Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

How Do I Apologize To My Wife? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Apologize To My Wife? (51067 Views)

Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids / I Apologize For Disappointing My Wife & Children / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by SocialJustice: 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2022
dawnomike:
In all these, I still wonder why saying "My wife, I am sorry" is so much of a problem to you...
How to say sorry to wife is by first killing that your ego sir. #Peace
Very proud and stupid.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by ukaface(f): 12:35pm On Feb 04, 2022
Your wife is a female simp...

You can't even apologise
Hope she has started getting properties too and in her name?
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Premiumwriter: 12:35pm On Feb 04, 2022
Omihanifa:

This one hear say the guy dey collect 600k per month he don dey call him sweety sad

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by bustykasa(f): 12:35pm On Feb 04, 2022
You are a very wicked man and even if you apologize it won't change anything. let me tell you something, your wife knows what she's doing by giving you her money. She's killing you slowly with her good deeds but you don't know. In Igbo we say aka nshi gi abaala gi n'onu!
She takes care of her children and in future they will take care of her and abandon you cuz they are seeing what you are doing to their mom now.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by sleek82(m): 12:36pm On Feb 04, 2022
HarunaWest:
Dont Apologize for the past for it has passed. Rather, appreciate her for what she has done and start footing the bills henceforth. Also buy her little gifts from time to time whenever you return from office and take her on weekend outings at least once a month. Cinemas, shoprite, parks, clubs, trade fairs et al. Do all these and have peace.
how can you say he should not apologize for the pass? I wonder what the difference is between you and the op....like really? Do you think the op would have said anything to Nairaland if the wife's status had not changed?
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Patented: 12:36pm On Feb 04, 2022
this comment I like. I read the story ans was like WTF!
WoundedLamb:

@bolded, it's obvious the only reason you're considering saying sorry is because she now earns much more than you do, and you fear she might hold it against you or start treating you the way you used to treat her. Sir, you were evil to her. You probably put her through series of depression phases, and you would have been doing that up till this moment if she was still earning less than you. And you're telling us you're just like that. You're just like how? Just naturally wicked? How would someone that treats his wife like this treat strangers?
You can't even bring yourself to say you're sorry to your wife of over a decade. And please, don't say you just wanted her to braze up (whatever that means). That's what you tell yourself to get rid of the guilty conscience that's obviously eating you up. You obviously know that's not true and that's why you feel this way. Acknowledge your wicked acts without excuses, that's the first step to your peace of mind.

I pity the poor woman. People like you hardly appreciate others. So if you're saying she's such a nice person, then she must have really endured so much to the extent that you're even surprised yourself. She might not tell you this, but she hasn't forgotten how you made her feel. People forget what you say or do but not how you make them feel. The apology you're yet to give started losing its value the moment she started earning more than you, and if you wait till she officially brings up the past before you eventually apologize, the apology will be almost valueless. You are a lucky man. This lady has shown you love that even your hardened heart cannot deny and it's unlikely she'll stop now. So just go and apologize whichever way you know how to, she has obviously at peace with her fate.

Two important things:
1) For the sake of your mental health, don't give yourself excuses for treating her the way you did. Saying things like "I only wanted her to braze up", "that's just who I am", etc. might make you feel better temporarily but the guilty conscience will always come back.
2) Your attitude after the apology is more important than the apology itself. Anybody can apologize but it takes a genuine heart to make changes.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by yusluvad(m): 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2022
This man have got the best wife out there, and he's never appreciative and grateful. Try as much as possible to change your ways before it's too late man...
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by chiboycue: 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:
I created this new handle to hide my identity.

I got married 11 years ago. We both started working before we got married, but my salary was way above my wife's own. I was earning 195k while she was on 108k when we got married, after my MSC, I was promoted and started to earn 350k, this got to me and I started to misbehave, I was doing all sorts and would insult the hell outa her. As the cry cry girl, she would cry, and thereafter I would hear her praying. At times she would say she will one day be greater than me. That to me was an impossibility.

