Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

How Do I Apologize To My Wife? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Apologize To My Wife? (51086 Views)

Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids / I Apologize For Disappointing My Wife & Children / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by ariesbull: 11:47am On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:
I created this new handle to hide my identity.

I got married 11 years ago. We both started working before we got married, but my salary was way above my wife's own. I was earning 195k while she was on 108k when we got married, after my MSC, I was promoted and started to earn 350k, this got to me and I started to misbehave, I was doing all sorts and would insult the hell outa her. As the cry cry girl, she would cry, and thereafter I would hear her praying. At times she would say she will one day be greater than me. That to me was an impossibility.

I can't even remember ever giving her money for home keep but we never lacked food at home (we delayed before having kids, so I don't see the need for me to give her monthly money and she never asked). I started giving her after we had kids. She agreed when I told her her money was for the home and mine for investment, but I never included her name in my properties. she knows this as well.

After our kids, it became very demanding, coupled with her office not increasing her pay, she resigned, and that was when I felt the impact of her income. Meanwhile, her pay was reduced to about 80k and mine was increased to like 600k as at when she resigned. In one month I started asking her to return back to her work as to me I was not ready to foot her bills, she never even asked for money, she would even say what I gave her is left 5k or more self at the end of the month.

Now her new journey - When I started disturbing about going back to her former office or getting a new job, she said never and asked me to stop giving her money but go to market to buy food myself. In less than 4 months to her resignation she started talking about online job here and there, I thought it was a scam so I warned her. One day, I was in the office when she said she needs me to help her wit the best laptop to buy, I tried to talk her down on buying one but she ended the call on me.

I got home to see her with a new laptop. fast forward, she paid for a training on how work from home without my knowledge, got her first job of about $200, I also washed her down on going that low for such an amount but she said it was better than her former 80k job, before I knew it, she started talking about $1,000, now it's $3,000, to $4,000 monthly. I earn lower than #1M, my wife gets over #2M monthly working from home. She helped me finished my house project, very transparent and would not hide any $ she earns.

I have not been able to forgive myself of all the things I did to her, the insults, talking down on her but in a way I think I pushed her to become who she is now. I remembered when she asked back then to open a joint account with her, I laughed her to scorn, like how would the ratio be. she saved over 6M and credited my account with everything, just for us to complete our home. I can't even produce 1M.

She doesn't seem hurt, but sometimes she reminds me of those words, I have never officially told her sorry neither have I really changed because I am just like that, I don't mean evil. I wanted her to braze up and never stay low.

Married, men, please how do I ask for her forgiveness? I don't think we have up to 2% of her type out there.

You have an angel keep her... Be good and be nice father... You don't need to go on your knees

You need to be a loving man that's all
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Bill8012(m): 11:47am On Feb 04, 2022
Hmm
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Newboss(m): 11:47am On Feb 04, 2022
Mumu thread. Fake AF

1 Like

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Help2020: 11:47am On Feb 04, 2022
laluski:

Look at your last paragraph...you mean you know this and you have the impunity to come here and ask us for advice...you must be very stupid..
I don't blame you, I blame her for marrying a slowpoke like you..infact between she marrying you and you saying all this here..I don't know whose more stupid..if to say na my sister come tell me this kind story WORD FOR WORD..my advice to her would have been a very dirty slap.
Lemme ask you if your father did all Thai to your mother and you knew all this....will you love your dad the more or call your own mother a fool...
Tell us your answer here sincerely before it enters your empty brain to get angry at the truth am saying and want to vent your childish anger back at me...
Kai...this boy just spoil my mood this evening Sha...
It got me wondering why such an angel got married to an evil man like this.. The idiot is not getting the insult he deserve. How can you treat ur own wife so badly,how? Because of how much?Danmm
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by ismodiwa(m): 11:47am On Feb 04, 2022
You're an irresponsible man.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by pawn89(m): 11:47am On Feb 04, 2022
pride, pride and more pride is all I read all over your statements ?

And even when she strives to be better all you did was mock her and haul hurtful words at her. Now that she earns more your ego still wouldn't have you apologize to her, but NO, instead it was you who pushed her to be a better person.

smh for you, you'll soon get served your fair share.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by geloorrrrdd(m): 11:48am On Feb 04, 2022
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Mozegee: 11:48am On Feb 04, 2022
That kind of ur wife is so rare.i think I am lucky to have a good wife too. It is a heavenly gift when God decide to bless you with a good woman. Get a gift she will be so amazed when you give it to her,brace up and tell her you are sorry for all ur words in the past , cherish her,tell her good words and how you are blessed by having her as ur wife. Bro I think u are good to go. I wish u more happiness in ur marriage. What God cannot do does not exist.
gazeup1:

I got married 11 years ago. We both started working before we got married, but my salary was way above my wife's own. I was earning 195k while she was on 108k when we got married, after my MSC, I was promoted and started to earn 350k, this got to me and I started to misbehave, I was doing all sorts and would insult the hell outa her. As the cry cry girl, she would cry, and thereafter I would hear her praying. At times she would say she will one day be greater than me. That to me was an impossibility.

