
I don't believe this story.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by HimName: 3:47pm On Feb 04, 2022
WoundedLamb:

@bolded, it's obvious the only reason you're considering saying sorry is because she now earns much more than you do, and you fear she might hold it against you or start treating you the way you used to treat her. Sir, you were evil to her. You probably put her through series of depression phases, and you would have been doing that up till this moment if she was still earning less than you. And you're telling us you're just like that. You're just like how? Just naturally wicked? How would someone that treats his wife like this treat strangers?
You can't even bring yourself to say you're sorry to your wife of over a decade. And please, don't say you just wanted her to braze up (whatever that means). That's what you tell yourself to get rid of the guilty conscience that's obviously eating you up. You obviously know that's not true and that's why you feel this way. Acknowledge your wicked acts without excuses, that's the first step to your peace of mind.

I pity the poor woman. People like you hardly appreciate others. So if you're saying she's such a nice person, then she must have really endured so much to the extent that you're even surprised yourself. She might not tell you this, but she hasn't forgotten how you made her feel. People forget what you say or do but not how you make them feel. The apology you're yet to give started losing its value the moment she started earning more than you, and if you wait till she officially brings up the past before you eventually apologize, the apology will be almost valueless. You are a lucky man. This lady has shown you love that even your hardened heart cannot deny and it's unlikely she'll stop now. So just go and apologize whichever way you know how to, she has obviously at peace with her fate.

Two important things:
1) For the sake of your mental health, don't give yourself excuses for treating her the way you did. Saying things like "I only wanted her to braze up", "that's just who I am", etc. might make you feel better temporarily but the guilty conscience will always come back.
2) Your attitude after the apology is more important than the apology itself. Anybody can apologize but it takes a genuine heart to make changes.

Apt and well said.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Wokamest: 3:48pm On Feb 04, 2022
Hmmnn, this guy just open this thread and vanish. Not seen since yesterday. Nine pages already. Na wa o.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by gal10(f): 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2022
I read till the end thinking I will see the apology part or at least a change of attitude but Mba you’re still the cocky person with an ego too big to apologize. Don’t worry, she will soon leave you ��
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by NickD(m): 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

Take her out on a nice date and apologise to her. You married a good woman. Don't lose what you have, you'll regret it.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by MuhammadMiller: 4:05pm On Feb 04, 2022
Some times we have good wives and foolish husbands and most foolish of them is he who can't apologize when he wrong his wife
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Emmanuel30a: 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2022
By The Way, What Online Work From Home Is Your Wife Doing That Is Earning $4000 Monthly. Its Crucial To Know
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Of course, anything to garner an audience is possible. If you have noticed, recently, there's been an upsurge of sick stories on the front page like thus, "help, my mother is a witch", "help, my wife poisoned my mother", "help, I think I'm running mad", "help, I want to disown my father". And I just ask myself, how come? Until I noticed the trend and realized they are all concocted stories facilitated by S.eun to garner controversies, which in turn brings audience.

I just stopped wasting my time dropping comments on certain Family/Romance section threads. Trust me, 95.5% of the stories there is balderdash.

Yes exactly, and it seems to be working, we have nine pages already and this dude hasn't said anything on the thread. People are pulling their hair out over a fake story that never happened.

Fake content or fake content creators seems like a good business model, I remember a lady friend of mine back then in school used to work for a dating site as a remote communicator when the website first launched, she chats with men like she is a real babe looking for friendships or relationship, then stop replying chats after a while. I was surprised when I heard that this use to happen.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by cocolacec(m): 4:14pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

Your punishment is in the cooler waiting for you.The lady is wise anything she does Regarding the house belongs to her children.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by 360command: 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2022
Double0h7:
This narcissistic jerk wants to take credit for her greatness grin

His words: I have not been able to forgive myself of all the things I did to her, the insults, talking down on her but in a way I think I pushed her to become who she is now. 

yeap, it happens. My father once told me," this will be the last time I will help you". That was a wake up call for me long ago.. I was forced to utilize the little opportunity I have. If he never had said that, who knows where would I be.. and I thank him for it till this day.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2022
You are a typical african man who is naturally foolish and misbehaves whenever he gets small power, or has little change in his pocket.

You are more foolish for attempting to lay claim to your wife's success by saying that it is you that "push" her to become successful. To the contrary, your abusive behaviour should have thrown your wife into deep depression if she weren't strong.

I'm sure you have this foolish egoistic tendency not just to your wife, but to your other family members and co-workers.

Be humble, man, and stop being foolish!

And be thankful to God for the kind of wife you married.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by mercy87(f): 4:37pm On Feb 04, 2022
Alabo7978:

Use your head.
What makes her a good woman is her submissiveness even with her plenty money.
Your husband isn't your equal.

Well, i'm a man and a married one at that. I can tell you that my wife is my equal. We are in a partnership building a beautiful life together. Women are not lesser beings.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Abdogood(m): 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

Oga u married an angel. Please take good care if her n do apologize. She is one in a milli. I swear down. Me personally remove my cap for her. Na woman she be.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Oyiboman69: 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2022
laluski:

Look at your last paragraph...you mean you know this and you have the impunity to come here and ask us for advice...you must be very stupid..
I don't blame you, I blame her for marrying a slowpoke like you..infact between she marrying you and you saying all this here..I don't know whose more stupid..if to say na my sister come tell me this kind story WORD FOR WORD..my advice to her would have been a very dirty slap.
Lemme ask you if your father did all Thai to your mother and you knew all this....will you love your dad the more or call your own mother a fool...
Tell us your answer here sincerely before it enters your empty brain to get angry at the truth am saying and want to vent your childish anger back at me...
Kai...this boy just spoil my mood this evening Sha...
mtcheeeew!

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Oyiboman69: 4:49pm On Feb 04, 2022
Double0h7:
This narcissistic jerk wants to take credit for her greatness grin

His words: I have not been able to forgive myself of all the things I did to her, the insults, talking down on her but in a way I think I pushed her to become who she is now. 

na him wife and I think they're still doing fine ad husband and wife...I blame him for bringing the issue here...
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Taiwo20(m): 4:51pm On Feb 04, 2022
tell us about the work frm home job abeg.

Apologies and turn a new leaf

gazeup1:

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Lyndeee(f): 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2022
Ogs, you are a typical narcissist. I pray she realises she is better off without you. angry
Your words.. you said you can't change cos that's how you are
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Validated: 4:55pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

First go and put her name in the house she helped you to build. If anything happens to you today, she and your children will be homeless. That to me is the best apology she deserves.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Oyiboman69: 4:57pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

oga na you be head of your family and however it is working for you is what matter... what apology are talking about?, have you not done some good things too?,what your wife is looking at is far different from that your meaningless apology cos it won't change anything of the past.you should focus on the future cos that is what matter now,and make yourself a better person for your family. your wife is an Angel
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by GetMeRight: 5:01pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

You still owe her an apology, sincerely speaking. You won't die if you apologise to her and it is not sign of weakness, it will only show your strength.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Who Accused A Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Sets To Wed A New Lady / Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? / Duke Of Uyo Buys His Wife Toyota Camry 2000 Version (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.