I can't even remember ever giving her money for home keep but we never lacked food at home (we delayed before having kids, so I don't see the need for me to give her monthly money and she never asked). I started giving her after we had kids. She agreed when I told her her money was for the home and mine for investment, but I never included her name in my properties. she knows this as well.

After our kids, it became very demanding, coupled with her office not increasing her pay, she resigned, and that was when I felt the impact of her income. Meanwhile, her pay was reduced to about 80k and mine was increased to like 600k as at when she resigned. In one month I started asking her to return back to her work as to me I was not ready to foot her bills, she never even asked for money, she would even say what I gave her is left 5k or more self at the end of the month.

Now her new journey - When I started disturbing about going back to her former office or getting a new job, she said never and asked me to stop giving her money but go to market to buy food myself. In less than 4 months to her resignation she started talking about online job here and there, I thought it was a scam so I warned her. One day, I was in the office when she said she needs me to help her wit the best laptop to buy, I tried to talk her down on buying one but she ended the call on me.

I got home to see her with a new laptop. fast forward, she paid for a training on how work from home without my knowledge, got her first job of about $200, I also washed her down on going that low for such an amount but she said it was better than her former 80k job, before I knew it, she started talking about $1,000, now it's $3,000, to $4,000 monthly. I earn lower than #1M, my wife gets over #2M monthly working from home. She helped me finished my house project, very transparent and would not hide any $ she earns.

I have not been able to forgive myself of all the things I did to her, the insults, talking down on her but in a way I think I pushed her to become who she is now. I remembered when she asked back then to open a joint account with her, I laughed her to scorn, like how would the ratio be. she saved over 6M and credited my account with everything, just for us to complete our home. I can't even produce 1M.

She doesn't seem hurt, but sometimes she reminds me of those words, I have never officially told her sorry neither have I really changed because I am just like that, I don't mean evil. I wanted her to braze up and never stay low.

Married, men, please how do I ask for her forgiveness? I don't think we have up to 2% of her type out there.

Bro, you could buy your wife a properly wrapped expensive perfume box and chocolate with a card and hand written words in the card that reads -
"Honey, I am so sorry for all the wrongs that I have done to you in the past. Please forgive me. I promise to treat you like a queen that you are henceforth. My life is incomplete without you. I love you with all my life."

She would get the message
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by nakaman: 12:38pm On Feb 04, 2022
abeg give me your wifes phone number, i need the lint to the online job
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by sleek82(m): 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2022
Dchampion65:
Let me be sincere with you,

She is wiser than you think.

Her strength is in her meekness. You can never win against her.

Better make sure you sincerely apologize now and come down from that husband horse you are riding. Change the properties to both names or register a company where all the names of your children also will be included and use the company name in all properties.

Listen sir, your karma is waiting for your old age when you will not have strength to do anything.

I pity you, just know that she is not DUNDEE UNITED
you are smart!
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Mcakwara: 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2022
Pls tell her you're very sorry for all the wrongs you've done to her...You may know but you've Insulted her personality and for God's sake she is your wife..Of a truth you have a very bad character and must change before it gets you in grave danger.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Alabo7978(m): 12:40pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

I got married 11 years ago. We both started working before we got married, but my salary was way above my wife's own. I was earning 195k while she was on 108k when we got married, after my MSC, I was promoted and started to earn 350k, this got to me and I started to misbehave, I was doing all sorts and would insult the hell outa her. As the cry cry girl, she would cry, and thereafter I would hear her praying. At times she would say she will one day be greater than me. That to me was an impossibility.

I can't even remember ever giving her money for home keep but we never lacked food at home (we delayed before having kids, so I don't see the need for me to give her monthly money and she never asked). I started giving her after we had kids. She agreed when I told her her money was for the home and mine for investment, but I never included her name in my properties. she knows this as well.

After our kids, it became very demanding, coupled with her office not increasing her pay, she resigned, and that was when I felt the impact of her income. Meanwhile, her pay was reduced to about 80k and mine was increased to like 600k as at when she resigned. In one month I started asking her to return back to her work as to me I was not ready to foot her bills, she never even asked for money, she would even say what I gave her is left 5k or more self at the end of the month.