I can't even remember ever giving her money for home keep but we never lacked food at home (we delayed before having kids, so I don't see the need for me to give her monthly money and she never asked). I started giving her after we had kids. She agreed when I told her her money was for the home and mine for investment, but I never included her name in my properties. she knows this as well.

After our kids, it became very demanding, coupled with her office not increasing her pay, she resigned, and that was when I felt the impact of her income. Meanwhile, her pay was reduced to about 80k and mine was increased to like 600k as at when she resigned. In one month I started asking her to return back to her work as to me I was not ready to foot her bills, she never even asked for money, she would even say what I gave her is left 5k or more self at the end of the month.

Now her new journey - When I started disturbing about going back to her former office or getting a new job, she said never and asked me to stop giving her money but go to market to buy food myself. In less than 4 months to her resignation she started talking about online job here and there, I thought it was a scam so I warned her. One day, I was in the office when she said she needs me to help her wit the best laptop to buy, I tried to talk her down on buying one but she ended the call on me.

I got home to see her with a new laptop. fast forward, she paid for a training on how work from home without my knowledge, got her first job of about $200, I also washed her down on going that low for such an amount but she said it was better than her former 80k job, before I knew it, she started talking about $1,000, now it's $3,000, to $4,000 monthly. I earn lower than #1M, my wife gets over #2M monthly working from home. She helped me finished my house project, very transparent and would not hide any $ she earns.

I have not been able to forgive myself of all the things I did to her, the insults, talking down on her but in a way I think I pushed her to become who she is now. I remembered when she asked back then to open a joint account with her, I laughed her to scorn, like how would the ratio be. she saved over 6M and credited my account with everything, just for us to complete our home. I can't even produce 1M.

She doesn't seem hurt, but sometimes she reminds me of those words, I have never officially told her sorry neither have I really changed because I am just like that, I don't mean evil. I wanted her to braze up and never stay low.

Married, men, please how do I ask for her forgiveness? I don't think we have up to 2% of her type out there.

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by phemmyfour: 11:48am On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

You don't deserve her. You are irresponsible, common 350k turned your head around. Your retirement days will be terrible
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by mhizv(f): 11:50am On Feb 04, 2022
The advice you were given on fb isn't enough?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by BENCHOKCONSULT: 11:50am On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

Op, you are a mumu man.
How will a man be insulting his wife because he earns more than her? Just so stupid.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Commanderinpips: 11:50am On Feb 04, 2022
My brother, thank GOD you have her as your wife. First, drop your ego and ask for her forgiveness. Second, go all out to support her dreams and aspirations going forward. Thirdly, try to learn from her and make her business a family thing. Lastly treasure her and let her know how important she is to you. Cheers.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Revolution001: 11:50am On Feb 04, 2022
The next property should be in her name alone and you must contribute a larger percentage.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 04, 2022
Toks2008:

Lamba!

Anything to make front page
My thoughts
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Archworld(m): 11:50am On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

Instead of bashing this man why can't you people ask him what kind of online business his wife is into ?
I have read almost all the comments , none is willing to know , everyone rather focus on the abuse and also call him a scam.

Please let me know this your online business

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Crunchy12(m): 11:51am On Feb 04, 2022
You are a selfish and terrible husband. You are disgusting!
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by nams77: 11:51am On Feb 04, 2022
If what you wrote is actually true, then tell her what an as hole you have been and make her know she has taught you how to be a better person and that you are changed now
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by rottennaija(m): 11:51am On Feb 04, 2022
dawnomike:
In all these, I still wonder why saying "My wife, I am sorry" is so much of a problem to you...
How to say sorry to wife is by first killing that your ego sir. #Peace

He is a narsasssist. Saying sorry demeans them.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by nazablossom(f): 11:52am On Feb 04, 2022
This story is so fake undecided
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Oduduwa707: 11:52am On Feb 04, 2022
laluski:

Look at your last paragraph...you mean you know this and you have the impunity to come here and ask us for advice...you must be very stupid..
I don't blame you, I blame her for marrying a slowpoke like you..infact between she marrying you and you saying all this here..I don't know whose more stupid..if to say na my sister come tell me this kind story WORD FOR WORD..my advice to her would have been a very dirty slap.
Lemme ask you if your father did all Thai to your mother and you knew all this....will you love your dad the more or call your own mother a fool...
Tell us your answer here sincerely before it enters your empty brain to get angry at the truth am saying and want to vent your childish anger back at me...
Kai...this boy just spoil my mood this evening Sha...