Now her new journey - When I started disturbing about going back to her former office or getting a new job, she said never and asked me to stop giving her money but go to market to buy food myself. In less than 4 months to her resignation she started talking about online job here and there, I thought it was a scam so I warned her. One day, I was in the office when she said she needs me to help her wit the best laptop to buy, I tried to talk her down on buying one but she ended the call on me.

I got home to see her with a new laptop. fast forward, she paid for a training on how work from home without my knowledge, got her first job of about $200, I also washed her down on going that low for such an amount but she said it was better than her former 80k job, before I knew it, she started talking about $1,000, now it's $3,000, to $4,000 monthly. I earn lower than #1M, my wife gets over #2M monthly working from home. She helped me finished my house project, very transparent and would not hide any $ she earns.

I have not been able to forgive myself of all the things I did to her, the insults, talking down on her but in a way I think I pushed her to become who she is now. I remembered when she asked back then to open a joint account with her, I laughed her to scorn, like how would the ratio be. she saved over 6M and credited my account with everything, just for us to complete our home. I can't even produce 1M.

She doesn't seem hurt, but sometimes she reminds me of those words, I have never officially told her sorry neither have I really changed because I am just like that, I don't mean evil. I wanted her to braze up and never stay low.

Married, men, please how do I ask for her forgiveness? I don't think we have up to 2% of her type out there.

Does your wife has a single younger sister? Surely they've got to be cut from the same fabric.

You're lucky to have such a wife in this world full of mad ladies.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 04, 2022
Ibime:

You deserve to be divorced, being frank with you.

My dad always taught me to combine family money in one pot as he did with my mum. My wife even controls our savings account and I transfer money to her to save it there. I haven't logged in to that account in years, she just updates me what the balance is monthly.
Nonsense
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by ORIAYO70(m): 12:41pm On Feb 04, 2022
[quote author=thorpido post=109947639]He should apologize because he has realised he has been mistreating her all this while.[/quote

He realized when the earning of the woman's get high, if the woman is not high paid he wouldn't have apologize
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Goldie16(f): 12:42pm On Feb 04, 2022
dawnomike:
In all these, I still wonder why saying "My wife, I am sorry" is so much of a problem to you...
How to say sorry to wife is by first killing that your ego sir. #Peace
.Na him character be that na grin grin grin.
God just gave him the perfect wife for him.
No matter how much of an asshole you are, there's the right someone for you. While being stupid, just always remember to pray
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by sleek82(m): 12:43pm On Feb 04, 2022
WoundedLamb:

@bolded, it's obvious the only reason you're considering saying sorry is because she now earns much more than you do, and you fear she might hold it against you or start treating you the way you used to treat her. Sir, you were evil to her. You probably put her through series of depression phases, and you would have been doing that up till this moment if she was still earning less than you. And you're telling us you're just like that. You're just like how? Just naturally wicked? How would someone that treats his wife like this treat strangers?
You can't even bring yourself to say you're sorry to your wife of over a decade. And please, don't say you just wanted her to braze up (whatever that means). That's what you tell yourself to get rid of the guilty conscience that's obviously eating you up. You obviously know that's not true and that's why you feel this way. Acknowledge your wicked acts without excuses, that's the first step to your peace of mind.

I pity the poor woman. People like you hardly appreciate others. So if you're saying she's such a nice person, then she must have really endured so much to the extent that you're even surprised yourself. She might not tell you this, but she hasn't forgotten how you made her feel. People forget what you say or do but not how you make them feel. The apology you're yet to give started losing its value the moment she started earning more than you, and if you wait till she officially brings up the past before you eventually apologize, the apology will be almost valueless. You are a lucky man. This lady has shown you love that even your hardened heart cannot deny and it's unlikely she'll stop now. So just go and apologize whichever way you know how to, she has obviously at peace with her fate.