BTW isn't 'Between'. It's 'By The Way' grin
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Kam2021: 11:52am On Feb 04, 2022
Nairaland stories..you no go know wether nah true abi fake story..person go waste energy untop fake story..

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by michoim(m): 11:52am On Feb 04, 2022
Wao! What a virtuous woman!
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

If you don't want problem in hour House then don't ever apologise or say sorry.
Just die the matter.
Show remorse through actions, change into a better person. Never bring up that matter.
You'll regret it if you don't take this advice.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by frozen70(f): 11:53am On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

Since you acted considerably, seat her down one mind night and confess to her and ask for forgiveness

She has every records of what you did to her

I pray she doesn't pay you back

Meanwhile after the apology, tell her to accompany you to reflect her names in the property documents

She will be willing to do more but prove love to her
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by NaMe4: 11:54am On Feb 04, 2022
undecided
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by cliqtips: 11:55am On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

You think she wasn't hurt ?
I pray she has a forgiving spirit else you will regret it later.

It's your audacity for me, you want to take the glory that you frustrated her to be better. Sir, that joke is on youu.

Thank God that you weren't able to break her.

She is too strong for you.

And you could even say she gave you money to complete "our house". So, it is now "our house" not your house.

The house you didn't put her name there.

I'm sure this story is more than this.
Are you going to tell us about the extra marital affairs ?
Or do you want to tell us you were faithful to her looking at all what you made her go through.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by Ibime(m): 11:55am On Feb 04, 2022
gazeup1:

You deserve to be divorced, being frank with you.

My dad always taught me to combine family money in one pot as he did with my mum. My wife even controls our savings account and I transfer money to her to save it there. I haven't logged in to that account in years, she just updates me what the balance is monthly.
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by 9jaBloke: 11:55am On Feb 04, 2022
You are on nairaland to learn how to ask for forgiveness?

I don't think you are sorry. It's more of regret and fear.

You simply don't deserve her
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by rickpat(m): 11:56am On Feb 04, 2022
firstly...sit down and turn the table around .be the one treated that way...would you forgive?..if yes then proceed to love that woman and treat her like a queen that she is...I really want u to turn the table around cus it will help you know the true value of appreciating, respecting and loving someone...now you must be very transparent and try all your best to reciprocate all that she brings to the marriage in loving, caring and respecting... have that healthy "competition" with your wife on who will love each other more...you have a jewel don't loose it!...A GOOD WOMAN THAT EARNS MORE THAN THR MAN WILL LOVE AND SHARE EVERYTHING WITH THE MAN ONCE THE MAN ALWAYS SHARES HIS "LITTLE" WITH HER AND SUPPORT,LOVE AND RESPECT HER....GIVE A GOOD WOMAN LOVE, CARE,HONESTY, RESPECT AND LOYALTY AND SHE WILL GIVE YOU THAT TOO A THOUSAND FOLDS .. you're a blessed man..may wisdom to love your wife find you more..good luck
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by BestRicePlug28(f): 11:56am On Feb 04, 2022
truthsayer009:
The fakeness of this story is so unreal, many of the stories on this family section doesn't make any sense.

So you started to insult your wife because you got promoted and you were making more money.

Aren't you suppose to be making more money as the husband?

The glory of a married man is not in his wife's money, so this part makes no sense!

Also this part where you say your wife helped you finish your house project after all those insults you rained on her, plus the fact that you never supported her to own a good laptop.

No woman is helping you build anything after those insults, she will remind you of every word line by line every day.

This story could be fake, but it doesn't change the fact that this is someone's life story as we discuss here. Some men didn't leave their bad characters While growing up. I saw this talented lady in the saloon, she came to resign, I asked her why, she said her boyfriend that wants to marry her asked her to stop coming to her Madam's shop ( make man no see her) she uses a touch light phone with rubbering support. ( This guy is nothing different from the man who is behind this story if it's real.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by gadgetplanetng: 11:56am On Feb 04, 2022
If you make $10,000 would you start again?
Re: How Do I Apologize To My Wife? by mymadam(m): 11:57am On Feb 04, 2022
Jeon:

... Abi en dy pain you because I call am sweety and I ignored you? ...

Chai, that's wicked! Baad gal you grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

New Japanese Device Allows Dads To Breastfeed Their Babies / Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person / 'My Husband Does Not Last A Minute On Bed' - Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.