Two important things:
1) For the sake of your mental health, don't give yourself excuses for treating her the way you did. Saying things like "I only wanted her to braze up", "that's just who I am", etc. might make you feel better temporarily but the guilty conscience will always come back.
2) Your attitude after the apology is more important than the apology itself. Anybody can apologize but it takes a genuine heart to make changes.
wow!!!! God bless you for this!
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by aikyg(m): 12:44pm On Feb 04, 2022
This man has a very bad heart. So you can't say something as simple as sorry.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 04, 2022
BestRicePlug28:

This story could be fake, but it doesn't change the fact that this is someone's life story as we discuss here. Some men didn't leave their bad characters While growing up. I saw this talented lady in the saloon, she came to resign, I asked her why, she said her boyfriend that wants to marry her asked her to stop coming to her Madam's shop ( make man no see her) she uses a touch light phone with rubbering support. ( This guy is nothing different from the man who is behind this story if it's real.

True, which is why I think awareness & exposure for both men and women is neccessary, It keeps you from being used but I am just tired of advising a user with a fake story.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by ShenTeh(m): 12:45pm On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

This is why I never joined those who bash (Nigerian) women because women have been strategic foundations to whatever I think I am today.

I married part of the 2% too I must confess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by charleoj(m): 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2022
Guy, You can't eat your cake and have it. And also hell has no fury like a woman scorned. You made her feel lesser and made her cry because of money. Do you even understand what marriage is? Now she is richer than you and you want her forgiveness because of money again. Guy you are a gold digger. If she ever forgives you, I will say she has the heart of gold but I doubt it. For her to pray to be richer than you, the prayer she should be praying for you. Good luck sha. But guy you be thief original barawo
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Sirkardinal: 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2022
Chairman!! wetin dey kill you be say,you get too much ego and pride..Abeg learn when to apologize and beg o,there is no shame in that...this Valentine wey dey come so,buy gift or take her to dinner,be romantic and beg for forgiveness and also thank her...e get why oo
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Decryptor(m): 12:50pm On Feb 04, 2022
This thread looks like one of those fairy tale myths that all these frustrated misandrists here on NL will create another moniker and post just to catch trips. undecided
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by NOwazobia: 12:50pm On Feb 04, 2022
Another lie, another attention seeker. Tueh
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by khalids: 12:51pm On Feb 04, 2022
Me i no dey interested in all this apology somethings.....you be adult you know the right thing to do

To the one way concern me...Abeg bros, how your madam take do those online work for home things....JUST ASKING FOR A FRIEND

BIKO SHOW PEOPLE THE WAY
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Don't waste your time on this thread, my dear. The story here is as fake as a boob surgery.

Lol, funny comparison. How far with your Radisson Blue connect? Any update for us smiley

When are you guys travelling to Amelika cheesy
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by NOwazobia: 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2022
TheeDetective:
Una don start again with una fake story.

It's not rocket science to know that this is nothing but a fictitious story.

Anyway this family section don dry small so pushing out these fake and fictitious stories will bring traffic back.grin
This one is so obvious. So fake as the op
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Westernequinox: 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2022
Leadership is not in money, it is in love, A man is master over his house, not by manipulations, but by empathy, sacrifice, what you are lacking is the government of the holy spirit over your life. Go and apologize sincerely.
The Bible says fools mock at making amends for their sin.
You are insufficient on you, i admonish you that you pray,if you are able to do so, you would become one indivisible unit as family and you would stand strong in the day of trouble.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Tannhauser(m): 12:55pm On Feb 04, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
All these fake stories for content purposes and to keep Nairaland moving. Don't waste your time advising, folks. It's all fake.

Finally, an intelligent female.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by arantess: 12:56pm On Feb 04, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
....If after eleven years of marriage and you still don't know how to apologise to your wife,Oga check yourself. You are not being honest.
Or the story is bullcrap
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by oluplus(m): 12:56pm On Feb 04, 2022
If your wife stops making money again, I mean if the money stops coming to her, how would you react?
You should not just be sorry because she's now making money, she is your wife and you need to respect her, regardless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

'My Husband Does Not Last A Minute On Bed' - Woman Tells Court / "She Lied To Me For Six Years" Heartbroken Man Cries Out After DNA Result / New Japanese Device Allows Dads To Breastfeed Their Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.